PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Mafia Sign ups

CYBER
05-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Tom's game is taking forever to setup...
So we're gonna mod this temp one until it's done because he wants as many people as possible in GoT one... and i'm being asked to PLAY it instead of modding it...
so we're modding this one .... i can have it ready in a day or 2 ...

Anyone in? please vote on the poll...

Nemesis
05-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Who asked you to play? You could cause less dmg if you were only allowed to watch

Rapedollar$
05-24-2013, 11:58 PM
eew.. i think ill just wait for the GoT game...

oh is there a way to force stipulations? as in, if player a-x agrees we can force the creator to not admit certain people to the game like say for instance nemesis?

Assassin
05-25-2013, 12:01 AM
^ I agree with this.

BladeTwinSwords
05-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Bastard, Non-Standard, Standard?

Erdenay
05-25-2013, 12:14 AM
I do not do bastard games unless I specifically state so. I plan to run this through my full balance procedure it, although it will include vanilla roles.

BladeTwinSwords
05-25-2013, 12:15 AM
So Non-Standard.

I'm game.

What
05-25-2013, 12:18 AM
So Non-Standard.

I'm game.

I'm not positive he was talking about this game or the one he is planning in response to why its taking so long.

Chikun
05-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Either way, I'm interested in how long till you fuckers kill me or for Nemesis to make stupid claims about how I ruin everything.

Nemesis
05-25-2013, 12:34 AM
eew.. i think ill just wait for the GoT game...

oh is there a way to force stipulations? as in, if player a-x agrees we can force the creator to not admit certain people to the game like say for instance nemesis?

You mean because I single-handedly carried our entire team while you did fuck all and sat on your ass? Yup, fear good players when you're bad.

What
05-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Well Carm and Scribble both kind of disappeared there, especially when their ass was on the line. Rape disappeared for a bit, but with the quick hammer role, it wasn't necessary for him to talk, but he could have really screwed us over had he not started to play. Masskid also getting himself killed was a big detriment, essentially out of 8 town, we had 3 MIA and 1 that couldn't control his own vote.

Chikun
05-25-2013, 12:41 AM
These mafia games really bring out the best in the community.

What
05-25-2013, 12:46 AM
I tried to save you chikun! I figured you would be a target, and I was right, but Dammit chikun, I'm a doctor, not a fire extinguisher.

Chikun
05-25-2013, 12:46 AM
I tried to save you chikun! I figured you would be a target, and I was right, but Dammit chikun, I'm a doctor, not a fire extinguisher.

Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MULMbqQ9LJ8

BladeTwinSwords
05-25-2013, 12:51 AM
It seems when people get shitty roles, they tend to disappear (Barring Scribble)

What
05-25-2013, 12:53 AM
Well VT i can see being a let down, especially if everyone else has powers, but fireman is kind of an important role thats mere presence provides valuable information.

brett friggin favre
05-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Not sure if I can keep up with this. Working 16 hr days...fuck no

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Not sure if I can keep up with this. Working 16 hr days...fuck no Quitter, is that 16 hours of quitting?

brett friggin favre
05-25-2013, 08:50 AM
16 hrs of working with Reginald from Night at the Museum and the bad guy from Fast Five.

SCRIBBLE
05-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Two shitty movies I am glad I did not watch. No to pokemon mafia, inspections have begun, too busy.

Masskid
05-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Tom post 1 mafia game and now it's all the rage apparently

CYBER
05-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Read this bcos that's my last post for a while.

When we finished the roman mafia game.
I went and i closed the thread because we were done with the game, i had already posted the night scenes, and i figured that the thread was gonna derail (as all ibis threads) to a flame war between sore losers, members, and the mods... the same way Tom's thread did.

I made the decision to close the thread so that we can move to the next game (which was supposed to be Tom's GoT game)...
The delay in that setup made blade do his own thing... and with the response i saw in blade's thread, i learned that no matter what we do as mods, people will never be happy... and people will keep questioning shit ... especially the losers... hell ... i did.
and nemesis keeps doing it ...and so do others..

so before we even think about making another new game... no matter who the mod is, you guys (and myself) need to learn smthn from our mistakes...

so i went ahead and asked clan to reopen theRoman Mafia Thread (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/10957-Roman-Scum-quot-The-Mafia-Game.-quot-(REGISTERED-PLAYERS-only-here))so that u guys can discuss what went wrong, and point out any things u wish we could have done better so that we learn from ur feedback and u learn from ours...
GO THERE. it's open.

No point in making any more mafia games if we keep creating problems in each game without learning... if it's gonna cause co-mods to never talk to eachother again bcos of misunderstandings...

What had a lot to talk about for you guys, to tell you where people excelled and where they fucked up, and i apologize to him for closing the thread without consulting him first... i sometimes make stupid decisions that don't seem that harmful at the time.... instead, it made him look like crap when others were talking to him and he wanted to reply on a closed thread...

What was a gd co-mod, he did his best, he followed the rules, and he had to endure me and my mistakes ffs... that's saying a lot.
You guys need to show some understanding, not to me, but for him bcos i let him down a few times simply bcos i got bored of arguing with nemesis and aco and others in a circular arguement that wasn't going anywhere bcos we're all fuckjobs and stubborn as fuck....

im giving What the chance to do his thing, meanwhile, im out of this mafia crap until things are resolved...

When i first wanted to mod these, it was to have fun and keep the community active... but if shit's gonna cause problems between members and friends...bcos ppl are sore losers or show offs... its not worth it .

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

fucking forums broke my post -.-.

1 last thing... The nemesis-What thing?
all full of shit.
i don't have anything against nem or anyone, but nemesis claimed that What intentionally didn't let aco get recruited by nem in the game.

that's not true. and Nem knows that.
I had Tom erdenay keep a backup of every possible trigger i could think of before the game. and we had decided on that ruling that aco was unrecruiteablle long before nem was the cult.. and long before What and nem had their arguements on tom's thread...
and What didn't just go and said "fuck nem, let's screw him over"... we followed the triggers we had...
In fact.. What did what was supposed to do, and it's to tell nemesis to not question him bcos that would be revealing info... and we talked before about cornering the mod with questions... it's a no no... but noooooooooo... nem wouldn't let go and he kept bashing heads with What instead of trusting in him, bcos NEM had a personal issue with What...

What sent me his private messages with nem, and so did nem... it's funny bcos What wasn't a dick to nem and covering his ass... he was responding to nemesis being... well... nemesis. the same we all do.
i wanted to say that before but this got lost in soo much debate that i never had the chance to confirm what's words...

Nem thought otherwise and called What Bs... i talked to him privately and proved him otherwise because he went behind us to talk to Tom and ask him if that was legit.
Tom had the proof on him and showed nemesis that our ruling was decided before hand and that no mod-manipulation was involved with aco's crap... now again, it was probably dumb to not have aco recruited bcos that's a first? but that's not ur fucking problem, that's ours. the same way blade made his arsenist a mafia member... all mods have their own thing... don't call What bs just bcos it didn't go ur way...

So yeah... the funny part is that Nem KNEW that i proved him wrong.. and Tom showed him that we didnt manipulate his crap and we told him to let it go and move along... instead.. he keeps all THAT shit private and goes on putting lies out there about What and never retracting them...
so for those questioning him? stfu and stop being an idiot... ask tom for ur proof, im done argueing about this.

What wants to discuss further? by all means, he earned the right, and let him have a ball with u guys to prove nem and others wrong... but im out of all that useless shit that always happens in ibis bcos of ppl being butthurt.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm out of town right now so I can't post walls with my phone but what cyber said is pretty much a lie. Ill post more tonight or tomorrow.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 07:05 AM
The IBIS community, like most communities on the internet, has a vice and that vice is pride. Consequently, obstinance and pigheaded quarreling will continue to be the nature of the game until everyone embraces humbleness and practices humility. I hate typing on phones.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 09:57 AM
cyber is trying really hard to throw nem under the bus. It is odd, if no wrong was done you should not have to wall of text justify yourself or actions.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

cyber is trying really hard to throw nem under the bus. It is odd, if no wrong was done you should not have to wall of text justify yourself or actions.
What scrib says holds 100% truth. It shines brighter in a few select people then most. Poor sportsmanship and repetitive insults ruin these games.

Also, cyber.. you speak as if you control all ibis members ability to play mafia games.....

Id also like to point out how during your game, what power housed and swung his cock like he was some god. Messaging me in attempts to control me and my contribution to the game. If you are a mod and give a time guideline.. dont harass your players because they choose to honor your "48 hours to send in actions/make a lynch"

This all has little to do with the players and alot more to do with the mods knowing how to be efficient leaders.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

what needs to learn to be less insulting and admit when he is wrong.

Cyber needs to not be so emotional over some forum games, that for the most part... are enjoyed by all. I dont think nem can deny not having a pretty fair time playing that last game. Im almost certain that when summer officially hits and players have more time to participate in these games, they will be much better. In the mean time cyber, i dont think it is alllll of ussss that needs to change but rather you who needs to change.

BladeTwinSwords
05-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I have to wholeheartedly agree with Scribble. Drama may be commonplace in IBIS but that is no excuse for being a sore loser.

Granted, in my game I rushed people to give me their night actions. But that was only because they were either one of two or the last one to send in their actions.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 10:23 AM
i mean no disrespect in the above statements. If a synopsis of each player is what you want, then ill give it a go. It will be very brief.

Chikun: He is clever and his ability to make the right call is astounding. The issue though is that he lacks in his ability to persuade other players into trusting his claims and calls on other players.

Nem: Is extremely clever and knows how to manipulate a game in his favor. His issue lies in his inability to cooperate from time to time, along side constant conflict and arguing.

Cyber: Generally makes the right call but can easily persuade people to follow the opposite with his giant jumbled posts. Being more convicted with your decision making will hep you as a player and even more as a leader/mod.

What: Same caliber of player as nem, with an added ability to control a conversation, preventing that conversation from swaying in the wrong direction. Downfalls maybe be due to insults/superiority complex, coupled with underestimating opponents and players.

Scribb: Hasnt really played much as he has been one of the first to go but feel his cunning and leadership qualities would prove formidable if given a chance to make it past day 2....

Masskid: Just likes being the first to die, good at manipulating the masses right off the bat then hanging low. Downfall is choosing to target himself by makeing scens.

Blackmage: Very good at deductive reasoning and using it to persuade players

Brett: Very good at randomly being chosen as mafia, at keeping a low profile, and defending himself.

i forget others and leave myself out of this for others to say.

Also one more thing

first, blade. Forcing players hands like that dosnt help. For example, in your game, being able to hold off tell the last min to send in my actions is a strategy. Example. If all three of us had been living come day 4, i was going to wait to send in the kill action until all three of us were online at the exact same time, then quick lynch a town. being able to manipulate and control the night and day phases with intentional stalling is a viable stratagey that should not be thwarted becuase others cry.

Also, cyber, i have a pretty simple solution for you. create a rule for future mafia games. the rule is as follows.

rules!!1
1. wsegaegh
2. wsdgsgweh
3. wegg
4. You role is your role, your ability description will hold everything you need to know about your role. any question asked about your ability or role will be ignored. If questions persist punishment shall be mod kill.

I think from now on, being more descriptive with your ability and role descriptions is needed to prevent things like what happened in your game.
if there is a hidden modifier, then it is exactly what it entails... HIDDEN.
here is an example of a role description.

Role: Bob,
Town Doctor
Ability: You reserve the right to protect any player of your choosing from a gun shot kill. You may use this ability on only 1 person a night on as many nights as you are alive.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Chikun
05-26-2013, 11:53 AM
I think more clear descriptions on roles and less reliance on a wiki that contains numerous bullshit abilities would make a cleaner game. Less use of it as a bible and more use of it as a reference would seem to be ideal.

