PDA

View Full Version : buffer overflow

brett friggin favre
11-05-2012, 10:25 PM
so someone triggered a black hole in the server and it killed something like 5 people. immediately after that, most of the server was disconnected with the message: Disconnect: Buffer overflow in net message.. Not sure if it was a random occurence or if it had something to do with that void, but i'll dl the demo for safekeeping and post if i see it again. also, anyone else feel free to post if you see it happen again.

btw there was no spam text in console before the disconnect.

ThA_DeAgLiZeR
11-06-2012, 03:44 PM
me and i2o4 have also realized the server will give out late at night at like 1 or 2am. It'll start up again but you wont be able to get through a round for like 5 times... and then we have to pray it balances :headache:

What
11-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah thats just what happens when the server crashes, not related to the time period, since depending on where you live thats not really late at night.

In realtion to deagles thing, not bretts, that is cracked out.

CYBER
11-06-2012, 08:23 PM
ive noticed that late at night (between 1 to 3 am eastern time) the server tends to crash MASSIVELY.
and i dnt mean 1 crash, i mean 15+ crashes in a row... Im not sure what exactly is going on @zero... (god i wish forums had tag names...)

Even if u rcon_restart it, it still fails.

HOWEVER i noticed that doing THREE rcon_restarts back to back (takes a total of 30 seconds) and immediately changing the map to de_piranesi (most stable map imo since dust2 and assault have a lot of crash rates...), and prohibiting anyone from using any ultimates for the first 3 rounds usually does the trick (90% it works for me!)...

I think that my attempt above is a gd way to let the server stabilise before getting spammed by ultis , specially flyers and vaga and neb... maybe it doesnt matter, but i've seen gd results.