PDA

View Full Version : ZE_Icecap_escape_V5 (Buoy)

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-15-2014, 01:23 AM
The above screen shot explains it all. this map provides humans an escape that can not be ruined by zombies. Without parachutes, which is against the rules in ZE maps already, it is physically impossible to reach these humans who use th orange as a means to reach the bowie. Im not asking for the orange to be banned but rather, the booyie to be banned from jumping onto as it is impossible for zombies to reach this spot without parachutes.

Test for yourself, it is impossible.

VLKhgh
02-15-2014, 01:34 AM
I agree it is pretty much impossible to get to as a zombie, but with the skill and time it takes to get there, I think it should be a legit spot, but I completely understand if that spot is banned because I do agree it is a cheap spot.

sup
02-15-2014, 01:36 AM
Do it, it's a gayass delay spot. I don't even go there anymore because it's just boring to wait 3 minutes.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-15-2014, 01:36 AM
Like i stated, it is completely impossible without parachute.

Alderleet
02-15-2014, 01:43 AM
Yeah, the spot is impossible to get to. :/

RofLoLmao
02-15-2014, 01:43 AM
The above screen shot explains it all. this map provides humans an escape that can not be ruined by zombies. Without parachutes, which is against the rules in ZE maps already, it is physically impossible to reach these humans who use th orange as a means to reach the bowie. Im not asking for the orange to be banned but rather, the booyie to be banned from jumping onto as it is impossible for zombies to reach this spot without parachutes.

Test for yourself, it is impossible.

Yes. +1. Do it. Make it a bannable spot. Does anyone wanna build a snowman?

$Money$
02-15-2014, 01:48 AM
I thought awhile back I read somewhere on here that if you jump right as a Poison you could possible get the tag. IDK never seen it done or even tried.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-15-2014, 02:12 AM
I thought awhile back I read somewhere on here that if you jump right as a Poison you could possible get the tag. IDK never seen it done or even tried.
I have tested it, it is not possblie. if another, whom is a better Posion zombie than me can make the jump in a private setting.. then id lauagh at them. 1 249 and a scout = impossible. No matter who is jumping. the fact that admins are the one using this spot the most and it has yet to be posted... disheartens me.

It is the most requested map on the server by anyone who is good, based simply off this particular spot. it is impossible.

sup
02-15-2014, 02:24 AM
I have tested it, it is not possblie. if another, whom is a better Posion zombie than me can make the jump in a private setting.. then id lauagh at them. 1 249 and a scout = impossible. No matter who is jumping. the fact that admins are the one using this spot the most and it has yet to be posted... disheartens me.

Well, in their defense it's difficult and time-consuming to get to. You have to activate 3 buttons spread out across the map, the first of which requires you to miss the tram and boats at the start (if you're fast enough you can usually, but not always, make the second boat). Then you have to successfully get to the final boat dock, navigate the invisible catwalk to get to the rig, press the last button and then jump onto the orange before it leaves without you, and finally make the very last jump at the end of the map to the buoy itself, which is the hardest part and requires perfect timing, especially since around that point the humans usually trigger the nuke, which temporarily blinds everyone for a few seconds, so there's a good chance you'll have to make the jump totally blind. It's still an unfair spot, but you're really taking a lot of unnecessary risks to get there, and unless the human team is really bad, they almost always win anyway. Just putting it into perspective. This isn't like the wall on Beach 2 where any jerk who spawns in the right spot can press an insta-win button.

garey40
02-15-2014, 02:31 AM
ill make a demo later tonight of different ways to get there as a zombie. only a skilled zombie could do this though, and imo with the effort and skill needed for orange an auto win round is well worth the effort and risk it takes.

$Money$
02-15-2014, 02:38 AM
It is the most requested map on the server by anyone who is good, based simply off this particular spot. it is impossible.

That and if your about to get tagged, easy suicide without penalty. I agree with ya though, it is a sucky spot.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-15-2014, 02:39 AM
Well, in their defense it's difficult and time-consuming to get to. You have to activate 3 buttons spread out across the map, the first of which requires you to miss the tram and boats at the start (if you're fast enough you can usually, but not always, make the second boat). Then you have to successfully get to the final boat dock, navigate the invisible catwalk to get to the rig, press the last button and then jump onto the orange before it leaves without you, and finally make the very last jump at the end of the map to the buoy itself, which is the hardest part and requires perfect timing, especially since around that point the humans usually trigger the nuke, which temporarily blinds everyone for a few seconds, so there's a good chance you'll have to make the jump totally blind. It's still an unfair spot, but you're really taking a lot of unnecessary risks to get there, and unless the human team is really bad, they almost always win anyway. Just putting it into perspective. This isn't like the wall on Beach 2 where any jerk who spawns in the right spot can press an insta-win button.

