PDA

View Full Version : GG DM FFA Testing

ZERO
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Server is up at ggdmffa.ibisgaming.com (address may take a few hours to propagate)
alt ip: 208.43.70.235

Password is: ibisgg

So far the basic game in test form is implemented. Here is what needs to be tested.

all maps (let me know which ones suck and need to be removed)
gg spawn camp prevention (there is a counter that will stop when you move out of the range, is the range too short or long, is the timer too short/long is there errors in the timer?) (note effect will be cleaned up a bit later)

So please focus on those things and also report any other problems you find. I will implement more things to test as we go along. (custom models likley later in week)

ZERO
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Here is the list of maps to test:
aim_ag_texture_city_advanced
aim_ag_texture2
aim_shadow
fy_complex
geek_mspacman
gg_aim_ag_texture_jungle-l
gg_aim_shotty
gg_deagle5
gg_fy_funtimes
gg_mario_vs_wario
gg_natus_v2
gg_ruins_dawn
gg_temple_arena
gg_wmd_cellular
gg_wmd_pulsar
knas_Speedcastle64_CSS
playground_x_s

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Bad maps:
aim_shadow
gg_aim_shotty -too small

Steamer
04-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Suicide needs to be dropped to one level considering 4 to rank. Knife should be set to take rank to 0 and only steal if 0.

ZERO
04-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Yea that was already reduced to 2 but will not take effect until the server is restarted.

CYBER
04-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Here is the list of maps to test:
aim_ag_texture2
aim_shadow
fy_complex
geek_mspacman
gg_aim_shotty
gg_deagle5
gg_fy_funtimes
gg_mario_vs_wario
gg_natus_v2
gg_ruins_dawn
gg_temple_arena
gg_wmd_cellular
gg_wmd_pulsar
knas_Speedcastle64_CSS
playground_x_s

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Bad maps:
aim_shadow
gg_aim_shotty -too small

i think the Hang'em high halo map (huge grey-ish map with 2 teleporters) would be ideal for this kind of server? in gg it's too slow paced and huge, but it might actually work out here considering you can have spawn points all over.
(sorry i dnt have the map link and actual name memorized, but it's on our gg server)

also, gg_octasky was removed from gg because it was a big map and slow paced,
i think it might work here too, im suggesting it before actually officially posting an [add] thread since already had it before : http://cssgg.gamebanana.com/maps/145097

dman24
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
So me and Trigger tried out the server, knifing is a little off one time he was standing infront of me the whole time spun around infront of me and still back knifed me.

Also Warm-up round is a bit long, think its 20 secs a little long, maybe 10? Everything else was good no lag or anything :)

Loved the random spawn points and the beacon if you camp for 14 secs. So all in all looking good Zero :)

ZERO
04-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Remember that the beacon is not for camping in general but camping at the location you spawned at. :wtg:

Nemesis
04-02-2013, 12:05 AM
i think the Hang'em high halo map (huge grey-ish map with 2 teleporters) would be ideal for this kind of server? in gg it's too slow paced and huge, but it might actually work out here considering you can have spawn points all over.
(sorry i dnt have the map link and actual name memorized, but it's on our gg server)

also, gg_octasky was removed from gg because it was a big map and slow paced,
i think it might work here too, im suggesting it before actually officially posting an [add] thread since already had it before : http://cssgg.gamebanana.com/maps/145097

Ya you'd think huge maps would be better. It would prevent getting spawn camped a lot more.

Also Cyber your hockey gif is stupid. at least show the good part.

ZERO
04-02-2013, 01:46 AM
remember we need DM maps unless you happen to have the coordinate files for the spawns.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-02-2013, 01:53 AM
KNIFING should give you 2 kills
BEING KNIFED should take away either 1 kill or 2 kills.

suicide should take away 2 kills.

alternate idea would be to make getting knifed put you back at 0 for your current gun (so you need 4 more kills with that gun, regardless of how many you already had (up to 3)). Knifing someone then gives you a bonus equal to the number of kills taken.

ZERO
04-02-2013, 02:07 AM
You realize that those are not settings but changes to the core gg plugin itself... I will see what I can do.

Also you do realize that kills are cheep in ffa when you have normal player counts. Or is it that you think that the knife will be too powerful if it removes an entire level.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-02-2013, 02:27 AM
You realize that those are not settings but changes to the core gg plugin itself... I will see what I can do.

