PDA

View Full Version : Odd Question

El Capitan Pie
02-25-2013, 11:50 PM
wasn't too sure on where to put this but in any case I haven't been able to get into my steam account lately, I either got fucked up and changed the password and email and all that and don't remember it, or it was hacked or whatever. Whatever the case may be I can't get into my steam account anymore and steam support isn't being all that helpful in the retrieval. I was wondering if I got a new acct with css on it if it would be possible to have my wcs levels transferred from my old ID? I realize that it's unlikely, but having wasted a whole lot of time on getting those levels it would be a shame if they all went poof and whatnot.

Thanks for your time.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-26-2013, 01:12 AM
wasn't too sure on where to put this but in any case I haven't been able to get into my steam account lately, I either got fucked up and changed the password and email and all that and don't remember it, or it was hacked or whatever. Whatever the case may be I can't get into my steam account anymore and steam support isn't being all that helpful in the retrieval. I was wondering if I got a new acct with css on it if it would be possible to have my wcs levels transferred from my old ID? I realize that it's unlikely, but having wasted a whole lot of time on getting those levels it would be a shame if they all went poof and whatnot.

Thanks for your time.

you don't have the email that the account is set to?

Carmichal
02-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Maybe ou should fucking do it maybe.

Assassin
02-26-2013, 02:08 AM
Maybe ou should fucking do it maybe.
you* :)

jwtemp
02-26-2013, 07:21 AM
There has to be a way for you to recover it. Even if the primary e-mail was changed, using other details of the account it should be recoverable.

As for the transferring of levels from one Steam ID to another, I don't know if it's possible and if it is, I don't know if there's a precedent for something like this. I tend to agree with you - I am doubtful this is likely to happen.

Just my two cents, which are worth less than a penny.

Chef C Green
02-26-2013, 08:42 AM
I've done a similar thing in the past where I forgot both the email and password I used. Contact steam, give them all the information you can for your account (STEAM ID, In-game name, and (hopefully) have the CC information available from when you purchased the account). The person I worked with got it back to me in under a week (mostly due to slow communication), but overall it wasn't difficult. Be sure that the email you do send them is one that you have access to (forgot this tidbit which added more time to my account recovery :headache:).

As for level transfers, I could speculate that it probably won't happen (or rather hasn't happened in the past), but that's all up to clan on how they want to handle it.

El Capitan Pie
02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
I am currently in the recovery process, so hopefully I get it back (especially since there's something like $700 worth of games on it). The main issue is I've had the account for quite a few years and no longer have access to the email account I signed up with. When I first got this account I was under 18 so had to buy the steam money cards/preloaded gift cards and what not rather than paying on a cc. I do have the cc info for all the purchases I've made on it since then but they haven't asked me about that(I'll try emailing them about this and hopefully it might help, thanks for the suggestion c green). currently as far as I can tell it's hung up on the fact that I don't have access to the email acct that it was connected to before it was hacked. This was more meant to be a hypothetical question in the situation that I can't get it back or if it takes forever (been only 9 days since first support ticket so maybe I'm just being impatient but I need my wcs fix 0.o)

Sin
02-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Maybe you should stop stealing accounts like a faggot!

El Capitan Pie
02-27-2013, 02:22 AM
@sin account was stolen from me, not by me.

Sin
02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
That's what they all say!

Nemesis
02-28-2013, 12:25 AM
That's what they all say!

It's true, I knew a Mexican once. Hint: It was Cyber.

El Capitan Pie
03-03-2013, 08:32 PM
finally got my account back :D, unfortunately cannot play over logmein so I will be shooting you all in the face... or more likely getting shot in the face... as soon as I get home!!! hooray!

EDIT: disregard that, apparently my account is now VAC banned, so now I get to deal with steam support again probably for another week or two :(

EDIT2: apparently even if it's from an account being stolen vac bans are permanent so byebye and thanks for all the fun on the wcs server.

Sin
03-06-2013, 03:45 AM
LEL! Cheatersgonnacheat

ricochet
03-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Why was it VAC banned?