PDA

View Full Version : Regarding GG DM FFA Improvements

XX0wnsXY
04-08-2013, 01:52 AM
I just want to say a few things regarding the GG DM FFA server.

First of all, GG DM is not at all my first match for a server (minigames sigh, ahahahaha)..anyway,

that being said, I have some real issues with the GG deathmatch server at the moment. Some, may be fixeable, some..may not.

My first issue is the scoreboard. I hate that I'm shooting red people while I'm terrorist, and blue while I'm counter terrorist. I feel like I'm team attacking. Any deathmatch I've seen has a combined scoreboard..but not gg..so is gg a constraint?

Second, I HATE the background nade music. TAKE IT AWAY. It plays forever and is unnessecary. Take IT AWAY.

Third, I've been BEGGING for quake sounds. PLEASE. Enable Quake Sounds and make the option to turn them off per player. I want to hear "HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT!" and "MULTI KILLLLLLLLL" and " MONSTER KILLLLLLLLLLLL". That is what makes me feel epic. Not background music that plays for years.

My most important point. 4 kills per level is too much. 2-3 could be ideal. 4 ...nah..too much!.

These are my observations so far. Agree or not...I'm right and you're wrong.

ZERO
04-08-2013, 01:57 AM
I could add a command called stopmusic and when entered stops the music for the clients that do not want to hear it. I can also test lowering the volume by 20%.

CYBER
04-08-2013, 08:34 AM

First of all, GG DM is not at all my first match for a server (minigames sigh, ahahahaha)..anyway,

that being said, I have some real issues with the GG deathmatch server at the moment. Some, may be fixeable, some..may not.

My first issue is the scoreboard. I hate that I'm shooting red people while I'm terrorist, and blue while I'm counter terrorist. I feel like I'm team attacking. Any deathmatch I've seen has a combined scoreboard..but not gg..so is gg a constraint?

Second, I HATE the background nade music. TAKE IT AWAY. It plays forever and is unnessecary. Take IT AWAY.

Third, I've been BEGGING for quake sounds. PLEASE. Enable Quake Sounds and make the option to turn them off per player. I want to hear "HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT!" and "MULTI KILLLLLLLLL" and " MONSTER KILLLLLLLLLLLL". That is what makes me feel epic. Not background music that plays for years.

My most important point. 4 kills per level is too much. 2-3 could be ideal. 4 ...nah..too much!.

i agree on most terms, i already told zero that the nade sound was a TAD loud because most of us are trying to listen to footsteps and respawns so that we dnt get spawn-flanked.

3 should be enough : strike1 , strike 2 , strike 333333333 u're UP!
seems legit, especially since the goddamn knife takes away 2 points.

omg i fucking love the quake sounds, DO EEEEET

jwtemp
04-08-2013, 09:50 AM

This might actually be the best quote I've had the pleasure of reading on this forum yet.

StarsMine
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Quake lady would be nice

Grits
04-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I concur with this suggestions! I think they're great (nade sound isn't THAT bothersome though)

Even without changes, I thank you for adding the server. Its going to epic, even as is! I'm pretty tired of the teamstacking and race whoring on WCS, so this will give me something new to play for a while :D

ZERO
04-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I have reduced the volume for the music and added a command stopmusic where as a client can stop the music whenever they want. :wtg:

brett friggin favre
04-08-2013, 11:20 AM

as far as the scoreboard goes, i think that was done to make it easier to sort things out. i personally haven't freaked out about the whole team attacking thing, but i can see where you could feel that.

final battle music - i dig it, i don't feel like it's intrusive, but i like that there's a command to stop it.

quake sounds wouldn't hurt, of course with the standard option to disable them.

tough to say on the 3 or 4 kills thing, i think 3 might be best but i haven't been in there with more than 6 people or so, and its tough to know how it'd work with a full server

Steamer
04-08-2013, 08:38 PM
The reason it's two/four is because that's the way it relates to stats.

Nade music is fine, but a client menu to switch it off would be awesome. The sound is intrusive as it lets everyone know were you are. I love this feature. As you all know, I explicitly target the nsder for knifing.

I still think the pace is too slow. I would even go as far to say that the server would be more successful with a one kill level. 2 kills with more than ten if you must.

ZERO
04-08-2013, 11:07 PM
It does not let anyone know where you are it plays the sound to the clients directly. The kill requirement was already reduced to 3.

Steamer
04-09-2013, 04:34 PM
When you and I tested it, the music got louder as I got closer and per channel (direction), in turn telling me where you were. This is what I meant. I've successfully knifed a few nader's this was. Most recently brett and mass, yesterday. I remember you saying that it was gonna be changed though. About to hop on and find out.

Edit: Yep, was fixed.

ZERO
04-09-2013, 07:00 PM
I changed the code so that it does not do that. If you think that it still is then we have proven the existence of confirmation bias.

The music is sent to each player individually not a play all but individually.

Oh now I see your edit lol