PDA

View Full Version : Anime Season: Spring 2013

Bane of Soldiers
02-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Spring 2013 anime chart version 1.0, subject to change a lot. But yeah, here ya go

Edit (3/14/12): Updated to version 2.0, just one day after its release! ^^

ZERO
02-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Quick look over and I already count 11 new shows worth watching. Note that katanagatari is a rerun with no new content.

Xerenix
02-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Shingeki no Kyojin and Arata Kangatari is the shows i'm dying to watch.

Great mangas and hopefuly great animes :)

Bane of Soldiers
02-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Considering way too much shows that I can allot time for, but...

Priority watches:

Date A Live
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S2
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Will also be trying to keep up with:

Photo Kano
Suisei no Gargantia

Bottom Priority:

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W

Will try out during this season:

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
Shingeki no Kyojin
Kakumeiki Valvrave
Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
Aku no Hana

Will try out, more likely out of season:

Hataraku! Maou-sama
Yuyushiki
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san

ZERO
02-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W is going to be something to watch...

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Your also missing girls und panzer and RDG

Bane of Soldiers
02-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W is going to be something to watch...

Not if it takes the same direction as the first season >.>

Your also missing girls und panzer and RDG

Girls Und Panzer, I'm in the same situation as I was with Saki this season... I need to make more time for my dose of moe... and same with HnG. Still far behind...

I admit RDG interested me. But I haven't seen its advertisements; was kinda waiting for a more detailed synopsis to come around before I would put it in consideration

jwtemp
02-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Have you guys seen Eden of the East? I watched it recently and thought it was great. It's actually the first anime series I've completed in quite a while. I'm also dying for the first Berserk movie to see a US release and the second Berserk movie to makes its way to theaters in Japan. It was absolutely my favorite anime series at the height of my interest in the genre (although Cowboy Bebop runs an unbelievably close second).

Unrelated but related - anyone tried Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch?

Edit: Apparently Berkserk: The Golden Age: Arc 1 DID see a US release (11/27/2012) - and I completely and utterly missed it. Arc 2 has also been released in Japan, so tonight, torrent here I come!

ZERO
02-19-2013, 12:36 AM
THe madoka movies aired in the US now that is what you really missed.

Xerenix
02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Have you guys seen Eden of the East? I watched it recently and thought it was great. It's actually the first anime series I've completed in quite a while. I'm also dying for the first Berserk movie to see a US release and the second Berserk movie to makes its way to theaters in Japan. It was absolutely my favorite anime series at the height of my interest in the genre (although Cowboy Bebop runs an unbelievably close second).

Loved Eden of the East. Watched both the series and the movies.

jwtemp
02-19-2013, 01:58 PM
One thing that I never quite grasped was how the woman Selacao serial killer (sorry for the undoubtedly incorrect spelling and lack of the character's name) had angel wings. It was as if she wasn't human at all, but I must've missed something about her back story. Can you clue me in and remove my ignorance?

Xerenix
02-19-2013, 06:16 PM
One thing that I never quite grasped was how the woman Selacao serial killer (sorry for the undoubtedly incorrect spelling and lack of the character's name) had angel wings. It was as if she wasn't human at all, but I must've missed something about her back story. Can you clue me in and remove my ignorance?

Been a while since i saw it but i seem to recall that the angel wings was just an illusion that she used to escape. She didn't actually have any wings but there was no explanation on how the illusion worked.

StarsMine
02-19-2013, 10:48 PM
yay more girls und panzer :D
That and DBZ movie is really all I care about this season.

Bane of Soldiers
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
THe madoka movies aired in the US now that is what you really missed.

I missed them too :(

http://images.puella-magi.net/6/66/Movie_OP_Homumado.gif?20121025071657

jwtemp
02-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks Xerenix. I figured there must've been an explanation and I just missed it. Would you say the movies are worth watching? Do they maintain the quality of the series?

What is Madoka? Pardon my ignorance.

JennieOsgood
02-21-2013, 02:10 AM

Unrelated but related - anyone tried Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch?

Edit: Apparently Berkserk: The Golden Age: Arc 1 DID see a US release (11/27/2012) - and I completely and utterly missed it. Arc 2 has also been released in Japan, so tonight, torrent here I come!

yes i have saw eden in past time i liked it a lot its amazing anime series to watch...

jwtemp
02-21-2013, 02:39 AM
Jesus christ the bot is self aware.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks Xerenix. I figured there must've been an explanation and I just missed it. Would you say the movies are worth watching? Do they maintain the quality of the series?

What is Madoka? Pardon my ignorance.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

if tim burton met magical girl

if horror shows were given young, innocent, magical protagonists.

it's a trippy anime, and one of the better ones i've seen. this is the magical girl genre for men. seriously. watch it. the show is excellent, and creepy beyond belief at times.

