PDA

View Full Version : [ADD] ad_egon_world

Zackychuu
11-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Map: ad_egon_world (de map)
Reason: This map is frickin' huge. Lots of great hiding spots, lots of sniping spots, lots of different sneaky routes to objectives. I have had some great games on regular CSS playing this map so I think with a full server and balanced teams, this map would be amazing on WCS.
The only problem I could forsee, is that it's fairly easy to do a quick-plant on regular CS, so with a vagalion/bond getting the bomb every round, it would be an even quicker plant, thus leading to possibly quite a few T wins. The only way that could be countered is if the lion/bond wasn't being given the bomb, and the CT team had quick reactions.
As I've never played this map on a WCS type server, I don't know what the sky box situation is like.
I think this map should at least be given a trial period, it's not the kind of map for a 5v5 though, unless the players were up to it.

Honestly, one of my favourite CS maps, but it's not to everyones tastes. So I wont be upset if this gets rejected.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-04-2013, 09:41 AM
ehhh...

idk. i'm pretty sure we used to have egonworld on the server, and i know we had it on gg.

not sure how i feel about this tbh.

what does maymay think?

What
11-04-2013, 08:00 PM
The really large maps usually turn into a flying race whore fest. Sure humans can hide in corners and such, but quick plant is a huge problem. In general though, I have never seen a huge map, like rats homestudio or the garden one, work well on wcs. The lack of or presence of skyboxes also present huge issues.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-04-2013, 08:15 PM
In general though, I have never seen a huge map, ... or the garden one, work well on wcs.

lol, i laughed. Sunstroke is a fucking amazing map for WCS. the problem is the players, not the map. too many people just whore races.

What
11-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Humans are like invisible on that map, and anyone that can fly or spidy, has a huge advantage. They can get to the bombsite in a matter of seconds, but if people don't have a flying race it takes way to long, its nearly impossible to defuse once its been planted.

Wolfenstinger
11-05-2013, 12:18 AM
lol, i laughed. Sunstroke is a fucking amazing map for WCS. the problem is the players, not the map. too many people just whore races.

this. and i'm one of them every now and again only with personal goals set.

What
11-05-2013, 12:23 AM
this. and i'm one of them every now and again only with personal goals set.

Fancy whoring is still whoring :icon_mrgreen:

Zackychuu
11-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Suntroke is awful...
All the player models are all shiney and messed up...

Wolfenstinger
11-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I enjoy de_deathcookin still.... but wish it had a 2nd bombsite.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I enjoy de_deathcookin still.... but wish it had a 2nd bombsite.

deathcokin, nightfever, 3rdstreet, sunstroked, cyberwar_beta...

so many awesome maps that are ruined because of the server population. back in the day, there were no issues w/ people whoring races, because A) people weren't assholes, and B) people just got the fuck over it.

Wolfenstinger
11-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, sec I'm getting raped. Better go Molecule and/or Human and kill that guy EVEN THOUGH I'M ON THE WINNING TEAM.

Also back on topic with map, if you're looking for skybox just mod the gravity when you get on the map

sv_cheats 1
sv_gravity 100 or 0 (set it back to 100 when you want to fall)

What
11-05-2013, 02:12 PM
, there were no issues w/ people whoring races, because A) people weren't assholes, and B) people just got the fuck over it.

Aren't you not doing B right now though?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Aren't you not doing B right now though?

dfferent situations. i'm not getting over whiney bitches complaining about some of the best maps to grace the servers.

Passarelli
11-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Humans are like invisible on that map, and anyone that can fly or spidy, has a huge advantage. They can get to the bombsite in a matter of seconds, but if people don't have a flying race it takes way to long, its nearly impossible to defuse once its been planted.

How is this different from de_dustanesi or many other maps currently available on the server? Vaga/Santa/Spidy can all plant the bomb in the first 15 seconds if not less, and unless you have one of those races, it is quite hard to make it to the bombsite with reasonable enough time to defuse and kill those covering the bomb. However, this map still gets played. Maybe not as often as the more popular maps, but played nonetheless. Many maps currently on the server have this issue. People counter them or RTV. One of my favorite strategies on maps such as these is switch to molecule, buy a kit and hide near the bombsite. Ignore everything after the bomb is planted and go for the bubble defuse.