Thank you for the compliment Mikey, you play well also.

What
05-26-2013, 12:48 PM
There is nothing wrong with Hidden modifiers or roles. Certain roles need to be hidden, such as Judas, or those roles could never be used. Modifiers also make for a more interesting game. Part of the fun is trying to figure out the modifiers.
For instance in Blade's game, I was a weak doctor. Had someone I protected died at night I would have to think of why they may have happened and adjust my game accordingly. If such modifiers were not hidden, such as Insane Cop or Naive doctor, there would be no point in having them. There is nothing wrong with making a game more complex.
That being said, people really need to calm down and pay attention to the rules. People have a tendency to start yapping and reveal too much info after a vote for a lynch reaches its max amount, but what this does is screw over the mods who need to scramble to get you to shut up so they have time to write a scene and send info if a hidden role or ability has come into play. As long as all hidden roles and modifiers are recorded and sent to a third party, like we did with tom and I think Blade did as well, there is no problem, no manipulation, no issues.

Also The type of player someone is in no way reflects the type of mod that person is. When I modded I never once used profanity in a PM or talked down to anyone. Did I have to post things in the thread to get people to shut up once in awhile? Yes. Could that be interpreted as me being a douche? Possibly, but the only way to assure that information is not leaked is to put up a blank wall of standard text and warnings, or else you may do what Blade did and at night post "there are no hidden roles" in response to Brett's complaints, which appear unfounded by the way. While this didn't come into play instances like that is why I tried to keep a tight leash on Cyber from posting things in the thread, especially when he was arguing with people for how long it took Jesus to rise which IMO would seem to immediately confirm that yes something funny will happen to Jesus in the game. Overall people need to just have fun, and calm the fuck down until the end of the game. You may think you knew what was going on while you were alive, and you may think your death reveals something else, but it doesn't. Just sit back and enjoy the ride and talk afterwards. People assume too often that the mod is playing the game along with everyone, when I have yet to see a case of this happening. A mod simply creates something and watches it develop, and attempts to keep people in line so what they worked on isnt ruined or shit all over.

Blackmage
05-26-2013, 01:18 PM
*Cough* Roman thread is locked again *cough*

One problem we have is that we have a small group of people. Between the 4 games, we've had 20 participants, including Tom, with at least 3 only being in one of the games.

On the modding side of thing, I strongly disagree with short days. It kills conversation. It forces rash decisions instead of well thought out ones. Well, unless it's C9 and there's not much to discuss.

As an aside on mods sending messages, I didn't notice till after the game that Cyber had posted on my steam comments page that I hadn't sent in my night action. Mods probably shouldn't be posting things like that in public places. Reduces the number of fake claims I could make.

I agree with Chikun, people need to realize that the wiki is a guide, not a rulebook. Mafia abilities can be anything the GMs want. Hidden abilities are always a possibility. Red herrings too. Just because you see a counter doesn't mean what it counters is in the game. Another thing to realize is, mafiascum is not the only version of Mafia. Mods can pull roles from a variety of places.

On my thoughts on people, they will learn. People will learn to be more devious. They'll learn how to make themselves not be good targets for mafia. They'll learn what makes a good lynching target first couple of days. What they choose for each of these things will be different person to person. As long as people keep grudges out, I really don't care what they're doing, as long as they're doing something. That, and they need to shut up at night.

Mikey: IMO "Rule 4" would be a BAD rule. Mods are human, they make mistakes. Sometimes, roles are not totally clear. Mods may leave something out on accident. However, something like "How any role interacts with anything else" would work.

What, the fact that people need to send the information to stop manipulation is a sad reflection that the players think that would happen.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 01:40 PM
*Cough* Roman thread is locked again *cough*

One problem we have is that we have a small group of people. Between the 4 games, we've had 20 participants, including Tom, with at least 3 only being in one of the games.

On the modding side of thing, I strongly disagree with short days. It kills conversation. It forces rash decisions instead of well thought out ones. Well, unless it's C9 and there's not much to discuss.

As an aside on mods sending messages, I didn't notice till after the game that Cyber had posted on my steam comments page that I hadn't sent in my night action. Mods probably shouldn't be posting things like that in public places. Reduces the number of fake claims I could make.

I agree with Chikun, people need to realize that the wiki is a guide, not a rulebook. Mafia abilities can be anything the GMs want. Hidden abilities are always a possibility. Red herrings too. Just because you see a counter doesn't mean what it counters is in the game. Another thing to realize is, mafiascum is not the only version of Mafia. Mods can pull roles from a variety of places.

On my thoughts on people, they will learn. People will learn to be more devious. They'll learn how to make themselves not be good targets for mafia. They'll learn what makes a good lynching target first couple of days. What they choose for each of these things will be different person to person. As long as people keep grudges out, I really don't care what they're doing, as long as they're doing something. That, and they need to shut up at night.

Mikey: IMO "Rule 4" would be a BAD rule. Mods are human, they make mistakes. Sometimes, roles are not totally clear. Mods may leave something out on accident. However, something like "How any role interacts with anything else" would work.

What, the fact that people need to send the information to stop manipulation is a sad reflection that the players think that would happen.
i can see why you could think it harsh but just like every other rule book iv seen, there is minimal room for error on the leaders part, or mods in this case. it was a run of the mill idea to help future mods control and prevent some of the things that have happened. I also disagree with mods being able to contact players about sending in there actions. The mods give a time deadline at the end of there scene, if a player does not make that deadline, they snooze they lose. i myself think using that time is an advantage. Example, i specifically hold off sending in my action because if i send in my action before going to bed, everyone else may send theres in too. This results in the beginning of a day and discussions where im not a apart of or able to defend myself. Or using it so that i send in my action in hopes it is the last and then can get the first post in for the day, in hopes to accomplish what ever it is i am trying.

Less mod intervention = Better and more interesting games.

(ofc mods would need to intervene in the event rules are broken. I look at these first 3 games as "Testing the waters" I have high hopes for toms game after we hash out our opinions and quarrels here.

What
05-26-2013, 01:49 PM

I agree Blackmage, but when people decide to act childish and throw around accusations, it becomes a necessity.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

And yeah its locked again, no idea what the fucks going on there, but if you have any questions pertaining to it you can ask me here.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 02:18 PM
What, the fact that people need to send the information to stop manipulation is a sad reflection that the players think that would happen.I do not want to throw CYBER and Blade under the bus but cyber told me chikun's alignment during the roman game and blade decided to change how my role worked mid-game (I could only scavenge each item once originally and it was reset mid-game and I was told afterwards that I should scavenge and hope I get the gun, which I did). It DOES happen, mistake or not.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Cyber, I'm wondering why you call me out here in public yet you've been PMing me begging to just let things go. Make up your mind.

CYBER
05-26-2013, 02:23 PM
There is nothing wrong with Hidden modifiers or roles. Certain roles need to be hidden, such as Judas, or those roles could never be used. Modifiers also make for a more interesting game. Part of the fun is trying to figure out the modifiers.
For instance in Blade's game, I was a weak doctor. Had someone I protected died at night I would have to think of why they may have happened and adjust my game accordingly. If such modifiers were not hidden, such as Insane Cop or Naive doctor, there would be no point in having them. There is nothing wrong with making a game more complex.
That being said, people really need to calm down and pay attention to the rules. People have a tendency to start yapping and reveal too much info after a vote for a lynch reaches its max amount, but what this does is screw over the mods who need to scramble to get you to shut up so they have time to write a scene and send info if a hidden role or ability has come into play. As long as all hidden roles and modifiers are recorded and sent to a third party, like we did with tom and I think Blade did as well, there is no problem, no manipulation, no issues.

Also The type of player someone is in no way reflects the type of mod that person is. When I modded I never once used profanity in a PM or talked down to anyone. Did I have to post things in the thread to get people to shut up once in awhile? Yes. Could that be interpreted as me being a douche? Possibly, but the only way to assure that information is not leaked is to put up a blank wall of standard text and warnings, or else you may do what Blade did and at night post "there are no hidden roles" in response to Brett's complaints, which appear unfounded by the way. While this didn't come into play instances like that is why I tried to keep a tight leash on Cyber from posting things in the thread, especially when he was arguing with people for how long it took Jesus to rise which IMO would seem to immediately confirm that yes something funny will happen to Jesus in the game. Overall people need to just have fun, and calm the fuck down until the end of the game. You may think you knew what was going on while you were alive, and you may think your death reveals something else, but it doesn't. Just sit back and enjoy the ride and talk afterwards. People assume too often that the mod is playing the game along with everyone, when I have yet to see a case of this happening. A mod simply creates something and watches it develop, and attempts to keep people in line so what they worked on isnt ruined or shit all over.

THIS.
Now i agree that I went overboard with a few modifiers because my whole game was to get people to learn to think outside the box...
another reason was because : people who are Vanilla Townies tend to walk away from the thread... this not only tells others that the role they had is un-interesting, but really hampers the conversation... so i made sure everyone had a role in that, including Chikun, judas and aco.
That being said, had we TOLD chikun about his judas crap, then the game would have changed, when it was Chikun vs Brett, he probably would have thrown the game by making sure he get's lynched to guarantee him winning...

The same when it comes to insane cops, or Bleeders (look it up), so yeah... we cannot send in the full roles sometimes.

What if i sent out acolyte that he was baby jesus and gonna becomes restless spirit and that he cannot be recruited in 1 pm?
What would have happened:
1- i would have accidentally disclosed the existence of a cult leader who will be screwed over early in game bcos what cult relies on the most is subtlety.
2- Aco would have went ahead and got himself killed on day 1 to guarantee his resurection with no consequences... it basically removed any decision making on day 1 because that would be the ideal move, and no other.
etc...
So nem would have been screwed over early on if we disclosed everything in all the PMs... now i ask nem if he thinks it would have been better to tell aco that in order to prove that this was thought beforehand... at the cost of nem's cult existence being revealed.
--------------------

Blackmage, im getting it unlocked.. i dnt know what's going on with that thread... it's as if maynard is sleepwalking again and closing shit up in his sleep lol... ( he just wrote me LIVE and he's closing the ones that have ended bcos he doesnt want us spamming the forums with chain mafia threads all active...) so if it gets closed, keep the talk here.

And what What said was true, nem sent out msgs, What quoted me those msgs and they were not him being a dick imo. Nem had it coming with the way he kept pressing the mod buttons and had to be replaced (even when i strongly believed that he could just be warned, but he wouldn't budge)...

@MIKEY, where do u get off that What was being power hungry in his modding? If anything i was the one trying to enforce to not question the mod as i posted about it a few times... And even then, i didn't say it out of power hungryness, i have enough power already thank u very much. i posted it as a general tip as Blackmage mentionned to stop argueing with the mod bcos usually it doesnt end well,,, whether intended or not, as what happened with nem... had he waited till the end of the game, he wouldn't have been replaced for constantly fabricating that we screwed him over... What tried to tell him that, i saw the damn msgs, hell i wrote nem a billion times to relax... but nem was just being nem..

that bein said mikey, im not trying to throw nem under the bus. you see THATS THE WHOLE PROBLEM WITH THIS GODFORSAKEN COMMUNITY... as soon as u try to explain smthn or prove smthn, some random idiot jumps to the conclusion that the person is hating on someone else... Why does every think that others are trying to screw them over? It's a game, nem did wrong. nem got replaced. It's this very idea of "oh he's holding a grudge, or intentionally throwing someone under the bus" that's ruining evreything nice we try to make.. bcos had it not been to that mentality, Nem wouldn't have kept insisting that What is screwing him over...

