PDA

View Full Version : Speccing to force auto-switch

CYBER
12-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Ok.
I'm posting this here because I've seen many people do this, and act completely oblivious as if they don't know that INTENTIONALLY GOING INTO SPEC TO FORCE AN AUTO BALANCE IS AN EXPLOIT and is against the rules. PERIOD.

Stop bitching to me that you cannot see THIS specific rule in the rule-set. Use your fucking brain and realize that this falls under "exploiting the server" in the rulebook because you are using the speccing feature to force an unexpected team switch of players, and thereby changing the teams in your favor because you can't fucking play for shit on your own team.

Myself and other players who happen to be on the winning team will not allow you to simply pull this move and FORCE MOVING US to the other team and making us lose our restricted races. This happened twice today alone.
ASK us to switch, we'd be happy to. I always switch.

However, what you are doing is an exploit.
At first I was ok with warning people individually when they were doing it alone so that they don't do it anymore. But lately I've seen people blatantly tell others to mass-spec the server in order to force the auto switch faster.

If we see you doing it, you will get warned or banned for a duration that is suitable for your specific case. I'll leave this for the courtesy of the admin who saw you. Clan can overlook that obviously.
So admins, make sure you report any repeating offenders to ULAs or Clan for documentation if you chose to simply warn, not ban.

THIS is your warning everyone.
Don't act dumb and pretend you don't see how this is an exploit (Yes, I'm referring to a few individuals like that faggot Resolution who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut when an upper admin is issuing a warning to the server.).

Peace.

Rezel
12-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Very Nice Post! +1

Erdenay
12-23-2012, 03:24 AM
This.

CYBER
12-23-2012, 03:43 AM
Very Nice Post! +1
Thank you.
Just trying to do my part when I don't have my admin powers in game :(

-=Toy=-=Québec=-FR
12-23-2012, 03:58 AM
+1 for Cyber ... go on ZM i'll ban ur ass :D j/k

Chikun
12-23-2012, 04:32 AM
+2 for Christmas spirit

CYBER
12-23-2012, 06:00 AM
+2 for Christmas spiritwell, i hate christmas sooo keep the change lol

Squirrel
12-23-2012, 07:45 AM
+69
I win.
But seriously, THANK YOU CYBER.
I lost Vagalion 4 times in one day cause of that fucking shit. >:|

Masskid
12-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Cyber some people will be nice enough to move but most of the time people tend to stack T for literally no reason

maynard
12-23-2012, 10:54 AM
if you see someone blatantly telling others 2 do this exploit... instantly temp ban them... nothing crazy length wise, just get your point across and make an example of them so they and others are aware that this kinda shit will not be tolerated.

CYBER
12-23-2012, 11:27 AM
if you see someone blatantly telling others 2 do this exploit... instantly temp ban them... nothing crazy length wise, just get your point across and make an example of them so they and others are aware that this kinda shit will not be tolerated.roger that. For other admins, if someone questions you about this rule, stop coming to me wondering what to do. Refer them to this post thread when they get punished.

XX0wnsXY
12-23-2012, 12:38 PM
I haven't personally seen anyone do this but I will keep it in mind.

Assassin
12-23-2012, 01:18 PM
roger that. For other admins, if someone questions you about this rule, stop coming to me wondering what to do. Refer them to this post thread when they get punished.
to bad someone doesn't have there admin.....(all neaner neaner neaner style voice)

brett friggin favre
12-23-2012, 01:57 PM
lol it's funny, i swear i remember posting something exactly to this effect about a week ago in another thread but can't seem to find where that gosh darn post went to...

of course i support this wholeheartedly

CYBER
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
lol it's funny, i swear i remember posting something exactly to this effect about a week ago in another thread but can't seem to find where that gosh darn post went to...of course i support this wholeheartedlyi dnt know why i lolled at this.

Spasm
12-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Whoever makes temp bans on this needs to be making sure said user is not taking a smoke break, bathroom break or anything like that. Some people are gone for a min or so and really don't want to leave the server. It makes this rule a lot harder to enforce but I have seen scenarios where this occurs.

CYBER
12-31-2012, 04:22 AM
Whoever makes temp bans on this needs to be making sure said user is not taking a smoke break, bathroom break or anything like that. Some people are gone for a min or so and really don't want to leave the server. It makes this rule a lot harder to enforce but I have seen scenarios where this occurs.
its not hard to:
1- hear someone tell others to do this.
OR
2- notice a few-too-many people going into spec in the same round when the other team is stacked (you hear bitching first...)
And
3- notice that The same people who went spec "Coincidentally" rejoin as soon as the autobalance kicks in... ?