Point one! if a player makes it to the buoy, with out a doubt, humans win... that leaves for a 3 min wait time until time runs out or IF the buoy perps manage.. shoot all zombies off the edge.
Second: It does not matter the effort, when every single round, its admins i see on this buoy, screaming about how the managed to get their and how so and so will lose points because they can not tag them. Bottom line, the only people defending this spot are rank whores, this spot being banned ( which it should) would ruin the 100% survival rate. Bottom line, it is disgusting that a spot like this has not yet been reported. Than to find that all the current admins, are the ones using it??? Double disgusting. Iv been back as an admin for about 4 days now. Iv seen icecap played overr 50 times. 40 of those times, this i mpossible "cade" has been used, and worked every single time.

the saddest part about this spot is that all and just about any opposition this spot will get will be from admins.
ZM needs some serious fixes and change. Admins neglecting to report blatant spots like this? Because they get personal rank and gain from it??? it is disgusting.

euronews
02-15-2014, 02:43 AM
vlk it doesnt take skill to get there all you need is buttons

F-Zombie
02-15-2014, 03:05 AM
That screenshot shows an impossible spot. I was told it was an OK spot when I asked. Barricaded crouch spots are more legit than this spot. You can just AFK and win, no skill involved.

Water = Instant Death for Zeds

sup
02-15-2014, 03:59 AM
Point one! if a player makes it to the buoy, with out a doubt, humans win... that leaves for a 3 min wait time until time runs out or IF the buoy perps manage.. shoot all zombies off the edge.
Second: It does not matter the effort, when every single round, its admins i see on this buoy, screaming about how the managed to get their and how so and so will lose points because they can not tag them. Bottom line, the only people defending this spot are rank whores, this spot being banned ( which it should) would ruin the 100% survival rate.

Yeah, it would drop it down to a 95% survival rate instead. Honestly, icecap is a map that is overwhelmingly stacked in favor of humans, buoy or not. Unless the humans are really bad or there are some really good zombies, it's practically a win by default.

Bottom line, it is disgusting that a spot like this has not yet been reported. Than to find that all the current admins, are the ones using it??? Double disgusting. Iv been back as an admin for about 4 days now. Iv seen icecap played overr 50 times. 40 of those times, this i mpossible "cade" has been used, and worked every single time.

Maybe it hasn't been reported because clan already knows about it? As I tried to tell you in game (I'm somewhat racist fyi), at least Steamer and Anex both know about it. I know Anex knows about it because I've camped that spot before while he was a zombie and he patiently instructed the other zombies that it's a legal spot. So let's not pretend that this is some dirty little cheap spot that only a few manipulative people know about.

the saddest part about this spot is that all and just about any opposition this spot will get will be from admins.
ZM needs some serious fixes and change. Admins neglecting to report blatant spots like this? Because they get personal rank and gain from it??? it is disgusting.

I know a few things about rank whoring on this server, and I can tell you that grinding out wins on icecap by going through an elaborate, risky process to get to the buoy at the end is not a remotely productive way of gaining rank points. In fact, any good player would be much better off playing through it legitimately and helping his team win the already-easy map faster so that more rounds can be played and more wins can be accumulated. If the buoy is a problem for any reason, it's that it's a troll spot. You can taunt the rest of the server by dragging out a round longer than necessary. If it should be banned, do it for that reason. Not because it turns a map with a 95% chance of victory into a map with a 100% chance of victory.

Steamer
02-15-2014, 04:09 AM
99% impossible situations are illegal(which I'm not sure this is with team of poisons). Delaying rounds on escape maps and not persuing objective is illegal. I don't remember if spot survives nuke. If does not, illegal and stupid worthless spot with risk. As racist put it, troll spot. Map blows anyway.

VLKhgh
02-15-2014, 05:13 AM
Mikey I've absolutely had it with your non sense. I understand you think the spot is illegal and it's understandable that you want it removed. I'm not complaining, I think it is a troll spot (I agree with Racist 100% on everything he stated) and I do not care if it's banned, but admins are not the only ones who use it. You've been back for less than a week and already act like you know it all. And when you sit there and criticize me and other admins, I am completely offended. "99.9% of the rules you enforce are made up". No, I actually do know the rules and I have read the rules list multiple times so don't tell me I don't know them. If we ever enforce something that's not specified in the rules it's because we've heard other admins do it. CORRECTING US IF WE'RE WRONG IS THE PROPER THING TO DO, WE WILL FOLLOW, LEARNING IS PART OF LIFE. But don't you sit there and criticize other admins thinking you're above everyone, because you're not. Next time something happens, be nice, state your opinion in a mannerly format, not just criticize. Thank you.

