PDA

View Full Version : Ping masking WCS server

Peppers
09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
# 1054 "Matthew5181 (No sound)" STEAM_0:0:49387570 25:04 568 2 active

Matthew in the wcs server on css is using ping masker or has his rates set to where it masks his ping.

In scoreboard is shows 5-10, but when you go to console you can see he always has over 500, sometimes over 650.

Has been warned multiple times but continues to play with his ping.

Don't have any admins on f list or I'd just ask 1 to join and tell him it's against the rules.

phil.™
09-29-2013, 04:50 PM
In this case, a demo wouldn't really help. A screen shot with written confirmation would help. I.E. Screen shot of users playing (Tab) along with console with start of the round, where it has all active players, along with the Ping command.

Peppers
09-29-2013, 05:16 PM
I actually purchased admin, was only going to kick him so he knew it was an official warning but he ended up leaving.

I took the screenshots but I guess the one in scoreboard didn't actually take, but have his actual ping.

http://i.imgur.com/K2htTvV.jpg

If he rejoins, I will retake screenshot of the ping it shows in scoreboard.

CYBER
09-29-2013, 06:35 PM
i'll take a look, i have already been noticing discrepancies in his registry for a while now (more on that if you went to the admin section threads), but a picture of his ping alone doesnt cut it, nor a pic of his latency alone because he could just be spiking that day.

u need a picture of both the latency and the console ping in the same pic.

Also, i have already compared the two before, and they were somewhat identical (ping = latency +40ish), but it could be that when i did my test, he wasn't spiking.

so the way i see it is that his connection is PRONE to spike constantly, so he might have a constant ping masker near where his regular latency SHOULD be... and when you noticed that, he was spiking...

keep an eye out. if you get the proof, player will be warned officially by a ULA or clan member (with possible temp ban time if he decides to dodge our arguments), after which he will be brought with more severe charges if he ping masks again, assuming that he was.

- - - Updated - - -

masskid also has a nifty little demo of mathew regardingf that shit.

Masskid
09-29-2013, 07:21 PM
So at 19000 he kinda..... like.... super long swords my ass >.>

CYBER
09-29-2013, 08:57 PM
So at 19000 he kinda..... like.... super long swords my ass >.>
this gets funnier and funnier every time i watch it LOL...

Masskid
09-29-2013, 09:40 PM
this gets funnier and funnier every time i watch it LOL...
You know what also gets funnier and funnier >:) making you rage quit!

Suprise Butsexz
09-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah cyber i was there too, constantly through the 2 maps i played his ping in console was always 550-800 and his tabbed ping never broke 150 from what i saw. Specing him youd see him shoot people that left the spot 1-2 secs ago then theyd die and reappear there constantly.