PDA

View Full Version : Nominate Command Addition

Jeimuzu
03-10-2009, 06:15 PM
At times in IBIS ZM there are maps that most people might not like playing, when an admin isn't on to change the map, and the 7 maps in the nominate list get a tad boring. It might be nice if there was a way that you could press 8 or something to go to another page of maps to nominate.

I found quite a few maps that might be good to put on the nominate list:
ze_blackmesa_escape_final
ze_retribution
ze_rooftop_runaway_extended_v6
ze_space_stationzz
zm_3dubka_v3
zm_beachstrike_b2
zm_churchofmint_fix <recommended
zm_desert_fortress_v2 < recommended
zm_fidlers-green_b2
zm_hospitalv4
zm_natalyas_ship_v3 < recommended
zm_policeprison_fix <recommended
zm_poon_institute_b1
zm_roy_barricade_factory < recommended
zm_roy_highway
zm_scrapyard_b3
zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1 < recommended
zm_tx_highschoolbeta7 < recommended
zm_westwoof_final < recommended
zm_wintercomplex_b1

Additions to the above:
zm_csk_4corners_b2 < recommended
zm_forgotten_town
zm_mall_beta_b1
zm_holdout_mountain_fixed
zm_ocx_orly_v4
zm_tension_tf2_vx
zm_vc2_winterfun

inthebutt
03-13-2009, 11:13 PM
lol I already change the maps to most of these anyways james

Jeimuzu
03-14-2009, 12:54 PM
lol I already change the maps to most of these anyways james

Then where are you right now? The map is zombie ranch and most people want to change it to desert fortress.

Jeimuzu
03-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Days later and still no one has bothered to reply as to if this is a good idea or bad one?

Jeimuzu
05-13-2009, 04:07 PM
I think I'll just start talking to myself. It is months later and late at night I still hear complaints about the rtv list having so few maps to choose from.

Hodgie
05-13-2009, 04:25 PM
It's finals time for college kids. And its almost Zero's 21st birthday. Once you're in college, you'll understand how busy the end of a semester and finals week is. (That's not a jab at you, just pointing out a fact). I'm sure Zero will be able to make a lot of updates once the summer starts.

deprodigy
05-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I can't wait till Fall, when I can play steady again.

I LIKE TURTLES
05-14-2009, 07:03 AM
At times in IBIS ZM there are maps that most people might not like playing, when an admin isn't on to change the map, and the 7 maps in the nominate list get a tad boring. It might be nice if there was a way that you could press 8 or something to go to another page of maps to nominate.

I found quite a few maps that might be good to put on the nominate list:
ze_blackmesa_escape_final
ze_retribution < recommended
ze_rooftop_runaway_extended_v6
ze_space_stationzz <recommended
zm_3dubka_v3
zm_beachstrike_b2
zm_churchofmint_fix
zm_desert_fortress_v2 < recommended
zm_fidlers-green_b2
zm_hospitalv4
zm_natalyas_ship_v3 < recommended
zm_policeprison_fix
zm_poon_institute_b1
zm_roy_barricade_factory < recommended
zm_roy_highway
zm_scrapyard_b3
zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1 < recommended
zm_tx_highschoolbeta7 < recommended
zm_westwoof_final
zm_wintercomplex_b1 < recommended
zm_zdf_marioescape

Haha you think that only having 7 maps is bad? There are fewer choices in the GG server... You guys are lucky!

Jeimuzu
05-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Months later, summer, PEOPLE FINALLY RESPONDED! Wait, has it been months yet? What year is it again?

You should put up some maps to add to the GG rtv list Turtle. Now that it's summer, according to Hodgie, Zero will hopefully be able to make a bunch of updates.

But yeah, I knew he had college and stuff, but he was pretty active at the time I made this thread. Then again I think a lot of more important threads were taking the attention away from this one at the time.

And good, if your there Deprodigy, it means there's one more admin that can change the map when my admin runs out. Unless any of you feel like buying it for me. <.<'

inthebutt
05-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Months later, summer, PEOPLE FINALLY RESPONDED! Wait, has it been months yet? What year is it again?

You should put up some maps to add to the GG rtv list Turtle. Now that it's summer, according to Hodgie, Zero will hopefully be able to make a bunch of updates.

But yeah, I knew he had college and stuff, but he was pretty active at the time I made this thread. Then again I think a lot of more important threads were taking the attention away from this one at the time.

And good, if your there Deprodigy, it means there's one more admin that can change the map when my admin runs out. Unless any of you feel like buying it for me. <.<'

yay for updates!!!! it feels like we've been waiting for a year zero hahaha

Jeimuzu
05-28-2009, 11:11 AM
We have.. I think.. Still don't know the year.

๖ReS
05-28-2009, 05:54 PM
We have.. I think.. Still don't know the year.

Hahahah, Well its the year 2390 of course !
Im typing with my mind right now. :lmao:

Jeimuzu
05-29-2009, 12:24 AM
I must be poor then.... Or maybe I didn't give into the machines!

mastercheff
05-29-2009, 12:05 PM
i still don't get why we don't have a bigger nominate list james is right those maps do get bland after a while and zm_hospital is horrible in my opionion to many ppl crowding to get to one spot

Jeimuzu
06-15-2009, 08:17 AM
So now that my admin has run out, and Zero's computer should be finished sometime today, hopefully bringing this thread back to the top will allow Zero to take a look at this, since it's still an annoyance in the server.

mastercheff
06-15-2009, 08:30 AM
yes small list bye big list hello wOOt

Mallissin
06-16-2009, 09:14 PM
I seem to remember a discussion about this a year ago. If I remember correctly the RTV script can only handle a list of a certain length, whereas the admin scripts can handle a nearly indefinite length?

Even if we only have a short list, most of the maps James has listed as recommended would be worthwhile to have on the list.

I think Zero's intentions with the rating system was to create an automated system that would put maps we all liked into the RTV list (like a Top10 or 20 list). It's a great idea but takes work and Zero has a lot on his plate.

Jeimuzu
06-25-2009, 10:20 AM
I've seen it done, where every map has been on the RTV list on servers. So at least it is possible.

But yeah, the updates are coming!

JigSaW
06-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Updated the nominate list to include Jeimuzu's full list.

thanks

Jeimuzu
06-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Whoa, seriously? I LOVE YOU!

-=NYS=- C.O.
07-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Ask and you shall receive my fine feathered friend. LOL

Jeimuzu
07-03-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm glad things are finally getting updated, along with some new maps. Jigsaw just needs to add abandoned mall now.

&&toasties
07-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm glad things are finally getting updated, along with some new maps. Jigsaw just needs to add abandoned mall now.

D:

I wanna play all these new maps...

;_;

Kavinsky
07-04-2009, 03:55 PM
doesn't the nominate option do jack shit to begin with?

&&toasties
07-04-2009, 10:47 PM

No idear.

Jeimuzu
07-07-2009, 08:37 AM

The nominate command works. Just, before it had no decent maps to nominate.