PDA

View Full Version : Just A Vanilla Mafia Game

BladeTwinSwords
06-18-2013, 10:02 AM
I want your honest opinion. Would you be interested in playing a Vanilla Mafia game?

2-3 people get Power Roles. Everyone else is VT or Mafia Goon. The roles are designed to be a fair as possible for both sides. No bullshit 3rd parties. No modifiers. Just good old intelligence.

Mod intervention is non-existant other than posting day and night results and mod-killing if need be.

Players: 9 requied, 10-11 optional

Playing:
Scribble
Sin
Tom

SCRIBBLE
06-18-2013, 10:04 AM
As long as you do not pull that stunt you did in the space game.

BladeTwinSwords
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Scribble, there is no bullshit in a Vanilla Mafia game. Whatever role you get sent is EXACTLY what it does. Granted you don't get the fancy powers and you will more than likely be VT or Goon, but honestly...Mafia game never was about superpowers. You had to use your brains and read people.

SCRIBBLE
06-18-2013, 10:40 AM
I am familiar with vanilla mafia games, that is not my complaint. Power roles did not ruin the last game, you did. Mod intervention is meant to be limited and it is NEVER meant to reveal information the way you did.

Ever heard of smoke and mirrors? You took that away the moment you said there were no post restrictions and that is why I feel the need to make this point.

BladeTwinSwords
06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
I have to admit that posting at 3am when I'm normally sleeping wasn't the best option. I letting Nemesis handle the night shift while I did the day shift but I decided to have a complete lapse in judgment and post when I'm tired.

Chikun
06-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I will dwell on this and decide after work.

BladeTwinSwords
06-18-2013, 11:15 AM
A few other things. Would you all like the roles to be known to everyone?

I also want to implement what I like to call Haste Mode. Time limit for the Day Phase is unlimited until someone has at least half of the required votes for lynching. When that happens, I set a deadline to 48 hours. This ensures that there is plenty of time for debating and no one is in a rush but if need be, people can force a deadline.

Erdenay
06-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Assuming day phases will actually give time to discuss and assuming that what Scribs mentioned won't happened, I'm game.

BladeTwinSwords
06-18-2013, 12:54 PM
The only thing I will be posting is flavor text and modkilling on the FIRST offense.

Like I said, Day Phase will have unlimited time until someone gets half of the required votes to lynch. (So if 5 is needed to lynch, then 3 votes will activate Haste Mode). Day 1 will naturally be the longest since Mafia cannot quickforce Haste Mode. Night Phase will simply be turn in your actions in a TIMELY manner.

Roles to Expect In a 9 Player Game:

Vanilla Townie x5 (Guaranteed)
Mafia Goon x1 (Guaranteed)

Roles to Expect In a 10 Player Game:

Mafia Goon x1 (Guaranteed)
Mafia Traitor x1 (Guaranteed) (If the Mafia Faction is dead, the Traitor may then kill)

Roles to Expect In a 11 Player Game:

Mafia Goon x2 (Guaranteed)

Sin
06-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Faggots.

I'll play.

Chikun
06-18-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm starting a mutiny.

BladeTwinSwords
06-18-2013, 01:03 PM
You would Chikun.

What
06-18-2013, 01:19 PM
İ dont lıke your optıons. Also, Random Istanbul layover post!

SCRIBBLE
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Find the lounge if you are at Ataturk.

BladeTwinSwords
06-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Well the options are just the non-power roles.

Possible Power Roles Are:

Sane Cop
Sane Doctor
1-Shot Vigilante
1-Shot Bulletproof Townie
1-Shot Town Hider
Town Gunsmith
Town JOAT
Town Tracker
Town Jailkeeper
Mafia Godfather
1-Shot Mafia Strongman
Mafia Roleblocker
1-Shot Mafia Hider
Mafia Role Cop
1-Shot Bulletproof Mafia Goon

Blackmage
06-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Not voting in the poll, because there's no option of, "I don't enjoy vanilla games".

Chikun
06-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Not voting in the poll, because there's no option of, "I don't enjoy vanilla games".

Join my mutiny Blackmage and together we can rule a mafia game as GODS!

BladeTwinSwords
06-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Blackmage, you do realize that Vanilla Mafia is the common format. All of the IBIS games are classified as Role Madness since virtually everyone has a power role. It's very difficult to balance Role Madness games due to the sheer number of powers.

SCRIBBLE
06-18-2013, 01:53 PM
If you need a co-mod on this one I would not mind assissting.

Blackmage
06-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Yup, I know that well. It's common to the point of being droll. Role madness is much interesting from my standpoint. Even an unbalanced game can be interesting.

Erdenay
06-18-2013, 02:31 PM
I'll give this a shot.

What
06-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Find the lounge if you are at Ataturk.

I was at Gokcen, but still found a lounge, all you can eat, leather chairs, Ayran and massage chairs. I love a country where you can feel like a snooty bastard for 12 us dollars. Also, Random at my hostel in Ankara post!

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-19-2013, 02:43 AM
im in, but still think the space game should continue, its not over yet.

Nemesis
06-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Are you really starting this in the middle of my game? Are you really bailing and pulling this shit?

Jesus, I knew you were Asian but this is some real Nigger shit here...

What
06-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Co-Modding-Catch the Fever.

CYBER
06-19-2013, 04:14 AM
It's always fun to throw in a vanilla townie setup every few games, even if we arent told it's a vanilla setup.
I do have a few things to say:

I agree the space game should continue, it's unethical to pull a stunt on that thread and leave nemesis to catch the blame while u bail out. So i say you should just suck it up and keep up the space mafia game.
@nemesis, I think blade's posting this question not in order to start a new game, but as a simple question for future reference.
Problem with vanilla games is that some people don't have power roles, and they end up neglecting the game instead of contributing to the discussion.
Now only do we have a mod-impatience problem as Tom stated about deadlines, but this goes head to head with players that either randomly go MIA for no fucking reason and without prior warning. OR players that sign up for the game and immediately either get bored or want to be replaced. (i'm looking at you masskid... ur mafia gameplay is EXACTLY like u in scrimms... if u dnt feel the moment in the game, u just bail out and pull a rapscallion on us...)
Blackmage brought a key point last time, i think that we should mix up the mafia games sometimes. A vanilla game in the mix is certainly a mix, but only after we finish this current one. And perhaps after that vanilla game we can play a "find the jester" game, or a certain mechanic i've been working on.

Bottom line blade, as long as u're not bailing out on the other game, I'm in. If you are, that just shows shitty behavior and since you're the one who blew the whistle on the last game, not nemesis, I don't think that leaving him to take the hit for you when shit hit a temporary fan is the right move...

anyway... I'm always in for any mafia game really, i can even play multiple game at once...

I do not think that IBIS is READY for multiple simultaneous mafia games.
That's for sure. Especially since Maynard is on our ass (<3 u maymay!) about us only having 1 thread active a time.

SCRIBBLE
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Apparently, that "jump to conclusions" mat from Office Space is finally getting some use.

maynard
06-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Closed. duplicate thread.