PDA

View Full Version : Wcs

VacProof
05-04-2014, 01:29 AM
there was a big WCS update months ago please add so we can have so much more races and fun. been playin here for 4 years now... :\

ZERO
05-04-2014, 05:53 AM
WCS versions have no relation in any way to our ability to get new races given that I physically make all the new ones anyways.

Assassin
05-04-2014, 09:25 PM
And what he creates is balanced so...stfu and he will get them if and when he gets time to do so...unless you are a monster coder and would like to donate your free time to do so? I'm sure Zero would love the help.

ZERO
05-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Also there is the fact that builds like the ones that I have not updated to have API changes which require reprogramming every single race... these changes are often very arbitrary and that is why I now have my own api layer for my races and as all the races get reprogrammed with the new api layer that I use I will then be able to modify all the races at the same time with a single change to update very quickly. While it does take the same amount of time to implement my api as to update to their new one the first time after that it saves a lot of time and currently the reprogramming I am doing is not limited to just api updates but also rebalencing and bug fixes as all the races that we currently have which contain a lot of bugs are usually races that I did not 100% program myself. Thus by reprogramming all remaining races to be 100% my code they also no longer have strange bugs from sometimes wacky code practices.

Hopefully I can finally finish this this summer so that I can then release to you all the format and general coding practice guidelines which will be required for users to then submit their own code. This is also when I will work on building a native extension for cs:go conversion so that we can have a go branch for all existing races.

$Money$
05-05-2014, 04:01 AM
This is also when I will work on building a native extension for cs:go conversion so that we can have a go branch for all existing races.

Don't talk about CS-GO, you will get me too excited :smirk::wtg:

Yolo Swaggins
05-05-2014, 07:19 AM
Hopefully I can finally finish this this summer so that I can then release to you all the format and general coding practice guidelines which will be required for users to then submit their own code. This is also when I will work on building a native extension for cs:go conversion so that we can have a go branch for all existing races.

This just got me hard. I do personally have a decent amount of experience coding races though I haven't done it since 1.6 was relatively new. If you are accepting help with any part of this process let me know and I'll see if I can still be useful in that application.

Assassin
05-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Also there is the fact that builds like the ones that I have not updated to have API changes which require reprogramming every single race... these changes are often very arbitrary and that is why I now have my own api layer for my races and as all the races get reprogrammed with the new api layer that I use I will then be able to modify all the races at the same time with a single change to update very quickly. While it does take the same amount of time to implement my api as to update to their new one the first time after that it saves a lot of time and currently the reprogramming I am doing is not limited to just api updates but also rebalencing and bug fixes as all the races that we currently have which contain a lot of bugs are usually races that I did not 100% program myself. Thus by reprogramming all remaining races to be 100% my code they also no longer have strange bugs from sometimes wacky code practices.

That is an awesome idea. You're going to be so busy when that comes out though lol. You might need help from some other clanners or something to process all the requests when they first start flooding in.

kionay
05-05-2014, 10:40 AM
This just got me hard. I do personally have a decent amount of experience coding races though I haven't done it since 1.6 was relatively new. If you are accepting help with any part of this process let me know and I'll see if I can still be useful in that application.

That is an awesome idea. You're going to be so busy when that comes out though lol. You might need help from some other clanners or something to process all the requests when they first start flooding in.

I would be vehemently excited to help code :D