PDA

View Full Version : Ghettobox 360

brett friggin favre
01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
i bought an xbox 360 3 years ago for christmas. it had red ringed and was fixed by an amateur. i figured it'd last a year or so. it red ringed on me 5 other times, the last time was 6 months ago, and i wasn't able to resurrect it. over winter break i decided i was going to make it work again. i blasted it with a hair dryer for about 5 minutes and whaddya know, it worked again. til it ran for about 5 minutes and overheated. 5 minutes more under the hair dryer...works again. overheated again. so i attached an old cpu fan to the top of the gpu heatsink running via AC power (wire going into the front of the ghettobox in the pic), but it would still heat up and flex the motherboard enough to break the contact between the gpu and motherboard. so i removed a washer from between the gpu and mobo (from the x-clamp fix i did way back in the day), and had to tweak the screw tightness so it wouldn't red ring saying it was too tight. finally, since the dvd drive sits on top of the gpu heatsink and there was a fan on top of it now, i had to relocate it. drilled holes in the case, ran cables through the holes and sit the drive on top of the case itself. so now it works perfectly as it did when i bought it. except that the dvd drive takes about 10 tries to read a disc enough to be able to recognize it to play it off the hdd.

also i figured it's ghetto enough to kinda go all out, so i gave it a cheesy ass art job with sharpies. i'm a golden god.

StarsMine
01-15-2013, 06:12 PM
my god thats good
at least the 360 is easy as fuck to mod. :lmao:

Still want to take a slim and make it a laptop, just use ben hecks plans and send them over to a C&C machine somewhere.

Chikun
01-15-2013, 06:21 PM
This is brilliant. A true testament to the flawless engineering design of the 360.

brett friggin favre
01-15-2013, 06:25 PM
This is brilliant. A true testament to the flawless engineering design of the 360.

amen to that brotha. :lmao:

Carmichal
01-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Don't let him fool you his dog drew the flames.

That's just too ghetto. It puts Detroit to shame.

Well if it works why not.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/p/437113/2188145.aspx#2188145

Erdenay
01-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Even with all of the problems, it still shows that creativity and engineering are not dead. Yet.