PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] Auto Assign

Obez
10-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Do you guys think we could try out forced auto-assign? We were talking about it in the server and thought that maybe, if it was given a try, that it would help out from the major team stack (Where the best players don't go against eachother, but with and rape the other team). Also, would stop people from sitting in spec to try and get a team they want. I'm open to feedback so post what you guys think.

Meltdown
10-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Reason i dont play wcs, too much trouble then it is really worth, to be gang raped day after day after dat to gain little bit of experience, nahh no thanks. People with lots of power should play against each other why else do u get all this experience?? Everyone wants a changle or do i get the conept of wcs wrong.

What
10-29-2012, 12:55 PM
All this would do is have people leave and come back to try and get on the team they want, wouldn't really solve anything just make it more annoying

ZERO
10-29-2012, 01:04 PM
The admins have been discussing programing ways to adjust game balance to correct the issue. Last night we arrived at a solution but it will take a few weeks for me to program it in.

Admins like to discuss sensitive matters like this in the private forum so we can openly express a lot of ideas without worry of the regulars flipping out going oh shit they going to break the game ect. What I can say now is that any plans that are implemented will allow for better players to still stand out, will maintain current gameplay structure and will be tested extensivly and observed closly to ensure balance and bug free preformance.

brett friggin favre
10-29-2012, 01:55 PM
The admins have been discussing programing ways to adjust game balance to correct the issue. Last night we arrived at a solution but it will take a few weeks for me to program it in.

Admins like to discuss sensitive matters like this in the private forum so we can openly express a lot of ideas without worry of the regulars flipping out going oh shit they going to break the game ect. What I can say now is that any plans that are implemented will allow for better players to still stand out, will maintain current gameplay structure and will be tested extensivly and observed closly to ensure balance and bug free preformance.

this. also forcing auto assign can mess with restricted traces and some people who are nice enough to switch off a stacked team would not be able to. a solution is in the works and it will definitely be better than simply forcing auto assign.

Masskid
10-29-2012, 03:25 PM
So what would stop the system from putting the best players on one team?? If they wanted to even the teams after that no luck sooo I'm going with nope

maynard
10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
ahh, we're kicking this dead horse again eh?

No. auto assign fixes nothing. we're discussing other plans of action in the admin section.

Meltdown
10-29-2012, 04:21 PM
tbh i never got wcs really, people play to get better, to have a greater changle but all they do is smash noobs, is that why u work ur ass off all those weeks??? I'm just surprised that people these days don't play for the thrill or challenge anymore. it just have to be easy easy easy.

tj26
10-29-2012, 05:50 PM
tbh i never got wcs really, people play to get better, to have a greater changle but all they do is smash noobs, is that why u work ur ass off all those weeks??? I'm just surprised that people these days don't play for the thrill or challenge anymore. it just have to be easy easy easy.

I honestly believe people play for there k/d ratio, people constantly play maxed out races and would rather go 10-3 on the winning side instead of going to the losing team and getting way more kills

Obez
10-29-2012, 06:06 PM
I honestly believe people play for there k/d ratio, people constantly play maxed out races and would rather go 10-3 on the winning side instead of going to the losing team and getting way more kills

This exactly. People have been playing maxed human when they're level 100. ON THE WINNING TEAM! It's just idiotic to be honest.

Also, thanks for the response Zero. If you need people to test, you can message me here or something. Happy to see progress has been made on this already.

And Brett Favre, thanks for your response also. I didn't think about that before I made this.

StarsMine
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
I almost feel we should go back to pre OB with no level cap sometimes to shut people up about playing maxed races.

There is NOTHING wrong with playing maxed races, and they still go up in rank doing so, just not the level based ranks. Also for many the rank is not their goal.

Meltdown
10-30-2012, 09:51 AM
I almost feel we should go back to pre OB with no level cap sometimes to shut people up about playing maxed races.

There is NOTHING wrong with playing maxed races, and they still go up in rank doing so, just not the level based ranks. Also for many the rank is not their goal.

Ofc there is nothing wrong with it, it just scared the shit out of new people ever playing on ibis wcs that's all.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I almost feel we should go back to pre OB with no level cap

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE DAY 1!!

meh, whatever. people will always bitch. they'll bitch, but not play better

Wolfenstinger
11-01-2012, 12:19 PM
i miss my lvl 150 vagalion, but it's whatever. Fun while it lasted, no more $3500 for good boo-ku xp.

Overall - will just lurk and wait. Personally, would like to see a random race command. I can never decide what to play when I hop on, so I hop around between Archmage, Succubus, Jack, Genocide, Panorama, Nebula (sometimes), and Vagalion.

Spasm
11-01-2012, 06:39 PM
No level cap would be good imo, it would make people want to play more and playing more is always a good thing

StarsMine
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I wasnt being serious about no level cap....

XX0wnsXY
11-02-2012, 03:47 AM
I wasnt being serious about no level cap....

I see no harm in it. Let the basement dwellers get those levels that mean nothing at all. They will....oh, they will.

Chikun
11-02-2012, 09:00 AM
I see no harm in it. Let the basement dwellers get those levels that mean nothing at all. They will....oh, they will.

I feel it gives a justification to whoring the "better" races if they're rewarded with more levels and can gain a higher War3 rank more easily than people who took the time to finish off the more difficult/less desirable races.

Rank is clearly the most important thing in the WCS.

