PDA

View Full Version : [REMOVE] cs_assault_night

CYBER
09-09-2013, 12:11 AM
I really hate to remove this map... im the one that added it, and it's the only assault map that gives a more balanced feel between CTs and Ts because of the many access points for the cts to walk in, and the dark spots to move in. As opposed to the T camp-fest that every other assault map offers.

The problem with this map is that it's broken, it has a skybox leak bcos whoever made it is a fucking moron, and basically it ends up dropping everyone's fps to 10 or smthn (and that's my testing it on my amazing new gaming gear with 299 constant fps except on that map.)

So please, remove this map, if chris and i end up fixing it one day, we'll fix the broken map, and tweak it slightly.

thanks.

Yolo Swaggins
09-09-2013, 05:23 AM
my pc isn't great but I average ~280fps on that map personally speaking.

CYBER
09-09-2013, 05:37 AM
my pc isn't great but I average ~280fps on that map personally speaking.

just give it time when playing. it has a lot of chokes and lag.
it doesnt happen all the time, mind you, because i remember playing that map smoothly when only 2 ppl were playing, but once it became 5 v 5, with flyers, it opens up the possibility of spawning wrong or flying and breaking the sky box because some entities are touching the skybox model.... and thus creating a leak.

Chris can explain this a lot better than me, because i've only just recently started learning about mapping.

Goku
09-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Yolo is not being honest or is thinking of the wrong assault. Not the greatest pc and 280 fps? Yeah... no.

If you have a leak in the skybox like that basically means the visleafs in a huge space are being processed... like you are seeing the entire map and everything in it at the same time. I get 90 fps (average) on assault and about 20 fps on assault night. It's not very playable and the lighting is completely screwed up. There is definitely a leak. It's a nice idea but like several maps on this server it needs to be done properly so it is playable for EVERYONE, not just the people with the badass vid cards. The map needs to have the errors removed.

You need someone to test out all the maps and make sure it suits the server and playability before they are uploaded. Since I can quickly decompile them and make fixes I'd be happy to but it seems only a handful of people are aware of the lack of quality and really don't want to be bothered. It really could be a whole lot better if it's fixed up. Trust me.