PDA

View Full Version : Gabotas won by killing Gabotas

Gabotas
07-02-2013, 12:04 AM
I just wanted to share this with you, quite fun!

Hardc0re
07-02-2013, 01:37 AM
so what ur trying to say is that u have a evil twin?

jwtemp
07-02-2013, 06:41 AM
No. He clearly won the game by killing himself, which should not be possible. This is not the first 'glitchy' thing to happen on the GG server in the past few weeks either. The other day, I was playing gg_sex_fix and was on nade. I had already thrown my nade and had an auto shotty and was trying to kill someone to get another nade. As I was shooting, a nade explosion went off (I assume I shot the nade perhaps? No idea what happened), the game registered that Colby <ibis.a> had killed HIMSELF with a nade and I was awarded the win.

Shot registration is really off too. It's hard to pin down though, because it sometimes seems to be spot on and other times it's as if you're shooting air when there's clearly a person right in front of you. Very strange.

Reboot and defrag! LOL

jeb the hick
07-02-2013, 10:24 AM
I had this exact thing happen to me. I check the stats page and It didn't count as a loss though. I didn't see if the player I naded had a loss attributed to them though.

Reboot and defrag! LOL

Sir, please remove the motherboard and check that it is seated properly. This is likely the problem. Much thanks sir.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-02-2013, 04:32 PM
No. He clearly won the game by killing himself, which should not be possible.

damn dude, this was pretty stupid, even for you. he won by killing this redneck person. however, his own death was the last one in the killfeed as having been caused by the nade, and thus the mod pulled HIS name as the final kill.

jwtemp
07-02-2013, 08:03 PM
damn dude, this was pretty stupid, even for you. he won by killing this redneck person. however, his own death was the last one in the killfeed as having been caused by the nade, and thus the mod pulled HIS name as the final kill.

Fair enough. I don't know how I missed that. In truth though, every time I had seen someone nade themselves while killing another person prior to this latest update, they never won - they'd instead lose two levels. I guess I just made a bad assumption going on prior experience and didn't pay attention to the death tracker.

I do appreciate the insult though.

Nemesis
07-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Fair enough. I don't know how I missed that. In truth though, every time I had seen someone nade themselves while killing another person prior to this latest update, they never won - they'd instead lose two levels. I guess I just made a bad assumption going on prior experience and didn't pay attention to the death tracker.

I do appreciate the insult though.

Ya, this is totally wrong. The kill of the enemy has ALWAYS registered first, then the kill on yourself. So you're really, really wrong there.

jwtemp
07-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Ya, this is totally wrong. The kill of the enemy has ALWAYS registered first, then the kill on yourself. So you're really, really wrong there.

Bullshit. I know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I've seen people kill someone with a nade while simultaneously suiciding and lose two levels rather than win the game. Whether or not that's how it's supposed to work or it randomly occurs one way or the other I'm not sure of, but I'm not 'really, really wrong.' Thanks for the pointless, inane and superfluous input though. :wtg:

XX0wnsXY
07-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Bullshit. I know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I've seen people kill someone with a nade while simultaneously suiciding and lose two levels rather than win the game. Whether or not that's how it's supposed to work or it randomly occurs one way or the other I'm not sure of, but I'm not 'really, really wrong.' Thanks for the pointless, inane and superfluous input though. :wtg:

No, Suiciding always gives you the win. There may have been the occasional glitch, but on a regular day, yeah.

Gabotas
07-03-2013, 03:24 PM

THIS is what actually happened! =D

Rage
07-05-2013, 06:28 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/BFTankHunterBF/owned_zps6385cf72.png