Everyone stop hating for a moment and THINK. and LISTEN to what What is trying to say.

Nem im not lying and u know it... but again , i dnt have anything against u , im just stating what happened.

What
05-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Well scribble, I am not aware of Cyber having done that, I wonder if he did that when you died already though?
And as far as having to reset the abilities, in the model form it may appear as if everything is well balanced and worked out, and you don't realize an error until the game gets underway. In that situation you have the choice of either keeping the mistake and possibly ruining the game, or fixing it as soon as possible. It is also possible that there was an error when he wrote your role info, or possibly didnt make it as explicit as he had intended to, in which case he would not be changing what your role was, but adjusting it to what it was supposed to be in the first place.

CYBER
05-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Cyber, I'm wondering why you call me out here in public yet you've been PMing me begging to just let things go. Make up your mind.

i wrote u a billion times to stop argueing with What bcos u were wrong and i just didnt want to throw the game away bcos there was a chance for u to not be respectful and just go ahead and disclose roles if u were replaced.
But u kept insisting that What screwed u over and by consequence that he was being a poor mod...
And that reflex badly on us... I was hoping that it was just a temp hate for losing a game ... sore losing-talk...
but after days since the roman mafia ended, i still see the same issues coming up again and integrity being questionned, whether what, or mine or blades etc... just bcos of the modifiers... and for that, i need u to say ur side of the story nem, and What say his, i already said that u should have backed down nem and it was ur fault to begin with, but i'd be happy to keep saying that until u realize that im not tryin to be a dick to u , but trying to prove that what didn't screw u over.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Cyber, you actually supported me when I was going off about the bullshit What was pulling. Right before you told me what you had planned for Aco. You did plan to screw me over regardless of when you came up with it.

If Tom knew what you were gonna do, why was he so surprised when I brought it up to him? I checked with him first if it was indeed cheating and I didn't press it till he said it was.

Games with quirks are fun but wen you just throw as many of them in as you can everything gets disjointed and fucked up.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Well scribble, I am not aware of Cyber having done that, I wonder if he did that when you died already though?
And as far as having to reset the abilities, in the model form it may appear as if everything is well balanced and worked out, and you don't realize an error until the game gets underway. In that situation you have the choice of either keeping the mistake and possibly ruining the game, or fixing it as soon as possible. It is also possible that there was an error when he wrote your role info, or possibly didnt make it as explicit as he had intended to, in which case he would not be changing what your role was, but adjusting it to what it was supposed to be in the first place.

it was after i died but does it make a difference? like i told cyber, it brings to light that mod integrity is not what is expected.

blade made it quite clear how the role worked as i questioned the mechanics of the role to great length. error or not, this is the exact issue the mods so far have said does not happen and have gone to great lengths to defend that position.

What
05-26-2013, 02:58 PM
it was after i died but does it make a difference? like i told cyber, it brings to light that mod integrity is not what is expected.

blade made it quite clear how the role worked as i questioned the mechanics of the role to great length. error or not, this is the exact issue the mods so far have said does not happen and have gone to great lengths to defend that position.

the players are not blameless either, player integrity was questionable in nearly every game though not as apparent as a mistake made by the mods.

Scribble, the amount of time and unforseen issues, especially involving players going crazy and attempting to ruin the game of others, will ensure that no game ever runs perfectly smoothly. What I suggest is that we give this game a chance that Cyber came up with. And everyone actually follow the rules and not call bullshit when they dont know what the whole setup was/ He can forward everything to a third party again, and this should establish once and for all if everyone just calms the fuck down and trys to enjoy the game for what it is, a game, then these can be a lot of fun. If he screws the pooch on this one, makng shit up or having it comlpetely unbalanced, then maybe some of your (not just you people in general) objections will hold water, but if it proves to be what I, Cyber, Blade and even Tom claim to be true, that is fun and enjoyable whether or not you win or lose, then I would expect everyone to actually use reason and logic to understand that not everyone is going to have their way in a game and that is not due to anything other than all games involving rules,a setup, winners and losers.

The point of these games is that there are verifiable unknowns, so people can think they know what is happening or whats going to happen, so when it turns out they were wrong, they are quick to complain that someone must have fucked with something since there is no way they were interpreting things incorrectly. That is childish and pretty easily proved false. So just try and actually have fun, instead of stressing out over things you can't control. If people are assholes or cheats, that will come out, if they are not, then that will come put as well.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 03:23 PM
i stated in the first mafia thread that these issues were kinks that need to be worked out the first few games. mistakes will happen and none so far have ruined the game. i am not entirely sure the point you are trying to make with your last post What. i am also not entirely sure you understand what i am trying to convey as it seems as if you are insinuating i am complaining and ignorant to the mechanics of moderating a mafia game.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

if i am wrong as to your understanding of what i said or what i believe you are insinuating then please say so as that is not apparent from your post.

What
05-26-2013, 03:23 PM
i stated in the first mafia thread that these issues were kinks that need to be worked out the first few games. mistakes will happen and none so far have ruined the game. i am not entirely sure the point you are trying to make with your last post What. i am also not entirely sure you understand what i am trying to convey as it seems as if you are insinuating i am complaining and ignorant to the mechanics of moderating a mafia game.
I am not, and most of response was not directed towards you, just more of a general response. These kinks which you acknowledge and understand didn't ruin the games are the same issues some people view as malicious interventions which have ruined games

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 03:25 PM
10-4, in that case belay my last

CYBER
05-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Scribbs. U were askin me if u were right about chikun being mafia in that game. U corbered me into wither answering u mid conversation or ignoring to answe and thus giving u an answer. An what i told u was that: "its funny bcos poor chikun thinks he's VT when he could change the tide of his game when he knows which side to play on." And to ADD onto that : u were a dead player, if u were to disclose smthn while dead then that's on u.... I dnt mean to go against u either but what do expect a mod to say when u corner them halfway in an unrelated convo and ask if u were right about someone being mafia. Seeing tha u were dead, i let it slide, but thats what happens. When u corner a mod, u force him to either lie to u, say te truth, half a truth etc just to let it go

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Cyber, you actually supported me when I was going off about the bullshit What was pulling. Right before you told me what you had planned for Aco. You did plan to screw me over regardless of when you came up with it. If Tom knew what you were gonna do, why was he so surprised when I brought it up to him? I checked with him first if it was indeed cheating and I didn't press it till he said it was.Games with quirks are fun but wen you just throw as many of them in as you can everything gets disjointed and fucked up. have you even talked to tom recently sunshine? He reas the first part of a ruleset were he thought u were right, but had he read the whole thing he'd see that what and i had a convo and the recruitment got change in the SAME file as tom didnt complete reading. I'd like tom to post the quoted pm here and color the 2 distinct part he got confused on initially when he wrote u. Also, tom told me he had been talking to u, and he told me that he proved u wrong, so why are u still thinking we screwed u over? As to what? I was telling u what u needed to hear such as "u think what is screwing u over in the game bcos if ur history" bcos i was trying to calm u down so that u dnt go anythig stupid. And i told u to stop talkin to WHAT because YOU felt like u had problems with him so i told u that u can direct all issues to ne if u dnt trust in Wha being professional, but u still kept callin what a cuny and nigger. Am i right?

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Actually I never spoke to him again. Apparently the sand just continued to fester in his vagina.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Actually, I started the convoy with laughing at my bad timing with my response when I was lynched then said "and chikun... Smooth move" at which you responded with, and I quote directly from the saved convo, "lol. chikun is a poor poor bastard. i love how he hinted at how he's hating this game:P. funny is that he's actually a town NTHN right now. and he's been bitching ever since to m. me. ergh... i shouldnt have told u that. in case u were gonna come back later... Keep a lid on this for now." I did not corner you into anything and for you to try and shift blame really reinforces my point concerning humbleness and humility.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Nor did I ever question his role after I died.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Also, this is exactly what I am talking about in reference to mod integrity being questionable.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Cyber you also are having a really hard time understanding that just because you didn't set out to screw me over specifically, your choices were flawed and your game was unbalanced. Regardless of your initial intentions having set pieces that needed to be controlled to work is not the way this game is suppose to work.

What
05-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Actually I never spoke to him again. Apparently the sand just continued to fester in his vagina.

I can say you never talked to me after the mod kill, but prior to it you certainly did act your same old self, you were warned, dared me to do something about it, then did exactly what you were told not to do again. You received notice as to what actions and statements would not be tolerated, felt that you could dismiss those warnings and do as you felt like. You thought you were calling my bluff, but you were incorrect, and though you did again state that we manipulated the game in your final post, you did at least have the decency not to ruin the game by revealing your role and what not.

This was another situation, where if everyone had just kept silent until the end, and allowed the synopsis and story to be posted, they would have seen how and why everything worked the way it did.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 04:00 PM
I can say you never talked to me after the mod kill, but prior to it you certainly did act your same old self, you were warned, dared me to do something about it, then did exactly what you were told not to do again. You received notice as to what actions and statements would not be tolerated, felt that you could dismiss those warnings and do as you felt like. You thought you were calling my bluff, but you were incorrect, and though you did again state that we manipulated the game in your final post, you did at least have the decency not to ruin the game by revealing your role and what not.

This was another situation, where if everyone had just kept silent until the end, and allowed the synopsis and story to be posted, they would have seen how and why everything worked the way it did.

Bullshit, prove it. If you think lines like "with these mods we should expect bullshit" is enough to get your panties in a wad you should take this as a learning experience and keep out of the mod business.

Second how would a synopsis help? Saying "we did this so something could happen" does not justify what you did. If Taking action against players who don't have the faith of the game in their best interests is fine then the mods should be held to the same standards.

What
05-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Bullshit, prove it. If you think lines like "with these mods we should expect bullshit" is enough to get your panties in a wad you should take this as a learning experience and keep out of the mod business.

I told you I had no issue with those statements, but that you directly stating in the thread that either I or Cyber was manipulating the game was not appropriate and would not be tolerated. And prove it? Ok, I'll forward the messages to scribble.

CYBER
05-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Cyber you also are having a really hard time understanding that just because you didn't set out to screw me over specifically, your choices were flawed and your game was unbalanced. Regardless of your initial intentions having set pieces that needed to be controlled to work is not the way this game is suppose to work. So let me get this straight. This entire time u're bitching at the legit game RULINGS screwing u over?? Seriously? U're saying that all this bitchin is bcos u think the cult role was supposed to recruit all no questions asked? We'll i'd like u to know that there ARE cult counters suh as an enforcer or a townie role that kills anyone who recruits him etc... I can send u the link when i get to the pc. But its just to let u know that there ARE roles and modifiers that go against cult, and when we told u aco is unrecruitable, u screamed BULLSHIT! ..... In fact, this is where u went wron bcos as far u know here might have been a role that does EXACTLY what i said before (from epic mafia which tom adores).... So by questioning mod ruling, not only did u create a chance to fish for info as to whether such anti-cult role exists, but u kelt persisting on it instead of backing the fuck down and THINK whether there's such a rolw or ruling involved for a reason. And i love how u think it was unbalanced for chlt seeing as hsually cult wins most games if it survives to day 3, and that's with the existence of anti cult.... In this game only aco was unrecruitable. Tom thinks the ruling was bad? That's his opinion. Bu as long as the ruling was there and written beforehand, that was all tom had to do. The ruling was made by What and i, regardless of whether tom thinks he should been recruitable or not, and whether YOU think he ahould have been recruited or not. It was a mod ruling. Tom wasnt the mod. He was a third party with files, no more than a dropbox really (no offence tom). So u enforce the rulings the MODS tell u to, not a third party who happens to have a ruling that fits ur personal preferences....

