PDA

View Full Version : Wolfenstinger 8-11-13 3:35PM CST 0:1:16581585

Assassin
08-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Name in Game: Wolfenstinger
Steam-ID: 0:1:16581585
Where: WCS
Link to any previous bans:Unknown
Reason to ban: Don't have a log but see the pic below. It's not possible to do that without violating the kill yourself/denying xp to other people rule and if you pull the demo you can see it. Sorry Wolfen.

phil.™
08-11-2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:16581585&advType=steamid
^ Wolfenstinger sourceban record. Nada pretty much.

Attached is the demo of what happened.
1st suicide was to switch teams to CT. Understandable.
The next 52 some death, yes, I sat there and counted every single death, thanks Wolfenstinger lol; were the following:
36 Were free-fall death
4 Own nade death (2 after round)
12 By enemies.

Out of the 36 free fall death, he evaded 1 knife (I believe the 6th free fall), and then the 42nd free fall, there was an enemy near by. All other death there was no other enemy around.

With this said http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/2240-WCS-Rules rule number 13 clearly states "13. Self slaying is not allowed on the server. It is only acceptable during a time in which a player may be glitched into the map or an object and is stuck and not able to get out of the situation."

Your pattern was, everytime you were able to respawn, you jumped, I don't think you really tried to escape dying from an enemy, 6th time, def, but the 42nd time i don't even think you knew an enemy was nearby. I don't know what the hell you were trying to accomplish, but I wouldn't recommend doing that again.

With his sourceban record, and reviewing the demo, I say warn.

Assassin
08-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Would the person who voted no action please state why they feel such or kindly remove their vote?

Wolfenstinger
08-11-2013, 11:34 PM
My whole purpose behind it was to break -50 kills and 50+ deaths on de_cbble mostly. Out of boredom. And curiosity on if I could pull it off or not.

Now during this, if I actually evaded anyone from killing me via console, sorry (don't have a kill bind so all of this was not via console). Also there are parts in the demo where I die on accident and just give up the round to the enemy team. Granted - bomb was planted a couple times where I was doing this and failed to get there, put up a fight, and defuse... except I can't do the "put up a fight" part with ~13hp or less.

If it's illegal to just straight up kill and respawn continuously - then this would be the last time I do this. The major issue with this was spawning weapons / nades. If you want to get me on that, yea it would be easier than denying XP. There are a couple parts in there where I'm just dying and there's a p90 or some pistol (USP / Compact / Deagle) continuously appearing. Disregarding the HE nades.

Another one somebody could try getting me for is failing to respect my objective (via "defending" the bombsites or actually participating during the map)

Overall : Will accept whatever is thrown at me. Just the above is my reasoning behind it. If I end up hearing about what the results to this is, I won't be home till like 5PM-6PM EST probably; as a heads up.

brett friggin favre
08-12-2013, 12:44 AM
meh. clearly the intent here wasn't to deny XP to anyone. console wasn't used, so it doesn't explicitly break rule 13. i also think we've pretty much all seen you doing this at some point and it really hasn't been an issue with anyone. having said that, it's kinda like someone using their mic a lot. if someone asks you to stop, please do so. in this case, nobody expressed any displeasure though. so assassin, rather than making a thread like this, just ask him to stop. he's a reasonable dude.

i don't see much of a problem with doing this. as long as you don't suicide from being killed, you keep coming back so you're still available to be killed for xp. there are just a few conditions you should follow when doing this.

1. if someone complains, stop it
2. if the server's full, stop it
3. don't suicide to prevent being killed by a player
4. respect the objective

follow those rules and you shouldn't have any trouble. and this goes for everyone: if you have a problem with something someone's doing, just express it to that person first and take it from there. letting it happen and then posting a ban request without trying to reason with them first isn't the best way to handle it.

squirrel, if you vote, post to explain your vote.

since he isn't using console and isn't really depriving kills because he keeps coming back, the only real thing i can see against the rules here is not fully respecting the objective. i'll vote to warn, and let the above post be a warning. leaving this open for now to let wolf read and post a confirmation that he has read and agrees to the conditions.

Wolfenstinger
08-12-2013, 12:48 AM
i don't see much of a problem with doing this. as long as you don't suicide from being killed, you keep coming back so you're still available to be killed for xp. there are just a few conditions you should follow when doing this.

1. if someone complains, stop it
2. if the server's full, stop it
3. don't suicide to prevent being killed by a player
4. respect the objective

follow those rules and you shouldn't have any trouble. and this goes for everyone: if you have a problem with something someone's doing, just express it to that person first and take it from there. letting it happen and then posting a ban request without trying to reason with them first isn't the best way to handle it.

Understood.

brett friggin favre
08-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Understood.

good shit. warning issued, closed.