PDA

View Full Version : I've been VAC banned

i2o4
09-10-2013, 07:24 AM
I tried to join the WCS server today and found out I had been retroactively VAC banned sometime in the past week. The only possible infraction I can think of is that I have a bhop script which I used regularly on SG bhop (xx.xx.26.106:27015), a server where scripting is allowed and even recommended by admins. The script is an auto-jump script--you hold space bar, and it makes you jump whenever you touch the ground. Some of the best bhoppers there opt to script rather than scroll becuase it provides a much more consistent jump than humanly possible, and most players who have completed bhop maps will testify that there's far more to bhopping than getting the jump timing down--getting going is fairly simple; the harder part is learning to control momentum. I readily admitted to scripting in the bhop server to many of you who joined me there.

The thing that really bothers me is that I never intentionally scripted on servers that didn't allow it, including IBIS. And for what it's worth, I can honestly state with a clear conscience that I didn't use any other cheats either, including aimbots, triggerbots, wallhacks, or illegal skins. The reward was simply not worth the risk to me, and I have a strong sense of guilt whenever I do something wrong. If I tell a lie, I might feel bad about it for days until I set things right. A month or two ago, I joined an SG deathrun server (xx.xxx.121.71:27015) and played with the script. It was my first time there, and an admin asked me if I was scripting. I got scared, instinctively denied it, and turned off the script. He warned me that scripts were not allowed, and I left the server shortly thereafter. Feeling bad about it the next day, I added the admin to my friends list, admitted to having lied and scripted, and apologized. I explained that SG bhop allowed scripts and I had assumed SG deathrun did as well, at which point he told me that SG didn't have a bhop server. It turned out that the two servers were run by two different groups with the same initials. He simply warned me not to do it again, and I thought that was that. I believe that was the only time I scripted on a server where it was not allowed. I may try appealing to Steam, but AFAIK, VAC bans are essentially irrevocable. They won't even tell me why I was banned, which I think is an absurd business practice. What other company claims the right to sell you a product and take it back without giving a reason or refund?

TLDR: Anyway, to sum things up, after 8 years of good standing and 1752 hours of clean playing on IBIS WCS, my account has been retroactively VAC banned, most likely for bhop scripting on a different server where I had presumed it was allowed. I did not script in IBIS and never used any other cheats or hacks in any server. I am coming clean not because I seek vindication, but rather because I don't want to hide anything from you guys. Some may use this unfortunate circumstance to validate suspicions that I was just another hacker all along, but I hope that those of you who know better than to make such presumptions will believe my word and not think any less of my character. I hadn't planned on playing CSS in the upcoming months anyway, since I recently moved back to Gangnam, Korea and will be getting married next month in Beijing, but I am now considering purchasing another account to play on sporadically in the months ahead--if and only if the IBIS community is willing to overlook this infraction on my record and welcome me back. I'll leave that up to you guys to decide.

Carmichal
09-10-2013, 08:24 AM
If you weren't banned on ibis you are not banned from ibis. That's how I know it at least.

Masskid
09-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Your tl;dr is just as long... lulz, anyway could it be because you suddenly changed location ( you know to the other side of earth)?? Not sure if VAC works like that but I vote for you to stay :D

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 09:59 AM
If you weren't banned on ibis you are not banned from ibis. That's how I know it at least.

well, true, but if he was vac banned on css then he can't join any vac-protected server. that includes ibis.

if you get a new acct i2o4, this will be considered and will actually save us some headaches. we don't ban simply for vac bans on record or for new accounts for reasons like this...but god knows cyber would smell your new account before you're even on the server and would scream SEE SEE I TOLD YOU SO I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO and then i'd have to watch 50 demos where you trace so and so for a quarter of a second. you're still welcome here, granted you find a way back. you dirty, dirty fucking hacker.

just don't reinstall those scripts. i see you're on that bhop server right now, leave that acct for the bhopping and use any new one for clean shit.

Rapedollar$
09-10-2013, 10:59 AM
hmm... interesting....

