PDA

View Full Version : Help Fill Server at day start

ZERO
12-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Once it gets going the ns2 server is almost always full. The issue is getting it started. Every single day for the last month I have been starting the server up by being the first player in. I sit in game tabed out with hlsw on my other screen so I can tab back when someone joins. Usually this takes about 10min and once we start a 1v1 the server is usually full by the end of it.

In order for this server to survive though we need to get more people than just me starting it up each day, this is going to be a problem when I am out of town.

So I am asking you all to do what I am doing and or find more/new regulars who are willing to help get the server going at the start of the day.

Rasp
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
around what time are you trying to join up.

ZERO
12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
When ever I wake up lol. Today it was actually full when I got up :wtg:

taz1stP
12-09-2012, 07:30 PM
that was me this time i just got it after reading this tread so i got it and got on and it had 3 people there within 30 secs XD now i cant get in

taz1stP
12-17-2012, 11:31 PM
so it seems that we need to somehow make it so that the new players get split up b/c when we start the server i often get 2-3 new people but they all end up on the same team and then the other team just wipes the floor with the team with the new people on it and evryone quits and ends up making a pain to get up early in the mornings so i was thinking that we put teams random untill we have 6 people so that it helps with the chance of running into team stacking.

ZERO
12-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Remember that mods for this game are in their infancy right now. Also the cause of that is that usually new players all join marines also when people join servers with less players it is usually b/c they want to practice a particular side. Unfortunately many of these players that quit in small games are the sort of people who want a trophy for last place and quit when they do not get one.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-18-2012, 07:02 AM
can i just point out that sv_randomall is CRAP. like, we were having a ton of people bitch about stacking a few nights ago, so i did a few rounds with randomall...yeah. no matter what, it seemed like one team got consistently jacked each time.

JigSaW
12-18-2012, 04:10 PM
randomall random's everyone in the ready room and distributes them evenly among the teams. the teams get uneven because random all was done when say 2 players were on the marine team and 1 was on the aliens.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
randomall random's everyone in the ready room and distributes them evenly among the teams. the teams get uneven because random all was done when say 2 players were on the marine team and 1 was on the aliens.

no, i was real careful to only randomall directly at beginning of round, or when there were even teams. it's just that for some reason, the two teams will end up with more greens on one and not the other.

ZERO
12-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Turns out that life is randomly unfair....

ZERO
12-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Due to an authentication problem I was not able to even join the server today howerver just from trying to connect to it and showing up in the player count the server filled to 10 players within 5min. With all the new players from the steam sales it is not only more impoortant then ever to get the server filled up and get people to fav it but also it is easier than ever to get it started.

maynard
12-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Due to an authentication problem I was not able to even join the server today howerver just from trying to connect to it and showing up in the player count the server filled to 10 players within 5min. With all the new players from the steam sales it is not only more impoortant then ever to get the server filled up and get people to fav it but also it is easier than ever to get it started.

I got 3 days off now... so I will be giving it a whirl

ZERO
01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
So yesterday I went to a football game and thus did not start the server off. This resulted in the server being empty all day! Remember guys you only need to sit in there for a few min before someone joins or grab some people off friends.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
So yesterday I went to a football game and thus did not start the server off. This resulted in the server being empty all day! Remember guys you only need to sit in there for a few min before someone joins or grab some people off friends.

huh, steam was saying youwere in-game for some reason.

ZERO
01-14-2013, 04:34 PM
YEa I got in game late in the afternoon when I got home and no one had joined the server before then.