PDA

View Full Version : [Remove] zm_cell_games_b

Pierogi
01-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Reason:
zm_cell_games_b blows hard. The creator put all the 40 spawns next to each other so at the beginning of every round it's crowded as fuck. Before you can move anywhere its almost time for zombie to spawn. Apparently when the map was made 4 months ago it never occurred to the author that the server will constantly have 35+ people playing. Furthermore the map has an annoying feature where over 50% of the map is randomly set to be unaccessible. I only played it for about 10 minutes and I never want to see that shitstorm again.

If you absolutely need another reason to remove it, here is a new version: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/178329.

Tickle Me Emo
01-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Yes please. This map is awful, it's a huge clusterfuck, and there are no good places to hide or cade.

Pierogi
01-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Actually I want the map to be replaced by a new version (b2). The link to new version is in first post.

When I think to when I first made this map it was actually designed for 20-25 people max, and then I added extra spawn points just in case. The result was 20 CT spawns at the bottom floor of 1 hall and 20 T spawns right next to that hall at the same level. In b2 version spawn points are now spread in 4 different locations across the map, and on different floor levels. The order of spawn points is also shuffled to further dilute the crowd. However, the biggest difference is that all of the map is now unlocked and available to players. The map should now feel at least 2-3 times bigger. Finally, I added/improved many locations. To show that there are good places to survive I made a count: 15 barricades, 16 holdouts/hideouts. About 50% of the above is secret or not obvious to set up. I personally consider 80% of these good/very good.