PDA

View Full Version : Weblines while planting the bomb

brett friggin favre
01-04-2013, 03:17 PM
using weblines as spider man while planting the bomb allows you to plant while zipping all around the bombsite. i feel like this should fall under exploitation as the game doesn't intend for you to be able to move around while planting the bomb. thoughts?

thecat
01-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Wow, I never saw that but it looks bad.
Zero will have to patch it, and yes it is a exploit.

brett friggin favre
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Wow, I never saw that but it looks bad.
Zero will have to patch it, and yes it is a exploit.

i'm asking for the opinions of the rulemakers...not you.

ya know. people who matter.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
i'm asking for the opinions of the rulemakers...not you.

ya know. people who matter.

beat me to it.

Nemesis
01-04-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm surprised it's taken this long to happen. Can you also defuse the bomb in the same fashion? Also, is there a radius that this works in or could you literally start the plant and rope back to spawn and it still works?

maynard
01-04-2013, 05:49 PM
is there a radius that this works in or could you literally start the plant and rope back to spawn and it still works?

this.

brett friggin favre
01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm surprised it's taken this long to happen. Can you also defuse the bomb in the same fashion? Also, is there a radius that this works in or could you literally start the plant and rope back to spawn and it still works?

havent seen defusing but i guess if you stay in range of the bomb it should work. and as far as planting goes, you need to stay on the ground and in site.

maynard
01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
id need 2 see a demo of this as some races do have a slight advantages when defusing/planting and it's allowed.

my PC is delayed till weds though, so I can't make a ruling till then. if you have 2 stay on the ground and in range of the bomb, it shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you cant like glitch it some how and basically piss off 2 the other side of the map while still planting or defusing.

brett friggin favre
01-04-2013, 06:04 PM
tick 3400, britney (not calling her out, just using it as an example)

molecule has an advantage as well while planting and defusing, but that's different from this because it's just a simple shield, it doesn't bend the game's shortcomings in any way, whereas clearly you're not meant to be able to move around while planting the bomb, and spidey circumvents that.

Assassin
01-04-2013, 06:40 PM
What I'm confused on is if you are still in range of where it is supposed to be planted (and I've seen this with planting on vaga's and such too but never on a difuse) then it really shouldn't matter. Your in X circle and it's still planted in x circle. If however you leave x circle then obv exploit is obv.

CYBER
01-04-2013, 08:44 PM
What I'm confused on is if you are still in range of where it is supposed to be planted (and I've seen this with planting on vaga's and such too but never on a difuse) then it really shouldn't matter. Your in X circle and it's still planted in x circle. If however you leave x circle then obv exploit is obv.

im gonna go test it out in the test server for planting.
gonna probably call brett in so he can plant it while i try to glitch defuse it.

brett friggin favre
01-04-2013, 08:55 PM
I'll be on later tonight cyber.

and the issue as you can see in the demo is that it turns a sitting duck into something that's a bitch to kill by bending the game mechanics

brett friggin favre
01-06-2013, 02:10 AM
intentional double post, you can defuse while zipping around, but you must stay in range of the bomb and it must be in your vision.

it's extremely annoying when trying to kill the planter though, they have the whole site to zip around in

Assassin
01-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Then obviously this needs to be a bannable offense.

Vladninja
01-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Then obviously this needs to be a bannable offense.
Honestly I will leave the final say to Zero or Maynatd on this one...
because I trust them most when it comes to WCS.
So far from what has been said though if you have to remain in the same area as everyone else...
it isn't an issue.
Use a shot gun or a P90... instead of burst shots... spray and pray and take down the target.

brett friggin favre
01-06-2013, 03:35 AM
because I trust them most when it comes to WCS.
So far from what has been said though if you have to remain in the same area as everyone else...
it isn't an issue.
Use a shot gun or a P90... instead of burst shots... spray and pray and take down the target.

problem is that when you combine this movement with spidey's evasion, it's a bit easier said than done.they can also zip behind boxes and stuff to break your line of sight.

maynard
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
from what I'm hearing. this wont be restricted... it's simply the race using it's abilities 2 the best of it's advantage... same as how a molecule can plant or defuse for the majority of a plant or defuse with their shield up...

if the spiderman has 2 be keeping it's vision on it... it can't really "zip around" other than small spurts... and bomb site areas are generally quite small... if anything, molecule sounds like it's less legit and more annoying with what it can do... and we allow that....

once again, this is based on just what I'm hearing. will check on weds when I get my PC and make a ruling.

you been huffing paint again?

Wolfenstinger
01-20-2013, 03:12 AM
I do exact same thing when I plant with Vagalion. You can plant and teleport around AS LONG AS YOU ARE TOUCHING THE GROUND and holding fire with bomb on the site. It's more or less utilizing our abilities and ripping game mechanics apart to avoid a guy walking in with his fancy shmancy lace.

Just wanted to say - it's pretty much same thing with spider-man in that situation just he is visible where a vaga is not.

Vladninja
01-20-2013, 05:03 PM
you been huffing paint again?
Nope thats what you get when you type on your phone after a few drinks... :smirk: