PDA

View Full Version : Servers Upgraded

ZERO
10-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Today we had quite a bit of down time. However, this was not for your regular updates... We have moved from 1 server to 2 much faster servers which are now running our game servers! The new network of IBIS Gaming Servers has a 400% increase in ram and hard drives and almost double the CPU power. These new servers will allow IBIS Gaming to continue to grow for years to come and for us to be able to ensure that the servers are running as fast as possible.

The FTP and other systems will come online over the next few hours. All addresses ect will remain the same as they always have been :wtg:

phil.™
10-28-2013, 09:35 PM
NICEEEEEEE!!!! :wtg:
This will help reduce server lags, less constant crashes?
I'm excited, time to turn away customers and play all day at work.

ZERO
10-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Access to demos has been restored.

ZERO
10-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Psychostats systems have been reattached to the servers.

Assassin
10-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Woot woot. Keep it coming Zero :)

ZERO
10-28-2013, 11:31 PM
The old server will be shutdown tomorrow night so please report any issues you find before then. After tomorrow we will be on the new servers for good.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-29-2013, 12:29 AM
I just want to say, NS2 was running 100% flawlessly.

yay!

Mad Maxx
10-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi all, so I've been so excited to play and nice to see the server running well. Some issues that have come up
1. still lose knife if tagged in mid air with para
2. the minecraft skins for admins stay on the next map after it.
3. still some issues with the physics and vehicles (ie. players getting jolted off boats etc)

I am sure there are some more areas for growth on the server, just some things I have noticed since the update. Thanks Zero et al.

Belay last message, server running fast with no crashes. Previous issues have been brought forward already.

Corn Dog
10-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Yay! no more noobs (colby) blaming thier lack of skill on server lag:wtg:

ZERO
10-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi all, so I've been so excited to play and nice to see the server running well. Some issues that have come up
1. still lose knife if tagged in mid air with para
2. the minecraft skins for admins stay on the next map after it.
3. still some issues with the physics and vehicles (ie. players getting jolted off boats etc)

I am sure there are some more areas for growth on the server, just some things I have noticed since the update. Thanks Zero et al.

Belay last message, server running fast with not crashes. Previous issues have been brought forward already.

Those are all engine errors caused by valve. I will need to look into the skin issue.

ZERO
10-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Also as a reminder NS2 is 75% off now so grab it while you can :wtg:

Jackie Marlow
10-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Zero are my hero

Mad Maxx
10-29-2013, 08:53 PM
yeah no worries some stuff i've noticed with the server since the update. nothing else really as of yet. will keep my eye/ear out. Thanks Zero.