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 04:09 PM
I told you I had no issue with those statements, but that you directly stating in the thread that either I or Cyber was manipulating the game was not appropriate and would not be tolerated. And prove it? Ok, I'll forward the messages to scribble.

No no. Not the PMs. Cyber said it was from things said in public. I wanna see those. And you DID manipulate the game. Just because you decided it before hand doesn't make it ok.

Just admit you fucked up. I had dropped this a while ago but for some reason the two of you keep bringing it back up.

What
05-26-2013, 04:12 PM
No no. Not the PMs. Cyber said it was from things said in public. I wanna see those. And you DID manipulate the game. Just because you decided it before hand doesn't make it ok.

Just admit you fucked up. I had dropped this a while ago but for some reason the two of you keep bringing it back up.

What? Its not manipulation to set out rules and regulations to provide balance based on the roles involved. Just because you didn't get your way doesn't mean things were manipulated, it means you didn't know as much as you thought you did. You just can never handle being wrong, and when it happens, as it often does, you immediately need to lash out to try and preserve your facade of intelligence.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Cyber, you've played one game, please, please stop talking like you have any fucking idea what you're talking about when it comes to this game. There's a reason why rules are in place that people can't mod until they've payed for months.

And you really should smarten up. I still haven't posted the things you asked me not to.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

What? Its not manipulation to set out rules and regulations to provide balance based on the roles involved. Just because you didn't get your way doesn't mean things were manipulated, it means you didn't know as much as you thought you did. You just can never handle being wrong, and when it happens, as it often does, you immediately need to lash out to try and preserve your facade of intelligence.

Why does everyone else agree that what you did what utter bullshit, yet you can't see it? You fucked with the game and changed a key element for your own amusement. The game is not for the mods but for the players. You seemed to have missed that lesson.

What
05-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Why does everyone else agree that what you did what utter bullshit, yet you can't see it? You fucked with the game and changed a key element for your own amusement. The game is not for the mods but for the players. You seemed to have missed that lesson.

Everyone does not see that, since it is not the case. Nothing was changed for our amusement or personal reasons as you continue to falsely claim. Things were changed to provide balance while allowing a maximum number of weird and different roles. The game was designed to be fun, and since you didn't have a clear romp to victory you seem to feel that you were cheated. Grow up nem, you can't always flip the board when you dont have your way.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Everyone does not see that, since it is not the case. Nothing was changed for our amusement or personal reasons as you continue to falsely claim. Things were changed to provide balance while allowing a maximum number of weird and different roles. The game was designed to be fun, and since you didn't have a clear romp to victory you seem to feel that you were cheated. Grow up nem, you can't always flip the board when you dont have your way.

Even though I continued to play, never outing four other players and kept it all in PMs rather than calling you out?

You fucked up and should be held accountable and answered some god damned questions. Instead you were a coward and acted like one.

Throwing a bunch of shit in a box isn't a daily balanced game.

Look at how many people you've turned off with your game. Now you can't even get enough people to run another one. I think that's a pretty clear indication of how it was run.

What
05-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Even though I continued to play, never outing four other players and kept it all in PMs rather than calling you out?

You fucked up and should be held accountable and answered some god damned questions. Instead you were a coward and acted like one.

Throwing a bunch of shit in a box isn't a daily balanced game.

Look at how many people you've turned off with your game. Now you can't even get enough people to run another one. I think that's a pretty clear indication of how it was run.

People were turned off from your lies, and accusations that went reproached due to the fucking thread being closed. People can complain all the want while the game is going on, but until its over, and all roles and situations have been explained, their complaints do not have weight. You can't possibly claim with certainty things are fucked up unless you have all of the info, you didn't no one did during the game, and they still dont. Which is why i offered to write something up and answer any questions people may have had in order to put their worries to rest.

Lets no forget, Mikey was certain the roles weren't given randomly, yet he was proved wrong,
You claimed I made up the conversion of aco on the fly, you were proven wrong, yet aco still believed you for some reason despite your reputation.
Any other issues that people have can be answered and the decisions vindicated.
Again nem, grow up.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 04:32 PM
If I host a game and your mafia I tell you that you can kill someone, but secretly I have said that you're a reverse mafia and instead you kill yourself! Isn't that tricky? Wow what a twist! I bet you sure are happy you partook in this fun game arnt you?!?

No, you feel cheated because that's a bullshit thing to do and serves no purpose but to cunt things up. And that What, is what you did.

What
05-26-2013, 04:35 PM
If I host a game and your mafia I tell you that you can kill someone, but secretly I have said that you're a reverse mafia and instead you kill yourself! Isn't that tricky? Wow what a twist! I bet you sure are happy you partook in this fun game arnt you?!?

No, you feel cheated because that's a bullshit thing to do and serves no purpose but to cunt things up. And that What, is what you did.

Isn't what happened nem, your using hyperbole, so yeah grow up and throw your tantrum elsewhere. As someone even said during the game "What idiot would think you can convert jesus?" In this game more information was apparent in the names of the characters than in others, but nobody wanted to see it. Also, really man, as a cult leader, we are going to make a role that paves the way for you to have a confirmed townie on your side? Don't you think that would be a little too obvious and unbalanced as all hell? You didn't think things through, you reacted by instinct, and you hopefully learned something.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 04:35 PM
People were turned off from your lies, and accusations that went reproached due to the fucking thread being closed. People can complain all the want while the game is going on, but until its over, and all roles and situations have been explained, their complaints do not have weight. You can't possibly claim with certainty things are fucked up unless you have all of the info, you didn't no one did during the game, and they still dont. Which is why i offered to write something up and answer any questions people may have had in order to put their worries to rest.

Lets no forget, Mikey was certain the roles weren't given randomly, yet he was proved wrong,
You claimed I made up the conversion of aco on the fly, you were proven wrong, yet aco still believed you for some reason despite your reputation.
Any other issues that people have can be answered and the decisions vindicated.
Again nem, grow up.

Aaaand now you refuse to comment further because you know your wrong. Calling me a liar is a nice touch, yet everything I've said has been proven. So please, keep trying to discredit me and prove that your game wasn't fixed from the start, even though you both admitted it was.

What
05-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Aaaand now you refuse to comment further because you know your wrong. Calling me a liar is a nice touch, yet everything I've said has been proven. So please, keep trying to discredit me and prove that your game wasn't fixed from the start, even though you both admitted it was.

Um what have you said that has been proven? Everything you have said has been proven categorically incorrect! So yeah, keep banging on that table to get your way, I'm sure your mother will be here soon to nurse you out of your hissy fit.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Are those PMs still needed? I did receive them but it seems like nem is referring to something in public.

What
05-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Are those PMs still needed? I did receive them but it seems like nem is referring to something in public.

No, he is just trying to keep throwing stones hoping something will hit,

He didn't get modkilled for the pm's, but I just wanted to prove that he was given fair warning and just dismissed it and continued to insult me.

Nemesis
Um what have you said that has been proven? Everything you have said has been proven categorically incorrect! So yeah, keep banging on that table to get your way, I'm sure your mother will be here soon to nurse you out of your hissy fit.

Haha, see you keep pulling the same stunt. You're caught in your own bullshit and lies. You've most likely ruined the chance for this game succeeding on this forum as well.

You ran a poor game and when you were called out on it you acted like a coward, end of story.

I no longer need to talk to you, my sides been proven and everyone but you and cyber sees it.

Feel free to go back to being a nobody again.

Good day, sir.

SCRIBBLE
Actually, I started the convoy with laughing at my bad timing with my response when I was lynched then said "and chikun... Smooth move" at which you responded with, and I quote directly from the saved convo, "lol. chikun is a poor poor bastard. i love how he hinted at how he's hating this game:P. funny is that he's actually a town NTHN right now. and he's been bitching ever since to m. me. ergh... i shouldnt have told u that. in case u were gonna come back later... Keep a lid on this for now." I did not corner you into anything and for you to try and shift blame really reinforces my point concerning humbleness and humility.---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------Nor did I ever question his role after I died.---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------Also, this is exactly what I am talking about in reference to mod integrity being questionable.Cyber, please respond to this as you seemed to have passed right by it after essentially blaming me for your mistake.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 04:42 PM
No, he is just trying to keep throwing stones hoping something will hit,

He didn't get modkilled for the pm's, but I just wanted to prove that he was given fair warning and just dismissed it and continued to insult me.

Look at the time of the warning then the time of the modkill. See what happens in that time. See your coward actions.

What
05-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Because you immediately felt like taking another shot in thread after you were warned. Your still just flailing around hoping something will stick man, but you are becoming a joke.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Haha, see you keep pulling the same stunt. You're caught in your own bullshit and lies. You've most likely ruined the chance for this game succeeding on this forum as well.

You ran a poor game and when you were called out on it you acted like a coward, end of story.

I no longer need to talk to you, my sides been proven and everyone but you and cyber sees it.

Feel free to go back to being a nobody again.

Good day, sir.

LOLS

You keep saying the same things again and again, modifying them with new insults and accusations after the old ones are proven wrong. You must be a fun person to know in real life, I'm sure everyone loves hanging around a spoiled child all the time.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

And scrib, I don't know what he said to you or why he did it, but the way he responded was the same reason i just kept responding with and posting things in a detached, uniform manner as to not reveal info. I'm not sure you can questin integrity with him telling you that, judgement? sure Intelligence? oh yeah, but integrity? That would imply he was doing it on purpose for some reason to mess with something, I don't think integrity is the right word here. He went out of his way to record and catalog everything we talked about in order to maintain integrity.

Nemesis
05-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Because you immediately felt like taking another shot in thread after you were warned. Your still just flailing around hoping something will stick man, but you are becoming a joke.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

LOLS

You keep saying the same things again and again, modifying them with new insults and accusations after the old ones are proven wrong. You must be a fun person to know in real life, I'm sure everyone loves hanging around a spoiled child all the time.

You're 0 for 2 What. Fade back to irrelevancy.

What
05-26-2013, 04:50 PM
You're 0 for 2 What. Fade back to irrelevancy.

Double lols, grow up dude. You had displayed flashes of intelligence in the past, but its clear your demeanor will cloud your judgment and limit what you can do in life. Have fun man, I'm sure you'll learn one day.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Look up the definition of integrity. Most words have multiple definitions in the English language. I was not questioning cyber's judgement or intelligence because he made a mistake with which the integrity of the game as a whole was lost.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I want it addressed because he has made a public attempt to shift blame to me as if I were maliciously trying to make him leak info. I have the entire convo saved however I do not see a reason to post it unless provoked further.

What
05-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Look up the definition of integrity. Most words have multiple definitions in the English language. I was not questioning cyber's judgement or intelligence because he made a mistake with which the integrity of the game as a whole was lost.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on that one. He should not have said that to you, but the game was still intact provided you didn't say anything to Chikun or anyone else. Was it a kink in the system? Sure Was it devastating to the rest of the game? No

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I want it addressed because he has made a public attempt to shift blame to me as if I were maliciously trying to make him leak info. I have the entire convo saved however I do not see a reason to post it unless provoked further.

I understand that, and I would bet that wasn't his intention. He isn't great with the writing, which is why the scenes were my creation and what not.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Nothing is intellectually gained by saying we will have to agree to disagree. What is implied by the agreeing to disagree is that I am wrong, you are right, and you are done discussing the matter.

