PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break Wars (Mafia)

Pages : [1] 2 3

CYBER
05-16-2014, 02:28 PM
This game's theme will be PRISON BREAK, because someone requested a prison theme.

List of players invited for this game:

acolyte_to_jippity (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/669-acolyte_to_jippity), Blackmage (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/587-Blackmage), brett friggin favre (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/1337-brett-friggin-favre), Erdenay (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/2969-Erdenay),irishrush (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/724-irishrush), Locust (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/3075-Locust), Nemesis (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/97-Nemesis), DJ_mikeyreville (replacing scribble) (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/878-DJ_mikeyreville), kionay (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/5128-kionay), What (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/3096-What), Lily (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/5215-Lily), Old Bastard (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/1794-Old-Bastard), phil.™ (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/3931-phil-%E2%84%A2), W (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/member.php/5547-the_best_noob)olfenstinger (replacing best noob)

I'm off to work now, so expect all personal messages to be sent out later tonight.
I just needed the thread so that I can direct to it in the PM.

Those who were asked to confirm in the thread, please type <confirmed> (not color coded), when almost everyone is confirmed, DAY 1 will begin when i post the scene.

I ASK EVERYONE TO NOT TALK TO ANYONE about your/their roles. If you have a partner, you can only talk to them when DAY 1 in game is over, and NIGHT 1 begins!

REMINDER FOR NEW PLAYERS.

RULES OF IBIS MAFIA GAME: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/10828-WCS-themed-Mafia-Game?highlight=mafia
Mafia Glossary of Roles seen in the past: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/11118-The-Definitive-Mafia-Thread-Role-Wiki?highlight=mafia

Mafia Roles source that I'm mostly basing upon in this game: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page
So if you are wondering about some technicality in your role, or how they interact with other roles, search for it here because I will mostly be basing on this.

WE ARE PLAYING A PRISON BREAK mafia wars theme. So for those who want information about the show or their character (for lore purposes), try this wiki: http://prisonbreak.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

For previous Mafia games (for whatever fucking reason), search ibis forums for "Mafia" or "Wars" or "Scum" in the discussion section for a list of those.

IF you have questions, ask me directly in FORUM PM ONLY so that i can keep track of all communications.
You do not ask other players.
I will always reserve the right to answer/note answer/ ignore your question if i believe that it interacting with that question might be too revealing to the plot.
Make sure you all add me on steam if you haven't yet, just in case.
ANYONE WHO ISN'T me or in the above list is NOT ALLOWED TO POST ON THIS THREAD, whatsoever.

----
update:
Best noob quit and i was waiting to see if im gonna be forced to rebalance it, but wolfenstinger is helping out and replacing best noob's seat officially.

Nemesis
05-16-2014, 07:38 PM
Awww yisss

Blackmage
05-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Quick, mass claim before we get roles!

Old Bastard
05-16-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm game and watched every episode of Prison Break, now I just need to remember it.

Blackmage
05-16-2014, 08:24 PM
For all new players, and rusty players, Rule #2 is of UTMOST importance.

2. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.

Mostly bringing this up because I almost went back and edited my post...

I watched the first 2 seasons, then it got too silly for my tastes. It was on my to watch list, guess it got bumped up.

CYBER
05-16-2014, 08:48 PM
I started sending out the roles. When everyone is confirmed I will post the day 1 scene and the game will officially begin.

And blackmage hit it on the nail: NO MATTER WHAT, UNDER ANY Circumstances, do you edit a post.

If you want to add on to something you simply reply again and build on it, if u said smthn wrong and want to correct it, you clearly disclose that you made a mistake, typo, miscomprehension and the following is to rectify said error.

Even for voting, heck ESPECIALLY for voting and claiming, you use'vote: name' in BOLD RED, or 'unvote' in bold green, and "vote : no lynch" in bold yellow to make it easy for me to go through the infinite posts looking for votes. You Never edit anything and you can simply unvote a person a revote another or the same person again as many times as u want, I wouldn't mind, so longrule 2 is never broken or THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES depending on severity

What
05-16-2014, 09:23 PM
*no color*<confirmed>*no color*

Blackmage
05-16-2014, 09:26 PM
<Confirmed> and more characters

brett friggin favre
05-16-2014, 09:37 PM
Confirmed, or whatever

CYBER
05-16-2014, 09:38 PM
All PM sent out.
Everyone please confirm asap so that I start working on the story for day 1.

For those who have partners, if any, yes you CAN steam chat them instead of forum writing them, but like i said, the only thing that matters is to not talk to eachother about the game except when the game's "Night time" starts.

SCRIBBLE
05-16-2014, 09:49 PM
"confirmed"

phil.™
05-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Confirmed.

Wolfenstinger
05-16-2014, 10:48 PM
<Confirmed>

Nemesis
05-16-2014, 10:55 PM
(confirmed) fuck your pointy brackets.

CYBER
05-16-2014, 11:44 PM
Orange

seriously mass. get out of the thread. thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

if you are not signed up to the game and have been contacted by me to confirm, you do NOT post in this thread...

Old Bastard
05-17-2014, 06:27 AM
< C o n f i r m e d >

kionay
05-17-2014, 11:45 AM
< C o n f i r m e d >

Locust
05-17-2014, 05:56 PM
< Confirmed >

CYBER
05-17-2014, 09:07 PM
if anyone sees aco, lily, irish, and tom,
tell them to confirm on the damn thread already because i just started writing the day 1 scene and i'm gonna post it late at night, so you night owls will have smthn to do tonight, and you normal people should expect posts to read by morning

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 12:22 AM
just start!

What
05-18-2014, 01:28 AM
Yeah late at night my ass, im westcoast and its almost morning here.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Sorry. been having major college issues.

confirmed.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Irish is sitting on the forums too. Retard isn't paying attention.

CYBER
05-18-2014, 02:44 AM
Sry..
i was busy with surprise "overnight guests" from the US... you fucking people always have the worst damn timing.
i told irish on steam to check on forums. clearly the new people need to be reminded to check in once every 6 waking hours at least to optimize the course of this game without constant waiting time...
I was hoping to give the benefit of the doubt to irish and tom who told me they saw their pm, and lily who has been afk, but it's time to start.

Finalizing scene. gimme 15 mins.

What
05-18-2014, 03:00 AM
over 15

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 03:04 AM
He meant a Mexican 15

What
05-18-2014, 03:15 AM
Over 30

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 03:25 AM
Over 30

You know he's finally gonna post it and then it's jsut gonna be you and me arguing how much of a Mexican Cyber is.

What
05-18-2014, 03:28 AM
You know he's finally gonna post it and then it's jsut gonna be you and me arguing how much of a Mexican Cyber is.

not like the first scene is gonna give us a shit load of info, so yeah probably

CYBER
05-18-2014, 03:30 AM
(...)
"LIKE I SAID, I didn't do it! No matter what that fucker on the outside thinks. I'm being framed."
- Yeah yeah we know! You're innocent, everyone here is innocent! Right papi? Still, in Fox River, you have to know who you want to keep close, and who to keep closer. Now are the rumors true?
"What rumors?"
- There's talk that you, Mr innocent, and some recently incarcerated loco have plans in motion to get the hell out of this shit place. Between the guards, the surprise inspections, and the powerhungry dirtbags ruling this joint, I could use a little fresh air, comprendes? And speaking of locos...
"Where the hell were you? Any updates yet?"

>> I had to get my daily doze of "insulin". And as for you,the rumors are true. But for the time being, let's keep it on the down low for the day. I need to do my own assessment of who to bring along, we don't want any obstacles here, and that includes people who want us bending over, locked up or dead. Are we clear?
- Hey, just count me in. I'll watch your backs, hermanos.
>> Good. Bottom line is, we're breaking out of Fox River when the time is right. And the time is right when we've weeded out everything and everyone that can screw up with us getting our freedom. Wait, what the hell is happening!?...

EVERYONE LINE UP in front of your cells!

Don't you fucking tell me what to do. Remember who you're dealing with. We can make your life a living hell here, remember that.

​Lay off me man, I'm just doing my job. EVERYONE STRAIGHT TO THE YARD. We have some "guests" over for a surprise inspection!

"Surprise inspection? By who?"
- This is gonna be a looong day, amigos...

Day 1 Begins:
With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

What
05-18-2014, 03:31 AM
The grammar is awful, what does that tell us?

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 03:37 AM
The grammar is awful, what does that tell us?

He has experience sounding like a Mexican?

What
05-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Well imma go to sleep soon, but better start the normal debate, first day lynch, yes or no. I'm pretty sure its clear from past games where i stand.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Well imma go to sleep soon, but better start the normal debate, first day lynch, yes or no. I'm pretty sure its clear from past games where i stand.

And I still disagree with you.

What
05-18-2014, 03:42 AM
And I still disagree with you.

yep, so now we wait for other voices.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 03:45 AM
So, the first debate is to randomly lynch someone or to not randomly lynch someone.

CYBER
05-18-2014, 04:09 AM
For those who remember, Every now and then, especially when a lot of votes and unvotes happen, I will post one of those pictures of the current tally.
Always remember that if you find a mistake in the picture, make sure u inform me in this thread. And I will either confirm a mistake and fix, or deny any mistakes happening.

Currently. 14 players alive. need 8 on same person to lynch.
you "vote: nameOfPerson" and "unvote" by writing them with this font and color to make it easier for me to scroll through.

http://i.imgur.com/n5ayryB.png

This game is specifically designed to enforce communication among players to optimize the gameplay. So make sure you open up all sorts of conversations because boosting forum activity is the sole reason for this game :)

Remember, you cannot talk to anyone about this game outside of this thread, that includes possible partners and trying to solicitate information from the mod. I will reserve the right to ignore your communications to me if need be. No editing allowed.

If someone is not active ESPECIALLY when PROMPTED to be active by the mod in order to get the show going, OR if someone breaks any rules, I can reserve the right to punish that person and/or replace them.

