PDA

View Full Version : WCS Item Section

ZERO
01-23-2013, 03:10 PM
As my program skills have improved and we are moving along very nicely towards having everything back the way it was I think it is time to have a section for tracking item updates so that I can start to release some of the items we are missing. A long time ago I added some important ones but there is a large number we still do not have. Some are no longer possible due to OB update but most of them are.

CYBER
01-23-2013, 04:04 PM
As my program skills have improved and we are moving along very nicely towards having everything back the way it was I think it is time to have a section for tracking item updates so that I can start to release some of the items we are missing. A long time ago I added some important ones but there is a large number we still do not have. Some are no longer possible due to OB update but most of them are.

I would kill for an item that gives you 15-25% evade of shots. I'd pay 4k for it easy.
Bring back amulet of the cat!
There really needs to be a 2000$ item that basically turns off ANY flames on you for 10 seconds. That applies on whether you got Bloodmage'd, flamepred'd or beast'd. Similarly to anti_wards, if u got burned or was about to be burned, it blocks that burning for 10 secs. If you are already on fire, it just saves u from flames for the remaining 10 secs. again, like anti_wards, but more expensive.

I wonder if there's an item that acts similarly (slightly stronger) to shadow hunter's hex, in a way that it would block some nebula dmg procs, or jack clubs or vagalion blades for a small duration.
Say u buy it for 2.5k and lasts only for 10 secs after initial proc.
In other words, once it blocks an ability (for example , first time u're targeted by jack's clubs or vagalion's blade procs on u), it will only last for 15 seconds before you'd have to buy it again. (similar to anti_wards... let's call it anti_skill)... I'd love to see a human bash me then, or a BM banish me or a motherfucking panorama flip my screen upside down :smirk:

Dj panda
01-23-2013, 05:02 PM
well i was gonna make this thread thought u wanted me to make it lol. :P

Bring back the long jump item so that it would balance out jacks bhop skills :P

acolyte_to_jippity
01-23-2013, 06:21 PM
absolutely no dodge/evade chance item.

the levels of evade in-server at is already bullshit.

Assassin
01-23-2013, 07:15 PM

the levels of evade in-server at is already bullshit.

This and I love cats ammy...but do not allow stealth units to get it...human, flame pred...etc. Flame preds are alrdy to much of a pain to pinpoint down...not hearing footsteps would be atrocious.

What
01-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Really, just the amulet of the cat, that thing was so damn useful. Otherwise I like the item selection we have now, don't want to add too many which mimic the abilities of other races since that would just encourage even more race whoreing.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Really, just the amulet of the cat, that thing was so damn useful. Otherwise I like the item selection we have now, don't want to add too many which mimic the abilities of other races since that would just encourage even more race whoreing.

amulet of the cat was 100% useless on old server. it masked your footsteps...by slowing you down to walking speed. -_-'

ZERO
01-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Until I found a way to fix it... :smirk:

Dj panda
01-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Remember we have a more advanced way of dealing with things now than we did on the old server.

ZERO
01-24-2013, 12:13 AM

...it is on the test server right now just type cat, the price is $100 for testing. Oh you will need two people to test b/c your client side prediction will still cause you to hear footsteps but no one else will; also jump will be messed up a little bit. Yea that is right, got this shit working...

Dj panda
01-24-2013, 12:24 AM
want me to hop on and test it with you zero?

Erdenay
01-24-2013, 12:55 AM
The item that would allow any race to b-hop is a horrible idea. No offence, but a nebula/flame pred bunny hopping as a jack? Thanks, but no thanks.

maynard
01-24-2013, 12:56 AM

this^

as always, cybers confused.

ZERO
01-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Note that we now have the ability to make things work how we want them to. With more complex limits as to when you can get items and even the ability to stack them. We can also now apply correct stacking for items that effect things like speed so that we could allow speed races to get them like in the past. (currently we restrect these items b/c they will acutally make you slower)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Note that we now have the ability to make things work how we want them to. With more complex limits as to when you can get items and even the ability to stack them. We can also now apply correct stacking for items that effect things like speed so that we could allow speed races to get them like in the past. (currently we restrect these items b/c they will acutally make you slower)

i stand by what i said.

absolutely no evade/dodge chance items UNLESS...unless, you change dodge/evade to give you a chance for reduced damage. as it is it's bullshit that you can put an entire clip INTO a spiderman or molecule, and only actually connect with 3 of those 25 bullets.

maynard
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
being able 2 put evade dodge on any race unbalances and changes the game far 2 drastically. Race abilities should be unique 2 races for the most part... not something you can just purchase on any race.

brett friggin favre
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
being able 2 put evade dodge on any race unbalances and changes the game far 2 drastically. Race abilities should be unique 2 races for the most part... not something you can just purchase on any race.

:ditto:

maynard
01-26-2013, 02:24 PM
the point is not completely changing how we've always strived for WCS 2 run... which is something you would not understand.

If we start making damn near all the abilities purchasable, it throws out the balance and what we've worked on for many years out the window.

not saying this single item would infact do that, but it could very well be the first step in a bad direction, and putting evade on any race is not a good idea.

Chikun
01-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Start with what races could have it that wouldn't make it unbalanced and restrict it for the others.

Or just not have it and avoid the headache.