PDA

View Full Version : Quick WCS Question

Clip
08-19-2013, 09:49 PM
just a quick wcs question. (CT)at(Italy) Is it allowed to camp spawn and (ignore objective basically) if you are summoning people to kill for the entire round. i was wondering because i ran into this problem the
other day. I Reminded the person to do objective with 1:30 remaining in the round. He was still at spawn and summoning and when i had told him to do the objective he replied that he is the objective is to either kill the enemy team or rescue the hostages, And that he had talked to other admins about it and that was ok apparently. So i went to the wcs rules and could not find anything on this. So just out of curiosity
what are your views on the matter? i mean say he did in fact kill the whole other team and win the round or kill all but 1 that had a necklace and ended up wasting play time b/c he wanted to summon people for a cheap kill/and lost the round. If you could give me a straight answer of what matters more objective or ultimate. To me it seems no different than camping spawn and locust swarming the enemy team for the whole
round.

What
08-19-2013, 10:10 PM
There is no 1:30 rule to start the objective, it must only be started with enough time left for success, this varies on map, objective, and what race they are playing. Once he realizes that people have a lace, he needs to get off of his ass, but until that point, murdering the other team is doing the objective.

Masskid
08-19-2013, 10:14 PM
just a quick wcs question. (CT)at(Italy) Is it allowed to camp spawn and (ignore objective basically) if you are summoning people to kill for the entire round. i was wondering because i ran into this problem the
other day. I Reminded the person to do objective with 1:30 remaining in the round. He was still at spawn and summoning and when i had told him to do the objective he replied that he is the objective is to either kill the enemy team or rescue the hostages, And that he had talked to other admins about it and that was ok apparently. So i went to the wcs rules and could not find anything on this. So just out of curiosity
what are your views on the matter? i mean say he did in fact kill the whole other team and win the round or kill all but 1 that had a necklace and ended up wasting play time b/c he wanted to summon people for a cheap kill/and lost the round. If you could give me a straight answer of what matters more objective or ultimate. To me it seems no different than camping spawn and locust swarming the enemy team for the whole
round.

There is no 1:30 rule, He must be able to complete the objective before the time runs out which depends on his race and skill level. If he is certain he can summon them all and kill before the round then there is nothing wrong. If he were to encounter someone with immunity he would have had to start moving. If he found out someone had a lace and he could not win by round end (too many people to summon) then he is breaking the rules.

Tl;DR
If he can win it is fine, if he is stubborn and refused to do objective(plant bomb/rescue hosties) and cant win then its against the rules

Also Killing the other team is not objective, it is an alternate win condition. Planting the bomb and rescuing hosties is much easier WHEN THE OTHER TEAM IS DEAD

Clip
08-19-2013, 10:22 PM
There is no 1:30 rule to start the objective, it must only be started with enough time left for success, this varies on map, objective, and what race they are playing. Once he realizes that people have a lace, he needs to get off of his ass, but until that point, murdering the other team is doing the objective.well thanks for the clarification i figured 1:30 was pretty much bare minimum after
watching most people rescue hostages on italy.(going from ct spawn to house, grab hosties, then back to CT spawn while (walking) around corners and trying to be sneaky). Just seems like a waste of time i'd
understand if there was more than 1 ct left and you would be eliminating the terrorist for the other players but when your the only 1 left i would think you should have to gtfo and go for it not have a 1:30 of (shit). but its w/e ive only seen this happen 1 time so its not a big deal.
I do appreciate you clearing it up for me.

Erdenay
08-20-2013, 10:36 AM
As others have stated, there is no such thing as a 1:30 rule and I've got no idea where people keep "finding" it. Secondly, on Italy, it requires around 25-30 secs to run away from T house to CT spawn and actually rescue the hostages, so in theory people should be in the house rescuing them at 0:30 at the latest. A few missing the objective can be fine if there are some interferences, etc. but if a player continuously refuses to do objective especially when he knows the other team have a lace... Against the rules.

Assassin
08-20-2013, 04:17 PM
They get it from new dumb admin's who are just impatient. Def not from the rules.