Lily
05-18-2014, 05:08 AM
<Confirmed> (kinda late, but w/e i'm European)

With that done, the debate begins. To lynch or not to lynch that's the question.. I do not have an answer to that yet.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 05:10 AM
<Confirmed> (kinda late, but w/e i'm European)

With that done, the debate begins. To lynch or not to lynch that's the question.. I do not have an answer to that yet.

well, what's your class?

Lily
05-18-2014, 05:12 AM
You sir, are very funny

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 05:13 AM
You sir, are very funny

lol well there's always one.

Wolfenstinger
05-18-2014, 05:25 AM
I admit it... I'm sorry. I stole some things in the past.

I give up! Lemme out. :banghead:

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 09:33 AM
well since no one is talking I'm going to bed. I'll be back at work.

brett friggin favre
05-18-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm a level 27 shaman. Just for you nem ;)

Anyway I'm on the no lynch side, cyber won't be too crazy after the games last year, we can afford an info-gathering day

kionay
05-18-2014, 10:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/n5ayryB.png

Lionay

ಠ_ಠ

Anyhoo, I'm all for a no lynch info day
Info is our friend :D

Blackmage
05-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Well, the first question becomes, does anyone want to volunteer any information?

Given we have an unknown number of VTs, do we want those players to claim so we don't waste docs on them, or have them stay undercover so the enemy has a harder time shanking the power roles? Not claiming has the problem of letting people hide under the guise of VT when they don't want to claim later, but I think hiding our resources is a good plan.

If we suppose one of the "good" inmates has a "gun/shank", do we want them to use it? If it's one use, I'd say no, but if it's multiple use, it can be used in lieu of a D1 lynch, granted relying on the paranoia of one man. Though we might have a shank anyway if we have a SK.

Anyone want to venture and guesses as to the flavour, such as what the sides are like, or the setup? How many VT and mafia do we think we have? With 14 players, something around 9-5, 9-4-1, 8-4-2. Probably 3 to 5 VT. Mafia probably have 1 or 2 powers. Or do we want to just not make any assumptions? Do we think we have more than 2 sides? I'd assume not, but given how much loyalties shift, could be 2 mafia with 2 or 3 each. On the game flavour, I'm only about half way through the first season, and the only "true" enemies I can see are prison guard McDick and the government people. Everyone else are "good", begrudging allies, or wildcards.

What
05-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Well, the first question becomes, does anyone want to volunteer any information?

Given we have an unknown number of VTs, do we want those players to claim so we don't waste docs on them, or have them stay undercover so the enemy has a harder time shanking the power roles? Not claiming has the problem of letting people hide under the guise of VT when they don't want to claim later, but I think hiding our resources is a good plan.

If we suppose one of the "good" inmates has a "gun/shank", do we want them to use it? If it's one use, I'd say no, but if it's multiple use, it can be used in lieu of a D1 lynch, granted relying on the paranoia of one man. Though we might have a shank anyway if we have a SK.

Anyone want to venture and guesses as to the flavour, such as what the sides are like, or the setup? How many VT and mafia do we think we have? With 14 players, something around 9-5, 9-4-1, 8-4-2. Probably 3 to 5 VT. Mafia probably have 1 or 2 powers. Or do we want to just not make any assumptions? Do we think we have more than 2 sides? I'd assume not, but given how much loyalties shift, could be 2 mafia with 2 or 3 each. On the game flavour, I'm only about half way through the first season, and the only "true" enemies I can see are prison guard McDick and the government people. Everyone else are "good", begrudging allies, or wildcards.

"People claim VT": A: No way to prove any claims, so I don't see the value. Why wouldn't mafia or a third party claim to be VT? No way to verify and its not like you can call people out on that since we will have a good number of them.
B: Even if all the VT claim, and everyone believes them, you just narrowed down the number of targets for the mafia significantly, which is a terrible idea.
C: VT are by their nature, relativity expendable, you don't want them all to die obviously, but if its them or town power role, like doctor or cop, you're going to choose VT to die all day. So you want them in there to generate confusion.

"Vigilante" A: Why would we encourage the vigilante, or some other role with a gun, to fire a random shot tonight? If you think its best to not lynch during the day, I fail to see how randomly killing someone at night based on one person's beliefs will be any better.
B: If its a serial killer, they need to be found asap. While they can kill mafia at night, its much more likely they will hit town since town should greatly outnumber the mafia.

"Players" With 14 players, I would guess 4-5 non-town, so it could be a few mafia and a serial killer or some other third party. We can make all of the assumptions we want about the set up, but at this point its pure speculation. Also, this was supposed to be a relatively simple game to work the new players in, not role maddness, so it should not be like there is a bunch of weird ass night powers going off.

irishrush
05-18-2014, 02:01 PM
irishrush <Confirmed>

CYBER
05-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Its understandable that day 1 is ALWAYS the longest and slowest day due to the usual lack of information and prior debates, but am I going to have to enforce a 2
36-48 countdown here or are people gonna start passing other ppl off? I mean, discuss? :)

I'd much rather avoid time limits, but they have been enforced in the past until story was on track.

- - - Updated - - -

On a plus side. All plays officially confirmed since Tom confirmed reception by steam while busy with his graduation shit.

Blackmage
05-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Well, first, I let out the portion of that post mentioning I am generally against D1 no lynch. As someone once put it, "Lynching can kill scum, scum kills can't". Voting also leads to more information, ect. But given we already have 2 people suggesting no lynch, and not even 1 joke vote, I was looking for a way to still try to get a scum kill. I also DO trust most people here's judgement solo, more than I trust mobs. Also, if we come out collectively and say "don't shoot" rather than leaving it in the air, we make claiming "vig" harder.

On the VT claim. The information it could give us depends on what roles we think are in the game. If we have a tracker, watcher or role cop, we could check the claims. Town players could bluff as VT to hide power roles. Same as it lowers targets for the scum, it lowers the targets for our doc. If scum claim VT, our doctor wouldn't be protecting them either, so our doc would actually have an even better shot at protecting the right target. It's information we can use, just as they can. Since people are suggesting NL D1 for the sake of information, I brought it up. It's an option, I'll admit not a great one, but I'd rather not just dismiss something that could be of some use to people.

Flavour side of things, that's just me looking for any possible information. Since I'm not caught up on the show, input on who the bad guys of the show, and what scum profile they fit if any, and what kind of town roles we might have. Also, if people think Cyber would do 2 small mafia families or not. It's also good to know if people are on the same page about the size of the scum and power roles.

You never really know where things will lead, so I was just spitballing ideas, and trying to get as much information as I could.

Cyber: between new players, and college people, hopefully it'll get better soon. Early morning Sunday may have just been an awkward start time.

CYBER
05-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Mhmm, i was hoping to start on Saturday morning for a full weekend.. But waiting on the confirms delayed my start hard.. And people were being too impatient for me to wait till Monday..

Just trying to rattle u guys up.
I do enjoy those posts doe:)
We will see what happens, I'm sure people will get hyped up when more people start asking questions and analyzing the scenes, flavours and context. U know, the usual shit I expect in my games. Gl hf all.

Mod out.

Wolfenstinger
05-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Alright guys... I'll go ahead and be the first volunteer...

I'm... a criminal.

What
05-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Well Blackmage, I think that may be my quote about first day lynching. I just feel that the debate to lynch someone does develop some information for people to use, and you do have the chance of hitting a mafia or third party, which would be a big jump on things. I also feel that information gathering at night, especially the first night, is no guarantee, and then you run the risk of a day 2 where you have no real information, and are almost guaranteed to be down at least one townie.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 07:17 PM
I think we should look to those who haven't said anything and have been online all day. Especially as new players, makes it seem like someone told them to pipe down

brett friggin favre
05-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Alright guys... I'll go ahead and be the first volunteer...

I'm... a criminal.

bitch we're all in prison, we're all criminals. shiiiit.

as for lynching or no, it's a crapshoot if we do it. no info to go on. all that's gonna happen is one person gets lynched and whether they're town or not, they're not gonna be happy and may not want to play again. as a courtesy to everyone involved, i say no lynch. in fact, i like that argument a lot.

Vote: no lynch

Locust
05-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Sorry I've been teaching a lifeguarding class this weekend and just ended up sleeping and fucking up my sleep schedule :banghead::banghead:

I would edge to the side of those who would not want to lynch on the first day as well as I think it would just end up being way too random. On the other side of the argument though lynching on day 1 leads to us having more information on the second day to help guide us through. Gonna wait for more people to put in their opinions before solidifying any sort of vote since I'll probably be up all night anyway X.x

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 09:06 PM
So I find it strange that Old Bastard, a new player. Has been on all day but hasn't posted, other than to confirm. That makes it seem as if someone has told him not to post, and there's only one group of people who can do that.

What
05-18-2014, 09:44 PM
There are a lot of people who haven't posted yet. Forum hoverers that I have seen so far are Scribble and Phil, irish posted to confirm after the game started. Also, this thread seems to have a lot of people looking at it, but not too many people logged in, which could include Tom, Lily and literally everyone else. Also, you have now implied twice that certain people are not talking due to be instructed not to, but that would in itself imply that those people have already broken the rules, since no one should be fucking talking to each other during the day. I am leaning towards you just using this as a tactic to actually get people to post on the thread though.

Also at Bert's comment. As a courtesy to what? Have them do nothing during the day and then get killed at night? Yeah, that was way more fun, woo.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 09:58 PM
I think he meant as a courtesy to new people, which is suspicious as well, because why would Brett give a fuck about new people?

CYBER
Scribble wrote me saying he has too much rl shit keeping him busy. So mikey is officially replacing him once he receives his role and confirms here.

Hopefully u guys won't rip his throat out in the very first day because some of u loooooove mikey gameplays :p

Nemesis
Scribble wrote me saying he has too much rl shit keeping him busy. So mikey is officially replacing him once he receives his role and confirms here.

Hopefully u guys won't rip his throat out in the very first day because some of u loooooove mikey gameplays :p

Fuck that guy

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Fuck that guy
-Confirmed-
Dude its day 1, must you jump to prison rape so soon?