Also you do realize that kills are cheep in ffa when you have normal player counts. Or is it that you think that the knife will be too powerful if it removes an entire level.

i think that 4 kills is far too much to take...actually, the current knife can remove anywhere from 4 to 7 kills (get knifed without any kills on a weap, lose 4, bringing you to 0 kills with the previous vs. getting knifed while sitting on 3 kills on your weapon, and ending up with 0 for the previous instead of 3)

CYBER
04-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Also Cyber your hockey gif is stupid. at least show the good part.

did you NOT see the stick steal? -.-
I guess you just don't have a sense of humor

also aco:
I personally think that u should in fact lose the entire level (yes, all 7 kills of urs if u were just about to go to the next level)...
Getting a knife in FFA is not as simple as as gg due to the fact that people are constantly respawning and flanking your ass, or coming back to kill you.
Not to mention any possible health-steals that proc'd.

The knife should be rewarding to you, and if i got knifed like this, i'd gladly accept such loss because i must have fucked up big time, or been flanked beautifully lol...

Nemesis
04-02-2013, 09:06 AM

Except that 3 seconds after your gig ends he scores a goal with the stick of the gy who stole his then waves it in his face which is the actual good part.

I can see where getting knifed and losing a whole four kills worth of lvl would suck. Maybe to the closest half lvl? So if your on the first or second kill you go to zero and if you're on the third or next weapon you go back to two.

ZERO
04-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Likely what I will do is make it do 4 points not 1 level and your points. This is something I need real players to test b/c the bots will just shoot me and I do not know their level.

But yea you all just had to ask for it, then I could not sleep all night trying to figure out how to code multi point removal properly. :banghead:

Masskid
04-02-2013, 10:06 AM

also aco:
I personally think that u should in fact lose the entire level (yes, all 7 kills of urs if u were just about to go to the next level)...
Getting a knife in FFA is not as simple as as gg due to the fact that people are constantly respawning and flanking your ass, or coming back to kill you.
Not to mention any possible health-steals that proc'd.

The knife should be rewarding to you, and if i got knifed like this, i'd gladly accept such loss because i must have fucked up big time, or been flanked beautifully lol...
You're funny Cyber, yesterday steamer got locked at low level because I either stole his gun or he dropped, this is without a populated server so I could see knives all around on a populated one. Also it is kinda Gay when you have a cross map shooting contest and someone pops in and knives your back resulting in loss of all levels and a fucking gun. Ksing with a knife is currently one of the gayest strategies.

Steamer
04-02-2013, 10:50 AM
^ This. The idea of four points only is a good one. Sounds rather balanced to me and just needs testing. Suicide is definitely better at one level and remaining points.

ZERO
04-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Here is the planned features for GG Knife (the 4th custom plugin developed just for the GG DM FFA server and there is still the 5th one for the models to program lol):

Steal 4 points for a knife kill when below knife level
Steal only 1 point when on knife level
Disabled completely on nade level
If player has <4 points will steal what it can
If player is L1 P0 then 1 point is awarded but logically no points can be taken

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

does anyone know if the up and down sounds play just for the player or everyone?

ZERO
04-02-2013, 02:23 PM
OK knife plugin is finished and should be working now. I have all messages and effects for it done as well so that it will integrate naturally.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I will join up test server as soon as I see someone join up to test with.

Steamer
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Kill streak gives effects and music, but needs the speed.

Sin
04-02-2013, 04:44 PM
As is now, even with a full server it just feels SLOW for a DM server. Should be 2 kills per level or 3 would be okay. Definitely need a speed increase when you gain turbo mode with the mario star music. Otherwise it's similar to a beacon. I do like the spawn camping/beacon feature though.

Masskid
04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
As is now, even with a full server it just feels SLOW for a DM server. Should be 2 kills per level or 3 would be okay. Definitely need a speed increase when you gain turbo mode with the mario star music. Otherwise it's similar to a beacon. I do like the spawn camping/beacon feature though.

ya making it 3 kills would improve the speed, i mean it is possible to play 2 maps in 45 min. but 20/25 min maps are kinda a long time

brett friggin favre
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
speedcastle's borked, complex doesn't have randomized spawn points

Nemesis
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
spawn protection is too long, especially on closed in maps. As of now there's time to pull out a knife and hit someone twice while still under spawn protection. A majority of our maps are no good as they need random spawns or at least huge spawn zones.

I agree with Sin as 4 kills seems a little drawn out, maybe 3?

Knifing seems laggy or bugged, you get back knifed from someone who is standing in front of you that seems to far away to even hit you to begin with.

