PDA

View Full Version : GG Handicap

jwtemp
05-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Handicap seems broken. Several times over the weekend I've noticed players join and are immediately elevated to USP/Glock/Knife/nade level. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should never be the case right?

XX0wnsXY
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Handicap seems broken. Several times over the weekend I've noticed players join and are immediately elevated to USP/Glock/Knife/nade level. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should never be the case right?

were the majority of players on knife or nade?

jwtemp
05-05-2013, 08:03 PM
were the majority of players on knife or nade?

I'd say no, not the majority, maybe one or two on Glock/knife and the rest smattering throughout the lower ranks. It just seemed like after we changed the handicap a few months ago (to like half of its original 'value') late joiners were in the mid-teens at best, but normally would start closer to FAMAS/Galil. Now they seem to be on 21/22+ as soon as they join, and that makes getting to nade and stealing a game pretty easy, which I think is why we changed it in the first place. This change seems to have happened since Valve's latest major update/Zero getting the servers stable again.

I dunno, might require further testing for a definitive answer. There are a couple of other minor issues as well, such as the reason for a player's disconnect being completely unknown (I brought this to Zero's attention already) and the map votes no longer having number three as the first available option (hadn't mentioned that one yet). Perhaps both of these things are due to Valve's update and unchangeable though.

ZERO
05-06-2013, 01:15 AM
The map vote pluin was removed and replaced with a new one b/c the old one crashed and lagged the server and the developer basically ignores bug reports.

The rest is shit that valve has broken that I am working on fixing. I assume the handicap is the latest in valve breaking shit b/c no settings for that have been adjusted.

jwtemp
05-06-2013, 07:20 AM
I figured the map vote was intentional and you were aware but thought I'd mention it anyway. I'll try to get you confirmation of the handicap mod's 'tendencies' the next time I'm on.

Good ol' Valve! :banghead:

(in all seriousness though, Valve is probably better about these kinds of things than say, EA, haha)

StarsMine
05-06-2013, 06:12 PM
handicap should be two below the mean, so no one should ever be able to join @ glock.

Patmonster
05-09-2013, 06:33 AM
while we are on the topic of broken server mods, can we get the rtv fixed to where it can't happen after level 18.
There have been other posts but no answers yet.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-09-2013, 07:35 AM
while we are on the topic of broken server mods, can we get the rtv fixed to where it can't happen after level 18.
There have been other posts but no answers yet.

i don't remember it ever not allowing late RTV's. normally myself or another admin would cancel the rtv vote if there was someone past 18.

jwtemp
05-09-2013, 09:01 AM
i don't remember it ever not allowing late RTV's. normally myself or another admin would cancel the rtv vote if there was someone past 18.

When was the last time you played in the GunGame server? RTV was definitely impossible after someone reached pump shotgun (level eighteen) prior to the update. Definitely, I have no doubt in my mind about it. It wouldn't even register a vote if you typed 'rtv' into chat.

Regardless, it's up to Zero as far as his intentions go, and it makes sense that it was this way before if you think about it. Rocking the vote when someone is on level eighteen or above is just silly.

XX0wnsXY
05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
When was the last time you played in the GunGame server? RTV was definitely impossible after someone reached pump shotgun (level eighteen) prior to the update. Definitely, I have no doubt in my mind about it. It wouldn't even register a vote if you typed 'rtv' into chat.

Regardless, it's up to Zero as far as his intentions go, and it makes sense that it was this way before if you think about it. Rocking the vote when someone is on level eighteen or above is just silly.

unless that was a rather new implementation, i can recall several times that i had to ask people to not rtv, as some people were too far along.

Patmonster
05-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Ya I'm with JW on this one.

If you typed rtv after someone was on or past 18 it would show a message saying something about you not being able to do that. That's why I told people to get past level 18 quick on wootday map because players would always try and rtv off that map =p

jwtemp
05-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Is it possible no one was on pump shotty Owns? That was definitely the 'cut off' for RTV prior to April's update.