Locust
05-18-2014, 10:09 PM
-Confirmed-
Dude its day 1, must you jump to prison rape so soon?

Thats what you get for sagging your pants.

Erdenay
05-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Confirm. Will probably start reading tomorrow as tonight I'm still celebrating.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Confirm. Will probably start reading tomorrow as tonight I'm still celebrating.

Ya, we're all happy you came out.

brett friggin favre
05-18-2014, 10:44 PM
nem, a courtesy to all mafia players, but yes especially the new ones. i don't want this to turn into the clusterfucks they did last time. i'd like it if people actually enjoyed it, and survived past the first day, got a chance to use night powers if they have them, that sort of thing.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 10:52 PM
nem, a courtesy to all mafia players, but yes especially the new ones. i don't want this to turn into the clusterfucks they did last time. i'd like it if people actually enjoyed it, and survived past the first day, got a chance to use night powers if they have them, that sort of thing.

lol bullshit, who cares about other people's feelings? That's mafia talk right there.

brett friggin favre
05-18-2014, 11:12 PM
lol bullshit, who cares about other people's feelings? That's mafia talk right there.

Uhh...yeah...the mafia are the ones who care about others.

Well this game is going like all the others. What wanting inactives out, nem tossing out accusations at everyone who's active, cyber talking too much...Just like old times

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 11:16 PM

Well this game is going like all the others. What wanting inactives out, nem tossing out accusations at everyone who's active, cyber talking too much...Just like old times

You forgot Wolf saying useless shit and being unimportant and probably getting lynched on the first day.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-18-2014, 11:22 PM
So are there any lynch votes yet? I'm currently suspicious of Brett.

though Nem is annoying me.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 11:27 PM

What else is new?

CYBER
05-18-2014, 11:30 PM
Only tallied Vote thus far is NO LUNCH vote from BRETT.
Others posted suggestions or bias, but didn't officially vote the way the font/color voting rules require.

- - - Updated - - -

No Lynch.. Not no lunch... Fucking autocorrect...

brett friggin favre
05-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Vote no lunch! Boycott the middle child of major meals!

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-18-2014, 11:41 PM
When is Day 1 dead line?

What
05-18-2014, 11:41 PM

When did I say to get rid of inactives?

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Also there's a difference between being inactive and not talking.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Also there's a difference between being inactive and not talking.

exactly, if someone plans on being inactive for any length of time, they should make it known here. i.e. ""got a huge day of work tmrw, may not be able to post for 10 hours.""

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore, being that we all lack information perhaps we open discussion regarding the series. Discuss whom the main characters are and gather some insight as to what we are looking at. I peronally have never watched the show, so im a bit lost in regards to what i should expect to see for roles.

brett friggin favre
05-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Sorry what, I probably just assumed. Doesn't matter much, there's no info day 1, these posts can only serve us in retrospect anyway, based on info we get in the following days and nights.

Nemesis
05-18-2014, 11:59 PM
which is why we should get people talking.

What
05-19-2014, 12:05 AM
suppose we voted for lunch, what would everyone want? I mean do we each get our own thing or are we going to get a couple dishes and all share?

Locust
05-19-2014, 12:09 AM
I personally don't like sharing my food. But that's just me.

The question for those of you looking to NOT go for the no lynch day 1 is who would you be killing? How are you going to decide that?

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 12:09 AM
suppose we voted for lunch, what would everyone want? I mean do we each get our own thing or are we going to get a couple dishes and all share?

Can't go wrong with pizza. Or maybe some Nip food.

- - - Updated - - -

The question for those of you looking to NOT go for the no lynch day 1 is who would you be killing? How are you going to decide that?

what do you mean?

Locust
05-19-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm asking if you don't want to vote for a no lynch on day one how do you want to plan on deciding who you're going to want to lynch.

Blackmage
05-19-2014, 12:31 AM
Okay, for the people suggesting a info gathering day, how are we planning on getting information? Do we think we have more than one cop/investigator? If it's more than one, how reliable do we think it is? While I hope it wouldn't be sanity cops, a number (such as watchers/trackers/voyeurs) don't tell alignment, some (sensor, forensic) require lynches, bodies or something strange. Also, to get the information, we require an investigator outing himself, and possibly an ally.

For example, with a working cop, I see the following possible results of his night. 1. He finds the guy that was killed, we learn nothing. 2. He's killed, we learn nothing. 3. He finds an innocent. 4. He finds a scum. 5. He gets false information, due to Godfather or Roleblocker or Bus, ect. The first two mean he can't give any information. The 3rd means we out our cop, but have 2 clears, or else end up getting no information. The fourth means we have a free kill and an outed cop, or we have a gambling cop and no new info. The fifth case means we either have no new info, or we get in trouble.

If instead people are thinking we should do follow the cop, I'd vote against. If they have a strongman, Cop's dead right away. If they have a roleblocker, we never get info.

Locust: We pick someone by consensus, in this case, I'd probably aim for a newbie to get them in on the action, force them to role claim or die, and continue this process till we've either screwed ourselves, or found someone expendable/unbelievable. When I say expendable, I don't necessarily mean the first VT claim because we probably would hit one of those early on, but we wouldn't want to get more than 2 or 3 VT before we nuked one to protect the heart of the swarm.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Okay, for the people suggesting a info gathering day, how are we planning on getting information? Do we think we have more than one cop/investigator? If it's more than one, how reliable do we think it is? While I hope it wouldn't be sanity cops, a number (such as watchers/trackers/voyeurs) don't tell alignment, some (sensor, forensic) require lynches, bodies or something strange. Also, to get the information, we require an investigator outing himself, and possibly an ally.

For example, with a working cop, I see the following possible results of his night. 1. He finds the guy that was killed, we learn nothing. 2. He's killed, we learn nothing. 3. He finds an innocent. 4. He finds a scum. 5. He gets false information, due to Godfather or Roleblocker or Bus, ect. The first two mean he can't give any information. The 3rd means we out our cop, but have 2 clears, or else end up getting no information. The fourth means we have a free kill and an outed cop, or we have a gambling cop and no new info. The fifth case means we either have no new info, or we get in trouble.

If instead people are thinking we should do follow the cop, I'd vote against. If they have a strongman, Cop's dead right away. If they have a roleblocker, we never get info.

Locust: We pick someone by consensus, in this case, I'd probably aim for a newbie to get them in on the action, force them to role claim or die, and continue this process till we've either screwed ourselves, or found someone expendable/unbelievable. When I say expendable, I don't necessarily mean the first VT claim because we probably would hit one of those early on, but we wouldn't want to get more than 2 or 3 VT before we nuked one to protect the heart of the swarm.

I dont understand why you are pushing your conversation right now. Speculation with no facts to speculate on, is futile.
Im in favor or no lynch, however, if memory serves me right.... Brett is forever the God Father xD

@locust, it generally boiled down to who was the least active or who caused the most drama and uproar on day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand why you are pushing your conversation right now. Speculation with no facts to speculate on, is futile.
Im in favor or no lynch, however, if memory serves me right.... Brett is forever the God Father xD

@locust, it generally boiled down to who was the least active or who caused the most drama and uproar on day 1.

Scratch that blackmage, just re-read your post and understand now that you are suggesting we somehow plan out an info gathering day.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 12:48 AM
Don't need to plan shit. Just need people to talk. People who don't cast themselves as hiding something.

brett friggin favre
05-19-2014, 12:49 AM
As I asserted, info can only be gained today in retrospect, in light of the night's events. There's no telling precisely how we can gain info from posts until we have a context to place them in, and info-gatherers with info gathered.

Old Bastard
05-19-2014, 01:03 AM
Vote: No Lynch In my opinion this is one of the most interesting parts of the show and what it boils down too, is Betrayal. There will be some of that I guess regardless in this kind of game from what I have gathered, but in the show there is plenty. That's about all I know on the show as it has been quite a long time since I have watched it. Not inactive, just looking for the opportune moment to provide input.

- - - Updated - - -

And with that I will be signing off for the night.

Blackmage
05-19-2014, 01:13 AM
Brett: Can you tell me, under what circumstances, the investigator(s) should come out day 2? Also, if there is a situation where you'd have no investigator come out, what would you have us do day 2?

One problem with expecting information is, we know what we get is going to be limited. This is not role madness. Supposing we lose our cop or doc N1, we would be mostly SOL in the night investigation front. Cop either gives us the N1 info, or keeps risking death every night thereafter. If we lose one D1, at least we have words and actions to go by.

I do agree we should try to get information day one, and given we're playing an even numbered game, D1 no lynch is more feasible than an odd number, but I want to be convinced we will be guaranteed information via no lynch like we are with a lynch.

As a side note: No lynch or not, try not to let voting get too high until after the last few stragglers get around. Even if the votes don't matter, what they have to say may.

Second side note: If anyone ever fake votes/unvotes by not colouring it, I probably won't know for a while, because I usually have no coloured text visible. I'll be trying to remember to check them all, but be warned if I start complaining about votes that didn't happen, it's my own fault.

brett friggin favre
05-19-2014, 01:26 AM
There will be info tomorrow, unless nobody does anything tonight. Claims will be made tomorrow, and there could be info which counters those claims. There is NOTHING today beyond speculation, and the prospect of having even some info tomorrow is much better than the crapshoot it'd be today.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 01:31 AM
I don't understand why you think you can't get info today. That's just not true, which is why people not talking is suspicious because they have something to hide.

brett friggin favre
05-19-2014, 01:32 AM
I don't understand why you think you can't get info today. That's just not true, which is why people not talking is suspicious because they have something to hide.

saying nothing is suspicious. whatever i say is suspicious. just get this outta the way nem, vote to lynch everyone except you all at once.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 01:34 AM
saying nothing is suspicious. whatever i say is suspicious. just get this outta the way nem, vote to lynch everyone except you all at once.

