PDA

View Full Version : Quick rules question regarding the handicap exploit on GG

Pootie Too Good
05-25-2013, 11:24 PM
-Exploiting the handicap by leaving and rejoining is not allowed. Any form of rank manipulation will not be tolerated.

That is the text of the rule. If i were to, say, be on level 6, acknowledge that before i leave to change a setting really quickly, and make the server aware by saying so, and rejoin afterwards, and still be on level 6, is that exploiting the handicap? If I didn't gain any levels, i don't see how it would be. Just wondering :D

asked this because i got banned for it

StarsMine
05-26-2013, 12:40 AM
No its not.

brett friggin favre
05-26-2013, 12:48 AM
rejoining is illegal if you gain levels from it. if you're on level 2, go to "change a setting", come back and you're level 6...not good. if you leave on 6 and come back on 6...that's fine.

if you do rejoin and gain no advantage but someone wants to punish you for it anyway, tell them you gained nothing. the reasonable ones (like me) will take your word for it. beware though, punishment will be increased if you lie about that.

Pootie Too Good
05-26-2013, 04:00 PM
rejoining is illegal if you gain levels from it. if you're on level 2, go to "change a setting", come back and you're level 6...not good. if you leave on 6 and come back on 6...that's fine.

if you do rejoin and gain no advantage but someone wants to punish you for it anyway, tell them you gained nothing. the reasonable ones (like me) will take your word for it. beware though, punishment will be increased if you lie about that. Alright, thanks. Good to know.