PDA

View Full Version : Items That should make a comeback

ZERO
01-25-2013, 05:30 PM
I miss all the old items and the complexity they added to the game and below is a list of ones that I think should come back. Let me know what you think:

Lightning Flash
(+50%,Flash-Effect)

#Limit 1
#Price 2500
"level" "15"
flashup

Fireball
(+8,Dmg)(range)
#Limit 1
#Price 4000
"level" "30"
fireball

Flamethrower
(30%,3sec-Burn)

#Limit 1
#Price 5000
"level" "30"
flamethrower

Mole Protectant
(get no damage from mole'd enemies, goes away when you shoot at them)

#Limit 1
#Price 1000
"level" "0"
moleprot

Heavy Boots of Armor

(-30% speed, +50H/+100A)
#Limit 1
#Price 1600
"level" "0"
heavyboots

Helm of Clear View
(-50%,Flash-Effect)
#Limit 1
#Price 2000
"level" "12"
helmview

Helm of Protection
(-5,Dmg)

#Limit 1
#Price 3000
"level" "5"
helmp

Secondary Weapon Enhancer
(+20 clip)
#Limit 1
#Price 400
"level" "0"

secweapon

Dust of appearance
(uncloaks enemies/disguiser!)

#Limit 1
#Price 1500
"level" "0"
dust

Longjump
(wide range jumps/bunny jump)

#Limit 1
#Price 10000
"level" "0"
longjump

Ring of Armor
(+120A)
#Limit 2
#Price 1200
"level" "0"
ringarm120

Death book of XP
(20 additional XP for each kill)
#Limit 2
#Price 3000
"level" "0"
morexp

Book of XP
(75 XP, +30 XP for every round)
#Limit 1
#Price 5000
"level" "8"
bookofxp

Book of Cannibalism
(10-20HP for each killed enemy)
#Limit 1
#Price 4000
"level" "0"
cannibalism

Disguiser
(Enemy-Model) (1 round)

#Limit 1
#Price 2000
"level" "0"
disguiser

Life Preserver
(+50H/100A) (used on buy)

#Limit 1
#Price 3500
"level" "2"
lifepres

Tome of Health
(+100H) (used on buy)

#Limit 1
#Price 5900
"level" "0"
tomehp100

Assassin
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM
I miss all the old items and the complexity they added to the game and below is a list of ones that I think should come back. Let me know what you think:

[/INDENT]
Helm of Protection
(-5,Dmg)

#Limit 1
#Price 3000
"level" "5"
helmp
What does this even do?

Longjump
(wide range jumps/bunny jump)

#Limit 1
#Price 10000
"level" "0"
longjump

No.

Ring of Armor
(+120A)
#Limit 2
#Price 1200
"level" "0"
ringarm120

To much for such a little cost. Should be limit one.

Life Preserver
(+50H/100A) (used on buy)

#Limit 1
#Price 3500
"level" "2"
lifepres

Isn't this already like the one +50 hp thing we have? just better?

Tome of Health
(+100H) (used on buy)

#Limit 1
#Price 5900
"level" "0"
tomehp100

Same here?

Read those.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Read those.

the last 2 are different from the periapt.

periapt gives 50 hp flat.

preserver gives 50 hp + 100 armor. tome of health gives 100 health.

Assassin
01-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Well right I guess as long as the items can't stack (or have a 200 hp cap like normal) and the cost is relevant. I'm goods. Was just wondering as I'd never seen em before.

Masskid
01-25-2013, 07:33 PM
the last 2 are different from the periapt.

periapt gives 50 hp flat.

preserver gives 50 hp + 100 armor. tome of health gives 100 health.

the difference is that the periapt will renew every round but the Preserver + tome of health is 1 buy then it goes away till you buy it again, just like how the Anti_ward works after it is used

Erdenay
01-25-2013, 07:41 PM
NO to long jump. Mole protectant seems useless.

brett friggin favre
01-25-2013, 07:47 PM
i like lightning flash, flamethrower, mole protectant, clear view, secondary weapon enhancer, long jump, death book, book of cannibalism, maybe life preserver.

reason i dont like the other health and boots...humans with 200hp are already tough enough to kill. 250? 300? fuck no.

ZERO
01-25-2013, 07:52 PM
You do all remember that items can be restrected on a race by race basis....

brett friggin favre
01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
You do all remember that items can be restrected on a race by race basis....

yes, still i think 100+ hp is a bit too big a bonus to get from items. especially when combined with helm of excellence, mask of death...periapt is fine, the effect of extra armor is pretty meh if you ask me, and i'm a fan of keeping it simple.

Blackmage
01-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Fairly sure the "use on buy" means "one time use". Mainly as Life Preserver and Periapt of Health cost exactly the same.

Also, +1 on:
Helm of Clear View
Mole Protectant
Disguiser
All the books
Dust of appearance

The rest I've no real opinion on.

Masskid
01-25-2013, 08:49 PM
I love all the items, we just have to work on restrictions imo

SCRIBBLE
01-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Yes to all. Finally, the original item list. Longjump and extended clip (secondary weapon enhancer)...mmm yes.

What
01-26-2013, 09:38 PM
I love all the items, we just have to work on restrictions imo

Yeah, as long as restrictions and prices are set well, not an issue. The one time use items for a bunch of hp are good cause there pricy and obviously are best when situationally used. The more diversity the better since this should help to develop new stragies other than human with peripat, lace, helm.

XX0wnsXY
01-26-2013, 11:27 PM
yes to all. bring the pizzaz!