People whoring races is part of the game. I have come to accept this and have thus learned to counter most of the races. It doesn't work every round (What being molecule so I switch to shadow hunter), but it sometimes does. If this gives me trouble still, (not enough team support to sneak up behind him/bad luck with hex) I'll pick a different strategy; say Spiderman, Jack, or even Undead armed with flashbangs. If people ask nicely, I'll almost always switch races if my team is dominating. However, people raging with no attempts of being amiable will typically just causes me to continue playing that race. As long as I am not carrying my team, I will also often offer to switch teams to try to balance them (though people typically turn me down :banghead:).

There are also races that typically fair much better when the scores are widely skewed, especially if the team organizes. For example; two players switch to Bloodmage and pick a nice spot where they can light a campfire for the first minute or so and 2-3 people switch to Magician and after rushing to their deaths proceed to buy cloak, ring, health or cloak, ring, lace when they proc bird. Cloaked birds fair very well on maps without skyboxes and can even defuse the bomb with a kit before the Ts notice and manage to shoot them.

Just because a map may give some races an advantage, doesn't mean they should be disqualified. The CTs can get to the bombsite with those races just as quickly. Humans have this advantage on other maps (human on aztec in the water under bridge or in the rafters of assault). Santa and Vaga are both absurd on crackhouse and dolls and yet these maps are played many times every day. Santa and vagas--after the first laces are bought--are neigh useless on office whereas other races, such as shadow hunter and nebula are much better then on other maps. Spiderman is just good on nearly every map. Not much you can do about that except changerace and counter it.

Just remember, WCS is just a highly complex game of rock/paper/scissors with hundreds of possible combinations--thousands with full teams--played with guns. If the map is playable and allows interesting new strategies to be formed it would be a valuable asset to the server.

What
11-06-2013, 06:38 PM
How is this different from de_dustanesi or many other maps currently available on the server? Vaga/Santa/Spidy can all plant the bomb in the first 15 seconds if not less, and unless you have one of those races, it is quite hard to make it to the bombsite with reasonable enough time to defuse and kill those covering the bomb. However, this map still gets played. Maybe not as often as the more popular maps, but played nonetheless. Many maps currently on the server have this issue. People counter them or RTV. One of my favorite strategies on maps such as these is switch to molecule, buy a kit and hide near the bombsite. Ignore everything after the bomb is planted and go for the bubble defuse.

People whoring races is part of the game. I have come to accept this and have thus learned to counter most of the races. It doesn't work every round (What being molecule so I switch to shadow hunter), but it sometimes does. If this gives me trouble still, (not enough team support to sneak up behind him/bad luck with hex) I'll pick a different strategy; say Spiderman, Jack, or even Undead armed with flashbangs. If people ask nicely, I'll almost always switch races if my team is dominating. However, people raging with no attempts of being amiable will typically just causes me to continue playing that race. As long as I am not carrying my team, I will also often offer to switch teams to try to balance them (though people typically turn me down :banghead:).

There are also races that typically fair much better when the scores are widely skewed, especially if the team organizes. For example; two players switch to Bloodmage and pick a nice spot where they can light a campfire for the first minute or so and 2-3 people switch to Magician and after rushing to their deaths proceed to buy cloak, ring, health or cloak, ring, lace when they proc bird. Cloaked birds fair very well on maps without skyboxes and can even defuse the bomb with a kit before the Ts notice and manage to shoot them.

Just because a map may give some races an advantage, doesn't mean they should be disqualified. The CTs can get to the bombsite with those races just as quickly. Humans have this advantage on other maps (human on aztec in the water under bridge or in the rafters of assault). Santa and Vaga are both absurd on crackhouse and dolls and yet these maps are played many times every day. Santa and vagas--after the first laces are bought--are neigh useless on office whereas other races, such as shadow hunter and nebula are much better then on other maps. Spiderman is just good on nearly every map. Not much you can do about that except changerace and counter it.

Just remember, WCS is just a highly complex game of rock/paper/scissors with hundreds of possible combinations--thousands with full teams--played with guns. If the map is playable and allows interesting new strategies to be formed it would be a valuable asset to the server.

I, Disagree.

Zackychuu
11-07-2013, 04:57 AM
On my main community, we find it's always best to add a server and play it during peak times to find the general consensus from the main player base, have a few admins on at the time to listen in and see how it goes.
If people like it, then awesome, if people don't, then it either gets left and forgotten or removed.

Just spitballing ideas not just for my map suggestion, but for all map suggestions.

the_best_noob
11-12-2013, 06:50 AM
a highly complex game of rock/paper/scissors with hundreds of possible combinations--thousands with full teams--played with guns.
God, this sounds fun.

Zackychuu
01-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Bump? :3
Seriously though, would love to test this on the WCS server at some point.