PDA

View Full Version : Mafia game?

CYBER
05-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Ok. so clearly the forums have been dead recently, and I would like to freshen up the population here, perhaps with new faces.

Who is interested in having a good ol' mafia game, I will try to make it as simple as possible (no complex bullshit).

If I get more than 15ish people interested, i will start writing the lore and setup.
If someone is interested in co modding with me, let me know, but i would very much prefer someone who has modded before like What, Nemesis, Tom, or to some extent blade, in order to keep me in check on simplicity :)

If you want in, player or mod, comment below with what you want.
If you want a specific theme, post ur request. I already have one in mind for this one, but I will try to accommodate if i feel comfortable with said theme :)

- - - Updated - - -

ps: Spread the word in the servers, especially to previous players.

brett friggin favre
05-09-2014, 12:28 AM
fuck it. why not

Locust
05-09-2014, 12:37 AM
Sure i'll join

Nemesis
05-09-2014, 08:19 AM
I'm in. Ill co mod if no one else wants as long as its not full of stupid shit.

SCRIBBLE
05-09-2014, 08:32 AM
I'm in. My suggestion is a prison theme.

phil.™
05-09-2014, 08:40 AM
I'm game, but I don't know how to play =\

Wolfenstinger
05-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Still debating due to last few times I just did weird things.

irishrush
05-11-2014, 10:18 AM
im down

the_best_noob
05-11-2014, 11:14 AM
I'll join, if it doesn't require you to be on at a specific time every day or some routine like that.

Nemesis
05-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Cyber, it's been a long time since we did these, I would suggest keeping the first one small and very simple. even if its only 8 people or so it'll garner interest and grow from there.

irishrush
05-11-2014, 09:50 PM
will this be like zmod in cs?
sounds cool

Nemesis
05-11-2014, 09:58 PM
will this be like zmod in cs?
sounds cool

What? No. Are you fucking retarded? Hey everyone! I found Helen Keller! Everyone come look! Come look!

What
05-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Might want to post links to rules and whatnot so people understand what they are doing as well.

Sin
05-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Comparing it to zmod is accurate. You just camp and wait for shit to happen the whole time. Gay as fuck.

kionay
05-12-2014, 09:43 AM
sounds interesting enough

for what it's worth i can code, but i've never coded for modding, so i'm not so sure how much help i might be

i'm vaugly interested, if you write good lore that'll probably be what hooks me

SCRIBBLE
05-12-2014, 10:24 AM
it is a forum game.

wiki.mafiascum.net

to get a general idea: wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

CYBER
05-12-2014, 12:44 PM
it is a forum game.

wiki.mafiascum.net

yeah i'm probably going to be using the mafiascum version of the mafia game instead of epicmafia.com.

But for those who have ABSOLUTELY no idea what mafia wars is, try this flash tutorial.
Remember, races can be a bit different depending on server and game mod, much like a wcs race name, but focus on the gameplay logic behind it here;
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2007/354/a/1/Mafia_Roles_by_mikeburnfire.swf

- - - Updated - - -

Cyber, it's been a long time since we did these, I would suggest keeping the first one small and very simple. even if its only 8 people or so it'll garner interest and grow from there.

don't worry, if anything i am fucking rusty AS FUCK. took me a good 10 mins to remmeber the website i used to refer to... so im genuinely gonna end up with some nearly classic shit

- - - Updated - - -

please remember that if you want in, make sure u vote on the poll up top to make it easier for me to get the names ...

looking at u kionay, and wolf... and others

Erdenay
05-12-2014, 01:01 PM
I'd be willing to play or co-mod.

Masskid
05-12-2014, 05:07 PM
orange

Rapedollar$
05-12-2014, 05:29 PM
orange

fuck... i was gonna go with that......

potato....

damnit....

Old Bastard
05-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Lemon?

Nemesis
05-12-2014, 09:55 PM
12 people. That's a good number. I'd say there's enough interest to start this up, no?

What
05-12-2014, 10:22 PM
12 people. That's a good number. I'd say there's enough interest to start this up, no?

Perhaps, but everyone needs to remember to breath, the game is not meant to take place in a single day, so we need to give time to let things happen, that being said, make sure the days are not so long that there are 60 hours of silence before the deadline and then people complaining they need more time when the clock is about to expire. If you are going to play, play, be around, not 12 hours a day, but acouple times a day would be nice.

