PDA

View Full Version : Need new anime Ideas

Omegxkid
12-26-2012, 01:01 PM
So I have a really big anime collection over 170 total DvD in all, I really need something that is not a cult classic or main stream i have all of them, maybe something haruma ish kinda like Love hina or green-green, but plz no hinti :D

Kiechi
12-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Perfect blue?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-26-2012, 02:08 PM
i'd need to see an actual list to know for sure...

ZERO
12-26-2012, 02:49 PM
List and indicate what you liked the most and I can suggest plenty you have not watched yet.

Bane of Soldiers
12-26-2012, 04:53 PM
maybe something haruma ish kinda like Love hina or green-green, but plz no hinti :D

I'm guessing that you want suggestions for harem shows?

There are plenty of those to go around, but first, some questions. Your collection... how old is it? Love Hina and Green Green are pretty old... I haven't watched them, but some of the shows today step it up. There isn't hentai, but some viewers are not comfortable with scenes where plants restrain the heroines, which is popular in shows with magic themes. Not every show has it, and most of the time studios are careful to only have them in passive/comedic scenes. All the same, some people will take it seriously. I kinda do, but only a couple of scenes have ever crossed my line of "harmlessly inconveniencing the characters." You can't take a scene like that seriously in To Love Ru, but it was a big deal for me in Sword Art Online. To the point that I was dissatisfied with the episode.

Many suggestions are dependent on whether you are comfortable with areolas exposed. Lots of shows feature heavy/convenient censoring of the body, but many popular shows will only censor the lower body. Many suggestions also depend on what era of animation you want to try. Some hipster people really dislike post-2005 anime; maybe because a lot of harem shows have been produced since.

I have not watched Shuffle!, Ichigo 100%, or Mahou Sensei Negima!, but these shows often come to mind when one says Love Hina and Green Green

ZERO
12-27-2012, 11:40 AM
These are some old style and new age Harem series not to be confused with shows that happen to have a Harem. Harem is the driving force of the plot to some degree in all of these or some other plot device where the attraction of virtually all female characters toward the male lead is key to the story. This is not to be confused with harem usage in other genra such as Index or SOA where while present harem is not a key part of the plot but is used to support and build the value of the main character. I will however list some that fall under the dating sim category in witch the lead character has multiple characters to select between.

Maburaho
Nagasarete Airantou
Highschool DxD
Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku
yosuga-no-sora (warning extreme content)
Highschool of the Dead
Amagami SS
MM!
Infinite Stratos
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Lotte no Omocha!
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Hidan no Aria
Ben-To
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Maken-ki!
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Campione! (despite new it has a more c;lassic feel to it (not to say it is like amazing like a classic))
Seitokai no Ichizon
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!

StarsMine
12-27-2012, 12:37 PM
yea have some sort of list we can see what you have?

Bane of Soldiers
12-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Maburaho
Nagasarete Airantou
Highschool DxD
Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku
yosuga-no-sora (warning extreme content)
Highschool of the Dead
Amagami SS
MM!
Infinite Stratos
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Lotte no Omocha!
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Hidan no Aria
Ben-To
Maken-ki!
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Campione! (despite new it has a more c;lassic feel to it (not to say it is like amazing like a classic))
Seitokai no Ichizon
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!

Lotte no Omocha! never struck me harem-ish, although I knew it was categorized as such o.O

Others I would add on the list:

Asobi ni Iku yo!
Kampfer
Kore wa Zombie desu ka?
Rosario to Vampire
Sora no Otoshimono
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne
To Love-Ru

These shows have an atmosphere that only exists in harems.

ZERO
12-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Very good, I just did a fast list off my head. Other than Asobi ni Iku yo!, Rosario to Vampire, Sora no Otoshimono and To Love-Ru I have seen everything listed in this thread so far.

Nikolic
12-29-2012, 04:16 AM
i would say that the any new character in green green colour would be a perfect one......

CYBER
12-29-2012, 06:00 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3sdkck.jpg
I was personally only obsessed with the Yu-Gi-Oh mangas and anime.
Original > 5ds >>> Gx >> Zexal >>>>>>>> (R)ound

Nikolic
01-01-2013, 05:49 AM
yes i also agree a character in green and yellow color combination would be a good combination to get introduced here........

Nikolic
01-05-2013, 02:17 AM
however these qare also the good characters from these one could be selected
Ben-To
Maken-ki!