Chikun
05-26-2013, 05:24 PM
My issue with the hidden roles, specifically mine. Was that there was no hint or clue to even make me think I was a Judas. My name in that game was Pompeii, I had a feeling I would have somehow exploaded. The name had nothing to do with the role and as a result it felt to me that it was a hilarious asspull that I survived the lynch. I really don't mind hidden roles so long as people can understand the name reference on what they can (but not always) expect but that just felt weaksauce.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Think of it this way -- integrity means unimpaired or in perfect condition therefore for the purposes of my example, integrity = 100%. at the beginning the game's integrity was sound. Cyber revealing chikun took it down to 99%. 99% is not 100% albeit close enough it does not matter. Regardless of impact the game's full integrity was lost. 99% ≠ 100%.Excuse the order of everything I hate typing on this phone.

CYBER
05-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Cyber, please respond to this as you seemed to have passed right by it after essentially blaming me for your mistake.

u seem to have skipped the part beforehand when u were asking about chikun...
i'll just pretend it wasnt intentional.
im not blaming you per say... i'm blaming the situation... you were dead, you were telling me that u think u're right about chikun (which u left out here), and then i hinted that chikun might not be all that he is. i said he was nthn right now bcos he was , and then i realized that i said too much bcos that part was actually meant for What bcos i was talking to both of you... and i told u that before, so when u were inquring about chikun, i was in a specific mindset about chikun and i screwed up by hinting as to what he was. Due to the fact that u were dead, i asked u to respectfully keep this undisclosed because you were dead and that wasn't gonna affect the game.
You were upset that you were thinking about subbing back in, and sry if u thought that u had no chance bcos of this, but in fact there were enough replacements if needed, and so problem was contained because that practically the first day into the game and i was trying to get accustomed to being a mod and not say shit.

so yeah, here's ur respnse, im not saying it's ur fault, im saying that due to the fact that u were inquiring about the game when u were dead, it set up the perfect scenario for the mod to screw up and tell u smthn he didnt mean to. and u were asked to not comment on this so that it doesn't affect the game. which it didn't so i thank u for that.
u had to bite the bullet for an honest mistake between a mod and a dead man talking , and u held up ur end in keeping the role hidden so that the game went on as if nthn happened.

Nem is claiming that we did stuff that CHANGED the game. what u and me scribble talked about was smthn aside, and the only reason the mod would be in trouble is if the the dead player went ahead and broke silence. This would have involved both parties being at wrong to cause a problem. but since i trusted that u were legit and respectful, i knew that i could trust u to not say what i said... had u been someone else prone to talking? i.e someone i wouldnt trust with my life? i'd have immediately told What about it and scrapped the game.

As for talking ? Tom did it when i died, blade was accused of doing it from what i heard, but that's not part of the game, that's a friendly discussion between a mod and a dead man that does not affect the game being played LIVE and is not even related to what Nemesis is tryin to say. nem is saying we did smthn that affected the game. our thing scribble CLEARLY doesn't fit nemesis's criteria

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

nah man , i wasnt shifting the blame to u. i realize that sometimes i suck at converying a msg bcos of my wording and bcos of style of writing,, and i hope u understand taht im not blaming u , im blaming this whole situation that caused me to slip a word i didnt mean to when we were talking just bcos u happened to be asking about the game when i was in a specific mood bcos of another convesation with the mod.
that made me screw up unintentioally, u just happened to be there..

in fact, because it was YOU, a person with gd integrity, i realized i could trust u in not making my mistake public and keeping it between us so that it doesnt affect the thread. which it didnt. u did right, and thanks for that.
it's just the situation of having a player talking to the mod (u didnt mean harm) caused me to make a mistake... a mistake which would not have happened had we not been talking in the first place)

What
05-26-2013, 06:05 PM
My issue with the hidden roles, specifically mine. Was that there was no hint or clue to even make me think I was a Judas. My name in that game was Pompeii, I had a feeling I would have somehow exploaded. The name had nothing to do with the role and as a result it felt to me that it was a hilarious asspull that I survived the lynch. I really don't mind hidden roles so long as people can understand the name reference on what they can (but not always) expect but that just felt weaksauce.

It was Pompey, not Pompeii, one is a location the other was a member of the first trimuvirate who initially worked with Caesar, then against him.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Also, All of the names hinted at the roles in some way or anther. My only regret was making Demosthenes the Forensic investigator rather than naming him Galen. I wanted to include more Greeks in the game, and I justified it since in Demosthenes's Philipics he constantly preached on things he understood to be true regarding who was manipulating the actions in the chersonese, so it seemed like it would make some sense as an investigator who figured out the real people behind the evil deeds.

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 06:39 PM
I am going to post every conversation you and I had because you seem to be forgetting large parts of that conversation about how I was not upset and that you were misconstruing what I was saying to which you admitted to within that conversation. In fact all I did was point out that subbing me back in with that info would be unfair to the others which you also admitted to. I have not mentioned nem at all regarding this and am in no means trying to compare the two situations as his situation seems irrelevant to my issue. I am glad you are not shifting the blame but it sure does not seem that way with your false claims about me prodding about chikun or backing you into a corner.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

I will post it when I get back to an actual computer, it was hard enough copying and pasting the short bit of convo earlier from my phone.

CYBER
05-26-2013, 07:18 PM
I am going to post every conversation you and I had because you seem to be forgetting large parts of that conversation about how I was not upset and that you were misconstruing what I was saying to which you admitted to within that conversation. In fact all I did was point out that subbing me back in with that info would be unfair to the others which you also admitted to. I have not mentioned nem at all regarding this and am in no means trying to compare the two situations as his situation seems irrelevant to my issue. I am glad you are not shifting the blame but it sure does not seem that way with your false claims about me prodding about chikun or backing you into a corner.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

I will post it when I get back to an actual computer, it was hard enough copying and pasting the short bit of convo earlier from my phone.

u can post it if u want, but i think we both agreed that i wouldn't be letting u back in the game with that info.
you will see in that conv that i told u there is STILL a chance for u to get back in the game, but what i didnt wanna tell you is WHEN.

You see, u understood as if i told u some key piece of info and that i was gonna let u back in the game knowing that info, which is totall unfair and i give u that.

What u didnt u didn't know was that i wasnt gonna let you in until a specific even triggers:
either chikun dies, or he's recruited by mafia, or is swapped to the other team, or the existence of a cult was revealed.

That's what i was trying to avoid telling u : the fact that cult exists, and that chikun had a judas role...
When i slipped that chikun was townie, u got upset that u couldn't join back in the game, to which i told u to not worry about bcos there's a chance u can still come back in the game... WHEN? i wasnt gonna tell u for ur own gd so that i dnt spoil anything and prevent u from joining.

had any of the above events happened, (especially the existence of cult been revealed), then ur knowledge of chikun's temporary VT role would have been utterly useless, and THAT's when there was a chance for u to play... but not before.

so like i said, i apoligize if i slipped a word but i was trying to keep this controlled bcos an even in the game would have allowed u to come back in the game as if u knew nthn... (that's assuming we actually needed a replacement, and that masskid/shadow/wolf/locust who also wanted to play before u are all unavailable.

That being said, yes, saying that 1 word about chikun was bad. that's my slip. The fact that u were dead made it less of a problem bcos it wasnt gonna affect the game.

The problem is that u had to go under the illusion that u can be subbed later so that ur feelings arent hurt bcos of my mistake, but at the same time, that made u think that i am willing to let anyone in even if they knew info, which wasn't the case as i explained earlier.

so feel free post the steam msg, but i covered it here i think. Im the one that screwed up, u were upset that u couldnt join without knowing smthn that others did, which in fact was useless bcos of the nature of the game given that judas and cult exist.
so yeah, the mistake was not urs, it was mine, and u thought it screwed over ur chances when it didn't.. thats what i meant that i got cornered bcos i really wanted to tell u not to worry about my slip bcos that's useless info, but that ITSELF would be slipping even more... so instead i decided to let it go for now until the game is revealed, which it has. :)

SCRIBBLE
05-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I explained I was not upset with not being able to go in under those circumstances. I got lynched and was not concerned with reentering because that is how the game is played :smirk:. I was only trying to clarify that it was something that should be avoided in the future. I see what you mean regarding the cult and I now see what you were doing to conceal it. That was quality damage control on your part. Saying that, I think we can drop it now but I am still going to send you the logs in a pm tomorrow when I can get to a computer for the sake of posterity.

CYBER
05-26-2013, 08:41 PM
I explained I was not upset with not being able to go in under those circumstances. I got lynched and was not concerned with reentering because that is how the game is played :smirk:. I was only trying to clarify that it was something that should be avoided in the future. I see what you mean regarding the cult and I now see what you were doing to conceal it. That was quality damage control on your part. Saying that, I think we can drop it now but I am still going to send you the logs in a pm tomorrow when I can get to a computer for the sake of posterity.

that's understandable. and thanks for understanding where i stood on this. i was trying to keep the existence and cult hidden for the time being even it made me look like a dick by making u think u lost ur chances of playing in again.

but thanks for being mature about it.
If the others would be the same as you, we probably would have avoid this shit-fest...
and sure, send me the pm. but i think i remember most of it nway, but sure :)

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

also scribbs, i hope that u'd give us a chance to fix mistakes by learning from them. It was our first time modding, and being excited about this game from mods AND players caused many ppl to make mistakes or question the mod. they have the right to ask if there's a mistake, and i give that to nem, but if the mod choses to ignore the situation, it's either bcos there's nthn he can do to fix without modifying the game midway (blade's gun), or by throwing away the game, ORRR it was intentional all along and there is no mistake. so rly? there's no point in argueing about the game setting beforehand...

So yeah, at least we solved ONE misunderstanding and mistake now... All we need to do is make aco and nem and others settle their disputes with What or myself and we can put this behind us and learn from this to avoid this fuck fest of happening again just because things dnt go our way....

ps: my other thread keeps getting closed bcos we shouldnt have more than 1 active mafia thread at 1 times because maynard thinks they are a waste since we're clogging the forums with many of those...
so if the thread has been closed before or again, u know why... it's not me trying to prevent What or u guys from talking, but just Clan doing their gd job at a clean up.
Hence me talking here mostly.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 08:42 PM
jesus this blew up over night.

cyber.... excusing your actions with "what you said MADE me say those things that ruined game integrity, even after i gave a long post about how i am super awsesome 100% integrity blah blah"

I apologize you are not strong enough to control your own words and actions. Perhaps modding isnt your thing.

@what yea screen shots were taken but they were heavily modified. i wouldnt sweep that idea under the rug when the honesty of the mods are a great concern.

all this he said she sia dshit is annoying. Man the fuck up and hold yourselfs accountable. EVERYONE

What
05-26-2013, 08:45 PM
jesus this blew up over night.

cyber.... excusing your actions with "what you said MADE me say those things that ruined game integrity, even after i gave a long post about how i am super awsesome 100% integrity blah blah"

I apologize you are not strong enough to control your own words and actions. Perhaps modding isnt your thing.

@what yea screen shots were taken but they were heavily modified. i wouldnt sweep that idea under the rug when the honesty of the mods are a great concern.

all this he said she sia dshit is annoying. Man the fuck up and hold yourselfs accountable. EVERYONE

Mikey, those were not the only screen shots nor were the modified. Unless you are standing behind us when things happen, clearly nothing will be good enough for you. The honesty of the mods is not a concern as we have shown time and time again. People did not understand what the setup or rules were and decided to believe the worst for no reason other than they felt like it. I offered several times to field any questions you or anyone else might have had. So far Chikun was the only one who said anything, and after he realized he misread what was sent, that issue disappeared. I will be held accountable for what i did, not what someone thinks I did or wants to believe I did.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 09:08 PM
alot of people claim to have experienced private conversations that reflect negatively on you and cybers part. I am yet another among them, with threats of being mod killed. Do not get me wrong, i think you are an extremely talented player but as a mod not so much. Cyber as a mod deff not. Its clear that at one point or another the mods attempted to force hands and control the games outcome. We are here having these conversations, right cyber? So that we can get passed it and learnnnnn somthing. How the fuck will we gain anything at all from this if you continue to beat around the bush and neglect having fucked up? like i stated before, the players have very little room in this. It is/was a mod thing, learn from THAT.

