PDA

View Full Version : Shingeki no Kyojin

Bane of Soldiers
05-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah... if you aren't watching this, you should be. You owe it to yourself to have seen at least the first five episodes of this dark, gory, and twisted shounen. I have picked up the manga in my impatience for episode 6. Interesting enough, animation director Kyoji Asano (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Kimi ni Todoke, Guilty Crown, Psycho Pass) appears to have copied the manga's art style; whether this is good or not depends on the you, but, alongside the atmosphere and plot, the art works to set this show apart from the others.

OMG DAT EPISODE 5. WE NEED SPOILER TAGS

Xerenix
05-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Read the manga for a few months so i know it's good but haven't had time to watch the anime. How's the animation and censoring?

taz1stP
05-09-2013, 03:49 PM
yeah im up to it but i was so confused on what happened on last episode i was like how u gana kill that person.
so after this latest episode i was wondering what do u guys think is going to happen next ep?

Bane of Soldiers
05-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Read the manga for a few months so i know it's good but haven't had time to watch the anime. How's the animation and censoring?

I've only heard small pockets of protest against the animation and art done for the show. Another manga reader and I, on the other hand, have found the animation to be very satisfying. I don't think the 3D maneuver can be fully appreciated in the manga.

On that note, he said that the anime adaption has less blood and gore than the manga, but I didn't notice any significant adjustments from reading scans. But I am an amateur manga reader after all; I forgot that each panel would be relatively less detailed

Taz, I would have speculated with you but I am already on chapter 16 in the manga :icon_mrgreen:

taz1stP
05-12-2013, 10:37 PM
its cool man but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas

taz1stP
05-26-2013, 09:19 AM
after i have watched last ep i was like wtf did i miss are they like robots or something

Bane of Soldiers
05-26-2013, 07:45 PM
robots
Really, Taz?

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-31-2013, 05:57 AM
yea... most deff amazing. Already to ep 20.