So you're either retarded that you didn't understand the sarcasm or you're retarded because you don't know what you're doing. Either way it kind of makes you seem like a nigger and starting shit.

brett friggin favre
05-19-2014, 01:39 AM
So you're either retarded that you didn't understand the sarcasm or you're retarded because you don't know what you're doing. Either way it kind of makes you seem like a nigger and starting shit.

we're in prison, we're all niggers. i'm not starting anything, i'm trying to not have anything started on day 1.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Something strange I found. In the Pokemon Mafia game Brett was Town-aligned, and he was one of the first to vote for lynching on day one. In the Santa Drug Lord Mafia Game Brett was Town-aligned and was one of the first to vote for a lynch on day one as well.

Now Brett has immediately voted for a no-lynch one the first day, very much out of his usual behaviour. I also find he is being purposely confrontational and out of character, as to draw focus elsewhere.

vote Brett

brett friggin favre
05-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Something strange I found. In the Pokemon Mafia game Brett was Town-aligned, and he was one of the first to vote for lynching on day one. In the Santa Drug Lord Mafia Game Brett was Town-aligned and was one of the first to vote for a lynch on day one as well.

Now Brett has immediately voted for a no-lynch one the first day, very much out of his usual behaviour. I also find he is being purposely confrontational and out of character, as to draw focus elsewhere.

vote Brett

i'm being confrontational towards you because i'm actually managing to hold a more intelligible conversation with a pineapple right now than the one i'm having with you. i learned from my past mistakes, i figure that so long as it's not role madness, a day 1 lynch helps mafia much more often than not. if it's role madness (which this most likely isn't) then everything's a coin toss.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 02:14 AM
Who else has an opinion about Brett's anti-town behaviour?

brett friggin favre
05-19-2014, 02:18 AM

anti-town? i'm the one trying to make sure we don't lynch a townie, cumstain.

speaking of cumstains, i'm going to bed. it's a segway because your mom's in my bed and i stain her with my cum every night.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 02:20 AM

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-19-2014, 02:26 AM

At this point it appears to simply be you, pushing buttons. In attempts to get some sort of viable information. The only thing suspicious about him at this point is the fact that he was the first to vote no lynch, which we could suspect as him attempting to save face early in day 1 as it is usually natural for the mafia to advocate for a day 1 lynch. Even then though... it is still speculation and no where near enough to warrant a lynch.

kionay
05-19-2014, 03:06 AM
At this point it appears to simply be you, pushing buttons. In attempts to get some sort of viable information. The only thing suspicious about him at this point is the fact that he was the first to vote no lynch, which we could suspect as him attempting to save face early in day 1 as it is usually natural for the mafia to advocate for a day 1 lynch. Even then though... it is still speculation and no where near enough to warrant a lynch.
Pushing buttons to get information is great, but brett seemed a bit over eager for the no lynch all throughout. Perhaps you are both mafia, trying to have each other's backs

But again that's pure speculation of course, this is day 1 after all, info is like gold at this point because we hardcore need more of it, which is why I vote:

vote: no-lynch

acolyte_to_jippity
05-19-2014, 03:24 AM
At this point it appears to simply be you, pushing buttons.

This.

Someone brought up the point of the losing the doc/detective this first night. Well, I don't think we should be giving 2 chances for that. Det investigates someone tonight, tells us tomorrow, then the doc starts working his bullshit magic. det keeps on giving us info. we lynch, it'll be completely random, chance to kill off one of our two most valuable roles.

also, is there a link to that mafia wiki thing we were using before? I'd like to have somethign i can refer to, because to be completely honest i have no fucking clue what i'm talking about here.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 03:27 AM
This.

Someone brought up the point of the losing the doc/detective this first night. Well, I don't think we should be giving 2 chances for that. Det investigates someone tonight, tells us tomorrow, then the doc starts working his bullshit magic. det keeps on giving us info. we lynch, it'll be completely random, chance to kill off one of our two most valuable roles.

also, is there a link to that mafia wiki thing we were using before? I'd like to have somethign i can refer to, because to be completely honest i have no fucking clue what i'm talking about here.

I'm pretty sure Cyber posted it at the start, or do you mean something else?

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-19-2014, 05:07 AM
Pushing buttons to get information is great, but brett seemed a bit over eager for the no lynch all throughout. Perhaps you are both mafia, trying to have each other's backs

But again that's pure speculation of course, this is day 1 after all, info is like gold at this point because we hardcore need more of it, which is why I vote:

vote: no-lynch
I dont understand why you suggest accusing me of something when i plainly describe how, even with how absurd it is atm, made note of how he may be "attempting to save face by voting no lynch day one"
I do agree with phishing but do not think its wise for only one person to be belittling and badgering a single person. Its not effective and does more harm then good, subtly is key during the day, as the townies are not the only ones trying to gain information at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

i suppose im down with a change of pace and see no reason to execute someone with no solid reason.

Vote: No Lynch

4 for no lynch
1 for brett

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 05:18 AM
I think we should wait before we vote no lynch so quickly. give everyone time to check the thread out. I don't think moving fast on the first day is the way to go.

unvote

CYBER
05-19-2014, 06:12 AM
Current vote count just before I went to sleep.
So far I've been seeing a good start in activity from the veterans, I do wish the new people get more involved.

If you don't know what you're supposed to do, ask, and so forth, PLEASE bring it up to me privately asap. Better be informed about your role than to spend the time not contributing and getting votebanned off the island for wasting ppl's time :P

Good night.

http://i.imgur.com/hqoD5Ci.png

- - - Updated - - -

i realize i forgot to update the fact that mikey's replaced scribble in the snapshot. just noticed it. Names have been fixed now for future screen caps

phil.™
05-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Chill out, i was recovering from a hangover all day yesterday. Vote no lynch, let's just get some more info, then let the lynching begin.
What's for dinner?

CYBER
05-19-2014, 08:11 AM
i would like to remind people that writing vote no lynch does NOT make the vote official as it can be faked in some games.
the ONLY way i can take a vote seriously and officially is if it is posted preferably on its own line, and in BOLD and Colored (usually red for lynching, yellow for no lynch) format...

this: blalfalabalfbalb vote no lynch blablalbalfg is NOT accepted.
this : lasfaslfddaslfalblaa vote no lynch is NOT acccepted

this : lbladfalfdlafdlal vote no lynch is color confusing when skimming. BUT i wont be a stickler and will take it as a valid vote even if i don't appreciate it.

and finally this :
blah blah adfgafklamfafdakfa
vote Cyber | unvote | vote no lynch
bAH BLAH
>>Much better. Perfect valid votes. I love you more now.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 08:11 AM
We need to get everyone talking before we vote no lynch.

Old Bastard
05-19-2014, 08:32 AM
^^^ I'm really starting to reconsider my vote, due to someone being a nuisance.

Wolfenstinger
05-19-2014, 08:36 AM
You forgot Wolf saying useless shit and being unimportant and probably getting lynched on the first day.

Well shit, somebody caught onto me real quick. Then again, I've never been really important to begin with.

Anywho... Since ya'll want info here's info : John Coffey.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 09:29 AM
^^^ I'm really starting to reconsider my vote, due to someone being a nuisance.

Get cancer nigger

- - - Updated - - -

And with that I'm going to bed.

Old Bastard
05-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Get cancer nigger

- - - Updated - - -

And with that I'm going to bed.

You know one of these days the shit you wish on people will eventually catch up to you.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 09:36 AM
You know one of these days the shit you wish on people will eventually catch up to you.

Sure thing Anne Sullivan.

kionay
05-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Some saying that voting no lynch quick in the first day is moving too quickly, that we need more information. While this is true I would assume that people wouldn't start spilling information from the get go, and that and disable amount of worthwhile information would need to be gathered from the results of the first day/night

But if people are so eager to share then so be it I suppose

But atm I don't see enough sharing to make a decision, so instead of risking lynching the innocent without enough info, and possibly having two dead townies after the first cycle, I'd rather play it safe and keep my vote

What
05-19-2014, 10:34 AM
What I think the information decision boils down to, is that if the vote to no lynch goes too quickly, then no one has posted much of anything and there is no information to either go on in the future or refer back to.
That being said, is Brett saying some out of character things, yes. Is Nem surely trying to get more information out of him and others, yes. As it is now, there are like 6 people talking out of 14. Most of the newbies have not said anything, which may be a symptom of them being incompetent, or them having signed up for something they dont understand.

The way I think a first day lynch generates info, is kind of from what we have just seen. It will not be easy to get enough votes for somebody, so there will have to be some convincing and arguing going on. While this may not pay dividends for Day 1, it does provide a good body of information for later.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-19-2014, 01:00 PM
What I think the information decision boils down to, is that if the vote to no lynch goes too quickly, then no one has posted much of anything and there is no information to either go on in the future or refer back to.
That being said, is Brett saying some out of character things, yes. Is Nem surely trying to get more information out of him and others, yes. As it is now, there are like 6 people talking out of 14. Most of the newbies have not said anything, which may be a symptom of them being incompetent, or them having signed up for something they dont understand.

The way I think a first day lynch generates info, is kind of from what we have just seen. It will not be easy to get enough votes for somebody, so there will have to be some convincing and arguing going on. While this may not pay dividends for Day 1, it does provide a good body of information for later.
First, im on my phone, forgive typos. Second, I understand your reasoning for wanting to lynch but try and reflect on past games. It hardly ever works. Remember thst any accusation made at this point is 100 percent speculation and should not be used against somebody later in game becsuse they made a false accusation with any evidence. The only other thing we gain from lynching now, aside from funny bickering, is a claim or two. Which will end up hurting us, especially if the person we pressured was an essential role.

- - - Updated - - -

With out any evidence*

The end of the day I think its safe to say that we are looking for people to talk so that we may have the afforded chance to use what they say day one as leverage later in the game.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-19-2014, 03:10 PM
I still don't see how lynching day 1 helps us at all.

the odds are against us. And if we lynch an inno, then the mafia kills someone the next night (unless doctor is HELLA FUCKING lucky). We're down 2 innos and no closer to finding anything.