What
05-26-2013, 09:13 PM
alot of people claim to have experienced private conversations that reflect negatively on you and cybers part. I am yet another among them, with threats of being mod killed. Do not get me wrong, i think you are an extremely talented player but as a mod not so much. Cyber as a mod deff not. Its clear that at one point or another the mods attempted to force hands and control the games outcome. We are here having these conversations, right cyber? So that we can get passed it and learnnnnn somthing. How the fuck will we gain anything at all from this if you continue to beat around the bush and neglect having fucked up? like i stated before, the players have very little room in this. It is/was a mod thing, learn from THAT.

You are wrong, we never tried to control the game's outcome, and again if you think we did ask questions instead of laying out accusations mikey. Tell me where you think the fuck ups occured, and I will respond to them, but just generally claiming "wow you guys suck" is not conducive and is fallacious. You were never threatened with a modkill, as time on the day was running out, and you were not saying anything, yet being online I asked if you were going to have time to play or if you wanted to be replaced. You then said something along the lines of you have work to do/and it was your strategy. That was that nothing more man. I was only checking in on you to make sure you were still around and not going to be afk when time expired, if you think thats bad modding then thats your problem, not mine. I was respectful and merely inquiring what was up providing that you could be replaced if YOU needed that, I never said I was going to take you out. I did that so the game would progress smoothly and not have someone absent during a pivotal point. I never said anything in thread or did anything aggressive, so what is your issue with this?

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 09:44 PM
every single person who felt like there was a discrepancy in your game as voiced the reason why. You continue to brush it off as if you are the only person among us who is right. I cant believe you do not find it odd that so many people are upset. My motivator is the fact that as a mod, you attempted to force my hand by making a lynch vote. you created a time deadline, what is the point of creating such a deadline if you are not using the deadline. Threatening to mod kill players because they are choosing to hold there vote. You didnt swear but i wouldn't say you were almighty respectful saint type.

The fact is, you and cyber made minor and major mistakes. Mistakes that have already been voiced out. yet you continue to defend yourselves like nothing fucking happened. How are we going to grow and learn if even our prospect mods cant admit they made mistakes.

What
05-26-2013, 09:49 PM
every single person who felt like there was a discrepancy in your game as voiced the reason why. You continue to brush it off as if you are the only person among us who is right. I cant believe you do not find it odd that so many people are upset. My motivator is the fact that as a mod, you attempted to force my hand by making a lynch vote. you created a time deadline, what is the point of creating such a deadline if you are not using the deadline. Threatening to mod kill players because they are choosing to hold there vote. You didnt swear but i wouldn't say you were almighty respectful saint type.

The fact is, you and cyber made minor and major mistakes. Mistakes that have already been voiced out. yet you continue to defend yourselves like nothing fucking happened. How are we going to grow and learn if even our prospect mods cant admit they made mistakes.

Again I did not threaten a modkill I inquired if you were having the time to play, I was not encouraging any vote one way or the other, just wanted to see if you were still playing, as people in the thread were questioning where you were. All of the mafia games have had time limits on the days, ours was the only one where it actually came close to the deadline, mainly due to you and carm not being around much. I don't hold that against you, and again mikey, what are you reading? the only person who has claimed impropriety is Nem and now you. You still have not said anything specific just blanket statements that dont reflect the reality of the situation. I will always defend myself against lies and misconceptions, so again I ask, what questions do you actually have of how something happened? If you can't think of anything, then you need to rethink why you are holding this line, and it is likely due to reasons on your side not ours.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Again I did not threaten a modkill I inquired if you were having the time to play, I was not encouraging any vote one way or the other, just wanted to see if you were still playing, as people in the thread were questioning where you were. All of the mafia games have had time limits on the days, ours was the only one where it actually came close to the deadline, mainly due to you and carm not being around much. I don't hold that against you, and again mikey, what are you reading? the only person who has claimed impropriety is Nem and now you. You still have not said anything specific just blanket statements that dont reflect the reality of the situation. I will always defend myself against lies and misconceptions, so again I ask, what questions do you actually have of how something happened? If you can't think of anything, then you need to rethink why you are holding this line, and it is likely due to reasons on your side not ours.
There is not getting through. You are the worst of men, would rather die with his pride then remain humble and embrace mistakes made. Iv stated my main discrepancy. you threatened to mod kill me if i did not vote lynch before the deadline. ITS A DEADLINE.. meaning i have up until that TIME. Not before it because other players cried about thinking i was afk. How i play the game is for me to decide, not the mods. How do you not understand that simple concept? Im going to take my leave from your stupidity, know that until you can learn from your mistakes i have no intention of playing a game created by you or cyber.

What
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
There is not getting through. You are the worst of men, would rather die with his pride then remain humble and embrace mistakes made. Iv stated my main discrepancy. you threatened to mod kill me if i did not vote lynch before the deadline. ITS A DEADLINE.. meaning i have up until that TIME. Not before it because other players cried about thinking i was afk. How i play the game is for me to decide, not the mods. How do you not understand that simple concept? Im going to take my leave from your stupidity, know that until you can learn from your mistakes i have no intention of playing a game created by you or cyber.

I did not tell you to vote lynch before the deadline, I asked if you were going to vote or if you wanted to be replaced. You are just being pig headed now man. And again I never once used the phrase mod kill or threatened such action. You can play as you want but if you think the mods aren't going to check in you are foolish. Tom was on people about sending in night actions, Perhaps blade did the same, the thing is, the mod just doesnt sit back and do nothing, its there job to make sure things proceed normally. As you have backed off of your claim of impropriety and again receded to the claim i threatened to modkill you, which you already kind of said wasn't the case, I accept your apology and perhaps now we can move on.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I did not tell you to vote lynch before the deadline, I asked if you were going to vote or if you wanted to be replaced. You are just being pig headed now man. And again I never once used the phrase mod kill or threatened such action. You can play as you want but if you think the mods aren't going to check in you are foolish. Tom was on people about sending in night actions, Perhaps blade did the same, the thing is, the mod just doesnt sit back and do nothing, its there job to make sure things proceed normally. As you have backed off of your claim of impropriety and again receded to the claim i threatened to modkill you, which you already kind of said wasn't the case, I accept your apology and perhaps now we can move on. you thought my last post wasn an apology? Truly you are delusional.

What
05-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Truly you have no humor.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Truly you have no humor.Perhaps Krypton may penetrate your indestructible skull. We are spending alot of time and effort with these he said she said scenarios. I strongly recommend moving past it and onto to more pressing matters. matters that will help improve the quality of game play for future games. What and cyber, it was bound to happen with your game. It is natural for people to get pissed in bastard modded games. Perhaps bastard modding a game where the majority is still inexperienced wasn't the best idea. I propose we collectively create standardized rules, perhaps with a list of IBIS roles and hidden modifiers that can be used. That way players who choose to play can reference there role in a role dictionary of sorts.

Im not saying any of this will be easy but if people want to commit to future games that are professional and fun, it might be necessary. Im all for investing some time to do things right the first time.

brett friggin favre
05-26-2013, 11:24 PM
ladies, please, shut the fuck up. you'll wake the neighbors.

SCRIBBLE
05-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Brett is right, this forum is no place to discuss gaming let alone mafia scum.

brett friggin favre
05-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Brett is right, this forum is no place to discuss gaming let alone mafia scum.

just saying this thread in particular is more of a place to discuss "Pokemon Mafia Sign ups" rather than "how everyone else fucked up previously"

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-27-2013, 10:11 AM
just saying this thread in particular is more of a place to discuss "Pokemon Mafia Sign ups" rather than "how everyone else fucked up previously" Is anyone even interested in pokemon mafia? Can i be a mudkip?

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Brett, i also think its transitioned more into a "how to ensure future games are not as fail as previous ones" Thread.

Chikun
05-27-2013, 03:50 PM
So are we going to smoke this thing or what?

Wolfenstinger
05-27-2013, 03:57 PM
I'll attend I sppose if it happens. Debated about it after awhile due to all the fires that were brewed and put out and re-lit.

I WON'T BE AS SRS IN THIS ONE THIS TIME HOWEVER
But I will play to whatever role is sent to me with a thought process of a slug.

What
05-27-2013, 04:47 PM
I'll attend I sppose if it happens. Debated about it after awhile due to all the fires that were brewed and put out and re-lit.

I WON'T BE AS SRS IN THIS ONE THIS TIME HOWEVER
But I will play to whatever role is sent to me with a thought process of a slug.

Its a trap, lynch him!

Blackmage
05-27-2013, 05:12 PM
My claim is deathproof jester!

Chikun
05-27-2013, 06:47 PM
I think we all know that Brett is always mafia.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-27-2013, 10:00 PM
i got my role, i am claiming Mudkipz, Town Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass

Ability: You are 25% bullet proof and 75% vigilante. 100% kill ratio on mafia, 20% kill chance on town.

Masskid
05-27-2013, 10:28 PM
i got my role, i am claiming Mudkipz, Town Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass

Ability: You are 25% bullet proof and 75% vigilante. 100% kill ratio on mafia, 20% kill chance on town.

... so you're 25% modifier.... what?? Also how can you be 75% vigilante?? Like some days your a Kevlar vest other days you're Batman??

What
05-27-2013, 10:45 PM
... so you're 25% modifier.... what?? Also how can you be 75% vigilante?? Like some days your a Kevlar vest other days you're Batman??

30% of the time, it works all the time.

brett friggin favre
05-28-2013, 07:30 AM
I am James Rocket, Mafia Godfather despite not signing up just because random.org said so.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-28-2013, 09:13 AM
nonono, it works like so:

Player bob shoots mikey ---- Mikey rolls for a 1/4th chance to protect against a shot.

Mikey shoots Bob ---- mikey rolls for a 3/4th chance to shot, then bob rolls for a 8/10ths chance to survive.

if mikey gets his shot in and bob is mafia, bob dies.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-28-2013, 11:42 AM
DING DING DING

i had a spartacus themed game idea! I need to joot this down for all to see! Gladiator role!

15+ people

Townies are labeled "Slaves"
Mafia are Nobels of Note
1 "Cult Leader" (afa Spartacus) His role would be Gladiator/Cult recruiter.

Goal is to recruit all slaves into rebellion!

DERP!

BladeTwinSwords
05-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Gladiator is honestly a horrible role. Yes, you can make it so people can only vote to lynch you and someone else but if you end up killing an innocent, people will be on your ass until you are dead.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Gladiator is honestly a horrible role. Yes, you can make it so people can only vote to lynch you and someone else but if you end up killing an innocent, people will be on your ass until you are dead.
in role madness, its actually considered a very powerful role. A bullet proof gladiator who can only call to arena on even days. Is third party and recruits into rebellion (cult)

OH OH with a 5% chance every night to "Bring the rain" and roleblock all abilities!

CYBER
05-28-2013, 02:17 PM
DING DING DING

i had a spartacus themed game idea! I need to joot this down for all to see! Gladiator role!

15+ people

Townies are labeled "Slaves"
Mafia are Nobels of Note
1 "Cult Leader" (afa Spartacus) His role would be Gladiator/Cult recruiter.

Goal is to recruit all slaves into rebellion!

DERP!

