PDA

View Full Version : Console errors

XX0wnsXY
02-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Too many simultaneously active particles!
Particles: maximum verts exceeded: 50040 verts, 74574 indexes

This is happening in everyone's console in GG. Map selection aside.

jwtemp
02-06-2013, 12:13 PM
I was playing last night and some nard was like 'WHY ARE YOU IN THE CONSOLE JUST PLAY THE GAME.'

:headache:

ZERO
02-06-2013, 02:03 PM
It is a new feture as a result of the update, THANKS VALVE!

jwtemp
02-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Aww. So now I can't tell when Panda TKs me trying to steal my kills??? Blasphemy!

CYBER
02-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Too many simultaneously active particles!
Particles: maximum verts exceeded: 50040 verts, 74574 indexes

This is happening in everyone's console in GG. Map selection aside.

OMFG I KEEP GETTING THIS TOO...
i thought it was just me at first... i even went and deleted all my models and skins trying to fix it... in vain...

the first time i noticed this was on the PARKHOUSE map. and it carried over since then.
thoughts?

BladeTwinSwords
02-07-2013, 05:56 PM
It seems to go off when the bodies start to disappear.

XX0wnsXY
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
It seems to go off when the bodies start to disappear.

makes sense...get rid of floating bodies! we already have a thread in support :P

Gomer Pyle
02-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I was watching console One day when I first noticed it happening and I payed attention to when someone got killed. That's when it seemed to happen. mostly when two or more people were killed. My theory is that its do to the blood splatter from beeeing shot and killed.
Players found it hard to see the damage done, but a quick solution to that is to simply scroll up.

B1ackOut
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I was watching console One day when I first noticed it happening and I payed attention to when someone got killed. That's when it seemed to happen. mostly when two or more people were killed. My theory is that its do to the blood splatter from beeeing shot and killed.
Players found it hard to see the damage done, but a quick solution to that is to simply scroll up.

I have also found that it only occurs when blood splatters in my view, although it doesn't really affect my gameplay it is really annoying.

Rellikdloc
02-08-2013, 04:24 PM

for 1 its really annoying to have to scroll up everytime, and 2 its not that simple b/c you might scroll up to see it then it starts happening again so u have to keep scrolling up, then when u tab back out to play the next round when u go back into console its still at the same spot u left it previous round so then u have to either just hit enter and then scroll up again or scroll down and try and find this rounds damage report.. very annoying. i say we just go ahead and get rid of the floating bodies and just see if that helps :)

Steamer
02-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Still a Valve problem, going to trigger no matter what plugin does it as many things will exceed the particle "limit".

ZERO
02-08-2013, 09:18 PM
It even occurs when nothing is going on on your screen. It is just valve breaking shit.

Gomer Pyle
02-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah its really annoying. And yes I agree to get rid of floating bodies. Not only for that reason but because it has messed up a kill a fews times.

jwtemp
02-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Does anyone know if there has been any word of this in the Valve community, i.e. perhaps they will fix it at some point?

acolyte_to_jippity
02-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah its really annoying. And yes I agree to get rid of floating bodies. Not only for that reason but because it has messed up a kill a fews times.

it's not the bodies that makes these errors.

jwtemp
02-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Are you certain? I've played on other GunGame servers since the update and they don't have these console errors. Everyone I talk to about it swears up and down the errors coincide with a player's death on their screen. I haven't tested this to see if there's any truth to it, but I've heard it from several folks so I thought I'd share.

Maybe if it isn't the bodies it's the gore mod?

acolyte_to_jippity
02-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Are you certain? I've played on other GunGame servers since the update and they don't have these console errors. Everyone I talk to about it swears up and down the errors coincide with a player's death on their screen. I haven't tested this to see if there's any truth to it, but I've heard it from several folks so I thought I'd share.

Maybe if it isn't the bodies it's the gore mod?

they are wrong. it happens without player deaths being on-screen, and also quite often does NOT happen even when staring directly at someone as they die.

Sin
02-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Get rid of floating bodies.

jwtemp
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Confirmed acolyte's information - the floating bodies are not the source of the console errors. I couldn't confirm that the gore mod was the source of them either, so it has to be something else. Such an annoying issue and I'm positive it's not proving any easier to track down from the back end.

I agree with Sin though, floating bodies begone even if they aren't causing the issue, haha.

Jackie Marlow
02-13-2013, 02:22 PM
So according to steam forums this isn't a priority to fix...Fucking amazing.

jwtemp
02-13-2013, 03:32 PM
This isn't Valve's problem, it's the server's problem (no offense intended).

I've proven with 100% certainty that the console errors are a result of player death. There are no errors until the instant someone gets killed, then my console is blasted with them. The last line before each console error 'blast' is always a player's death by another player though so I feel confident this error is being caused by either the floating bodies or the gore mod.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
This isn't Valve's problem, it's the server's problem (no offense intended).

I've proven with 100% certainty that the console errors are a result of player death. There are no errors until the instant someone gets killed, then my console is blasted with them. The last line before each console error 'blast' is always a player's death by another player though so I feel confident this error is being caused by either the floating bodies or the gore mod.

then why doesn't the console fuckery happen all the time, with every death?

Sneak
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
then why doesn't the console fuckery happen all the time, with every death?

I only notice the problem with all the errors if I witness the death itself. It always happens when I kill someone or get killed but not for everyone on the server, only if they die while on my screen

jwtemp
02-13-2013, 06:01 PM
It definitely seems inconsistent (as far as EVERY single death causing this to happen) but without fail, the first line before a huge barrage of console errors is 'Player X killed player Y with X.' That tells me it has to have something to do with the death event and there can only be a handful of things happening on death causing it.

Sin
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Hey floating bodies... fuck you.

jwtemp
02-14-2013, 02:58 PM
^^^^ what he said. :assault:

Can't we at least temporarily turn them off to see if it makes any difference? At least then we'd know.

Firefly
02-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Console Error Work Around: If you spec in free camera and look up (or down) after you die. You will see your kills. The err msg only appears in console when you see another player's death. Its not ideal, but if you have to know- there you go.

CYBER
02-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Console Error Work Around: If you spec in free camera and look up (or down) after you die. You will see your kills. The err msg only appears in console when you see another player's death. Its not ideal, but if you have to know- there you go.

that explains why jw keeps thinking its the floating bodies when it actually is the playerDeath() shit happening.

Good workaround for now.
thanks.

JennieOsgood
02-26-2013, 11:04 PM
its really a horrible game, i have got much irritated with this game by playing it with different errors

Sin
02-26-2013, 11:46 PM
its really a horrible game, i have got much irritated with this game by playing it with different errors

You are so wise! Best bot ever.