What
05-19-2014, 03:32 PM
The reason I am always in support of a day 1 lynch is as follows:

You have a shot, a slim one, but still a shot of hitting scum on day 1, which is a huge boost. If you weight the cost benefit of hitting a VT vs scum, I think it is worth the risk.

Second, people will have to argue and discuss who to kill, with essentially no information, this provides a nice bit of information that can be used later in the game to support assertions or claims that develop.

Thirdly, and Brett kind of assumed I would go this way, if someone doesn't say a damn thing at all, either isn't playing, isn't aware of whats going on, or whatever, they are not bringing anything to the table anyways. They will not be a target for scum at night since, if they aren't talking who gives a shit about them. So they are essentially narrowing down the possible targets for the mafia by not saying anything, provided they are not mafia themselves. By eliminating inactives, who are likely to be looked at suspiciously as Nem has already made clear, the cop/investigator may well waste time investigating them just to see whats up.

Those are the benefits I see with doing a Day 1 lynch. No guarantees I know, but neither is there a guarantee that Night 1 brings anything to the table either. I know this may not convince some people, but thats my 2 cents. I feel in the long term, it has the potential to be more beneficial than a non-lynch.

Blackmage
05-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Day 1 Lynch gives us a look at player actions and claims. It's not about killing someone, it's about watching what people do, and what they say about it.

I will also ask what plan anyone who wants to NL has if they hit our cop.

Related, a discussion on the topic: Here (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21947&sid=8241d0d1a60945fcce446366a844a04d)

Erdenay
05-19-2014, 04:33 PM

Generally, VT's are the ones who do most discussion and are not afraid to attract attention so the power roles could stay hidden. I'm not really super familiar with the theme (never watched Prison break), but here are my main thoughts:

1) Inmates will be the good guys from what I gather and the guards will be the "baddies" / "mafia"
2) I'd say most likely setup is 10-4 or 9-4-1 with 10-3-2 and 9-3-3 being less likely setups. Fake claims are quite likely as generally those tend to be true in the thematic games, but since this is IBIS, it's only an assumption.
3) Good guys (who should be in the game - correct me if I'm wrong): Michael Scofield / Lincoln Burrows / Veronica Donovan / Lincoln "L. J." Burrows Jr. / Fernando Sucre /Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell / Benjamin Miles "C-Note" Franklin (?) / Brad Bellick (?)
4) Questionable: Alexander Mahone (?) - seems leaning towards town, but not completely clear.
5) Baddies: John Abruzzi / Roy Geary /etc.
6) Most likely there's a few power roles (doctor/vig/cop/roleblocker + VT's) against a GF + 2 goons?

Well, first, I let out the portion of that post mentioning I am generally against D1 no lynch. As someone once put it, "Lynching can kill scum, scum kills can't". Voting also leads to more information, ect. But given we already have 2 people suggesting no lynch, and not even 1 joke vote, I was looking for a way to still try to get a scum kill. I also DO trust most people here's judgement solo, more than I trust mobs. Also, if we come out collectively and say "don't shoot" rather than leaving it in the air, we make claiming "vig" harder.

Err.. It really depends. In generally, going straight for no lynch is scummy and pressuring people in day 1 often leads to A LOT of information gains later, so I'd generally say voting and attempting to lynch is not a bad thing - after that, it is all situational.

bitch we're all in prison, we're all criminals. shiiiit.

as for lynching or no, it's a crapshoot if we do it. no info to go on. all that's gonna happen is one person gets lynched and whether they're town or not, they're not gonna be happy and may not want to play again. as a courtesy to everyone involved, i say no lynch. in fact, i like that argument a lot.

FoS Brett - however, due to you still being relatively new I'll attribute this to lack of general knowledge than anything else. Going straight to night 1 leaves us with ZERO information which is less than optimal.

Any... Specific reasons? You can't just say you're suspicious of someone without stating why... Why are they scummy in your opinion?

We need to get everyone talking before we vote no lynch.

Pretty much this. FoS everyone voting no lynch already.

Day 1 Lynch gives us a look at player actions and claims. It's not about killing someone, it's about watching what people do, and what they say about it.

Related, a discussion on the topic: Here (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21947&sid=8241d0d1a60945fcce446366a844a04d)

Exactly this. But good Sir, correct me if I'm wrong, but you were suggesting a no lynch... :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Or nevermind, I re-read everything. 100% what BM said - going no lynch is generally a terrible idea early in the game. At day you're back at the starting point UNLESS someone claims and generally you don't want your power roles to claim early. My bad, misread a bit.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-19-2014, 04:37 PM

I will ask you what we plan to do if WE hit our cop on D1.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Unvote

Lily
05-19-2014, 04:39 PM
After reading all the post and the scene Cyber posted I'm confused. With me being a new player and not really a prison break follower, I could use some information about what Prison break is about. If I had some more information about the series, I might be able to figure out sooner how this exactly works and might get more 'newbies' like me posting.

Would appreciate it if you old skool people could hrlp me out a bit.

Keeping my vote for now

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-19-2014, 04:41 PM
After reading all the post and the scene Cyber posted I'm confused. With me being a new player and not really a prison break follower, I could use some information about what Prison break is about. If I had some more information about the series, I might be able to figure out sooner how this exactly works and might get more 'newbies' like me posting.

Would appreciate it if you old skool people could hrlp me out a bit.

Keeping my vote for now

The theme isnt really relevant, its about deductive reasoning and word play. I have not heard of prison break until this thread but that dosnt mean i cant be an integral part of the mafia game.

Lily
05-19-2014, 04:51 PM
I think it is relevant, assuming the roles are based on a tv show. People who do know it, know what kinda roles there might be in the game and can associate that with theme. But its cool, I will figure it out eventually

Old Bastard
05-19-2014, 04:54 PM
unvote

Blackmage
05-19-2014, 04:55 PM
To hit our cop, something had to happen. We could have had a quick hammer, and we go after the ones who hammered. We had 2 cop claims, which means either this is a dangerous setup, or we have a good target D2. If our cop actively doesn't claim anything at around 6 votes, something's up with the player. If our cop claims VT and gets lynched randomly, then yes, we have an issue.

There's some plans.

What
05-19-2014, 04:56 PM
I think it is relevant, assuming the roles are based on a tv show. People who do know it, know what kinda roles there might be in the game and can associate that with theme. But its cool, I will figure it out eventually

eh' its not always that clear cut, bad guys will be bad guys and good guys will be good guys, but when powers are assigned to roles, sometimes its more of a matter of needing someone to have that role than it is that character personifying the role. For instance, during the pokemon version, Pickachu was a good guy, as would be expected, but he was also the cop, which does not rely on any of pickachu's investigative abilites on the show, but rather was the need to have a cop. I would expect that the cop this time around, will not actually be a cop but a prisoner, and most likely the main character on the show.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Lily, the game would be set up first then the roles picked to match. While knowing the roles could give you an indication of who is what, it's most likely still a basic set up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, nice of you to show up Tom.

brett friggin favre
05-19-2014, 05:14 PM
I prefer to sit back and watch what happens unless I have info. I'm not gonna join up with any lynch mob today.

I'll watch you fuck another man's wife, but I don't feel like taking a 7 iron to the skull, so I'll keep my dick in my pants.

Wow. I have been playing far too much GTA...

irishrush
05-19-2014, 05:38 PM
must not of sent but <confirmed>

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-19-2014, 05:41 PM
lily, the way i have always understood themes like this one, was to simply break away from boring vanilla mafia and add some fun and occasional role playing to the game. I.e. on Whats explanation "Pika i declare bob joe funny a mafioso pike pee" Subtly revealing that i am in fact pikachu (which really dosnt add much value in terms of concrete evidence.) and playing my part.

Erdenay
05-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Some of us have shit going on, Nem.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-19-2014, 05:42 PM
well, im off to bed, long day at work. ill review posts and evaluate any uprises when i wake.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 05:52 PM
must not of sent but <confirmed>

wow...keep up Helen.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Any... Specific reasons? You can't just say you're suspicious of someone without stating why... Why are they scummy in your opinion?

Brett is acting different than he did in previous games.

and fuck you, you can totally say you're suspicious without any real reason, lol. That's basically what this stupid D1 lynch is. picking someone for fuck all of a reason and saying "i think this guy is evil". You have zero proof to back up any lynch choice. I read the topic Blackmage posted, and i can see why people agree with its reasoning. that being said, its still wrong. A D1 lynch is 100% blind.

phil.™
05-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Sorry, slammed at work all day today, and sorry for wrong format, totally forgot.
I agree though, not enough info, could kill off an innocent, just not worth it on day 1.

Erdenay
05-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Brett is acting different than he did in previous games.

and fuck you, you can totally say you're suspicious without any real reason, lol. That's basically what this stupid D1 lynch is. picking someone for fuck all of a reason and saying "i think this guy is evil". You have zero proof to back up any lynch choice. I read the topic Blackmage posted, and i can see why people agree with its reasoning. that being said, its still wrong. A D1 lynch is 100% blind.

I respectfully disagree. It is not going to be anything concrete, but most of the mafia is exactly that. You use the language, wording and behaviour and you analyze it. Who has been scummarying through the game, who have posted but NOT contributed, who were super trigger happy or jumping on every single band wagon... Etc, etc. While the 1st lynch is not based on solid evidence, it's most definitely NOT blind. Unless... You're playing it wrong.

Sorry, slammed at work all day today, and sorry for wrong format, totally forgot.
I agree though, not enough info, could kill off an innocent, just not worth it on day 1.

Guessing you've skimmed everything... :|

Anyways, it's a RISK of lynching an innocent, but even if it does end up a lynch, it provides information which sets up the next days. It's MORE than worth it.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Scribble has yet to say anything as well and has been around the whole time. It's time to hear from him or start voting for him

acolyte_to_jippity
05-19-2014, 07:23 PM
To hit our cop, something had to happen. We could have had a quick hammer, and we go after the ones who hammered. We had 2 cop claims, which means either this is a dangerous setup, or we have a good target D2. If our cop actively doesn't claim anything at around 6 votes, something's up with the player. If our cop claims VT and gets lynched randomly, then yes, we have an issue.

