PDA

View Full Version : Server problems

jwtemp
03-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Edit: Ignore this post. Please see Cheese's post a minute before mine, but note that the WCS box is experiencing the same issues (he didn't realize this I don't believe).

ZERO
03-18-2013, 01:51 PM
yea the wcs server was boot looping, issue resolved.

jwtemp
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Hmm. Are you sure? I only hopped on for about ten minutes and it was suffering some of the same terrible lag spikes and odd behavior as the GG server. An admin, name of HK5750 I believe, was in the process of rebooting the server from the voice chat I caught.

I can't give as much detail about WCS as I can the GG server (GG has been misbehaving all day) but if I can help out in any way, let me know.

Cheese
03-18-2013, 02:43 PM
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/10731-Requesting-Server-Reset...

That's my thread right there.

It appears to be the same issue that we were having a while back with the map mod. I.E. RTV, MAP VOTE, NOMINATE etc. Every time any of those are involved, the server lags.

ZERO
03-18-2013, 03:11 PM
yea each server 1 at a time needed to be moved over to a new instance of the server monitor. The box was getting IO lagged durring this.

Cheese
03-18-2013, 03:13 PM
That explains it. =P Still having the issues when nominating or anything else to do with a map selection. ( All servers except PUB are being affected by this it, or so it appears )

jwtemp
03-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey Zero, you may or may not already be aware, and I'm sorry to be a pain if you are, but the servers are still hosed. We've determined now though that it's not just the map commands - it's any player command (and presumably admin command) that causes the server to go into a tizzy.

It wouldn't be such a big deal as we could tell people simply not to use commands, but the problem is the server is also randomly crashing/failing to change maps when people do use commands. Again, if I can offer any assistance, happy to do so to get this resolved.

Seems fairly likely today's Steam update is the culprit behind this madness as it's likely the only thing that has changed.

ZERO
03-18-2013, 05:43 PM
YEa I figured it out and corrected the issue.

Cheese
03-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Still messing up...

ZERO
03-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Oh gungame will still be effected for now. All the rest should be fine. :wtg:

Erdenay
03-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Nope, all servers have been really, REALLY laggy.

ZERO
03-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Tonight I did some updates on the box kept everything down and did a few defrags and other tasks that only get done once every 6 months or so. Everything is running fresh now and today at least things should be running really smooth lol :wtg:

jwtemp
03-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Thank you Zero, it's very much appreciated. I haven't had a chance to log in and test the servers yet but I'm sure they're at least doing better! :)