PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remake

Xerenix
04-30-2013, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IvwfH6W7DGs

Don't know about you guys but when FFX came out on PS2, i played it all the time and i still play it sometimes. Logged over 1000 hours in this game and i'm really looking forward for when the HD remake is released on PS3.

FFX-2 wasn't that great with it's combat system but atleast it was a good ending to the FFX story and it seems you get it together with FFX.

Any else really looking foward to these remakes? :)

maynard
04-30-2013, 07:32 AM
still love it, still play it. Auron is one of my fav characters of the game series.

jwtemp
04-30-2013, 08:47 AM
I nerd-gasmed over this game when it was released, picked it up on launch day but somehow I never actually finished it. As I recall I was at the second Sin boss fight? I've played them all except XIV but honestly, the last Final Fantasy I actually completed was FFVII - I played that one for hundreds of hours, maybe a thousand, so I guess it was to me what X is to you. I couldn't get into FFVIII (emo much?) and IX came out too close to the PS2's release for me to really get into it. XI was an MMO (I played WoW) and XII was MMOish and mostly forgettable from what I read and heard, XIII I own but have yet to fire up and FFXIV is another MMO and, from what I understand, also a Goddamn disaster of a game.

It has probably been ten years since I touched FFX, but I personally love these HD remastered collections so I'll definitely pick it up and revisit the game at some point. Who knows, maybe I'll actually finish it! :)

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
lets not lie, you all love it because you are perv dogs!

I love it too, will it only be releasing for PS3?

Edit: as long as yuna sings to me again, ill be happy :x

Xerenix
04-30-2013, 11:13 AM
FFXIV is another MMO and, from what I understand, also a Goddamn disaster of a game.

It has probably been ten years since I touched FFX, but I personally love these HD remastered collections so I'll definitely pick it up and revisit the game at some point. Who knows, maybe I'll actually finish it! :)

FFXIV was a disaster which is why they removed subscriptions for a while and relocated all the previous dev team, then decided to remake the whole game from scratch (New graphic engine and such) while keeping the previous characters. From what i've played in Alpha and Beta, it's looking great :)

lets not lie, you all love it because you are perv dogs!

I love it too, will it only be releasing for PS3?

Edit: as long as yuna sings to me again, ill be happy :x

FFX/X-2 will be released in a single disc to PS3 and then separately for PS Vita.

StarsMine
04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
my ps3 is in virgina with my family... I should make them buy there own blu-ray player and take it back sometime.

Erdenay
04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Personally, FF8 is possibly still my favourite in the series, although FF IX and FF VII come close.

maynard
04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
ff9 ftw

brett friggin favre
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Blitzball...BLITZBALL!!! Fuck yes.

Xerenix
04-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Blitzball...BLITZBALL!!! Fuck yes.

They remade FF7 for PC with online features. Imagine if they remade Blitzball with online features? That would be fucking awesome.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-30-2013, 09:27 PM
They remade FF7 for PC with online features.

o.O i thought that project got scrapped.

Xerenix
05-01-2013, 05:21 AM
o.O i thought that project got scrapped.

Only the project with new graphics and such was scrapped. They just optimized the old FF7 to work with the latest hardware and Operating systems.

Costs about 6 bucks with the new Spring Deals.

http://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=250845500#.UYDtQbXOuSp

The RPG classic FINAL FANTASY VII returns to PC, now with brand new online features!

Achievements – Whether you´re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.

Cloud Saves – If you´re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off (Requires Internet Connection).

Character Booster – Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

Optimized for PC – FINAL FANTASY VII has been updated to support the latest hardware and Windows Operating Systems.

Nemesis
05-01-2013, 06:01 AM
FFX was sad. After FF9 picked up the ball when FF8 shit the bed I was excited to keep playing the series. And then the abortion with an X. FFX marked the end of the franchise and killed on of the greatest game series of all time. Everything after that has been on par with the holocaust; poorly executed and falling short of what it should have been.

The Japanese have always been pretty bad at story telling, and combining that with terrible voice acting has murdered what we have come to love, like adopting a black child.

Steamer
05-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I never finished X-2.

I felt it drawn out and it got very boring. 9 was the last ok one. The ball fell at 7. Final Fantasy Dimensions on Android is actually decent old school RPG style.

BladeTwinSwords
05-04-2013, 02:31 AM
I'm with MayMay on this one. Also FFV man.

Hitman
05-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Tidus.......and Auron........End love rant!

Also FUCKING BLITZBALL!!!!!