There's some plans.

wait, we've had 2 cop claims already? where? who?

Blackmage
05-19-2014, 07:39 PM
First, no, that was just one of the things that could lead to lynching our cop. Two cops claiming raises suspicion on both, moreso when we aren't in role madness.

The lynch isn't the objective. Like you said, it's blind. It's not 100% blind though. The point of D1 lynch isn't the lynch itself. The lynch is a means to an end. The threat leads to claims. The claims lead to info. Since a threat is pointless if you don't back it up, you need to lynch someone does get dead in the end.

Looking at Tom's characters list I have these coments: If Bellick is town, I question Cyber :P Bellick was not a good man. T-Bag and Abruzzi could be either side, depending on what you think. Veronica Donovan could be a cop/detective, but she's not in the jail. Pope could be an alternative "cop" that actually spends most of his time in Fox River. Alexander Mahone was season 2 on, so no idea.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Who was the bitch with a giant forehead? she would be the doc.

phil.™
05-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Scribble has yet to say anything as well and has been around the whole time. It's time to hear from him or start voting for him

Scribbs is currently busy with work at the moment, he will respond, just takes him a bit longer than usual. Just give it a few, he'll respond.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Sorry but that doesn't cut it. He's been on the forums for two days. Lets remember what happened when Brett said someone was at work constantly and couldn't post; he was covering for mafia.

phil.™
05-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Lets remember what happened when Brett said someone was at work constantly and couldn't post; he was covering for mafia.

Sorry, i was not aware of that from previous games.

SCRIBBLE
05-19-2014, 08:29 PM

in case you missed it

Old Bastard
05-19-2014, 08:30 PM
i realize i forgot to update the fact that mikey's replaced scribble in the snapshot. just noticed it. Names have been fixed now for future screen caps

^^ Scribble is not in anymore Mikey took his place. So the response has been made.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 08:58 PM
That helps, thanks Scribbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Cyber could you edit the names on the first page? that's what I go off of because I can't remember who is suppose to be here.

CYBER
05-19-2014, 09:05 PM
in case you missed it
heh 4char

- - - Updated - - -

That helps, thanks Scribbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Cyber could you edit the names on the first page? that's what I go off of because I can't remember who is suppose to be here.

Done.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 09:07 PM
heh 4char

- - - Updated - - -

Done.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So in case anyone is confused, here is the player list:
acolyte_to_jippity
Blackmage
brett friggin favre
Erdenay
irishrush
Locust
Nemesis
DJ_mikeyreville
kionay
What
Lily
Old Bastard
phil.™
Wolfenstinger

kionay
05-19-2014, 09:22 PM
i think there should be a bonus cross-story Andy Dufresne for teh lulz

phil.™
05-19-2014, 09:32 PM
So if we're going to talk about anyone who is inactive, what's goodie with irish?

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 09:37 PM
So if we're going to talk about anyone who is inactive, what's goodie with irish?

I think he's actually fucking retarded, like full on wear a helmet to the bathroom retarded.

What
05-19-2014, 10:07 PM
I think he's actually fucking retarded, like full on wear a helmet to the bathroom retarded.

I like how he confirmed twice, in thread, and said the first one didn't "send". He might not know its a text based forum game.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 10:10 PM
I like how he confirmed twice, in thread, and said the first one didn't "send". He might not know its a text based forum game.

Is he the one who asked if it was in the ZM?

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked, he was.

vote irishrush

seems useless no matter what.

What
05-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Is he the one who asked if it was in the ZM?

I don't remember that, maybe. Perhaps he could read the thread, that might help. Anyone know him from in game? Is he like 8?

What
05-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Also, when is the deadline? A finite clock seems to get more action.

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Also, when is the deadline? A finite clock seems to get more action.

Cyber said something about a 48 hour deadline I think?

What
05-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Cyber said something about a 48 hour deadline I think?

He said he didnt want to have to enforce a deadline, but there needs to be an end, or else whats the motivation for people to make up their damn minds?

Nemesis
05-19-2014, 11:02 PM
He said he didnt want to have to enforce a deadline, but there needs to be an end, or else whats the motivation for people to make up their damn minds?

Disdain for fellow man?

Locust
05-19-2014, 11:59 PM
After reading through this I seem to find myself agreeing with nem about lynching irish... seems like he'll be useless no matter what.

Vote irishrush

brett friggin favre
05-20-2014, 12:01 AM
After reading through this I seem to find myself agreeing with nem about lynching irish... seems like he'll be useless no matter what.

Vote irishrush

he's new, he may be retarded, but he may also have a role, which if we're lucky, could help us out.

Blackmage
05-20-2014, 12:02 AM
I'm guess he's expecting us to do things ourselves. A deadline is only needed if we don't do anything, and forcing a deadline mostly helps the scum. Given we've begun to see vote changes, and have our first player vote, I assume it'll come to a head soon enough.

But, I agree with pressuring Irish for activity. If you haven't said anything by morning for me, which is more than 2 days after we began, I'll throw my vote on the heap if it's still needed for pressure.

Wolf, have anything of use to say either? Any vote or general thoughts on NL?

Similarly, lily, what are your thoughts on the vote? You said you were keeping your vote, but have you made any decision? This is assuming you meant keeping your vote back, if you think you already voted, that message is missing. If you have any more questions, or don't feel we've answered any sufficiently, feel free to let us know.

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 12:04 AM
he's new, he may be retarded, but he may also have a role, which if we're lucky, could help us out.

Not sure he can use his ability properly if he does have one. What if he's a vig? then he's a danger to everyone, probably even himself.

CYBER
05-20-2014, 12:05 AM
THURSDAY the 22nd, at midnight eastern, DAY 1 will end.
This effectively gives you guys 48 hours after an already extended period.

Just to make sure people don't intentionally play the system for an automatic no lynch at day's end, what will happen is that there will be a randomized 50/50 chance that i either no lynch anyone OR that i lynch a random player.

So for those who want to play the odds, by all means test my patience:P but for those trying to get conversations undergo, i think this is MORE than ample time since sunday morning... You really don't want a dickhead mod like me randomly controlling the outcome of a day when you all can get a majority consensus :)

CYBER
05-20-2014, 12:34 AM
Current votes before going to sleep. roughly 48h before deadline.

http://i.imgur.com/RcSLABh.png

What
05-20-2014, 12:53 AM
I'm going to go with the give irish until morning to say something plan. Even if he has a special role, if he is not coherent or around, it will not help.

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm going to go with the give irish until morning to say something plan. Even if he has a special role, if he is not coherent or around, it will not help.

Yup, nothing wrong with waiting as close to the deadline as possible.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-20-2014, 02:57 AM
not sure how i feel about a policy lynch day1. but its more agreeable than any other lynch atm.

holding my vote til tomorrow to see if he responds.

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 03:02 AM
not sure how i feel about a policy lynch day1. but its more agreeable than any other lynch atm.

holding my vote til tomorrow to see if he responds.

Well there's a chance that if we just wait the lynch is taken out of our hands, no Cyber says he'll random lynch, but I'm betting that if he randoms a scum he'll just do it again until he gets a VT, so there's always that to think about as well.

Or we lynch the useless player now.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 03:16 AM
Perhaps giving him some guidance. All he needs to do is ask the questions. I havnt seen much of anything that can be deemed "useful" since i last posted, apart from the fact that its beginning to look like irishrush is useless.

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 03:29 AM
Perhaps giving him some guidance. All he needs to do is ask the questions. I havnt seen much of anything that can be deemed "useful" since i last posted, apart from the fact that its beginning to look like irishrush is useless.

It's too late for that. There was a pregame that everyone had an opportunity to ask questions and he was silent. Now any answers he is given will be biased by the role of those giving it. It will also be argued on for the same reasons. It's too late now. We all were new before and all made an effort to not be this terrible.

Lily
05-20-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm gonna go with the others and wait to vote till tomorrow to see if Irish responds.

For now it is clear for me. Thanks all for giving me a bit insode information on how to play this game

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Seems too many useless people who are just going to follow vote without thinking for themselves. Oh well. GG.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Well there's a chance that if we just wait the lynch is taken out of our hands, no Cyber says he'll random lynch, but I'm betting that if he randoms a scum he'll just do it again until he gets a VT, so there's always that to think about as well.

Or we lynch the useless player now.

I said i'd give him a chance to respond at all. He has not responded, therefore my vote will go in.

vote irishrush

Blackmage
05-20-2014, 10:47 AM
vote irishrush

Brings him to the halfway point. Irish, say something in thread. Realize that these votes CAN be changed if you give us a reason to do so, but once you hit 8, you're out.

Lily
05-20-2014, 11:05 AM
I think you guys might be right. Maybe voting for him will trigger him to respond.

Vote irishrush

Old Bastard
05-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Vote IrishrushThe opportunity has been given.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Vote IrishrushThe opportunity has been given.

so say we all.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 12:29 PM
For some reason this policy lynch dosnt sit well with me. Its my lunch break and I can finally offer input. We have 2 days to come to a conclusion so there is no rush. Secondly, thinl about the following. It is possible that irishrush has a role that takes away his ability to speak during the day, as seen in past games. Secondly, nem was very quick to sheeple everyone into a fast vote based only off the fact that irish hasnt said a single word since confirmation. I will wait until im off work and back home before I cast a vote for irish, give him some time to reply... if he can.

What
05-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Morning has come and gone. At the very least you would think he would take a look at the thread at some point during the day.

Vote irishrush

Like others said, he has time to talk and try to save face, but he has to actually show up and say something that demonstrates he understands whats going on.

Blackmage
05-20-2014, 12:34 PM
unvote

Not trying to policy lynch, just forcing a claim.