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 11:16 AM
hmm... interesting....

shh......hear that? that's the sound rape makes when he's about to ban someone...

jwtemp
09-10-2013, 11:43 AM
tl;dr - Your account got VAC banned, you made this post to tell us all about it, the reasons behind it, how valiant you are, etc. and you want us to accept that you aren't a cheater despite the fact that the system least likely to be fallible says you are.

I should note, WCS matters not to me, so I don't have a dog in this fight at all. Whether you continue to play WCS here is completely irrelevant to me. I will say though you pegged it precisely right. Most are just going to assume you finally got caught and move on. I'll say this - I've never watched you play but I've heard claims that you hack and I've never heard of a false positive VAC ban. I don't believe VAC institutes bans for bhop scripting either as I think that's a server rule and not a universal rule, but I could be wrong on that.

Fortunately for you, you know the truth of the matter, so convincing us of it does what for you exactly? Allows you to play here and maintain your identity? You easily could have just opened a new account and gotten to it and honestly man, the guilty are usually the loudest on the Internet (Mut).

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 11:49 AM
tl;dr - Your account got VAC banned, you made this post to tell us all about it, the reasons behind it, how valiant you are, etc. and you want us to accept that you aren't a cheater despite the fact that the system least likely to be fallible says you are.

I should note, WCS matters not to me, so I don't have a dog in this fight at all. Whether you continue to play WCS here is completely irrelevant to me. I will say though you pegged it precisely right. Most are just going to assume you finally got caught and move on. I'll say this - I've never watched you play but I've heard claims that you hack and I've never heard of a false positive VAC ban. I don't believe VAC institutes bans for bhop scripting either as I think that's a server rule and not a universal rule, but I could be wrong on that.

Fortunately for you, you know the truth of the matter, so convincing us of it does what for you exactly? Allows you to play here and maintain your identity? You easily could have just opened a new account and gotten to it and honestly man, the guilty are usually the loudest on the Internet (Mut).

he's not saying it was a false ban, and vac does ban for bhop scripts. from what i can tell it's based off player reports and evidence, much like our system. because of that if we have no evidence of hacking here (we don't, otherwise he'd be banned already), he's free to get a new account and keep playing.

posting this if nothing else answers the question "hey i2o4 why'd you get a new account OH LOOK YOU GOT VAC BANNED WHY WAS THAT?!!"

plus it's logical, given his interest in setting up an offline bhop server posted elsewhere recently.

another thing it does is let us know to keep our eyes out for him scripting in the future.

jwtemp
09-10-2013, 11:54 AM
I know you guys think you are some real bloodhounds when it comes to 'sniffing out' duplicate accounts, but seriously, he could have made a new account and kept playing here. There are people doing it as we speak (not suspected, I know for a 100% fact).

I can't imagine Valve bans on someone saying THAT GUY WAS BHOP SCRIPTING without investigating/evidence/patterns/etc. Also, if VAC bans for bhop scripting, how on Earth is it allowed on ANY server? I do believe Valve takes VAC bans pretty seriously and doesn't just hand them out willy nilly.

Everything I'm coming up with on the Steam forums indicates VAC bans aren't instituted for bhop scripts, only executables or changed/altered game code. This seems like an attempt to get out ahead of getting caught to me. But again - I couldn't care any less about the outcome. I just find it entertaining as I know this has been an ongoing discussion among several.

Edit: Changed 'VAC bans on someone' to 'Valve bans on someone' above.

SCRIBBLE
09-10-2013, 12:04 PM
JW: There are bhop injections which will get a VAC ban.

jwtemp
09-10-2013, 12:06 PM
JW: There are bhop injectibles which will get a VAC ban.

Indeed - and that would not constitute a script, it would be an executable.

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 12:12 PM

an executable would normally cause an automatic vac ban. one that doesn't happen immediately would be based on reports and evidence. since VAC can't control all methods of cheating through their program alone, they can sometimes review evidence and make the bans manually. vac can't tell if it's an exe or a script, but they can make the ban either way. we know i2o4's been bhopping, we know he's used scripts, but we have no evidence that it happened on this server.

and yes, a player like i2o4 would have certainly been detected by us if he made a new account. new players playing well always raise a red flag. i personally haven't been in-game much recently, but when i am i always check into new names with good scores, especially in wcs.