Nemesis
05-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Perhaps, but everyone needs to remember to breath, the game is not meant to take place in a single day, so we need to give time to let things happen, that being said, make sure the days are not so long that there are 60 hours of silence before the deadline and then people complaining they need more time when the clock is about to expire. If you are going to play, play, be around, not 12 hours a day, but acouple times a day would be nice.

Most active times seem to be at night anyways. But people have to remember that some of us aren't poor mexicans and have jobs so not being around could mean we're at work or sleeping.

Nemesis
05-12-2014, 11:20 PM
I guess I should also add that any noobs that have questions, now is the time to ask them. Asking during the game isn't always the best bet.

What
05-13-2014, 12:54 AM
And honor system jackholes. No talking about the game outside the thread, were gonna need some zero tolerance snitches on this shit.

Nemesis
05-13-2014, 12:58 AM
And honor system jackholes. No talking about the game outside the thread, were gonna need some zero tolerance snitches on this shit.

Exactly. There's a lot of things you can do that will really fuck up the game even if you don't mean to, so you better ask now.

Sin
05-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Snitches get stitches.

Old Bastard
05-13-2014, 09:09 AM
How do you play? Simple question with a not so simple answer.

phil.™
05-13-2014, 09:41 AM
How do you play? Simple question with a not so simple answer.

it is a forum game.

wiki.mafiascum.net

Pretty thorough enough for a read.

the_best_noob
05-13-2014, 04:47 PM
I'd love to do this, but if it starts up, pm me on forums or steam, as I may not have access to a computer for another month or two, depending on certain conditions.

What
05-13-2014, 07:40 PM
I'd love to do this, but if it starts up, pm me on forums or steam, as I may not have access to a computer for another month or two, depending on certain conditions.

So....what? Do you have access to a computer to go onto the forums or are you going to be completely shut down for two months?

kionay
05-14-2014, 09:19 AM
moderating, modifying :P

sounds like in big cases it can get very complicated, but i'm game XD

SHITDICKS i voted on the wrong thing!
errrrr, damn, i am not a veteran, i am a new player, i do not want to co-mod >.>

the_best_noob
05-14-2014, 06:52 PM
So....what? Do you have access to a computer to go onto the forums or are you going to be completely shut down for two months?

I would be completely shut down for about a month, so the game is a no go for me is I can't get a computer by whenever the game happens

CYBER
05-16-2014, 08:53 AM
1- acolyte_to_jippity,
2- Blackmage,
3- brett friggin favre,
4- Erdenay,
5- irishrush,
6- Locust,
7- Nemesis,
8- SCRIBBLE
9- kionay,
10- What
11- Lily,
12- Old Bastard,
13- phil.™,
14- the_best_noob
15- ?

OK.
So i'm counting 14 people in the poll, did I miss anyone who POSTED they wanted to play but were too much of a cuntnugget to vote on the damn poll? :)
And some people posted without saying if in or out...I'm not counting you in since not on poll. Looking at u wolf and mass and rape etc.
The setup will be simple enough to mod alone. So Tom and What are players now.

I'm gonna start creating the setup and flavor text for a setup of about 13-16 players in case I got last minute changes.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER FOR ALL PLAYERS:

KEEP IN MIND, I am REALLY trying to make this setup as simple as i possibly can without making it an absolute boring classic/newbie/c9/F11 setup.
So be aware that there WILL be some simple VANILLA townies, and I would ask anyone who gets assigned such role to not bitch at me for getting a less-interactive role, and to stay active in the game and vote properly so that people don't lose interest.
We know being vanilla isn't engaging, but it's part of the game, because letting EVERYONE have powers/modifiers will turn the game into another fuckfest we got accustomed to.
Who knows the next time you can have a power in game if you get the luck of the draw.

CYBER
05-16-2014, 12:50 PM
the 14 players above have been locked.
setup created.
roles assigned.
Aliases for each player assigned for lore.
Lore being written as we speak.

I will send out each person's role and alignment by the end of the night. Right after I create the new thread that will handle the game and close this one.

EVERYONE MAKE SURE TO CLEAR YOU INBOXES at this moment to make sure that my PM will get through.

Lily
05-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Sounds cool. Waiting for PM :D