PDA

View Full Version : Anime Season: Winter 2012/2013

Bane of Soldiers
12-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Got a hold of the v2.0 anime chart!! :icon_mrgreen:
I don't think this season comes close to comparing to this awesome fall 2012; it might not even compare to last year's winter season. Even though time is running out, I'm hoping for a last minute update on some more interesting sounding shows.

03/07/13: Updated to v3.0 (pretty late, I know). There were only slight adjustments

StarsMine
12-03-2012, 09:42 PM
yea not much for TV shows, just have a backlog to catch up on anyways
New 08th ms team footage? Thats awsome. Looking forward to a few movies, but thats bout it. I know a few people are getting excited over train hero

ZERO
12-03-2012, 09:57 PM
AKB0048
Achiga-hen Episode of Side A
Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan
Puchimas!
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi
Minami-ke Tadaima
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
Sasami-san@Ganbarani
Tamako Market
Kotoura-sanVividred OperationAll those look good and the ones in bold are a must watch.

Bane of Soldiers
12-03-2012, 11:08 PM
The very least I will do is watch the first four here... ranking in priority, something like this:

Tamako Market - An original by KyoAni? It probably won't be as good as their adaptions, but I'm sure it won't be any less moe
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - A romantic comedy featuring a hikikomori and directed by SHAFT? Sold
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Season 2 for Meat and Sora
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi - Sounds interesting enough; sounds like a basic storyline and setup for a harem.
Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan - This sounds like a less incestuous OniAi. I hope it'll be just as witty
Chihayafuru S2 - ......after I finish the next 18 episodes of season 1
Vividred Operation - Might be similar to Strike Witches... yet, there might actually be a plot significant enough to draw viewers' attentions away from the ecchi and lolis
Kotoura-san - When I read a summary for this on ANN way back, it sounded like a good set up for comedy. I'm a little hesitant now, after seeing the art
Puchimas! Petit iDOLM@STER - Need to finish ~10 more episodes of the iDOLM@STER and the OVAs first. This show doesn't really have me falling over to watch it, unlike the iDOLM@STER. It's not the Puchidorus as is the feeling that these episodes will be similar to extras. Though that isn't actually a bad thing if it's iDOLM@STER...

ZERO
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Oh I should mention that Achiga-hen Episode of Side A is a 3rd season of the show that just won MOE of the year last year.

Bane of Soldiers
12-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh I should mention that Achiga-hen Episode of Side A is a 3rd season of the show that just won MOE of the year last year.

Which makes it absolutely worthy of watching. It's just that ain't nobody got the time to start and finish the first two seasons: this upcoming season will be here in less than a month! :3

ZERO
12-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Sure it is only like 8 hours. The problem is finding english subs for them, good luck with that.

Bane of Soldiers
12-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Sure it is only like 8 hours. The problem is finding english subs for them, good luck with that.

Oh, I was also factoring in the first season of Saki. Since Achiga-hen is a side story with different characters, I might actually just go watch it now lol

Oh wait, some characters reappear, but I think there won't be any content lost if Achiga-hen is watched first

Bane of Soldiers
01-27-2013, 09:59 PM
So far, Kotoura-san is the best new show of this winter season. If you pick up anything new this season, at least choose Kotoura-san. But look up the summary to see if the show suits you. Something lies underneath the romantic comedy label and fluffy opening theme, and I'm liking it. A lot.

Brief recommendations of what I'm watching, in no particular order:

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha tries to bring the nostalgic medieval backdrop in this season. And the big chested demons. This show resembles Spice & Wolf on many levels. But so far, wolf goddess > demon queen. But yeah, if Spice & Wolf and comically big chests interest you, this is up your alley.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next is everything you would expect from its first season. Escalated. Haganai dives straight back into its jokes.

Did you like K-On!? Then you will enjoy Tamako Market.

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru can fill this season's basic harem quota. Your generic setup: Transfer-student-from-out-of-country (overseas for the past 9 years) character. Check. Transfer student is now the most beautiful girl in school. Check. Said girl kicks off the harem with unlikely lead. Check. Osananajimi (childhood friend) character. Check. Dense lead character. Check. Four episodes in, waiting for the two other girls of the harem to join. Although I say it's generic, it doesn't demotivate someone like me. So far, OreShura is a solid and fun title to watch.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai... is one crazy show. Being from the same studio, it matches Bakemonogatari. What happened to "Koi to senkyo?" Still chuckling from that... I'm not entirely sure what's happening yet, but imagine Shaft getting a hold of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Cut Kyon's awesome narration and delegate Haruhi's powers to a character who has Jiraiya's voice (Naruto). Oh, and Haruhi is now a hikikomori. From genki to ganbaranai. Now she's really feeling melancholic.

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?. More or less, supernatural creatures and deities or humans with supernatural abilities fight it out in an alternate universe in "Gift Games," betting their lives and powers. Can't recall any show that reminds me of this one right now. Comes complete with a bunny girl. Off track, but I am still scratching my head at the fact that the character who looks and sounds like Rin Tohsaka (with powers superior to Lelouch vi Britannia to boot) is voiced by a white girl. Swear to Madoka I was listening to Kana Ueda.

mastercheff
01-29-2013, 09:34 PM
If you're wondering about the quirkiness of Sasami, originally TBS needed something to fill in a time slot so naturally SHAFT does what SHAFT does and we got this which explains the....absurdity of it if that's even the word to describe it. The one thing I'm waiting for EVA 3.0 to get properly subbed and whatnot because there is an actual camrip of the entire thing with subtitles. Otherwise it's waiting for the Madoka movies as well, it was a pain into the ass to even attempt to get to it on theater day.

ZERO
01-31-2013, 02:36 AM
You forgot the two most important shows:

Minami-ke Tadaima

AKB0048 next stage

Bane of Soldiers
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
If you're wondering about the quirkiness of Sasami, originally TBS needed something to fill in a time slot so naturally SHAFT does what SHAFT does and we got this which explains the....absurdity of it if that's even the word to describe it. The one thing I'm waiting for EVA 3.0 to get properly subbed and whatnot because there is an actual camrip of the entire thing with subtitles. Otherwise it's waiting for the Madoka movies as well, it was a pain into the ass to even attempt to get to it on theater day.

The ED music for the eva movies give me chills; reminds me that I should rearrange my anime priorities. Also impatiently waiting for Luminous; I need more ClariS songs >: (

You forgot the two most important shows:

Minami-ke Tadaima

AKB0048 next stage

You know I can't make recommendations on shows that I haven't watched ^^;

ZERO
01-31-2013, 11:00 PM
There is the problem why would you spend time watching anything before those 2?

Bane of Soldiers
02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
There is the problem why would you spend time watching anything before those 2?

You make this difficult ;~;

ZERO
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
I got to say the biggest surprise this season is Kotoura-san! I thought this show was going to be run of the mill along with sub par animation and I could not be more wrong. This is now the show I look forward to the most every week!

Bane of Soldiers
02-02-2013, 08:17 PM
I got to say the biggest surprise this season is Kotoura-san! I thought this show was going to be run of the mill along with sub par animation and I could not be more wrong. This is now the show I look forward to the most every week!

All my yes! Some of my friends and I are pestering people everywhere to watch it xD