SCRIBBLE
09-10-2013, 12:19 PM

I read this far -

Everything I'm coming up with on the Steam forums indicates VAC bans aren't instituted for bhop scripts
- and replied, should have kept reading.

jwtemp
09-10-2013, 12:25 PM
an executable would normally cause an automatic vac ban. one that doesn't happen immediately would be based on reports and evidence. since VAC can't control all methods of cheating through their program alone, they can sometimes review evidence and make the bans manually. vac can't tell if it's an exe or a script, but they can make the ban either way. we know i2o4's been bhopping, we know he's used scripts, but we have no evidence that it happened on this server.

and yes, a player like i2o4 would have certainly been detected by us if he made a new account. new players playing well always raise a red flag. i personally haven't been in-game much recently, but when i am i always check into new names with good scores, especially in wcs.

Alls I'm saying is everything I'm reading indicates bhop scripting is not VAC ban-able. Find some evidence to the contrary and I'll accept your thesis. Scribble, here's the Steam VAC page:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

Pay special attention to the following paragraph:

While server admins may choose to ban specific players, server admins cannot VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated - contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided.

The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries.

Therefore, if Valve is following their own outlined policies, you are wrong. He was banned by an automated system for using something VAC detected. That or VAC just randomly bans people, this is the first I've ever heard of it and i2o4 is an innocent victim.

As for you crazies definitely sleuthing it up and finding him out if he used a different account, that's pure speculation. Again, you play with people who shouldn't be playing on IBIS with you when you play. :icon_mrgreen:

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 12:37 PM
hmm. i assumed since you had the opportunity on steam to report an account for cheating that they actually...i dunno, used that feature.

who knows then. either way, we need evidence of it occurring on ibis servers.

SCRIBBLE
09-10-2013, 12:37 PM
No, I meant I should have kept reading your post.

Masskid
09-10-2013, 01:47 PM
ooooooooo this means I'm rank 4 now :D

CYBER
09-10-2013, 02:35 PM
ooooooooo this means I'm rank 4 now :D

Did this officially just make tom the #1 ranked player in the server right now ? -.-

oh and i2, fuck yo couch nigga ... now i gots to carry those teams (and faily miserably) without your sorry ass -.- </3

Masskid
09-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Did this officially just make tom the #1 ranked player in the server right now ? -.-

oh and i2, fuck yo couch nigga ... now i gots to carry those teams (and faily miserably) without your sorry ass -.- </3

No it makes Ronnie #1

and also Cyber you have troubles carrying yourself >.>

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 03:41 PM
No it makes Ronnie #1

and also Cyber you have troubles carrying yourself >.>

cuz he's so fat, right?

What
09-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Cyber often carries the team, that being the nick name for his balls

Rapedollar$
09-10-2013, 03:51 PM
There are people doing it as we speak (not suspected, I know for a 100% fact)

SOMEbody just earned a talking to....

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-10-2013, 04:13 PM
this thread is fucking stupid. Really is.

I would file for an appeal... play the stupid card as im almost positive you know exactly why you were vac banned in the first place. Then share with us why you were actually vac banned! The smell of fish is strong with this thread.

My piece of mind about this. Though it is true that having a vac ban does not = being perma banned at ibis, i will say that i have seen players get perma banned from here while appealing there bans, for getting vac banned during those appeals. The fact alone that you out play every single player in WCS every single time you are there, including spasm and other players who are known to be much better then everyone else. Then to turn around and get vac banned, is suspicious in itself. What my peers here are saying is... "oh he posted a thread about it, vac just made a mistake, this dosnt warrant any sort of investigation, derp" You then play the Bhop scripting card and appear to have the knowledge regarding the consequence of using those kind of scripts in our servers and in vac secured servers. Why did you not disable them before joining our servers. The fact that you were vac banned as a result of joining our servers is enough for me to tell that you either tried to use a script we would perma ban for or have been using those scripts in our server.

edit: also, vac ban shows you were banned today.

Edit 2: being that you claim you are 100% innocent in this matter, it wouldn't hurt to tell me what time of day today you tried to join our servers that resulted in a vac ban. The source tv demo will show you connecting then being vac banned.

edit 3: Ignore that last edit.. im a derp. 2013-09-10 11:12:28

Wolfenstinger
09-10-2013, 04:42 PM
This makes Malevolence #13 in Vagalion Blade...
Can i put in a request for rank #13 itself then, just because?