WHAT and Tom.
lol, i like how Mikey's now gonna claim that a spartacus-themed idea was his idea... yea know, considering how the Roman mafia game was created in the first place. lol

Masskid
05-28-2013, 07:26 PM
WHAT and Tom.
lol, i like how Mikey's now gonna claim that a spartacus-themed idea was his idea... yea know, considering how the Roman mafia game was created in the first place. lol
lol i like how tom starts one mafia game and now it seems like there HAS to be one running 24/7 >.>

What
05-28-2013, 07:34 PM
lol i like how tom starts one mafia game and now it seems like there HAS to be one running 24/7 >.>

Why u got to be hatin' son?

CYBER
05-29-2013, 12:54 AM
well... we need more ppl... or else mafia can kill 1 guy at night and gg...

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

bcos unless we get 10 ppl in... we'd have to play the "find the survivor" game where u have 1 bad guy and the goal of the game is to lynch that ONE person...

and we all know it would be brett. even if he's not playing:P

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-29-2013, 12:59 AM
well... we need more ppl... or else mafia can kill 1 guy at night and gg...

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

bcos unless we get 10 ppl in... we'd have to play the "find the survivor" game where u have 1 bad guy and the goal of the game is to lynch that ONE person...

and we all know it would be brett. even if he's not playing:P

sucks you scared off most of the players :(

What
05-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Whats the actual player count at right now?

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Whats the actual player count at right now?

I think 6.

If we had like 20 people, these games would be so fuckin awesome. 20 players in a Role Madness Game....

What
05-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Well the number of people has never really expanded I think we peaked at what, 12? Basically most people who are somewhat active on the forums have given it a go, and thats a thing too, we need people to actually show up, I;m sure we can get more people to sign up, but the follow through needs to be there.
(Also think we got around 8+, the vote isn't an accurate reflection)

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Well the number of people has never really expanded I think we peaked at what, 12? Basically most people who are somewhat active on the forums have given it a go, and thats a thing too, we need people to actually show up, I;m sure we can get more people to sign up, but the follow through needs to be there.
(Also think we got around 8+, the vote isn't an accurate reflection)

Would you play a role madness game with 15+ people?

CYBER
05-29-2013, 01:47 AM
sucks you scared off most of the players :(

u know what? there's no point to even begin arguing with you.
most ppl who aren't in were afk'ers nway, or got duped by poor arguments by you and others that they got screwed over because most of u (even me) don't know how to play right.

We can't expect to have 50 ppl sign on right off the bat... hell, i don't think we even have more than 15 forums ppl at all in 1 day...

that being said, it's poor comments like this that will never break through obstacles in order to create a better community.
Keep hating and flashing criticism everywhere without actually doing something constructive, and then ask me again why there's no progress here or in the world overall...

that being said, What, i think nemesis told me he's in. He was only out because he was gonna be away for the weekend.
I have to respect that at least he knew that he'd be holding back any possible game and asked if we could start any game after the weekend... shows that at least he cares about trying to get this shit right... even if we hit obstacles from sore losers, to crappy winners who take credits over others, AND poor modding from my part because of a learning curve.

PS: if we DO actually get 10 ppl in this game, i promise that this game will be very straightforward, with almost staple roles... (no... not like Blade promised...) i got screwed over in blade's game because of unpredictable twists... and i learned my lesson from the player perspective to not fuck around TOO much with the setup.

And i hope that with this new understanding, we can try to have an honest and straightforward balanced game that anyone can win without bashing heads with eachother... or the mods...

That's the only promise i can make, that we're learning and we really wanna try to get this community involved in such game as it keeps the forums active. But we won't be able to go anywhere unless we put the shit behind us, we learn from it, and stop the circular criticism and actually DO smthn about it by fixing our mistakes and keep pressing forward...

Mikey, when u first started playing css, u probably had noob comments directed at u all the time. or abusing admins that screw up somtimes.. we constantly see it. You can either put the mouse and keyboard down never to play again, or u can press through it, and shoot those fuckers in the face and become a better player.
So what's the difference between CSS and mafia? nothing. it's the same players... but people need to grow up... i'm trying to, and i hope u try too.
If people chose to leave because of such obstacles, then they were never gonna be part of it in the first place, but i strongly hope we're given a chance to get a decent community in here... ask ur friends if anyone feels like playing, it only takes a game to learn the basics.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

just because i KNOW that mikey's gonna skim through my previous post and think im accusing him of anything, im not... im just stating that we need to move on.
I think that the discussions that happened between What, blade, nem, u, scribble, etc cleared the air of some misunderstandings, and im sure we can all get along now and try to be a better community:)

oh and mikey, i never actually had the chance to tell u : nice work on tricking me and wiggling ur way out of that lynch when Nem investigated u ... i didn't expect that from u , and u proved me wrong (and an idiot) with the help of ur mafia buddies in daytime of course... so kudos, and i hope u bring ur A-game for future games.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-29-2013, 01:55 AM
u know what? there's no point to even begin arguing with you.
most ppl who aren't in were afk'ers nway, or got duped by poor arguments by you and others that they got screwed over because most of u (even me) don't know how to play right.

We can't expect to have 50 ppl sign on right off the bat... hell, i don't think we even have more than 15 forums ppl at all in 1 day...

that being said, it's poor comments like this that will never break through obstacles in order to create a better community.
Keep hating and flashing criticism everywhere without actually doing something constructive, and then ask me again why there's no progress here or in the world overall...

that being said, What, i think nemesis told me he's in. He was only out because he was gonna be away for the weekend.
I have to respect that at least he knew that he'd be holding back any possible game and asked if we could start any game after the weekend... shows that at least he cares about trying to get this shit right... even if we hit obstacles from sore losers, to crappy winners who take credits over others, AND poor modding from my part because of a learning curve.

PS: if we DO actually get 10 ppl in this game, i promise that this game will be very straightforward, with almost staple roles... (no... not like Blade promised...) i got screwed over in blade's game because of unpredictable twists... and i learned my lesson from the player perspective to not fuck around TOO much with the setup.

And i hope that with this new understanding, we can try to have an honest and straightforward balanced game that anyone can win without bashing heads with eachother... or the mods...

That's the only promise i can make, that we're learning and we really wanna try to get this community involved in such game as it keeps the forums active. But we won't be able to go anywhere unless we put the shit behind us, we learn from it, and stop the circular criticism and actually DO smthn about it by fixing our mistakes and keep pressing forward...

Mikey, when u first started playing css, u probably had noob comments directed at u all the time. or abusing admins that screw up somtimes.. we constantly see it. You can either put the mouse and keyboard down never to play again, or u can press through it, and shoot those fuckers in the face and become a better player.
So what's the difference between CSS and mafia? nothing. it's the same players... but people need to grow up... i'm trying to, and i hope u try too.
If people chose to leave because of such obstacles, then they were never gonna be part of it in the first place, but i strongly hope we're given a chance to get a decent community in here... ask ur friends if anyone feels like playing, it only takes a game to learn the basics.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

just because i KNOW that mikey's gonna skim through my previous post and think im accusing him of anything, im not... im just stating that we need to move on.
I think that the discussions that happened between What, blade, nem, u, scribble, etc cleared the air of some misunderstandings, and im sure we can all get along now and try to be a better community:)

oh and mikey, i never actually had the chance to tell u : nice work on tricking me and wiggling ur way out of that lynch when Nem investigated u ... i didn't expect that from u , and u proved me wrong (and an idiot) with the help of ur mafia buddies in daytime of course... so kudos, and i hope u bring ur A-game for future games.

I HAVE A DREAM! A dream that one day, sarcasam can be understood on the interwebz!

lol i was just poking fun dude, no hard feelings.

What
05-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Well i suggest a tally then of who is in or not so we can see where we are at as opposed to just guesing what the number is.

Nemesis
05-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Cyber, I think maybe a few days for everyone to cool off and then start Tom's game might be best. If we have games constantly going on people may get burnt out. It also gives mods some time to totally work out their game and ensure balance.

I think letting Tom mod more games to start is the best idea, as there's only a few of us that actually have experience playing this game, let alone modding one. It's hard, especially when Half the people playing seem to have Downs.

CYBER
05-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Cyber, I think maybe a few days for everyone to cool off and then start Tom's game might be best. If we have games constantly going on people may get burnt out. It also gives mods some time to totally work out their game and ensure balance. I think letting Tom mod more games to start is the best idea, as there's only a few of us that actually have experience playing this game, let alone modding one. It's hard, especially when Half the people playing seem to have Downs. i actually said the same thing to the other mods and i agree with this. Problem is that Tom's game is taking forever to setup since he wants i perfect... Also he needs at least 13 players i think,,, so unless ppl gove tom a chance, i dnt know when he can host it

Nemesis
05-29-2013, 10:34 PM
i actually said the same thing to the other mods and i agree with this. Problem is that Tom's game is taking forever to setup since he wants i perfect... Also he needs at least 13 players i think,,, so unless ppl gove tom a chance, i dnt know when he can host it

I think people trust Tom a lot more than others, since he's the only real mod so far. The people who have said no here I'm sure would want to play for Tom.

What
05-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Tom has had his own issues with things due to other player's idiocy, especially from you prodding him for info, so im sure you'd love to play with him again.

Nemesis
05-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Tom has had his own issues with things due to other player's idiocy, especially from you prodding him for info, so im sure you'd love to play with him again.

You just can't not be a nigger, can you? At least you died early on before you fucked up too much of the game, although you were still able to do a number.

Go Away.

What
05-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Nice misdirect, chummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-p

Chikun
05-30-2013, 01:25 AM
Are you two going to fuck or what?

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Are you two going to fuck or what?

Soon, veryyyy soon. How hilarious would it be if in the next game, Nem and What had the passive "lovers" ability. Id love to see that game.

Erdenay
05-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Looks like it's best to scrub the game as I highly doubt the game would work with 6 people. It's probably best to everyone chill and relax before starting anything new.

Nemesis
05-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Looks like it's best to scrub the game as I highly doubt the game would work with 6 people. It's probably best to everyone chill and relax before starting anything new.

I think if you post the sign up as mod there will be more interest Tom.

What
05-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Well the plan was to go with tom's game so I'm sure there would be interest, and as said before the 6 votes for do not reflect the actual number of people who would play this game at last count its 8+

Nemesis
05-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Well the plan was to go with tom's game so I'm sure there would be interest, and as said before the 6 votes for do not reflect the actual number of people who would play this game at last count its 8+

I'm sure you're in Tom's game, yes?

What
05-30-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm sure you're in Tom's game, yes?

Is there really any question?

Nemesis
05-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Is there really any question?

well since you're a no for this one, might as well get it in the open, yes?

What
05-30-2013, 09:17 PM
I was a no, but had since changed my mind, and made that clear to cyber and on this thread

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

a change of mind which occured shortly after the vote, and since there is no revote option, nothing to do other than tell the guy i was in.

Nemesis
05-30-2013, 09:19 PM
I was a no, but had since changed my mind, and made that clear to cyber and on this thread

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

a change of mind which occured shortly after the vote, and since there is no revote option, nothing to do other than tell the guy i was in.

ya, same for me. Maybe smaller is better for a bit anyways.

What
05-30-2013, 09:20 PM
So that pushes the number to at least 8, though possibly more.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Sooooo.... umm yea........ we gunna do this or what?

taz1stP
06-01-2013, 10:40 AM
ill try it out

Nemesis
06-01-2013, 11:00 AM
ill try it out

oh jesus.

taz1stP
06-01-2013, 12:44 PM
you know u love me bitch

What
06-01-2013, 03:06 PM
So thats at least 9 for this one, if Tom's in that hit the 10 threshold.

