PDA

View Full Version : Day z

thecat
02-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Anyone ever played this game?
If not than play it.
All you have too do is download Arma 2 Combined Operations on Steam.
Than go to this web site and download day z commander.
I will also add a link to a guide on how to install the game.
Still you should play Arma 2 first.
http://www.dayzcommander.com/
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how-tos/how_install_dayz

XX0wnsXY
02-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Played it and got bored fast. It's most fun when playing with a group of people you know. It's a game you could probably go back to and enjoy after not playing for a while, though.

anex
02-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Def. a game to play with others. Personally, I'm waiting for the stand alone version.

B1ackOut
02-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Awesome game for a group of friends but is really boring alone. Even teaming up with a few randoms in a server isn't too bad.

thecat
02-16-2013, 08:33 PM
The standalone version will not be using the Arma 2 engine anymore, which is my favorite engine next to the source engine.

Rambo :D
02-16-2013, 09:16 PM
I play dayz but i need buddies to play with. :assault:

acolyte_to_jippity
02-17-2013, 12:46 AM
The standalone version will not be using the Arma 2 engine anymore, which is my favorite engine next to the source engine.

ok? the standalone is going to be basically the exact same game, but less buggy, and prettier.

thecat
02-17-2013, 11:36 AM
ok? the standalone is going to be basically the exact same game, but less buggy, and prettier.
There will be less bugs but the Arma 2 engine is as pretty as it gets.
Maybe the Arma 3 engine will be used but I doubt it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVS2iKKUs7w
Watch this.

StarsMine
02-17-2013, 01:43 PM
great game, however I would rather buy arma 2 on gog :D

acolyte_to_jippity
02-17-2013, 04:38 PM
There will be less bugs but the Arma 2 engine is as pretty as it gets.
Maybe the Arma 3 engine will be used but I doubt it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVS2iKKUs7w
Watch this.

arma 2 engine is ugly as fuck, not sure what game you're talking about.

jwtemp
02-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Wow. I never thought I'd see or hear anyone call the ARMA 2 engine 'pretty.' Seriously cat, if you think ARMA 2, and by extension Day Z, are pretty, you need to take another look at some of the games out there. ARMA 2 seriously looks like microwaved vomit compared to some of the titles of the last twelve months.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Wow. I never thought I'd see or hear anyone call the ARMA 2 engine 'pretty.' Seriously cat, if you think ARMA 2, and by extension Day Z, are pretty, you need to take another look at some of the games out there. ARMA 2 seriously looks like microwaved vomit compared to some of the titles of the last twelve months.

now, for the time, Arma2 was beautiful. but is has not aged well at all. This isn't like half life, where it was damn good even 5 years later. no.

however, DayZ is alot of fun. not a fan of regular Arma2 though. the controls just suck for a regular game.

maynard
02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
the controls just suck for a regular game.

what's wrong with them?

acolyte_to_jippity
02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
what's wrong with them?

they're incredibly clunky and not very natural. they work amazingly for dayZ because they serve to add more stress and atmosphere, but in the regular game, they really just don't work.

maynard
02-18-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't think you played enough... they become very natural over time.

I fully agree at first it's a shit storm given basically every button does something, but once you play for a bit it's no biggie.

B1ackOut
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
The controls are pretty good after a time playing the game, the inventory imo could have been improved (I have lost several guns trying to place them in a backpack) but once you know the various buttons and can aim the mouse in the right place it gets quite fluent.

maynard
02-18-2013, 01:59 PM
I have lost several guns trying to place them in a backpack

ya... that's always fun lol.

thecat
02-19-2013, 02:52 PM
they're incredibly clunky and not very natural. they work amazingly for dayZ because they serve to add more stress and atmosphere, but in the regular game, they really just don't work.
The controls are fine for both games they are way more realistic than other games like.