ZERO
02-22-2013, 06:08 AM
I read an article that compared it to the superhero genera that was really good. The movies cover the material from the series, the 3rd (unreleased) movie is new content.

You can read a review of the series here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/content.php/138-Review-Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica

jwtemp
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Cool - thanks for the info guys. I'll definitely check it out. Other than torrents, where do you guys get your anime? It's not a very well stocked category on most streaming services. >:|

taz1stP
02-22-2013, 01:59 PM
there are a few out there but the 2 i use most is animedreaming.tv and anime44

ZERO
02-22-2013, 09:15 PM
If you want good translations your not going to want streams.

Xerenix
02-25-2013, 01:00 PM

The movies is definitely worth watching as they finish up the game and give a good ending to the series.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM
If you want good translations your not going to want streams.

well, that's not 100% true. the issue with streams is that it's difficult to tell what group did the particular sub, and it's unlikely you'll end up seeing every episode from the same group.

Bane of Soldiers
02-25-2013, 10:53 PM
To be fair, I can find plenty of mirrors with decent, if not superior subs. Not saying that there's a lot of good mirrors (especially for older shows) but streaming has its merits.

I'm sure we have several threads around here about streaming sites, but for quick reference I typically use
animedreaming.tv
kissanime.com
animeseason.com
m.realitylapse.com (iTouch)
m.animeshippuden.com (iTouch)

Sure there are plenty of better streaming sites, but I've been fine with these. The first three are free, no sign-up. The last two are the same, for mobile at least. Not sure what they're like on desktop

acolyte_to_jippity
02-25-2013, 11:38 PM
To be fair, I can find plenty of mirrors with decent, if not superior subs. Not saying that there's a lot of good mirrors (especially for older shows) but streaming has its merits.

I'm sure we have several threads around here about streaming sites, but for quick reference I typically use
animedreaming.tv
kissanime.com
animeseason.com
m.realitylapse.com (iTouch)
m.animeshippuden.com (iTouch)

Sure there are plenty of better streaming sites, but I've been fine with these. The first three are free, no sign-up. The last two are the same, for mobile at least. Not sure what they're like on desktop

gogoanime has alot mroe than animeseason, though their ui blows.

ZERO
02-28-2013, 06:23 PM
A stream site can not have better subs as they do not do subs they just stream someone else's shit. Also in the case of stuff coming out which one is more logical:

Identify group who does good subs for show X and dl show X when they release it.

Wait for any random group to sub show X then wait for someone to dl that groups version of show X and upload it to stream site. Then wait for it to be approved then watch said stream.

Bane of Soldiers
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
I stream cuz I'm lazy and impatient lol.

gogoanime has alot mroe than animeseason, though their ui blows.
Yeah, their pages are chock full of links and ads. Not to mention that there are tons of trollish comments and spoilers a down scroll away >.>

And yes ZERO, it looks like I'll be watching RDG Red Data Girl this upcoming season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-mLrm-anM&feature=player_embedded

ZERO
03-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Oh now I am very excited. I based my watching it on that it is from a full novel so writing will likely be good and pa works will likely do a good job adapting it.

ZERO
04-03-2013, 07:35 PM
OK so here we go:

Photo Kano

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Suisei no Gargantia

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku

Hataraku Maou-sama!

Kakumeiki Valvrave

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Date a Live

Aiura

RDG: Red Data Girl

Yuyushiki

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties

JennieOsgood
04-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Shingeki no Kyojin is all about i am dying to watch

jwtemp
04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Good Lord, the bot just posted legitimate information?!

I just watched Berserk The Golden Age: Arc 2: The Battle of Dordrey last night. The Berserk series is probably my favorite anime/manga of all time and they're REALLY treating it right with these films. I positively can't wait to pick up the Blu-ray and see Arc 3.

ZERO
04-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Shingeki no Kyojin is all about i am dying to watch

Unfortunately I hope your ready for disappoint... maybe it will get a redo in a few years.

Bane of Soldiers
04-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Andddd I'm dropping Aku no Hana before I even loaded an episode. After seeing screenshots... ugh. I know I could be missing out on a potentially good story, but the art isn't just bland... to me, it's horrendous. Yeah, yeah, shallow and inflexible me will be retreating back to my moe animation. I don't like new things. Especially if it will look like Aku no Hana. There are plenty of shows this season that need my time. Bah! >.>

Unfortunately I hope your ready for disappoint... maybe it will get a redo in a few years.

Hmm, what's wrong with Shingeki no Kyojin? People are too busy praising it to the heavens to tell me their substantial criticisms

ZERO
04-22-2013, 12:51 PM
The same problem as Aku no Hana.

Hyderette
02-28-2014, 08:22 PM
I watched the second episode of Suisei no Gargantia but it was... average? The plot was predictable, the characters were 100% stereotype and predictable. I hope it can develop into something a little more unique. Besides that mech is way too powerful so I guess it's waiting until the Hideauze and the fleet catch up...