PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to WCS server

Redemptiion
03-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to the server. It says "server is not responding" when i try to join through a friend or add it back to my favorites. And when i try to connect directly to the ip it tries 4 times and fails to connect. Someone please help me, i cant figure out why its doing this :c. I don't think I've been banned or anything. I haven't broken any rules. Please help me with this, i play on the wcs server regularly and have 170 or so hours on it. Its all i play when i get on cs:s.

ZERO
03-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Are you sure the ip is not being blocked by your firewall?

Try to ping wcs.ibisgaming.com

Redemptiion
03-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Its a tad slow but I'm getting replies from it. I dont think its the firewall =/

ZERO
03-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Are you able to connect to all the other servers just fine? Also have you tired the wcs test server @ wcs.ibisgaming.com:27016 pass "ibiswcs"

Redemptiion
03-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes i can connect to other servers including the wcs test server. Just not the wcs server

CYBER
03-18-2013, 03:44 AM
Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to the server. It says "server is not responding" when i try to join through a friend or add it back to my favorites. And when i try to connect directly to the ip it tries 4 times and fails to connect. Someone please help me, i cant figure out why its doing this :c. I don't think I've been banned or anything. I haven't broken any rules. Please help me with this, i play on the wcs server regularly and have 170 or so hours on it. Its all i play when i get on cs:s.

i usually get the same thing when im connecting from university.

this pretty much means that the 27015 port is blocked.
Try going on the test server since it's a 27016.
if it worked, it means my assumptions are true.
if not, it could either means that the whole port range is blocked, or smthn totally different...

it has nthn to do with u ... is there any thing that changed with ur isp? are u connecting from the same places u've always playedfrom?

edit: i just saw that u are able to connect to other servers and the test servers.
soooooooooooooooooooo, i was right. u're port 27015 is blocked.
Are u running a VPN by any chance? or connected to one? bcos at my university, it's this vpn that blocks the range.

IF YOU ARE THE OWNER OF THE NETWORK, google "how to forward port 27015" and do it urself.
if ure simply connecting to one.. tough luck.. u're screwed... like me at university...

Redemptiion
03-18-2013, 07:12 AM
We recently got a new router and have had to use additional settings this time for a phone. Ill ask my stepfather to open up that port then. Thanks for the help =)

ZERO
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Ah when he said other servers I assumed that he meant other ibis servers which all use 27015 so I then assumed that 27015 was open.

CYBER
03-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Ah when he said other servers I assumed that he meant other ibis servers which all use 27015 so I then assumed that 27015 was open.thats what i assumed too until i noticed that i wrote the same confusing expression in my own post. So i assumed he took all of ibis as a whole as 'server' and he was referring to other communities.Ergh, but would u know of any way to forward the ibis servers into port 27016 from my css client side without the need for vpn authentication and root? So that the vpn doesnt block it?

ZERO
03-19-2013, 01:27 AM
You would need to configure your router to forward port 27015 to 27016.

Redemptiion
03-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Actually.. upon further review i found that port 27015 is open. I can connect to the other ibis servers, just not the WCS server. I lost connection quite a few times in game if that means anything. He was changing settings and was too much of an asshole to tell me.

ZERO
03-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Ensure that bolth TCP and UDP port 27015 is open. It could be only open for the one and not the other.