PDA

View Full Version : Dump WCS info to console?

CYBER
01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Hey Zero,
I was wondering if you could shed some light on the following.
Sometimes we'd be watching a suspect, and we're at a point in game where we cannot properly deduce hacks because of the presence/absence of wcs items/race.

Ex: A jack runs around a corner, tries to use it's ultimate, there's a vaga with a lace behind the door, so he cannot change weaps. Now he deduced there's a vaga there... In some VERY specific cases, in the eyes of the viewer, unless u ask the player and his victim vaga if the vaga had a lace, u cant tell if it was wall-hacky or esp or simply a good usage of the lace feedback..

Ex2: A guy has speedhacks running at low intensity, just to give him that +10 point increase in velocity. Sometimes we'd have to watch countless of minutes of demos just to see what race the fucker was, if he was a speed race or undead or smthn.
etc.

Ex3: A player starts bhopping insanely well. You watch the demo and u cannot tell if he was a spiderman (who never zip-lined ), etc, or a scripter.

There are many scenarios i've personally seen where i just wanted to know what races the target/victim were, and what item they were holding.

Is there ANY WAY that you fuck around with the system so that it dumps a tiny summary of every player's "playerinfo" (which also shows their held items) into console every 20-30 seconds or so for offline viewing?
Is that possible? Or would that be hard to do?

Thanks.

ZERO
01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Yes I can create a new log system that reports only to the source tv bot just like the automated status dumps.

When A player spawns it will list their race and items. It will list when they gain and lose an item as well.

Examples:

OnRaceChanged:
****************RaceChanged********************
Name SteamID Race: RaceShortName Items: ItemsShortNames,

OnWar3EventSpawn:
Name SteamID Race: RaceShortName Items: ItemsShortNames,

OnItemPurchase:
Name SteamID NewItem: ItemShortName

OnItemLost:
Name SteamID LostItem: ItemShortName

The ***** before it can be used to quickly locate a listing in the logs and to separate out multiple listings that occur during round start. Note that the OnItemLost and OnItemPurchase are for each instance and so OnItemLost will run for every item they lost on death individually for example. There is no reason to track race other than at spawn or race changed.

CYBER
01-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Yes I can create a new log system that reports only to the source tv bot just like the automated status dumps.When A player spawns it will list their race and items. It will list when they gain and lose an item as well. Examples:OnRaceChanged:****************RaceChanged ********************Name SteamID Race: RaceShortName Items: ItemsShortNames,OnWar3EventSpawn:***************** ******************************Name SteamID Race: RaceShortName Items: ItemsShortNames,OnItemPurchase:******************* ****************************Name SteamID NewItem: ItemShortNameOnItemLost:************************** *********************Name SteamID LostItem: ItemShortNameThe ***** before it can be used to quickly locate a listing in the logs and to separate out multiple listings that occur during round start. Note that the OnItemLost and OnItemPurchase are for each instance and so OnItemLost will run for every item they lost on death individually for example. There is no reason to track race other than at spawn or race changed.

fuck yeah!! U rock zero.

Naturally by 'spawn' u dnt just mean at start of round, but also when someone spawns late in game like a late joiner or someone who switched races/items mid game?

By the way zero, this would actually help us track bugs better since we can just supply u with a demo of a race/item glitching like anti_wards or gloves and u can simply see the chain of events without us bashing our heads trying to remember what happened and recreate it:)

ZERO
01-31-2013, 05:04 PM
It is done plugin is now live.

I have also made it so that when you buy tomes it does not record anything to prevent log spam.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

It will likely not help track item bugs as it will only indicate what 3 items you have (first 3 it finds). However, it does say when you gain and lose an item regardless of how many you have. For items used on buy you will get a item lost before item gained. that is just how it works so tough shit.

CYBER
01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
that is just how it works so tough shit.

I LOL'D.
"Does it work?"
-yes.
"Does work efficiently?"
-yes.
"does it work the way it was supposed to?"
-yeah, about that... That's just how it works, so tough shit!

That's programming for ya.
I'm a software engineer Zero, I can relate to your misery sometimes.

ZERO
01-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Well what it is, is that the code runs so fast it can trigger the lost item before the gained if it gains and loses it at the same time. :smirk:

Assassin
01-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Well what it is, is that the code runs so fast it can trigger the lost item before the gained if it gains and loses it at the same time. :smirk:

You could just put a validation code tibit in there ...not that I think it's worth the time..just saying you could.

ZERO
01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
No this is part of the engine, not something I controll directly.

Locust
01-31-2013, 07:11 PM
Zero you're an amazing! Also as another SE I can feel the pain of code that just likes to do what it likes

Assassin
01-31-2013, 08:01 PM
No this is part of the engine, not something I controll directly.

Ahh fair enough. A bit harder to recode then ^^

CYBER
03-02-2013, 11:10 PM
@zero asked me to post this in this thread to remind him.

Zero can u please ALSO dump into the sourcetv logs the following?
- Current level of the race played
- Player total levels at the time of demo?
- IBIS server current time once a round. I wish you find a way to not only dump it in ALL server logs, but also in console overall as a chat or smthn so that people who record personal demos would record the time of that demo too so we can find the sourcetv of it when their demo is not enough , or without sb_Status :)

This would help us identify newcomers suspected of hacking/bypass especially if they shouldn't be super effective in wcs right of the bat (in general), or people who are playing new races that hasn't been fully maxxed yet. (a case where possible bhop scripts were involved brought this to my attention)

thank u