PDA

View Full Version : Server Lag

Rellikdloc
06-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I have been getting alot of server lag, other ppl have been saying they are getting the same problem. Is there something goin on, or a recent update that may have fucked things up?

Assassin
06-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Not from my end.

jwtemp
06-12-2013, 07:12 AM
It's hard to categorize or explain, but I agree with Rellik here. I guess I would say though it isn't lag and is maybe shot registration. It seems to come and go and can be pretty frustrating when it's happening often. It's like some rounds I can unload an entire clip in a guy and hit nothing, then the next round everything works as it should. Again, it's only very slight 'delay' or 'lag' but it's noticeable when it's happening.

Maybe a server reboot is in order.

Rellikdloc
06-12-2013, 06:24 PM
its mainly to me just skipping which makes it hard to shoot ppl, its not really the reg. and i know its not my graphics card. I know its was never like this before, i feel like it started about a month ago

ZERO
06-12-2013, 06:52 PM
What is your fps normally @?

Rellikdloc
06-12-2013, 11:51 PM
It ranges any where at any given time from as low as 50 to 250, it mainly stays in the 150 area, but fluctuates constantly between 50-250.

ZERO
06-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Your fps really should not, especially in GG have that large of a band of fluctuation unless your settings are bad or your equipment is way over burdened. Large rapid drops in fps create frame lags which cause a player to feel jitter like response when this occurs.

If the lag that you feel is occurring along with these massive fps drops than that is the issue.

How often are you dropping below 100fps or having drops >50fps at a time?

Rellikdloc
06-14-2013, 05:56 PM
every second it changes, might be high one second then drop low the next, but it doesnt seem to matter whats goin on in the game from alot of ppl shootin to only 2 or if im just standing there or running the fps will still just be jumping around.

Rellikdloc
06-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Any other help. I mean i really dont think its on my end, im not the onlyone whos said something about. I mean my comp is practically brand new plus i just bought a new graphics card that came with the new bioshock, tomb raider and hitman games and they are all on the highest video options and i have no issues with i play them. I have also even lowered my settings for css.

*UPDATE*
ok i just notcied something wierd playing tonight, or trying to play at least. Whenever im the one running around shooting and playing i start lagging. But i noticed when im just speccing some1 when im dead the lag stops even when that person is in a huge gun battle there is no lag, but if im alive in a battle im getting lag. I just dont understand. Yushun and AnnoyingBug and 1 other also said they had this same problem. Im also getting no lag in other servers.

ZERO
06-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Other servers as in other ibis servers or other servers that are not ours?

Your fps should generally when in the same are be stable. If your in a room and nothing is really going on your fps should not be chaning more then 10fps or something is wrong.

Have you checked in netgraph to see if your getting choke or loss?

If you ping the server for a few min using: ping -t gg.ibisgaming.com do you get any lost packets?

Rellikdloc
06-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Im not that computer savvy, so I dont really know. i do have my netgraph up, i could take a few screenshots and see if that helps you help me. But it seems to just be the ibis servers, i mean the thing is its never been like this before and my fps has always been like his and ive never had any problems with this kinda of lag untill almost about 3-4 weeks ago.
748374847485 7486748774887489

ZERO
06-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Yea you got a major problem b/c your lerp is changing in those images from 30 to 100. I do not even know how your having it change unless your altering your rate config in real time. In addition you need to use net_graph 3 to see loss and choke.

Lastly have you tired to toggle cl_disablehtmlmotd to 1 and see if that makes a difference? If it does not toggle it back to 0.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Also the ping -t gg.ibisgaming.com was to do in MSDOS ie command prompt.

Interesting that ping is a command in css...

acolyte_to_jippity
06-19-2013, 04:49 PM

it gives you a single-shot readout of each in-game player's current ping. not sure if it's ping to your machine, or the server, but it's almost never the same as what you see holding <tab>

i don't know if the command takes parameters, though.

Rellikdloc
06-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Yea you got a major problem b/c your lerp is changing in those images from 30 to 100. I do not even know how your having it change unless your altering your rate config in real time. In addition you need to use net_graph 3 to see loss and choke.

Lastly have you tired to toggle cl_disablehtmlmotd to 1 and see if that makes a difference? If it does not toggle it back to 0.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Also the ping -t gg.ibisgaming.com was to do in MSDOS ie command prompt.

I do not change anything during the game. The only thing i do change is lerp and i change it to cl_interp .01 which sets it at 30.3ms and i do that as soon as i join and thats it. Where are you looking that shows the lerp changing? B/c i always see it stay at 30.3ms. My loss and choke both seem to always stay at 0. I tried the cl_disablehtmlmotd and i didn't seem to really noticed any difference. I took a few more photos with net_graph 3.

ZERO
06-22-2013, 10:49 AM
These you have lerp of 100.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7486&d=1371604554
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7487&d=1371604555
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7488&d=1371604556
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7489&d=1371604558

Rellikdloc
06-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I cant see those pics, but yea prolly b/c i just joined the game just to takes pics then exited out, b/c i was posting on here. But when i play, when i 1st join the game my lerp is at 100.00ms and then i always change my lerp to cl_interp .01 which sets it at 30.3 ms and it never changes from there, and i always do that when i 1st get there. Besides that i dont see how my lerp would affect this lag im getting. wether its 100 or 30, like ive said in the other post this problem has just surfaced a few weeks ago, in the past before this lag even when i would forget to set my lerp to .01 i wouldnt have any problems. the only reason i set it to .01 well its kinda like how some sports player do certain things before a game b/c they think it might help them win, well its like that, b/c honeslty i see no difference in play if my lerp is at 100 or if its at 30.3.

