PDA

View Full Version : talk about a cheap shot...

cheapshot
04-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Was in GG server about 10-20m ago playing with roshill, gummybear was there, macnastay (who plays a larger part in this case of mistaken identity).

A couple ppl joined one Princess Elemix and another one...they started TKing on the GG server. Map was office_mini and we had just come from church (rosh won with a knife then nade on top of a church cause the goombas wouldn't stop comin up the damn ladder).

Then there was some confusion as a couple players were changing their names. First to Macnasty (who got banned). Then there were two of me. Two Cheapshots. I had no gold stars, the other one did. I got banned and maybe the other one did too but...ya got the wrong cheapshot.

I play on GG fairly often and just got vagabond yesterday in WC and now I'm banned? I had no chance to respond there were no allegations made, I don't even know who banned me it all happened so fast.

I think it was overwhelming the admin/server with multiple TKers but I was not one of them. This is an accidental ban as far as I know...

I'm into cheap shots, but this time call me collateral damage. Please let me back in!

Do u need additional info?

-i realize now i posted this in the wrong place, i apologize, but i am not sure how to remedy the situation. i'm not trying to give you another reason to ban me, so please mercifully move/delete this threat at your own discretion

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

right, well, i guess it was just for an hour. i overreacted because i saw ppl getting banned for a week just before me. fair enough...false alarm i suppose. see you ingame :banghead:

Rellikdloc
04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
-i realize now i posted this in the wrong place, i apologize, but i am not sure how to remedy the situation. i'm not trying to give you another reason to ban me, so please mercifully move/delete this threat at your own discretion

Not only in the wrong area but wrong format. Use this to help you.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/238-Format-for-unban-requests

Then post in this section too.

Ace 5LB Gummybear
04-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Same as relik said, but I will add in a few comments... :)

I was the one who banned you. There were 2 Name changers.... Jackie snabbed one, the other we were trying to find out as he was still tking. So i gave you both an hour ban hoping the real you would add one of the admins on steam and get it resolved. Just an hour so no need for an unban thread.... If you do suspect admin abuse there is a thread for that as well just make sure you spell my name right :P. 5LBGummybear ibis.a, sorry for the trouble.

ZERO
04-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Also does the ingame tkmanager menu currently work in gg or not? I had reports that it did not work post pipe update but I believed I had fixed it, I just want to check. :wtg:

jwtemp
04-19-2013, 08:10 AM
As of last night the TK menu was not working at all (and has not worked since the update, can confirm tbat as well). Ultimate Mapchooser also takes thirty seconds to change the map when selecting 'Now' as the timeframe. RTV has been spotty too. I know that it sometimes will not change a map when players initiate and complete a vote. I've seen a couple of times where it also doesn't initiate the vote when someone gets to level twenty four (Glock).

ZERO
04-22-2013, 07:44 PM
TK issue fixed

StarsMine
04-22-2013, 11:29 PM
I have banned the wrong person for LUA scripts as well before, though the banning admin should catch on quick when TKing/namechanging is still going on.