PDA

View Full Version : Forum Intigration

ZERO
11-08-2012, 04:09 AM
I am still working on multiple ways to deal with extending the forum integration enjoyed on our CS:S servers over to NS2. This game is very young and my total lack lack of knowledge for LUA along with the NS2 API will delay us from having the sort of stuff you can do in SM and with sourcebans for at least a year.

For now I will be working with what I do know to create solutions. These will allow automated admin and reserved slot activation just like we have now (but with a delay). I have discovered that you can generate and override files remotely via php. Therefore the solution is to have a batch operation run every so often that will sync the list of admins and reserved slot users with the NS2 server. I will also be designing the system to automatically generate the NS2 id for those that have not entered in one. As a result even a current subscriber that just got ns2 loads the game for the first time and connects to our server will already have their reserved slot/admin without needing to edit their profile first with their ns2 id (assuming they are using the same steam account).

Now it will take me a few days to get this made and tested but in theory I do not see this not working nor any issue with my knowledge that would prevent this.

Getting this to actually work is step 1.

Step 2 is to then add some basic admin and reserved slot system to the server. The programing work for this may be contracted out or I may use one of the emerging mods.

As always reserved slot and admin will continue to include all of our servers for the same price regardless of what game said servers run.

ZERO
11-09-2012, 04:56 PM
I have now updated the forums so that if players enter only their NS2 id the system will internally update their steambans profile with the matching STEAM ID. Note that if a player has a STEAM ID entered this ID will ALWAYS override the NS2 ID value. When both are present admin abilities will be given to the STEAM ID if there is a mismatch.

This will allow users to enter either their STEAM ID or NS2 ID and instantly get the correct permissions in Sourcebans.

Also these changes may correct some issues some players where having updating there steam ids in general.

Now on to part 2 of step 1 where I now use the steambans database to build an admin list for the NS2 server. After this is complete I then just need a way to make the file be generated remotely and we will then have the forums and sourcebans admins/reserved slot users linked to the NS2 server.

ZERO
11-17-2012, 04:36 PM
php backend developed to allow ns2 servers to request the list of admins/reserved slot users. Currently working with developer of DAK to open this technology up to all gaming communities and allow DAK to get admin/reserved slot users from sourcebans.

ZERO
11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
DAK will support this feature in today's build. I am preparing local test servers to work on configuration.

ZERO
11-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Unlike with our CS:S servers admin and reserved slot will activate WITHOUT A MAP CHANGE. The list is checked every time someone connects to the server if >x time has passed and updates admins.

ZERO
11-20-2012, 05:44 AM
I have verified the system works with the latest beta build of DAK will test out the other features later. :wtg:

Suprise Butsexz
11-20-2012, 06:30 PM
That mean reserved slots are on live servers?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-20-2012, 06:38 PM
That mean reserved slots are on live servers?

not as of tonight, it seems

ZERO
11-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Correct I am still getting all the configuration and options down on my local test server. Please remember there is virtually no documentation for this stuff so it takes a while to test and I am not going to release something that can mess up anything in the server. :wtg:

Suprise Butsexz
11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
you must not work for a large company, with the release and let users find the bugs approach :P

Chikun
11-20-2012, 10:26 PM
you must not work for a large company, with the release and let users find the bugs approach :P

Something I'm all too familiar with. Made me lol.

ZERO
11-21-2012, 05:06 AM
Admin mod is now up :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Admin mod is now up :wtg:

o.O what's the command?

ZERO
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
There is no admin menu or anything, use sv_help for your list of commands.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-21-2012, 05:05 PM
There is no admin menu or anything, use sv_help for your list of commands.

is there more than those listed on the DAK github page? cause there's really not much available. looks like we can start map votes, cancel map votes, start official mode, appoint captains, turn ff on, and kill the server...

ZERO
11-21-2012, 07:22 PM
sv_help will list all the commands you have access to.

Suprise Butsexz
11-22-2012, 12:22 AM
means reserved is up now too? assuming so since the server is up to 19 max now

ZERO
11-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Correct