PDA

View Full Version : (^S^) Tech_N9ne /**SMK**\ 3/13/2013 8:00AM EST STEAM_0:0:17252711

Wolfenstinger
03-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Name in Game: (^S^) Tech_N9ne /**SMK**\
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:17252711
Where: WCS
Link to any previous bans: None (That I could find.)
Reason to ban:
WCS Rules
... 8. Lvl farming is a banable offense. Any form of manipulating the XP/cash system will result in a warning > temp ban > perm ban, in that order. If the person in question is found manipulating the XP/cash system after being warned, a temp ban with a maximum length of one month may be issued. If the person in question is found after the temp ban has expired manipulating the XP/cash system again, a permanent ban may be issued.

In the demo, start of map he auto assigned (shot in the dark there) to T, switches to CT. From there he proceeds to rescue hosties for a few rounds and kills himself as Dragonfly. I joined as Mr. Peerson and saw he was a maxed dragonfly (not 100% certain on if its been maxed or just maxed). He plays santa with a pistol against me for a few rounds. I warn him about the XP farming - and tries to brush it off. He then says he could say he was playing with the windows the entire time and that I could check him on this. I told him that there wouldn't be a post if that is ALL he did. Well - here it is. I don't know if I did it right but whatever I guess, close enough for my first request right?

Locust
03-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Voted ban for xp farming admitted to it at 50k.
"that's what you were doing right?" (referring to rescuing hosties and toming) - wolf
"yep" -tech9

Assassin
03-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Need screenies or something of that Locust. More concrete evidence. If so...I'm sure a 3day slap on the wrists inc

What
03-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Well its clear from the demo that he does rescue the hostages then uses the money to by tomes, this is clearly seen and heard in his first round. His self slaying is also likely due to him wanting to be able to buy more tomes. He has played here long enough to where he should know that this is against the rules. At the very least he needs to receive a firm warning from an admin, but due to his time here a temp ban would not be completely unwarranted.

StarsMine
03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
wait since when was self slay against the rules? Its only against the rules if it takes away the someone else's xp from killing him.

What
03-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Not self slaying, slaying in order to buy more tomes while he was xp farming

It was further evidence of him farming, I said nothing about self slaying being against the rules.

Locust
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Need screenies or something of that Locust. More concrete evidence. If so...I'm sure a 3day slap on the wrists inc

it's in the demo... at tick 50k. feel free to go look yourself

acolyte_to_jippity
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM
wait since when was self slay against the rules? Its only against the rules if it takes away the someone else's xp from killing him.

you can only buy 5 tomes with a single life
him killing himself allowed him to buy more.

brett friggin favre
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
tomes shouldn't give xp with less than 2 people playing. shouldn't. this is made clear by when the console says: "[War3Source] No XP is given when less than 2 players are playing". however, i just tested this on the test server and they do indeed give xp, even with only one person on.

he does admit to doing it for that reason, he also insists it's not against the rules. i'll be adding this player to steam to have a conversation about it with him, but you guys...the protocol is clearly stated in the rule since it was rewritten a while back. warning -> temp ban -> perma ban. we have no evidence that he was warned before this event, or that he continued after the warning. therefore no ban is in order, just a warning. good on you for watching out for this wolf and continue to do so when you can.

if anyone has evidence that he has been warned in the past, please feel free to post it. i'll be closing this in a little while if nothing's been said.

StarsMine
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
you can only buy 5 tomes with a single life
him killing himself allowed him to buy more.
Yea, and if a round is over, you have bought your 5 tomes and your still alive, I am not aware that in that situation it is illegal to slay self to purchase more tomes.

brett friggin favre
03-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Yea, and if a round is over, you have bought your 5 tomes and your still alive, I am not aware that in that situation it is illegal to slay self to purchase more tomes.

it's not illegal. the tradeoff is losing your weps and other items

What
03-13-2013, 01:56 PM
No one said it was illegal, in the context of the demo it is merely evidence for farming.

Wolfenstinger
03-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Killing yourself -

WCS Rules
...13. Self slaying is not allowed on the server. It is only acceptable during a time in which a player may be glitched into the map or an object and is stuck and not able to get out of the situation.

This was implemented I believe to stop people from denying XP to those who well deserved the kill (example getting a Vaga stuck with lace and then Vaga kills themself before you can find them.). Sure the tradeoff is you lose items + weapons, but they'll pick up some or spawn with some anyways (or ankh, depends on what the player chooses.)

Also - Killing yourself to buy more tomes during a normal 4v4 + game I could see fine I guess at the end of a round or beginning if you get revived, but this situation = alone and manipulating the system to farm a bit of XP until somebody joins.

brett friggin favre
03-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Killing yourself -

This was implemented I believe to stop people from denying XP to those who well deserved the kill (example getting a Vaga stuck with lace and then Vaga kills themself before you can find them.). Sure the tradeoff is you lose items + weapons, but they'll pick up some or spawn with some anyways (or ankh, depends on what the player chooses.)

Also - Killing yourself to buy more tomes during a normal 4v4 + game I could see fine I guess at the end of a round or beginning if you get revived, but this situation = alone and manipulating the system to farm a bit of XP until somebody joins.

the way we've always enforced it is that it is legal, at least as far as i'm aware. i'll discuss that with maynard at some point today and get a verdict, and see if we can get it in writing or if that rule is explicit enough as-is.

Wolfenstinger
03-13-2013, 02:43 PM
kay kay. thanks brett.

brett friggin favre
03-13-2013, 02:48 PM
just spoke with maynard, we haven't punished for it in the past but from now on we're to warn people that it's not allowed, and if they continue, short bans are in order. so officially, slaying yourself to buy more tomes is not allowed.

now again, if anyone has any evidence of warning tech nine about the issue at hand before this incident, please post it. otherwise, this thread will be closed and as soon as he adds me, he will be warned by me personally

no replies, closing, player will be warned, once more. keep an eye out for him doing it again.