CYBER
05-20-2014, 12:40 PM
unvote

Not trying to policy lynch, just forcing a claim.

it's too late blackmage, it happened fast in the last few mins BUT

8 votes for lynching irish. Majority reached.
Hammer cast.
Votes are closed.
Lynch has been made.

Prepare for lynch scene. Everyone stop posting at this moment.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 12:43 PM
What was the 7th vote... we only reached 7 votes

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm my b

CYBER
05-20-2014, 12:45 PM
What was the 7th vote... we only reached 7 votes

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm my b

http://i.imgur.com/I2b07Cs.png

i just went through the list. correct me if i missed a post?

- - - Updated - - -

OK. so unless someone has info to prove me wrong about a lynch.
Then I am assuming i made no mistakes in my VERY fucking meticulous documentation of lynches...

and as of now. irish is lynched. and i am writing the scene to post.

Blackmage
05-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Votes at last vote count: 2, nem, locust
3: aco 10:22
4: BM 10:47
5: lily 11:05
6: old bastard 11:13
7: What 12:30

All times CST. If there's additional votes, that's fine, but that's only 7 people. Also, irish didn't vote, lily did.

What
05-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Its 7, you have irish voting for himself

CYBER
05-20-2014, 12:54 PM
OH... FFS.
old bastard i fucking hate ur split name...

yeah. 7 votes. were on that post. and blackmage unvoted...

UPDATE VOTE INCOMING!

DAY1 still active... sorry about that...
-.-

What
05-20-2014, 12:55 PM
OH... FFS.

yeah. 7 votes. were on that post. and blackmage unvoted...

UPDATE VOTE INCOMING!

DAY1 still active... sorry about that...
-.-

You don't even have a comma between Old and Bastard, and you still had irish voting for himself, so yeah. Old eagle eyes is on the case.

CYBER
05-20-2014, 01:00 PM
FIXED VOTE COUNT. DAY ONE STILL IN EFFECT>>> RESUME TALKING.

sorry about that... i dont usually have split names in my votes... counted old bastard twice in the previous picture... and i wrote irish instead of lily by typo.
so we agree that the system works, but cyber is fucked up :D

Sorry about that. mod errors happens. good job being vigilant mikey and blackmage and all. wont happen again

http://i.imgur.com/Z5NGPGD.png

Erdenay
05-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Seems too many useless people who are just going to follow vote without thinking for themselves. Oh well. GG.

It *IS* IBIS, so not really sure what you expected. Furthermore, most people are new and basically are unwilling to risk whatever they have, so they play super safe instead of saying something. As soon some of the actives will be killed of during the night the game will die down even more probably. I'm already unpleasantly surprised how this is progressing where people almost mindlessly hammered without even HEARING a claim. What's even funnier just how quick that bandwagon unfolded.

At this point, I'm actually probably even more interested in people who quickly bandwagoned without providing any good reasoning and just piled on the votes without seemingly following the game.

CYBER
05-20-2014, 01:16 PM
OK. I have been asked about the metagaming in this thread based on the possibility of mods making errors.
i.e "should we question mod errors? or is there possibility of hidden triggers and agendas that arent visible for the players (like double voters, no voters, and other bastard roles).

The only thing i can say about this is that i promised a fairly simple game.
And this game is supposed to be more of an "educational" type.

SOOOO,
if a "mistake" like this ever happens, like i posted before, you DO reserve the right to say "Cyber i think u fucked up".

Then i will come, take a look, and if there's a mistake i will fix, and if there isn't a mistake, i will say that there isn't a mistake.
and if there's something i do not want to disclose, i will simply say " no everything is fine, carry on".

So please, ask away. I'm your friendly neighbourhood mod trying to keep things simple, but with crooked eyes apparently.

Blackmage
05-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Even without what cyber mentioned, we learned something about the setup with the voting. We knew 7 non-double voters, 4 players who don't hammer if they don't have a vote, and 3 players who aren't forced to hammer and irish isn't a self hammer. The mod error, as Cyber mentioned, actually told us that we most likely had NO 0-voters or double voters. For anyone asking why day 1 lynch can tell you, well, there you go.

Then, we can look at the voting of people in general. What made a dangerous play by voting the 7th vote. I made a dangerous play letting it get to 7 before unvoting. Mikey didn't force the lynch even though he was on.

Old Bastard
05-20-2014, 01:41 PM
OH... FFS.

I love you too, Cyber.

What
05-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I didn't see it as too risky, I knew we would be at 7, and Cyber has said repeatedly, that this is a basic setup for beginners, there was no chance there was a quick hammer or self hammer in play, especially a self hammer on a new player like that.(Also the reason there is no fucking way he can't say anything due to his role, plus he had the chance to say something and he just confirmed twice) If there was, well then we would know Cyber would have been lying this whole time and we do have a role maddness thing going on. Also, a quick hammer is good to know about as soon as possible so that mistakes don't happen later in the game, especially if it gets to a point where the scum have comparable numbers to the town.

Also, if someone popped in to be the hammer vote real quick, especially someone who hasn't said much, that would be a pretty good indicator right there that they were scum. Any unvotes would also tell me if people were commited to killing irish, or just working to get a claim or info.

In the end though, I am willing to gamble with the life of the guy who has brought nothing to the table so far if it means it can help gather information.

I'm off to work, check back in tonight.

brett friggin favre
05-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Cyber was pretty quick with that hammer vote, very suspicious of him...

Wolfenstinger
05-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Wolf, have anything of use to say either? Any vote or general thoughts on NL?

Just having a chance to read the thread after getting home from school. Last final done; summer class starting next week. Anywho ; no rush with lynching irishrush, but at the same time its a group census russian roulette, where we just pick somebody out who either isn't contributing enough, contributes oddly, don't want him here, has a funny name, etc.

Stupid reasons for a day 1 lynch, but I imagine they become more and more reasonable as the Day 1 Lynchings continue. Also off a group lynching like we're seeing; even though we're using reasonable "Let's get rid of this guy" outcome, can always take a gander at who voted as well as the ones sitting back watching the lynching taking place.

Irishrushian still has 48hrs to speak up. In the mean time, I'm fine with sitting back until tomorrow evening the latest. My prediction at the moment is that we get Day 1 over with by Wednesday night, night actions go in and we see the scene Thursday Afternoon - Evening depending on how fast the actions get in and how fast Cyber writes his story.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 07:51 PM
me hesitation continues on voteing irish. when his profile dosnt say his last online time was Yesterday @ 10:54 PM ill reconsider. I dont like how fast everyone jumped the bandwagon on nem.

phil.™
05-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I too feel a lynch on day 1 is not necessary. Under what presumption are we lynching Irish? Because of his inactivity, solely off his inactivity? Let's keep in mind if he is a college student, it is final/paper due week for many college students so inactivity may be reasonable. Let's just wait till day 2, as we could by lynching off a key role player.

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 09:07 PM
I too feel a lynch on day 1 is not necessary. Under what presumption are we lynching Irish? Because of his inactivity, solely off his inactivity? Let's keep in mind if he is a college student, it is final/paper due week for many college students so inactivity may be reasonable. Let's just wait till day 2, as we could by lynching off a key role player.

We're lynching him because by talking you set tenancies. With tenancies you can group people. It's not based solely off his inactivity but also his retardation. He doesn't know how forums work, he's confirmed twice and hasn't said he has finals, nor do I believe that he would be able to make it to post-secondary anyways. He also doesn't have a key role.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't have a key role excluding mafia I mean to say.

Wolfenstinger
05-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Actually he voted that he's a veteran player, if that'll say anything.

Again, I give him till tomorrow evening at least for me at least. I still want to believe that he has this confused with zmod or something CSS related, as it's all text based and we aren't playing Trouble in Tourist Town with Tourists. Hate tourists, the lot of them.

irishrush
05-20-2014, 09:29 PM

any1 wanna hit the showers i dropped my soap :0

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 09:31 PM
He can't even vote right. This is a straight up ZM retard child. I hate him. I hate him so much.

What
05-20-2014, 09:35 PM
really irish, is that all you have to say man.

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 09:38 PM
really irish, is that all you have to say man.

Like, as an aside, there isn't much fun to having someone like that in the game at all. Might as well play with fucking bots. Even if Cyber foolishly gave him an important roll he wont know how to use it properly.

At this point I'd be ok with him being replaced by someone with a pulse.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 09:40 PM
here is my philosophy on why we should not policy lynch irish along with why nems behavior is suspicious.

1st. Chances are, irish is VT which would explain his lack of involvement thus far and ability to stay interested in any way shape or form. If we policy lynch someone who shows clear signs of being no more threatning to the mafia then a pile of dirt, we lose a player who helps even out the odds later in game. id much rather be 3 vs 2 mafia with 1 of the 3 unmotivated and no threat then 3 vs 2 with everyone at each others necks.

2nd. Nem was very quick to start this policy lynch bandwagon. He keeps pushing it without giving any legitimate explanation beyond "ZM fag, confirmed twice, blah blah"

well, im off to bed, if irish hasnt added anything insightful by the time i wake, ill have to forfeit this day and jump ship.

Wolfenstinger
05-20-2014, 09:40 PM
you "vote: nameOfPerson" and "unvote" by writing them with this font and color to make it easier for me to scroll through.

This game is specifically designed to enforce communication among players to optimize the gameplay. So make sure you open up all sorts of conversations because boosting forum activity is the sole reason for this game :)

Remember, you cannot talk to anyone about this game outside of this thread, that includes possible partners and trying to solicitate information from the mod. I will reserve the right to ignore your communications to me if need be. No editing allowed.

Helping Irishrush out a little by highlighting this (it's like page 5 of this thread).

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 09:41 PM
If I was trying to quick lynch someone I would have chose someone useful. What would be the point of me risking my neck for someone who I know is no threat?

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 09:43 PM
If I was trying to quick lynch someone I would have chose someone useful. What would be the point of me risking my neck for someone who I know is no threat?