Squirrel
12-31-2012, 04:26 AM
3- notice that The same people who went spec "Coincidentally" rejoin as soon as the autobalance kicks in... ?
I see this happening lots.

Also, can we sticky this thread? >_>

Spasm
12-31-2012, 10:57 AM
This happened with Vanilla Gorilla, last night, Spasm. -__-

Also, can we sticky this thread? >_>

vanilla gorilla is a stoner and he tokes up all the time, it doesn't take but one or two rounds for the auto balance to kick in. besides Ts were not losing big time last night when it occurred. All I am saying is wrongly accusing and banning someone just because they went into spec is wrong.

maynard
12-31-2012, 12:08 PM
All I am saying is wrongly accusing and banning someone just because they went into spec is wrong.

agreed

What
12-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Amen Cybie

Assassin
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
agreed
Yup which is why I told vanilla that he didn't have to worry. It's for the people who blatently do it. I was just trying to warn him that such an offense was bannable if exploited.

What
12-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Yup which is why I told vanilla that he didn't have to worry. It's for the people who blatently do it. I was just trying to warn him that such an offense was bannable if exploited.

Yeah there are a lot of people who bitch that an admin doesn't balance the teams, like its their job to do that, then they go spec and blatanly say they are doing it to balance the teams. There was a claim of admin abuse on HK a little while back for this exact reason, it needed to be explicitly stated that going spec to force balance is against the rules.

maynard
12-31-2012, 02:52 PM
I made a post a while back about how admins are 2 not fuck with the teams. the only time it would be acceptable is if someone on the winning team volunteered to go over 2 the losing team.

going in spec 2 force a balance is the same as an admin just using commands 2 do it... so obviously, don't.

Assassin
12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
I made a post a while back about how admins are 2 not fuck with the teams. the only time it would be acceptable is if someone on the winning team volunteered to go over 2 the losing team.

going in spec 2 force a balance is the same as an admin just using commands 2 do it... so obviously, don't.
And you will know that my name is the law *boom*. Oh I'm sorry did I break your concentration?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhMS70_EYw0

brett friggin favre
01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
how about repeatedly leaving the server to force autoassign, then rejoining and joining the stacked team? would that also qualify under exploitation?

What
01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
how about repeatedly leaving the server to force autoassign, then rejoining and joining the stacked team? would that also qualify under exploitation?

It should be, but with a time limit or when the map changes, like 30 minutes or map change, that allows for rage quits and effectivly nullifies the attempt at exploiting the autobalance system and leaves no grey area for people who can claim they lost connection or something like that.

CYBER
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM

the same thing as speccing to force an auto switch imo.
But like spasm said, there are people who go to spec for a smoke or to pee or smthn.

The same rule of thumb can be applied to the players who rejoin the server: they could either be blatantly switching teams, or reconnectin for the vaga glitch, or went to another server for a moment (mostly admins do that), or went on the phone and didnt want to hold up a res slot... Etc.

bottom line is, use the same judgement u would use in gungame for rejoiners vs the handicap exploit: use ur judgement, ASK THEM WHY THEY REJOINED (cant tell u how many blatantly confess they were changing teams), keep track of people who do this a lot...

The 'my dog ate my homework' generic excuse can only be used soo many times when u do smthn wrong. Demo them, keep track, and ASK/WARN before doing anything. I dont want regulars gettin instantly banned bcos they rejoined after their internet was cutting out...

Also keep an eye out on who joins the stacked team when they rejoined (assuming they had a choice, ie there was an empty slot at losing team too)...These are the people to question

EDIT: if someone bitches with the following "REALLY? you're saying it's an exploit that we are trying to UNSTACK the team? You're siding WITH the stacking?" just tell them that Zero said he's working on a wcs-oriented team balance idea that will solve the stacking problem (or so he claims), and that we are enforcing this rule because there WILL be a non-exploited solution against stacking.

He said it should be ready in january, they just need to have patience and faith, and get used to never doing this exploit ever again.

brett friggin favre
01-03-2013, 12:32 AM
then heads up, mr. squirrely was on the other day, saying multiple times that he was gonna disconnect "until the teams unstack". he did it, came back and left a few times, but i wanted a definite ruling before doing anything.

maynard
01-03-2013, 12:59 AM

that it would.

Peppers
04-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Auto balance doesn't even work. Puts the shittiest player from the winning team onto the losing team. Can somebody not figure out how to make it work?

Nemesis
04-16-2013, 12:32 AM
This is not the right place for this. Post it in the server thread you are talking about. And try to at least provide a few more details because I can tell you right now this is annoying an no one will look into it for such a shitty thread.