Spasm
01-27-2013, 06:29 PM
yes to all. bring the pizzaz!
Thanks owns, I was reading your post and pizzaz looked way too much like pizza, now I am hungry. :(

i2o4
03-16-2013, 10:38 PM
I've been registered on the forum for a while but never posted until today. Pardon the late and lengthy post!

Lightning Flash
2500 (+50% flash effect)
The price is far too high. If two flashbangs were thrown at enemies in one life, that would raise the cost for each flashbang from 200 to 1450 for only a 50% increase in effect. Should be priced no higher than 1000 and restricted on hell hunter (and perhaps human/beast).

Mole Protectant
1000 (take no damage from moles, goes away when you shoot them)
I don't see a realistic need for this item at the moment, although it was certainly useful back in the day when mole was instantaneous (at least on another server). A better mole protectant would be one that would prevent any enemy players from moling within a certain radius, or one that would make them mole with their true model.

Heavy Boots of Armor
1600 (-30% speed, +50H/+100A)
Price is too low. Should also be restricted on teleporting races. Imagine humans on assault camping the warehouse--the loss of mobility would be a minor inconvenience, and for an additional $600 over buying armor+helmet, they would get the equivalent benefit of a free periapt of health in addition to round-renewable armor (perhaps saving $325-650 per round).

Flamethrower
5000 (30%, 3-sec burn)
I would love to see a flame-retardant item that would protect from flame predator, blood mage, and beast's burn abilities, as well as perhaps flamethrower and fireball.

Helm of Clear View
2000 (-50% flash effect)
Price is too high. The only instance in which I would even consider purchasing this item at any price is on T-side cs_crackhouse when CT humans/beasts/hell-hunters are throwing flashes into the hostage rooms and teleporting in. But if the item were to be implemented, I think it should be restricted on molecule and nebula,two races against which flashbangs can be particularly effective.

What about a clear-view item that would protect from panorama's flip view, shadow of the void's vision of the void, blood mage's banish, etc? That would be extremely worthwhile, even if it would not protect one's view from being affected by fire.

Helm of Protection
3000 (-5 dmg/hit)
I would like to see a similar item that reduces or negates extra damage done by abilities such as jack's spades and nebula's maser/messier.

400 (+20/clip)
The price is too low. A deagle would be an extremely cheap and powerful weapon in the hands of a raiden/nebula with this item. Not to mention it would disrupt the inherent pricing balance of guns in CSS, as a $1050 semi-automatic deagle would render guns like the $1700 UMP irrelevant.

Dust of Appearance
1500 (uncloaks enemies/disguiser)
This would be a wonderful item, and would go a long way towards neutralizing crows and nebulas and muting the constant whining about vagas.

Long Jump
10000 (wide range jumps/bunny jump)
The jump should be kept on par with succubus hunter's LJ and the price should be lower. If the jump ability was any better than succubus hunter's, too many races would become overpowered, e.g. shadow hunter, nebula, molecule, human, flame pred. (Even athena/genocide could become overpowered, as the ability to cover so much ground in a short amount of time could dramatically increase the effective distance between retreat point and engagement point and practically nullify the cool-down time for ultimates. And it could cost as little as 2500 on a losing team. Imagine being in the house in Italy, trying to snub out a CT genocide that "respawning" inside the apartment and making his way into the house within the ~8-sec? period. Or in the projector room in office when the geno is coming from the garage. It'd be like trying to blow out a self-reigniting candle from 10 feet away.)

Death book of XP
3000 (+20 XP/kill)
At 20 XP/kill with a price nearly on par with a 100XP tome, you'd have to average roughly 5 kills per death or higher in order for this to be worthwhile over buying a tome. And that's not to mention the drawback of having an item slot taken up. The price should be lower or the XP bonus should be increased, perhaps to 50XP. This is assuming that the price will not be affected by the auto-balance pricing.

Book of Cannibalism
4000 (+10-20 HP/kill)
Should be at least 15HP. 10HP is too low, unless the HP would carry over rounds.

Disguiser
2000 (enemy model, 1 round)
Price is far too low. And I fear this item could be too powerful at any price.

Tome of Health
5900 (+100 HP, used on buy)
The 3500 periapt of health is currently among the most popular items. Many players would pay a premium to stack a second one without even taking up another item slot--at 100HP, it should be priced at $7000 at minimum.
Also, it should be restricted on:
-races that spawn with extra HP (e.g. human, flame predator, hell's demon)
-races that heal or leech HP in-round if the item can be "recharged" by abilities (chameleon, shadow hunter, hell's demon, crypt lord, santa, undead, jack)
-races with evade (because evade has an effect similar to randomly increasing a player's HP--a spider-man with 200 HP might require 300 dmg to kill)
-magician (only crow, if possible to code)
-Spasm (enough said)
-and it should not be stackable with the helm of protection (200 HP + 5 dmg/hit-protection might require 20 hits to the torso from an mp5, which would be an entire clip at 66% accuracy) or any other HP-giving/regenerating items.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

yes, still i think 100+ hp is a bit too big a bonus to get from items. especially when combined with helm of excellence, mask of death...periapt is fine, the effect of extra armor is pretty meh if you ask me, and i'm a fan of keeping it simple.

Additional armor can be quite handy in some cases, especially against races that can deplete armor (crypt lord, hell hunter) or on races that can take a lot of damage (whether spawning with 200-250HP or healing/leeching). For example, I often counter crypt lord by going shadow hunter to heal, but I don't get armor back--have to rebuy or do without after taking more than a few hits.

But I agree on 100 HP being too big a bonus, unless restricted with many races and other items.