$Money$
02-15-2014, 05:32 AM
Bottom line, it is disgusting that a spot like this has not yet been reported. Than to find that all the current admins, are the ones using it??? Double disgusting.

I have only seen 1 or 2 admins use this spot, most of the time its just regular players.

Once again, admins aren't the only ones who can uses this. Ive only seen 2 admins use this before, so I don't know where your getting this from. I do believe "Somewhat" when he said he played with aNex before. As much as we have played this map, im pretty sure someone would have noticed this.

Iv been back as an admin for about 4 days now. Iv seen icecap played overr 50 times. 40 of those times, this i mpossible "cade" has been used, and worked every single time.

Just for the hell of it I went back 4 days to actually see how much smoke you were blowing, seems we have only played the map 10 times since 10Feb. I know you been around a while but before you get on here talking shit and telling us were all wrong, get your shit right!

brett friggin favre
02-15-2014, 06:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XNhfI.gif

garey40
02-15-2014, 08:37 AM
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/indiana-jones-popcorn.gif

Meltdown
02-15-2014, 08:50 AM
I hate orange's the melon is the way to go pro.

jeb the hick
02-15-2014, 08:53 AM
If you're a poison you can hop from the boat to the first island, then reach the orange as it passes by. This has already been discussed though, it takes great risk for the humans to get there, so it stays.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-15-2014, 12:47 PM
I have only seen 1 or 2 admins use this spot, most of the time its just regular players.

Once again, admins aren't the only ones who can uses this. Ive only seen 2 admins use this before, so I don't know where your getting this from. I do believe "Somewhat" when he said he played with aNex before. As much as we have played this map, im pretty sure someone would have noticed this.

Just for the hell of it I went back 4 days to actually see how much smoke you were blowing, seems we have only played the map 10 times since 10Feb. I know you been around a while but before you get on here talking shit and telling us were all wrong, get your shit right!

you only need to play this map once to see that the buoy is impossible.
Again, im not asking for the fucking orange to be illegal, im asking that the buoy be illegal. More often then not, i do see admins using this spot and that does not change the fact that i find it disgusting that such an easy camp to win spot has not been reported.
Edit: Bottom line, Buoy should be an illegal spot.
Edit: money, that may be true, however i was refering to rounds. Some of which i sat in spec to watch this spot in action.

sup
02-15-2014, 02:42 PM
If you're a poison you can hop from the boat to the first island, then reach the orange as it passes by. This has already been discussed though, it takes great risk for the humans to get there, so it stays.

You can actually get to the island with fast and maybe predator zombies too. Also, if the humans are slow to activate the orange, zombies can jump from the boat and tag the humans on the orange when it moves around the island. I've done that before. Always a lot of fun.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-15-2014, 03:18 PM
You can actually get to the island with fast and maybe predator zombies too. Also, if the humans are slow to activate the orange, zombies can jump from the boat and tag the humans on the orange when it moves around the island. I've done that before. Always a lot of fun.

However, im not asking for the orange to be illegal, im asking for the use of the buoy to be illegal.

sup
02-15-2014, 04:43 PM
I know that. But the point is that there are many opportunities for humans to die/get tagged on their way to the buoy. It's just another example.

Meltdown
02-15-2014, 05:26 PM
There 2 issue's here

1. 80% of the people on the server just don't know hot to get to the platform where the humans are camping on. Which results in unnecessary long rounds an everyone gets bored to death. even if you got 1 or 2 people know what to do, to do this right you need a force to have the slight chance of tagging the guys camping over there.
2. To get the point where your practically invincible you have to de a certain steps, it not like you can get there without a problem, allot of steps have to be measured to do this.

I don't mind if it stays but cannot be bothered to make that spot illegal. if just the people knew what to do we wouldn't have had this discussion.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-15-2014, 06:42 PM
i dont understand what is so difficult to understand. I dont care about the orange, activate it all you want, ride it all you want, but dont jump to the buoy and prolong the round by camping an impossible spot. I understand that a skilled zombie can tag the people on the orange before it gets to the buoy but that dosnt excuse the fact that even if they make it past the little island, they can still jump to buoy. THE BUOY should be illegal, not the use of the orange.

jimmay
02-15-2014, 09:58 PM
I hear what you're saying Mikey but if zombies have a legitimate chance to prevent humans from even reaching the buoy once humans are on the orange then I don't agree with banning the spot. jebby pointed this possibility out using poison and Evil demonstrated it tonight as a deform. Demo is attached. Start spectating Evil at tick 40K. I get that your point is to ban the buoy and not the orange but the orange is the only way for humans to get to the buoy. Zombies can clearly intercept and prevent the buoy from being reached.

Steamer
02-15-2014, 10:25 PM
This is a skill and teamplay issue. Plan ahead of time. You know the map. Not 99%. Legal and closed.