PDA

View Full Version : Second annual "please remove floating bodies" thread.

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
02-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Annual "please remove floating bodies" thread. (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/8700-Annual-quot-please-remove-floating-bodies-quot-thread.)

N/T

NLA
02-24-2013, 06:15 PM
I second your second etc.

EDIT: although like others are saying, replacing floating with B&G mod would be fantastic.

jeb the hick
02-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Yes please. There's a thread already addressing this: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/10526-Get-rid-of-floating-bodys

jwtemp
02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Just thought I'd put my two cents in again, for shins. Get rid of 'em.

Nemesis
02-25-2013, 04:53 AM
With all the hate with floating bodies, why are they still around, is there anyone who actually likes them?

Carmichal
02-25-2013, 05:55 AM
sad there has to be a second annual.

brett friggin favre
02-25-2013, 12:08 PM
With all the hate with floating bodies, why are they still around, is there anyone who actually likes them?

well i know choxican opinions don't count but i'll just interject with anecdotal evidence: they have saved my ass more often than they've boned me. love disappearing behind them.

jwtemp
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Forget the fact that they're intrusive. Or that they could likely be the culprit behind the console errors on the GG server. Brett just pointed out the #1 reason the floating bodies should be eliminated. Mobile, opportunistic cover that can easily give one player a situational advantage over another simply for being close to it has no place in GG imo.

brett friggin favre
02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Forget the fact that they're intrusive. Or that they could likely be the culprit behind the console errors on the GG server. Brett just pointed out the #1 reason the floating bodies should be eliminated. Mobile, opportunistic cover that can easily give one player a situational advantage over another simply for being close to it has no place in GG imo.

in its defense again, its usually after you get a kill and are a sitting duck while changing guns. levels the playing field in that regard.

sometimes they are very annoying, but i think its a unique part of the game here and you can use it to your advantage just like any other part of the game, like bunny hopping to get a knife.

jwtemp
02-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Flimsy. You can't say you haven't died directly due to a floating body before. Anyone with enough time logged on the server will ultimately have to admit this. The number of times they prove useful is easily trumped by the number of times they make me want to punch something.

brett friggin favre
02-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Flimsy. You can't say you haven't died directly due to a floating body before. Anyone with enough time logged on the server will ultimately have to admit this. The number of times they prove useful is easily trumped by the number of times they make me want to punch something.

never said that, just that ive taken advantage of it more

Omegxkid
02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
MMm flying bodys are a good thing to hide behind when u are reloading just saying haha, 7026 Oh look now i can reload :D

Steamer
02-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Agreed on removal.

Joker
03-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I also agree with the removal request. :wtg: