PDA

View Full Version : Austyyn 3/29/13

What
03-29-2013, 02:40 AM
Ingame name: Austyyn
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:30255649
Where: WCS
Reason for Ban: Manipulating the auto-balance

Told it was against the rules, several times before, not the first time he has done it. Overall he is a problem on the server and I know Chef and Music can attest to that. General Greifing and "fuck the rules" attitude whenever an admin isn't on.

Chef C Green
03-29-2013, 03:25 AM
Soooo, I initially posted for "Ban" assuming that the player in question was continuing to go against rules without watching the demo. I'd like to change that to "Warn".

1) The issue starts around tick 29000 when Austyyn goes into spec. Technically there is no rule currently in the rules section stating that manipulation of the auto-balance is wrong. While it may have been brought up in past threads, no addition has been made to our official documents.

2) Given the context of the situation leading to the !spectate, I don't see it as being a punishable offense. This isn't a question of what's legal to do, it's the respect shown to other players which was clearly non-existent from either side of the argument. If anything, you all can temp ban yourselves for VII. Respect --> 1) Respect other players.

This is a fail temp ban imo. Chill out, enjoy the game, and if need be - step away from the servers for a while.

@Austyyn --> You have been warned on several accounts [warding objective + fire-nading objective], and openly admitted to not caring for our rules. We all - including those of us that use our classes to pick on weaker opponents, rather than try for a challenging game *cough cough* - have fought for our positions. We picked up the tricks as we suffered through it, and will not pity you for going through similar challenges. Obey the rules, enjoy the game, and if those cannot be met by all means leave.

brett friggin favre
03-29-2013, 03:53 AM
there doesn't need to be a specific rule for manipulating autobalance, it goes under exploitation of the game/mods.

he was warned by what, said he doesn't give a fuck about the rules, and joined the stacked team as soon as there was an opening. this is exploitation. i'm also attaching a demo wherein he shouts directed racism at a player with no admins on. this on top of the several warnings about smoke nades/fire nades/wards...this guy doesn't get the rules.

he doesn't give a fuck about our rules, i don't give a fuck about him. voting to ban, but since chef's vote seems to have changed to "no" this will be left open for the time being.

jwtemp
03-29-2013, 07:38 AM
2) Given the context of the situation leading to the !spectate, I don't see it as being a punishable offense. This isn't a question of what's legal to do, it's the respect shown to other players which was clearly non-existent from either side of the argument. If anything, you all can temp ban yourselves for VII. Respect --> 1) Respect other players.

Sorry Chef, this is one of those cases where your overly nice approach is unwarranted. As an admin and a player, I always try to be respectful to others in the server - until they start disrespecting or berating me. They can at that point go fuck themselves. I give what I get, and if I'm getting asshole, I'm giving asshole.

Chef C Green
03-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Sorry Chef, this is one of those cases where your overly nice approach is unwarranted. As an admin and a player, I always try to be respectful to others in the server - until they start disrespecting or berating me. They can at that point go fuck themselves. I give what I get, and if I'm getting asshole, I'm giving asshole.

*shrugs* Fair enough. It would appear this player has already made a name for himself in our community, and since I only returned recently, it's understandable that my view is more relaxed. I trust your judgments on the matter.

HK5150
03-29-2013, 10:11 AM
It definately seems that Austynn is rampaging the server while the admins are away. I know I don't have an actual vote but if he was proven to say, "fuck the rules" right after I placed the warning in our admin section then you really need to take a step back and think about this. He will be a jackass anytime that we are not on. That is definately not a good way to help the WCS community here. Just saying...

jwtemp
03-29-2013, 10:46 AM
*shrugs* Fair enough. It would appear this player has already made a name for himself in our community, and since I only returned recently, it's understandable that my view is more relaxed. I trust your judgments on the matter.

Hehe. My judgments are generally terrible, but when it comes to immaturity, I'm usually pretty spot on. Anyone directly telling an admin that basically our rules mean nothing to them has no place on IBIS servers. Racism while no admins are on? Icing on the cake. Banhammer pl0x.

It definately seems that Austynn is rampaging the server while the admins are away. I know I don't have an actual vote but if he was proven to say, "fuck the rules" right after I placed the warning in our admin section then you really need to take a step back and think about this. He will be a jackass anytime that we are not on. That is definately not a good way to help the WCS community here. Just saying...

Yup. Exactly.

brett friggin favre
03-29-2013, 12:20 PM
you guys do have a vote here. all admins do.

chef, we appreciate your nature and how you handle things. i like to do it that way too sometimes but i've been in-game with this guy and all he does is piss people off. there are some people who don't deserve that nice treatment.

since i'm voting yes, looks like hk wants a ban, jw wants a ban, and since i provided extra evidence, i'm going to ban austynn for a week and add him to steam. he can either wait out the ban, or give me a typed confirmation that he has read and understand the general server rules and wcs rules, at which point i'll unban him.

ban issued, closed. http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:30255649&advType=steamid&Submit