Also - don't think VAC Ban = IBIS Ban... just raises eyebrows when you come on a different account and get found out within 2-3 minutes to a week of playing the new account. And then really it's up to you if you want to act differently on the new account or level it differently on WCS, etc.

jwtemp
09-10-2013, 04:52 PM
@brett - Hehe, I've been told plenty what it takes to get banned around here. You basically have to be pissing on the girl while your whole crew watches and your grandma is there holding your state issued ID card. :) There are only a few positions to take on this thread. I think we're just ending up at different conclusions. Not surprising given my tendency to jump to conclusions and your tendency to give the benefit of the doubt.

@Rape - That's fair, but I was only attempting to illustrate a point. :)

@Mikey - Yeah I think I agree, this thread is pointless. Was it an IBIS server join that caused i2o4's VAC ban? If so, Zero should be able to easily pull that log to determine why he got zee boot.

My opinion, if it isn't clear at this point, is that VAC got updated and i2o4 got fucked. :lmao:

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
really you just need clear evidence of cheating on our servers. that'll do it. no pissing required.

jwtemp
09-10-2013, 05:38 PM
really you just need clear evidence of cheating on our servers. that'll do it. no pissing required.

'Clear' is quite a relative and subjective term.

theflyincupcake
09-10-2013, 05:48 PM
i fucking KNEW IT GANGNAM! u filthy hacker bitch :c
all jokes aside, make a new account and help me stack the teams some more c:

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 05:54 PM
'Clear' is quite a relative and subjective term.

"clear" evidence of hacks -
dayum son, could he do dat shit without external assistance?
shit naw! dat nigga prefire like a mothafucka, aint no way he knew dat cat was there holmes!

as opposed to

dayum son, could he do dat shit without external assistance?
shit yea! nigga be on radar, makin all dem footsteps n shit, gave his ass away

enough of situation 1 = ban. we can't just ban without sufficient evidence...we can't ban cuz it looks like someone may be hacking, we have to know they're hacking or we'd be banning people left and right for no reason. shit i woulda been banned after a few months here, if that.

maynard
09-10-2013, 06:04 PM
SOMEbody just earned a talking to....

+1....

Masskid
09-10-2013, 06:15 PM
@Mikey - Yeah I think I agree, this thread is pointless. Was it an IBIS server join that caused i2o4's VAC ban? If so, Zero should be able to easily pull that log to determine why he got zee boot.

My opinion, if it isn't clear at this point, is that VAC got updated and i2o4 got fucked. :lmao:

It wasn't from joining IBIS. He said he got banned on another VAC server (he also hasn't been on IBIS since he moved to Korea). He is just giving us a head up that he had been VAC banned and if he could circumvent it to continue playing on IBIS.

CYBER
09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
It wasn't from joining IBIS. He said he got banned on another VAC server (he also hasn't been on IBIS since he moved to Korea). He is just giving us a head up that he had been VAC banned and if he could circumvent it to continue playing on IBIS.

actually i played with him after he got to korea, and even with his 200 ping he was team leading lol... then again, he did mention that lag only truly shows up when playing a teleporting/flying/zipping race.

well i2, all i can really tell you that you "officially" have no reason to not be allowed to play in ibis, on another account i mean, because you clearly cannot join on your current one...

Whether you hack or not, and whether the vac ban is truly for scripts on another server or not, that's between you, God and well... Valve lol...

but i aint got a beef with ya, and if u came back, u know whose team to join and help -.-

would love to see you start leveling again and not whore the op races at rank #1 :P
in fact... i think you were a better player before you maxxed out... why? cannot say at the top of my head, but it's my opinion.

Steamer
09-10-2013, 07:00 PM
The only way you could have been VAC banned is by running an "outside" script for that server and or whatever others...
You can not and never were able to be VAC'ed by internal methods. IE: CVAR
VAC's are also delayed at a minimum of 1 week....

