PDA

View Full Version : Should Tomes Reflect True Cost

ZERO
01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
I now can make the tomes actually charge the correct value to start with so that instead of taking 3500 and then giving you 2500 back it will just take 1000 as originally intended. Note that this will logically only effect when you are able to buy the cheaper tomes as you will be able to get them at 1000 instead of waiting for 3500. When your above level 5 you will still as always need to buy 3 3500 tomes before being able to buy the 1000 tomes.

CYBER
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
I now can make the tomes actually charge the correct value to start with so that instead of taking 3500 and then giving you 2500 back it will just take 1000 as originally intended. Note that this will logically only effect when you are able to buy the cheaper tomes as you will be able to get them at 1000 instead of waiting for 3500. When your above level 5 you will still as always need to buy 3 3500 tomes before being able to buy the 1000 tomes.

might as well do it...
many of us sometimes buy 3+ tomes before the last round kicks in...
And then the round ends when you have some BS shit like 3499$ only (dramatic effect number arbitrary chosen)... disallowing u from buying the last 2 tomes before the game ends, because of a couple missing bucks (DAMN YOU BLOODMAGES)... And because the money doesn't carry over to a a money-to-tome-bank system, it feels like a huge loss...

then again, balancing the teams with a !scramble option should be on the priority list because that's the most demanded feature requested by the players, admins, ulas and (hopefully) clam members.

Yes, i know i accidentally typed clam members... too funny to fix.

ZERO
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
OK I will now be rolling that change into the balance update b/c the same method is able to handle that as well. :wtg:

ZERO
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
This might be delayed b/c it is actually a lot more complex to implement than I thought b/c of the way the data is transmitted. Instead I am rolling out some bugfixes for shop menu items that for some reason appear to have been lost.

Assassin
01-07-2013, 01:59 PM
This might be delayed b/c it is actually a lot more complex to implement than I thought b/c of the way the data is transmitted. Instead I am rolling out some bugfixes for shop menu items that for some reason appear to have been lost.
Can't wait.

thecat
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Neither can I.
Zero can you please change the "Today's" poll please.

ZERO
01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
I now have the needed code to start working on this and so I will be releasing a beta version within the next day or so.

ZERO
01-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Tomes now reflect true cost, I have tested and everything works naturally now. The tomes you can get when all work exactly as before except now you will be charged 1000$ when you should instead of being refunded $2500. Also when you have maxed your tomes you will get a message saying you can not buy more when you try and in the shopmenu it will be blanked out and indicated as purchaced just like other items that you have already bought.

I have bug tested extensivly but please be sure to check out that everything is working ok and report any bugs. I will give 48 hours for bug testing on this one b/c I do not want to release anything too fast that could mess up xp!

If the item will cost $1000 it will say so in the shopmenu directly.

ZERO
01-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Oh I want to point out that the code I learned to make this work will also allow the kakashi race to work as originally imagined so that you will actually be able to use your opponents abilities against them as executed directly from within those races as if kakashi was actually that race! The ability to actually have the famous copy ninja abilities will be amazing in the future!

maynard
01-10-2013, 04:51 AM
sounds promising.