ZERO
06-22-2013, 07:08 PM
A higher lerp will make you less sensitive to lag issues.

Also did you try toggling cl_disablehtmlmotd to see if that makes any difference.

You also might want to try to connect your modem directly to your computer to rule out any router or switch issue as some players have had lag problems relating to that in the past.

Rellikdloc
06-22-2013, 11:49 PM
A higher lerp will make you less sensitive to lag issues.

Also did you try toggling cl_disablehtmlmotd to see if that makes any difference.

You also might want to try to connect your modem directly to your computer to rule out any router or switch issue as some players have had lag problems relating to that in the past.

Well I have never had any issues with lerp since I started playing here or even when I bought the game 7yrs ago, I really dont think its my lerp. Ive tried the cl_disablehtmlmotd I didnt notice any change. My modem has always been directly connected to my computer, I would never play any other way. My internet speed is 1.0 Gbps. This is just really frustrating. Any other ideas would be much appreciated. Ill try anything.

ZERO
06-23-2013, 12:33 PM
I need images with net_graph 3 in then to provide any useful information as I can then see what your loss and choke are and how those change when you do and do not have lag.

Also be sure to toggle that cvar back to 0 from 1 if it did not change anything as to ensure that when you change it back to 0 your not feeling any change in lag still.

Rellikdloc
06-23-2013, 03:22 PM
I posted these in a post above. I dont know if you could see them or not but there not working for me now so ill go ahead and get more just in case you saw these or just missed, and if you just need more to analyze. I did put the cvar back to 0 then back to 1 then back to 0 multiple times just to play around with and see if i noticed any difference, but i did not. I feel like alot of this im reposting.

ZERO
06-23-2013, 10:46 PM
During any of those images did you experience the lag? So far what I see is that you should be able to send 66 updates to the server per second but you are often sending less than 60 instead. In one image for example you are only getting 57fps. You are not going to have smooth gameplay if your fps drops below or too close to the tick rate. I see too that your rates are set to 66 instead of 67 they should actually be set to 67 to get full tick in css.

The image below shows what your netgraph should look like under ideal conditions with max fps and tick in both directions.

Note how the tick rate received from the server is 67.7 as allowed by the 67 rate setting. Also the client update rate is communicating back to the server at 67.7 as defined by the 67 setting for my updaterate. The lerp is limited to 30 resulting in an effective 29.9 ideal lerp value for use with low ping and high quality connections as we see with only 32 ms ping time. Obviously client side ticks will not be dropping as the image is easily hitting the 300 fps cap at 299. This gives head room to have the fps fall into the 100s in zombiemod and not impact client tick.

If you can get some images right when you have the lag and ones when you do not we could possible find more information about exactly what is going on to cause your issue but so far it appears to be fps related along with a less than ideal rate configuration.

Rellikdloc
06-24-2013, 07:45 PM
ok ill try and get those. Also the lerp can go lower then 30.3ms, is it better for me to play with lower lerp? With the commands cl_interp .01 and then cl_interp_ratio 0 i can play with 15.3ms lerp.

*Update*
ok here are a bunch of pics when i was getting lag. the very last 2 pics there was no lag. And i changed the rate settings on the last pic of deagle and then sexfix has the right rate settings.

75277528752975307531753275337534753575367537753875 39

ZERO
06-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Now we can see in those images that within the same map your getting massive fps changes. Your going from in one image as high as 150 and in others as low as 16! First, every time your fps drops below 70 your hit reg will be effected. Second every time your fps dramatically changes up or down you will notice the fps lag depending on the quality of your monitors and the sensitivity of your eyes. Some people will pick it up at around 40fps you might only be noticing it when it is occurring in larger spikes.

However, from the data your showing here you can see that the only real solution to your issue is to upgrade your cpu or gpu depending on what is being maxed out. Something in your rig is being way overloaded by this game and your picking up on the massive frame drops that occur as a result. In every single image your system is sending less than the number of snapshots to the server than the server is sending to you. This is a result of your system not being able to keep up with the minimum tick requirements of a default CS:S server. Normally people with rigs that can not meet the spec just live with the lag but if you want to get rid of it your going to need to kill the source of the problem which appears from the data provided to be gpu or cpu related.

Do you have any data on your cpu usage and temps during the game and gpu usage and temps during the game?

Rellikdloc
06-27-2013, 08:36 PM
only cpu usage really and thats 45-55, i dont know how getting the others. And also any ideas on why im not lagging when im dead and specing someone shooting, but when im alive and shooting someone im lagging abunch?

ZERO
06-28-2013, 06:00 PM
The reason why you do not notice it when dead is b/c your not actively giving input to the system. From that description it appears that your eyes are not naturally able to detect the lag but as you are an avid gamer your body is able to pick up on the lag when there is a delay in your control execution. Normally a players eyes pickup the lag and they will see it regardless of playing or not. However in your case the issue seams to be that your picking up the lag when your actions are being delayed on screen by the frame drop.

To check GPU usage you want to use GPU-Z: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
You are also able to check GPU temps with that.

In addition use this to check cpu temps and core by core usage: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Rellikdloc
07-21-2013, 11:41 AM
OK its been about month since ive been on css or here in the forums, basically just gave up on everything and was tired of the lag and not being able to fix it. But anyways zero I got that download and here is a pic of the temp and other stuff. this is not in-game and no other programs running. this pic is before game launch and no programs running except for the essentials like internet, Norton, coretemps. 76727677 this next one is the game minimized after the 3 pics of me alive, dead and spec.76737678 this next one is after about 30secs after the previous pic. 76737679 this next one is me alive and shooting7674 this next 1 is me after ive been dead for about 10sec 7675 this last pic is me in spec. 7676