PDA

View Full Version : Reserved slot not working

Roddy01
01-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Hi,
I purchased a reserved slot for the NS2 server the other day and I still can't join the server when it has 22/22 slots filled. As far as I know my steam and NS2 IDs are correct on my profile. The only option I was given to pay my $2 was to use paypal. On paypal it says that my payment is pending until the 18th. My guess is that this is the problem. Does this mean that I wont get my reserved slot until then? If so, I would love to work out a way to activate my slot before then because I was not offered another method of payment and I have no control over when IBIS or paypal decides to advance my payment. Love the sever, thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Xerenix
01-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Not sure if it's the same in NS2 but reserve slot usually only works when it's 21/22 with the last slot being left for reserve.

ZERO
01-10-2014, 11:50 AM
The subscription does not start until the payment is received. Similar to how if you order a physical product it would not ship out until the payment actually arrives. Do not worry though as the time spent in pending is not counted against you. Your 1 month sub will automatically begin on the date that the payment is received and your reserved slot rights will automatically take effect at that time.

Roddy01
01-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Alright. I figured that was the problem. The order page looks as though there may once have been a payment option in addition to Paypal. I don't know how difficult it is to set up direct billing to credit cards on your budget but if it isn't a huge hassle, it would be great for people like me. It's a little frustrating to to have to wait so long for my slot to activate (which I realize in this case is Paypal's fault) especially when the registration/payment process for IBIS is a little more involved and time consuming than for other similar services. I have no way of knowing weather I will still want my slot by the time my payment goes through which may discourage others in my situation from making a payment to the server. Anyway, that's just been my experience and I'm sure there is a lot about the process I don't understand, just something that occurred to me. Thanks for the response, see you ingame!

JigSaW
01-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Yea, paypal kinda sucks. It works better if you use a credit card with hit, as it will clear immediately.