Testing of dem bhop hax? http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/11385-Creating-an-offline-bhop-server?p=168271#post168271

You would of been better off with a stand alone *cough*yarrrrr*cough* version of CS:S

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-10-2013, 09:16 PM

Yea you are right, let me go post on valve that anyone who has been vac banned simply needs to post that they have here on these forums then create a new account and play with us. You know, because vac always bans by mistake. If we can prove that he was issued the vac ban when attempting to join our servers... id get rid of him. That would imply he attempted to join our server with cheats/scripts/hax.

Furthermore, why not get your account back if it was a mistake or false positive? Anyone who was wrongly banned most assuredly got there accounts back after filing for an appeal. Your willingness to buy a new game and not even bother leads me to suspect that you are fully aware that what you did to to get banned, was justified. I also am in awe by most of my peers here kissing your feet and accepting this so blindly. If i were you, id be laughing my ass off right about now.

What
09-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Yea you are right, let me go post on valve that anyone who has been vac banned simply needs to post that they have here on these forums then create a new account and play with us. You know, because vac always bans by mistake. If we can prove that he was issued the vac ban when attempting to join our servers... id get rid of him. That would imply he attempted to join our server with cheats/scripts/hax.

Furthermore, why not get your account back if it was a mistake or false positive? Anyone who was wrongly banned most assuredly got there accounts back after filing for an appeal. Your willingness to buy a new game and not even bother leads me to suspect that you are fully aware that what you did to to get banned, was justified. I also am in awe by most of my peers here kissing your feet and accepting this so blindly. If i were you, id be laughing my ass off right about now.

Don't make me fall in love with you again

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 09:46 PM
we have never banned people simply for being vac banned. that is not how our system works.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-10-2013, 09:50 PM
we have never banned people simply for being vac banned. that is not how our system works.

yes, because they are already banned from CSS. We have never banned someone with a vac ban on there record because they were unbanned by valve. Valve recognized a mistake they made and unbanned there access to css because of the players appeal. I can attest to at least 1 person who was ip banned after getting a vac ban in our servers.

SCRIBBLE
09-10-2013, 09:55 PM
There have been several cases where a player had a VAC ban and we did nothing based off the VAC ban. In these cases they were not unbanned by valve. Our procedure is to base our bans off of activity in IBIS servers only. Anything else has been an exception to the rule.

brett friggin favre
09-10-2013, 10:14 PM
There have been several cases where a player had a VAC ban and we did nothing based off the VAC ban. In these cases they were not unbanned by valve. Our procedure is to base our bans off of activity in IBIS servers only. Anything else has been an exception to the rule.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k567/scaleblue/FattyGenius.gif

acolyte_to_jippity
09-10-2013, 11:38 PM
yes, because they are already banned from CSS. We have never banned someone with a vac ban on there record because they were unbanned by valve. Valve recognized a mistake they made and unbanned there access to css because of the players appeal. I can attest to at least 1 person who was ip banned after getting a vac ban in our servers.

wrong. we banned COMIC for having a non-source-engine VAC ban. NYS and Dual were involved in all that.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-11-2013, 12:14 AM
wrong. we banned COMIC for having a non-source-engine VAC ban. NYS and Dual were involved in all that.
Wrong there was another whom was banned for the reason i gave.
Was comic not banned for reasons outside what ever reason he was vac banned for.....
If i recall is was related to Modern Warfare...

Im just saying that it is pathetic to see all of you grovel over this guy for getting vac banned for cheating.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Wrong there was another whom was banned for the reason i gave.
Was comic not banned for reasons outside what ever reason he was vac banned for.....
If i recall is was related to Modern Warfare...

Im just saying that it is pathetic to see all of you grovel over this guy for getting vac banned for cheating.

the official reason given was that COMIC was banned due to a vac ban on his account, which was a few years old and which was from modern warfare. note that this same account was able to play CSS just fine. why would modern warfare matter here?

maynard
09-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Comic was banned cause Dual and NYS simply didn't want him around, so as always they bent our system 2 their will so they could have what they want.

those days are over. We don't ban people for having a vac ban, we believe in second chances, and ban for what people do on OUR servers.

You're free 2 play here, closed as this is a clan matter, and all your bickering is pointless.