Spasm
11-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I feel it gives a justification to whoring the "better" races if they're rewarded with more levels and can gain a higher War3 rank more easily than people who took the time to finish off the more difficult/less desirable races.

Rank is clearly the most important thing in the WCS.

No it's not, and people whore the best races regardless. It would actually imo increase server population if the level cap was removed.

Wolfenstinger
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
The removal of level cap would allow us obviously to reach over 1000 and be ready for any races that are released; but also allows people that are still leveling to be able to stay on some of the more favorable races when they are first starting out (ex. flame predator). Also anyone who has all the races maxed already basically have their "trophy race" which means if they are playing it and die, there is the huge xp kills due to level difference. Adds some incentive in killing people rather than the whole not caring if they play human 24/7 and whore the hell out of it.

Of course, war3rank? Before anyone really had all the races maxed, it was all about just levels rather than XP. Now that there is what, 2-3 pages (about 20-30 people?) with all the races maxed, its just an xp farm race for rank which nobody can really pass anyone at that point depending on how often they play and how often their competition plays. You go up 200k xp, you're competition probably just went up 200k xp in that same time because you both have the same amount of time to play.

Granted - people will play their favorite race. Ok? When has this stopped anyone?

Just things I noticed and felt like contributing.

What
11-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Removing the level cap will not alter the gameplay in any major way, some may be more worried about race whores, but that already happens so its not an issue, plus if you a level 90 shadow hunter or something, when you get killed by a new player your gonna shoot out a bunch of xp. That is one thing i noticed, if im a maxed shadow hunter and kill a level 40 vaga, i get around 100 xp, but if they kill me they only get 30. But overall i have a crap load more xp on my shadowhunter than a level 40 vaga, so in a way it would even out xp distribution, or maybe im just insane.:hug:

Chikun
11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Let me restate my opinion.

I want to keep the level cap for the sanctity of the war3rank (because it's the most important thing). What would be better, is to have a better record of how much xp each race has and to grant xp rewards for kills based on the other person's xp he or she has rather than the level. This way, when the person who whores his level 40 human constantly is killed by someone who just hit 40 with theirs, their xp gain would be more than just 30 based on the difference between the two. I find it silly to think that someone deserves a higher rank than someone because they only play one race very well without even needing to play any other. I think this would also add another level of skill as it would be easier to climb the xp ranks by getting kills with races you don't normally would play because they have a lower total amount of xp than others.

How any of this is related to auto assign is enough insanity for one thread.

Spasm
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Let me restate my opinion.

I want to keep the level cap for the sanctity of the war3rank (because it's the most important thing). What would be better, is to have a better record of how much xp each race has and to grant xp rewards for kills based on the other person's xp he or she has rather than the level. This way, when the person who whores his level 40 human constantly is killed by someone who just hit 40 with theirs, their xp gain would be more than just 30 based on the difference between the two. I find it silly to think that someone deserves a higher rank than someone because they only play one race very well without even needing to play any other. I think this would also add another level of skill as it would be easier to climb the xp ranks by getting kills with races you don't normally would play because they have a lower total amount of xp than others.

How any of this is related to auto assign is enough insanity for one thread.

Your obviously the only person concerned with war3rank as shown by your posts.

Chikun
11-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Sarcasm is very hard to project.

brett friggin favre
11-02-2012, 11:59 PM
the rank helps determine your team placement for wcs scrims. i started sucking, they put me on spasm's team, presto win-o. war3rank is certainly the most important thing about wcs, but it's important in that if you do bad, you get to be on spasm's team.

Spasm
11-03-2012, 01:56 AM
the rank helps determine your team placement for wcs scrims. i started sucking, they put me on spasm's team, presto win-o. war3rank is certainly the most important thing about wcs, but it's important in that if you do bad, you get to be on spasm's team.

MVP of last scrim goes to r@mbo (I believe) all those free wpns, FUCK YEA

Dishes
12-20-2012, 01:56 AM
Do you guys think we could try out forced auto-assign? We were talking about it in the server and thought that maybe, if it was given a try, that it would help out from the major team stack (Where the best players don't go against eachother, but with and rape the other team). Also, would stop people from sitting in spec to try and get a team they want. I'm open to feedback so post what you guys think.

I used to play on a server a few years ago that had an "!scramble" option, where if enough players typed that (much like RTV) it would scramble a random percentage of players (anywhere between 15% and 75% if I recall..) to the opposite team. It worked fairly well for the previous server, and I think it's an option to consider here considering how many people think team stacking is an issue. Personally, I think its better to play against more skilled players, I mean you can't get any better without playing against better, right?

XX0wnsXY
12-20-2012, 02:09 AM
I used to play on a server a few years ago that had an "!scramble" option, where if enough players typed that (much like RTV) it would scramble a random percentage of players (anywhere between 15% and 75% if I recall..) to the opposite team. It worked fairly well for the previous server, and I think it's an option to consider here considering how many people think team stacking is an issue. Personally, I think its better to play against more skilled players, I mean you can't get any better without playing against better, right?

Interesting idea. Not sure its needed, but, interesting nonetheless.

CYBER
12-20-2012, 05:43 AM
You're alright kid. You're alright.
Then again my standards got squashed recently with TheCat's appearance in the threads...
I second what owns said, to the letter.

Masskid
12-20-2012, 11:14 AM

+1, it would be nice to have the option to scramble teams even if it isn't needed