Because its easy to manipulate people into commiting to a policy lynch and as mafia, you would not want to waste a night kill on someone who is not an immediate threat. In other words, help the townies help the mafia.

phil.™
05-20-2014, 09:45 PM
He also doesn't have a key role.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't have a key role excluding mafia I mean to say.

hmmmm, how do you know he doesn't have a key role?
And yes though, he did not make proper format, as I did not my first time. We should guide him.

Irish -- read http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/12272-Prison-Break-Wars-(Mafia)?p=178494#post178494

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 09:45 PM
bare in mind, im not throwing out an accusation at this point, im simply openly pondering the current situation.

Wolfenstinger
05-20-2014, 09:48 PM
:popcorn:

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 09:48 PM
Because its easy to manipulate people into commiting to a policy lynch and as mafia, you would not want to waste a night kill on someone who is not an immediate threat. In other words, help the townies help the mafia.

You know I just spent the time typing out exactly what I'd do as mafia, but on second thought I don't think that's a good idea...

What
05-20-2014, 09:50 PM

Why would the mafia waste a night kill on irish at this point?

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Why would the mafia waste a night kill on irish at this point?

i didnt say they would, i said the opposite. Which is why Nems pressure to have him lynched is suspicious behavior.

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 09:53 PM
i didnt say they would, i said the opposite. Which is why Nems pressure to have him lynched is suspicious behavior.

In my opinion having someone lynched as mafia is a day kill. As in you'd want to use it on someone relevant. Someone who doesn't talk and is too stupid to follow along isn't relevant.

What
05-20-2014, 09:59 PM

How did you say the opposite? You implied that it was in the mafia's interest to kill irish by lynch so that they do not have to waste a night kill on him. That makes no sense.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-20-2014, 10:07 PM
How did you say the opposite? You implied that it was in the mafia's interest to kill irish by lynch so that they do not have to waste a night kill on him. That makes no sense.

That is what I originally implied, perhaps I misunderstood your question? How does my implicstion not make sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm I think I get it... your original question is littered in sarcasm. Orrrrr im tired as balls typing on my phone knowing I need to be up in 5 hours. If I disengage from posting, I passed out.

What
05-20-2014, 10:10 PM
That is what I originally implied, perhaps I misunderstood your question? How does my implicstion not make sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm I think I get it... your original question is littered in sarcasm. Orrrrr im tired as balls typing on my phone knowing I need to be up in 5 hours. If I disengage from posting, I passed out.

I have no idea what you are saying at this point, which seems about normal. Anyone translate for him?

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 10:17 PM
I have no idea what you are saying at this point, which seems about normal. Anyone translate for him?

sure. Mikey is currently in his mid-game form of talking himself into a corner. Soon he will be there and start lashing out accusations at every person who posts, finally coming to the conclusion that it is indeed a bastard set up of 13 mafia and 1 mikey King of the World. Once he finishes accusing everyone he will start over, in case anyone missed his previous walls of text (spoiler: no one read them in the first place) and will being voting and un-voting en masse since the world is against him.

So ya, like you said, about normal.

phil.™
05-20-2014, 10:39 PM
I'm going to bed for the night. Make good decisions.
What's the count as of now? 6 vote for irish, 3 vote no lynch? right?

Catch ya'll in the am.

CYBER
05-20-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm going to bed for the night. Make good decisions.
What's the count as of now? 6 vote for irish, 3 vote no lynch? right?

Catch ya'll in the am.

I honestly don't have the files right now as they are on my home pc.
But i will be posting a full tally when i get home in a few hours.
Let's face it, ya'll are too slow at this time anyway:P
keep playing though, i will update the vote based on the last post i read (whose number will show in the screen cap documentation to help u guys see exactly up to where im counting votes)
:D

Nemesis
05-20-2014, 10:48 PM
I honestly don't have the files right now as they are on my home pc.
But i will be posting a full tally when i get home in a few hours.
Let's face it, ya'll are too slow at this time anyway:P
keep playing though, i will update the vote based on the last post i read (whose number will show in the screen cap documentation to help u guys see exactly up to where im counting votes)
:D

Vote Cyber for an inability to do anything right. Fucking Mexicans.

What
05-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Relatively certain the vote has not changed since the last time, so it should be 6 for irish and 3 for no lynch. Don't need files, just need to pay attention.

CYBER
05-21-2014, 01:32 AM
Did a full check since last vote count.
Vote coun't hasn't changed.
But here's the votecount screen cap updated to the current post number for those who don't want to go through a lot of pages to find it.

http://i.imgur.com/sKxzLsD.png

And with this, good night. see what you guys have tomorrow. :)

kionay
05-21-2014, 07:55 AM
cyber should include himself in the list to be voted on, heh heh heh

Nemesis
05-21-2014, 08:01 AM
unvote

Going to bed. I can re vote when I get up.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-21-2014, 08:07 AM
Why unvote though? You went through all that trouble to lynch him and now your backing off? Also nem, in case you were wondering while describing the way I playee during the game I beat you in, this game... im role playing a mexican.

Nemesis
05-21-2014, 08:17 AM
1. Because I don't want anything to happen when I can't be around for it. 2. You never beat me, a specific Mexican lost. Also you barely won even with an extremely op role.

What
05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
So today has been a real rousing day of game play. woo.

brett friggin favre
05-21-2014, 04:14 PM
well it's clear irish didn't read the thread. i didn't want to lynch anyone today, but it seems like it's either gonna be a split vote (no lynch/irish) or lynching irish. it's his own fault for not reading the thread.

unvote

vote: irishrush

Wolfenstinger
05-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Ill wait a couple more hours and post my vote on irishrush. If I happen to miss out because 2 others take the spots instead, well... its w/e.

irishrush
05-21-2014, 06:31 PM
hey guys sorry your all right i have no idea what to do and i was kinda afk.

i only posted that stupid shit cause im kinda useless to town.

but.... since nem was being a twat i went back and read over the quote and i found out some stoof

The guy who said hes being framed is is Lincoln Burrows Mikes brother and Michael Scofield is clearly leading the escape
which might have something to do with the docs as he is coming from getting his insulin shots ;)

Erdenay
05-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Will post later tonight. Have been quite busy yesterday and today, but will have time during evening.

CYBER
05-21-2014, 06:46 PM
oh hey irish, wb from being prodded.

reminder to all, I have specified a deadline that will end in 4 hours... at midnight..

I usually hate deadlines, but my hand has been forced in the last week.
I would be flexible about this, MAYBE, so long as there is sufficient activity back and forth at short intervals leading to a decision.

If that doesn't happen, which i'm assuming would be the case, I'm gonna have to go find me a coin .. or a hammer.

Wolfenstinger
05-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Can somebody get me a pet vagalion so that I may threaten Tom to hurry up with his post to see if it changes my decision or not?

CYBER
05-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Current Updated Votes up to this post.
Tick Tock motherfuckers :D

http://i.imgur.com/Oykmkjz.png

Nemesis
05-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Is there anything about you Irish that makes you useful in any way?

Blackmage
05-21-2014, 07:27 PM
So, we assume he's claiming VT? I figure it's that and he's not accidentally claiming mafia. I also bet he doesn't realize what "useless to the town" actually means, unless he's seen a bastard game.

Irish, for future reference, you want to at the very least check in. Sometimes people have questions for you, and sometimes you can contribute even when you don't realize it. At the very least, you can stay active, and use yourself as bait by prodding at people.

What
05-21-2014, 07:27 PM
but.... since nem was being a twat i went back and read over the quote and i found out some stoof

The guy who said hes being framed is is Lincoln Burrows Mikes brother and Michael Scofield is clearly leading the escape
which might have something to do with the docs as he is coming from getting his insulin shots ;)

dafuq?

Blackmage
05-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Oh, yeah, the insulin shot comment was probably just something pulled from the show. Early on, Micheal went to the doc's to get insulin for a faked case of diabutus or something so he could case the med lab. Med lab being the last place they needed to go to escape.

What: I figure he was trying to help by showing information gained from the initial scene.

What
05-21-2014, 07:34 PM
so he is helping by saying the lead guy is going to be a doctor?

Nemesis
05-21-2014, 07:34 PM
He failed then.

irishrush
05-21-2014, 07:48 PM
or did i?

and no i didnt say the lead guy is a doc i said he just got back from the docs after getting his shot and the doctor may be in on the escape?

- - - Updated - - -

So, we assume he's claiming VT? I figure it's that and he's not accidentally claiming mafia. I also bet he doesn't realize what "useless to the town" actually means, unless he's seen a bastard game.

Irish, for future reference, you want to at the very least check in. Sometimes people have questions for you, and sometimes you can contribute even when you don't realize it. At the very least, you can stay active, and use yourself as bait by prodding at people.

i got you man yea i just didnt really understand what to do lol

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anything about you Irish that makes you useful in any way?

dont recall u sayin nething usefull? unless trying to get an early lynch is what ur aiming for...

Nemesis
05-21-2014, 07:49 PM
So what's your role then? God you're retarded.

Wolfenstinger
05-21-2014, 07:54 PM
So what's your role then? God you're retarded.

My profession!!! .... Well... now that you mention it... I've always wanted to be a baker.

Blackmage
05-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Irish, in order to not get lynched you need to post an alternative. Explain why we shouldn't vote for you, or who we SHOULD vote for. Also, it can help to actually vote for someone else. if you feel your accusations have merit. Or if you truly believe we shouldn't D1 Lynch, vote no lynch. The pressure is on you to tell us why we shouldn't. Realize 8 of us have voted for you off and on, including one who was dead set on NOT have a lynch at first.

Also, if you want a simple game that was played here, check this one out. http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/10733-C9-Mafia-Game-1

Locust
05-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Well guys I haven't seen anything that has changed my mind up to this point. I'm super exhausted and am going to bed probably won't be checking this for the rest of the night. It's all on you guys!

What
05-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Irish: Of course there is a fucking doctor on the town, thats how the game is played. Its pretty clear at this point you have no understanding of what this game is. Couldn't you have at least read the stuff that was linked on the sign up thread and several times in this one?