PDA

View Full Version : Green-lit: Nisekoi

Bane of Soldiers
05-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Yet another romantic comedy in production:

Nisekoi, the story of Raku Ichijo, the son of a yakuza head, who is forced into a fake relationship with Chitoge Kirisaki, the daughter of a rival gang (Wait, haven't I heard this set-up before?). Naturally, both begin to bicker once outside of hearing.

He happens to have a childhood sweetheart who, for the life of him, cannot seem to remember. All he has is a locked pendant -- to which she has the key! Chitoge as well, cannot remember something: the past that surrounds the key that she carries (This is sounding all too familiar). However, two other girls, Kosaki Onodera and Marika Tachibana, appear bearing keys as well! (compulsory harem complete) Let the love war begin!

Despite all the snide comments I made, I've heard nothing but positive things from readers of the manga and I eagerly await this romcom. I hope the adaption isn't much besides romantic comedy. Whoever best girl may be, she better get a lot of screen time!

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-27/nisekoi-romantic-comedy-manga-gets-anime