CYBER
06-03-2013, 12:25 AM
so who's still interested in playing...
i can host a temp classic mafia game.
it wont be that memorable, which is probably a gd thing, until tom gets his shit ready?
i can get a setup by tomorrow if there's 10 ppl or so

What
06-03-2013, 01:03 AM
well with 8 yes votes and Nem and I switched to yes, that would make 10

CYBER
06-03-2013, 01:31 AM
well with 8 yes votes and Nem and I switched to yes, that would make 10 k i'll create a simple setup and have tom check it hopefully tomorrow... As long as noone bitches or goes afk if they are stuck with a nightless character... U guys asked for simple. And i'll do simple.

What
06-03-2013, 02:03 AM
simple Jack simple?

Chikun
06-03-2013, 07:03 AM
As long as noone bitches or goes afk if they are stuck with a nightless character...

Don't worry I'll keep you entertained.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I hope this is a successful game that peaks the interests of others in regards to mafia...

Let it be known now!
I also am planning a game. A role madness game that is on week 2 of development. Role madness games entail that save possibly 1 or 2 VT's, ALL players have 1 or multiple power roles. Due to the complexity and constant demand of real life stuff, i do not plan on hosting this game tell a little while longer. The game being Spartacus themed (based off the series), custom ability names, the works. Iv enlisted outside help in balancing so that tom may enjoy himself in a game finally!

I have also drafted a basic set of rules to be used for games, adding specific rules that relate to your game. If you'd like to see these rules, just ask and ill share.

Cyber, count me in your game.

What
06-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Cyber had dibs on a Spartacus game months ago.

Nemesis
06-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Why don't we create a schedule for these things, then you can sign up to host them if you want. Place the games a few weeks apart, that way people, a) know when games are, and b) can even start signing up ahead of time.

Thoughts?

CYBER
06-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Why don't we create a schedule for these things, then you can sign up to host them if you want. Place the games a few weeks apart, that way people, a) know when games are, and b) can even start signing up ahead of time.

Thoughts?

yes and no.
i like the idea but how would u go about doing that?
we can create a general MAFIA SIGN UP + SCHEDULE thread, but as long as only 1-2 thread MAX are being open at the same time, we should be gd, bcos maynard doesnt want us cluttering the discussion thread with those...
maybe if we get this shit in order we might ask for a special section just for us... but till then, that's all we can work with for now, and only after we finish this game and Tom's shit is FINALLY fucking prepared....

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-03-2013, 10:14 PM
yes and no.
we can create a general MAFIA SIGN UP + SCHEDULE thread, but as long as only 1-2 thread MAX are being open at the same time, we should be gd, bcos maynard doesnt want us cluttering the discussion thread with those...
maybe if we get this shit in order we might ask for a special section just for us... but till then, that's all we can work with for now, and only after we finish this game and Tom's shit is FINALLY fucking prepared....

Then we propose and ask for a Mafia section of the forums like we did with mine craft. Argue that Mafia is growing and becoming alot more popular, making forums more frequented ect. ect.

What
06-03-2013, 10:15 PM
so tom's game is set up?

Nemesis
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
yes and no.

Cyber can you close threads?

If so you create a tread and close it. then people will msg the game creator and that person will msg you details to update it. This way it stays pretty well organised. Under each game you have the mod, the players required to start, the players remaining, and anything else you want. For example:

June 10th
Mod: Cyber
Players Required: 15
Players Needed: 4
Players Involved: Nemesis, Tom, Brett, What, etc...

June 24 - A Game of Thrones
Mod: Tom
Players Required: 18
Players Needed : 16

July 8th - TBA
Mod: TBA
Players Required: TBA

Something like that? This way players will know what's coming up and also if anyone wants to mod a game they can get in line.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-03-2013, 10:18 PM
cyber, your reasoning behind waiting is illogical. Seeing as how Rape and owns are the only two clan members i recall partaking in this idea, id start by asking them to sponsor and moderate a new section of the forums for us.

Nemesis
06-03-2013, 10:21 PM
cyber, your reasoning behind waiting is illogical. Seeing as how Rape and owns are the only two clan members i recall partaking in this idea, id start by asking them to sponsor and moderate a new section of the forums for us.

Can Zero give someone Mod abilities in a single part of the forum? like let Cyber (or someone useful) mod a new Mafia section but has no other responsibilities or powers that he can use to fuck everything else up with, as he would surely do.

CYBER
06-03-2013, 10:27 PM

ownsie is often busy with other shit and she specifically asked me to always refer to maynard when it comes to mafia threads.

nem, i wish i could open and close threads, i can ask zero if we could get a mafia section for us, and ask for the ulas (brett, scribble and myself) to have mod powers over that section only since we are more involved in this more than clan members... but i wouldn't get my hopes up since this is usually a clan privilege and i respect that.

nem , i like that format. tell u what. after we start this game, i will ask tom on his projected due-date along with anyone who feels like modding, and i can create a thread SPECIFICALLY for scheduling and sign ups.
and people can chose to partake into a specific game but not the other based on their availability, and if they want to play only tom's games for examples and not mine. this would be a gd rating system for mods to know when they screw up.

thoughts?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

on another note. im fine-tuning my setup.. and waiting for tom to show up so i can send it to him.. it will take him a day at least to check the balance and run simulations if needed.
ps: i'm ripping off the setup from another game online if that helps you guys in order to make SURE that my game is not overly retarded since the original setup had to be approved on the other mafia site by multiple high-ranked mods to begin with ...

hope that encourages ppl to give me a chance

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Can Zero give someone Mod abilities in a single part of the forum? like let Cyber (or someone useful) mod a new Mafia section but has no other responsibilities or powers that he can use to fuck everything else up with, as he would surely do.

im sure that's possible since this is what we currently have for ULAs
they can edit and close threads in the ban sections and unban sections, but not anywhere else.
so it is theoretically possible... again, it depends on zero's willingness to allow us to have a section in the first place if we prove to him that it's smthn that interests us as a community.
so write him on his wall and ask for ulas to host such section if u guys want...
ps: fuck u for that comment in parenthesis -.-

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-03-2013, 11:07 PM

Yes, actually even clan members can.

For example, me and blade have mod rights in the minecraft section of the forums. No where else do we have that privilege. If zero created a mafia section, mafia game mods could easily get rights to moderate there games.

Nemesis
06-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Yes, actually even clan members can.

For example, me and blade have mod rights in the minecraft section of the forums. No where else do we have that privilege. If zero created a mafia section, mafia game mods could easily get rights to moderate there games.

If that's the case then I could set up and run a schedule no problem.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-03-2013, 11:13 PM
If that's the case then I could set up and run a schedule no problem. only issue resides in ZERO's willingness to create a dedicated mafia section of the forums. We need to argue that it will create traffic and viewer numbers for the forum. I see it only benefiting the forums and we will not be able to expand or grow on these games if maymay barely tolerates the little we do in the first place.

Rapedollar$
06-03-2013, 11:31 PM
i'd mod that section

Nemesis
06-03-2013, 11:38 PM
only issue resides in ZERO's willingness to create a dedicated mafia section of the forums. We need to argue that it will create traffic and viewer numbers for the forum. I see it only benefiting the forums and we will not be able to expand or grow on these games if maymay barely tolerates the little we do in the first place.

It's a feature that the community wants. It's not intended to create more hits by users, but for the users that are already here. What it will do is bring more views to the rest of the forum, since these people are already here. Talking about it in game will bring in anyone who is interested but is already in server.

I think Maynard will be ok with it since it will take away all mafia clutter from the discussion thread and allow for other posts there. Anyone who wants nothing to do with it simply has to look away. The threads will be run by those using them and will have no impact on what happens outside them.

It's for the community and run by the community, it's a win win.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-03-2013, 11:58 PM
i'd mod that section Perhaps you can speak with ZERO about setting up a dedicated mafia section?

Nemesis
06-04-2013, 10:18 PM
So is someone starting a game or are we waiting for Tom?

CYBER
06-05-2013, 01:40 AM
So is someone starting a game or are we waiting for Tom?domeone write me list of all STILL confirmed so i can pm them tomorrow

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Confirmed

Chikun
06-05-2013, 08:18 AM
domeone write me list of all STILL confirmed so i can pm them tomorrow

The 8 that said yes plus Nem and What.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Blackmage
BladeTwinSwords
Chikun
DJ_MikeyRevile
Masskid
taz1stP
Wolfenstinger
What
Nemesis

What
06-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Thats only 9, who are the eight yes votes in the poll?

SCRIBBLE
06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
here.

What
06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Fuck, cyber you vote on your own poll? God damnit.

CYBER
06-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Fuck, cyber you vote on your own poll? God damnit.the yellow bar was getting on my nerves:p

Chikun
06-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Stat padder.

What
06-05-2013, 04:26 PM
So why didnt you say anything when I was adding 2 to the number of yes votes?

Nemesis
06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
So why didnt you say anything when I was adding 2 to the number of yes votes?

Because he can't count that high and was just taking your word for it. Mexicans can only carry four sacks of tomatoes at a time so that's the highest he needs to go.

CYBER
06-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Because he can't count that high and was just taking your word for it. Mexicans can only carry four sacks of tomatoes at a time so that's the highest he needs to go.

50% right.
I CAN actually count to
unos dos tres quatro cinqo sies siete otcho nueve dies onso ur-mother etc.
Mind the typo, i only know the words verbally from when i was being shipped in the container to North america when i was 5.

as for the real answer? i completely forgot i even voted on that crap, but now that i know i did, im guessing it was bcos the yellow bar bugged me.
i just took ur word for it assuming u were counting the names excluding me.

is tom playing this ? or wants to co-mod it?
i cant seem to get ahold of him.. if he wants to play , then i might as well start pm'ing people... if he wants to co-mod, he needs to approve the damn setup by talking to meh.

CYBER
06-06-2013, 02:12 AM
ok. I got a balanced Setup semi-ripped off from someone ready for 10 people .
find me a 10th person and i'll make a new thread with the confirmed players, pm you, and announce day 1.

anyone who said "no" before feels like filling in the last spot?
still no idea where tom's whereabouts are...

Nemesis
06-06-2013, 02:14 AM
I'll be two people.

CYBER
06-06-2013, 02:34 AM
I'll be two people.
no WONDER ur girlfriend likes DP.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

no WONDER ur captured slave likes DP.
sry. fixed. my bad.

Nemesis
06-06-2013, 02:37 AM
no WONDER ur girlfriend likes DP.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

sry. fixed. my bad.

Fiancee now, actually. Captured Fiancee.

CYBER
06-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Fiancee now, actually. Captured Fiancee.

What kind of messed up torture did you put her through...

Nemesis
06-06-2013, 03:56 AM
What kind of messed up torture did you put her through...

Told that bitch she was beautiful. Bitches love it when you call them beautiful.

CYBER
06-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Told that bitch she was beautiful. Bitches love it when you call them beautiful.

http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/funny-man-fabulous-shopping-cart-trolly-pics.jpg

mhmmm... that's what ur girlfriend's reply was i presume.
no, in that case i think u nailed it right.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-06-2013, 09:42 AM
COME ON, just 1 more person!

SCRIBBLE
06-06-2013, 09:49 AM
I will do it but can not promise a lot of activity.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-06-2013, 10:16 AM
I will do it but can not promise a lot of activity.

THANKS!!

ok cyber, gogogogo!

CYBER
06-06-2013, 01:15 PM
THANKS!!

ok cyber, gogogogo!

kk . on it.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

alright. sign ups are closed. we got our players.
Active game thread is now HERE
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/11043-Pokemon-Mafia-Gotta-Catch-em-scum!?p=162557#post162557