ZERO
04-02-2013, 08:26 PM
I have not seen that issue even with the knife fest we had before I lowered the point awarded to 2. I can make spawn protect end when you fire if you all want.

Nemesis
04-02-2013, 08:55 PM
I have not seen that issue even with the knife fest we had before I lowered the point awarded to 2. I can make spawn protect end when you fire if you all want.

Oh that's a good idea. How about if you knife under protection you do no dmg?

Masskid
04-02-2013, 09:16 PM
If you knife someone during warm up round you keep the kills going into the next round. like knife someone 3 times the warm up you will only require 1 para kill to level to awp, also dead talk reminder

jwtemp
04-02-2013, 10:02 PM
I noticed something while testing my 'issue' today in the new GG DM FFA server. Set cheering and jeering so it's once per spawn, not once per round. The rounds never end, and I love me some cheers and jeers. :D

Sin
04-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Fuck that jeering shit. You could literally do it every few seconds if that was the case.

Patmonster
04-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Fuck that jeering shit. You could literally do it every few seconds if that was the case.

Haven't had the chance to join the server yet, but if it's that fast I have to agree with Sin.
Try once every 30 seconds? if it can be times. Or don't worry about it at all.

Also, I loovvee the turbo and mario music! must have!

Nemesis
04-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Since DM is suppose to be hectic, why not randomize the order of the guns? each map the order is shuffled, it's the same for everyone, but you never know which gun you're going to get. knife and nade lvl will stay the same.

Also, What does everyone think of making it more than one knife to get off the level? I know it's already a little drawn out as it is but who doesn't like knifing?

ZERO
04-03-2013, 12:57 AM
That was already done point value was lowered from 4 to 2 see patch notes from today.

Nemesis
04-03-2013, 01:13 AM
That was already done point value was lowered from 4 to 2 see patch notes from today.

reading is for black people.

brett friggin favre
04-03-2013, 02:36 AM
reading is for black people.

well it seems you got a racist statement ass-backwards for once.

how black of you!

ZERO
04-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Server has been updated with todays batch of patches. See release notes: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/10805-GG-DM-FFA-Updates-1.0.2?p=157151#post157151

ZERO
04-03-2013, 04:56 PM
I had an idea to make the late game more intense, what if the server played some BG when a player first reaches nade level (I am talking about once per map). The bg is similar to the music that plays now during 1v1 knive fights.

The music would last at least 60sec here is some examples of what it could sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq5Y5qCyZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BC5-IerQZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4PKHMOPdbQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLA7X2B_zuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx6YL1ld0iY

ZERO
04-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Custom model plugin created. Currently we just have 1 type. Will deal with making it select which one the map will have randomly later. Please verify it works as intended and that you all like this model. :wtg:

ZERO
04-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I have added more maps and added spawns to them and complex.

Here is the current map list:
aim_ag_texture2
fy_complex
geek_mspacman
gg_deagle5
gg_fy_funtimes
gg_mario_vs_wario
gg_natus_v2
gg_ruins_dawn
gg_temple_arena
gg_wmd_cellular
gg_wmd_pulsar
playground_x_s
de_speedcastle_v2
DM_Hot_CN_v1
dm_crypt_v2
de_dust_sun

I am going to try to find a way to bring back the radar minus the people so people can learn and navigate some of the larger maps faster.

Patmonster
04-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I love the music idea. Motivate us to find the guy on nade and knife him :smirk:

ZERO
04-06-2013, 12:02 AM
I love the music idea. Motivate us to find the guy on nade and knife him :smirk:

OK I have created the program currently with just 1 track for now. :wtg:

ZERO
04-06-2013, 02:01 AM
All mods are ready for release test. The music that plays for when nade level is first reached is more like BG music so let me know if I made it too quiet it is not indented to be loud as that will get old really fast.

The music is randomly chosen at the start of the map and will download automatically there is currently 14 different tracks. The method used for this will be later used to do the same for the models (but that is a lot more complex) so that files only download when they are actually needed.

Please test and let me know of any bugs or things that need fixing. Once I get the motd setup and that shit then we are ready to go live. Expect to hit public Saturday evening. :wtg:

ZERO
04-07-2013, 01:21 AM
One program left to make and test and the server will be live.

Steamer
04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :wtg:

ZERO
04-07-2013, 07:19 PM
OK the last programs were made!

In the end I had to create 9 new programs from scratch to handle what we wanted the GG DM FFA server to do.

Now I am getting the stats database setup and the motd pages. All settings on the server are now on release status report any bugs now before life. Final change log will be posted in the updates thread soon.