PDA

View Full Version : Scramble v1.0.0 [WCS]

ZERO
05-28-2014, 01:13 AM
Scramble
ZERO <ibis>

Allows players to enable scrambled teams.

Type !scramble to cast your vote to enable forced random team joins for the next 3 maps. This will result in the current map restarting at the end of the round in which the vote succeeds.

Initial Release

ZERO
05-28-2014, 01:13 AM
Currently released to wcs test server only for release status testing.

CYBER
05-28-2014, 02:43 AM
THIS is such a needed plugin right now.
But does it have to restart the MAP after the end of the vote/round?

I'd rather not having to lose any money i've been saving for tomes, or any stacks i have like succubus bcos of it...

or is it to avoid having people with money be on the loosing team with cheap items? and to avoid people getting thrown off races?

---------------

How would we handle the "YO I WAS ON VAGABOND LAST GAME, give it to me" "No fuck you i was on vaga too, you got scrambled, not my problem" issue?

What
05-28-2014, 02:48 AM
it may be designed to not mess up the cheaper items thing, since then you would have a bunch of people gifted with cheap items and lots of money, and people screwed with no money and expensive items.

Xerenix
05-28-2014, 03:44 AM
Will this force people into random teams or will it make the Auto-pick teams the only option available? If it's the later then won't help stacking much as people will just wait until the team they want to join have less people on it so they will be put in that team.

kionay
05-28-2014, 07:50 AM
it may be designed to not mess up the cheaper items thing, since then you would have a bunch of people gifted with cheap items and lots of money, and people screwed with no money and expensive items.

it turns the server into "random team join mode" for 3 maps, as it would seem, by restarting the map at the end of the round (getting rid of the scoreboard) and keeping this mode for maps thereafter

ZERO
05-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Yea between money differences and cheep items it is better to just have them start over when the vote passes so everyone is on the same page.

ZERO
05-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Yea it is live on the server now, I will update it later with the ability to block the scoreboard just like in ZM when it is enabled.

What
05-28-2014, 02:26 PM
May I suggest an addendum to the rules then that leaving and rejoining to get on the preferred team is against rules. While this would go under the rubric of existing rules, it might be best to have it spelled out for new admins/players.

Xerenix
05-28-2014, 05:09 PM
May I suggest an addendum to the rules then that leaving and rejoining to get on the preferred team is against rules. While this would go under the rubric of existing rules, it might be best to have it spelled out for new admins/players.

This, i agree with.

CYBER
05-29-2014, 03:10 AM
Can we suggest that it doesn't require 75% of the votes?

perhaps have it so that it's roughly 55% ? perhaps with a vote weighing MORE if coming from a person on the WINNING team?
because i have been getting complaints from players that !scramble almost never being accepted when the winning players group up and decide to not vote against scrambling....

usually that's not a problem , but with the abundant player cuntness and vaginanism on the servers currently... i can see this as a potential problem.

kionay
05-29-2014, 07:09 AM
what cyber and What said, perhaps even a better tracker for the idiots that don't read rules or don't care

can't be that hard to detect if someone is doing what What said, automate it, and give punishment based on it

though i imagine that'd be a delicate process :-/

ZERO
05-29-2014, 10:49 AM
It is already set to .7 not .75 as I knew .75 would be too high. Currently it rounds nearest but I could have it round floor instead if you think the .0x factoring is making a big difference. I could make it so that it also globally declares the name of the user who just voted for !scramble if you all want.

I have found that there is no way to stop the scoreboard info b/c even if it could be suppressed they can just run a status command in console although now that I think of it I should be able to intersect that command and send a null response. On that note I will look into scoreboard suppression again although I believe that it gets sent client side so I might not be able to block it. Can you see it when hit by a flash bang? There must be something that I can send to a clients system that will remove it.

CYBER
05-29-2014, 04:07 PM
i personally think 0.7 is still too high imho. Should be 0.55 or .6 at max bcos to get to that minimum number of votes here, it would imply that the majority of the loosers AND a 10% of the winners think the game is not fun... And you have to consider the fact that the winners will usually want to keep winning and stacking....
Unless you make it so that it forces an automatic !scramble if a certain team won 3-4 in a row...

but i think we agree the big problem with that would be the money discount system.

Zero if i want to suggest a new monetary "economy" system for wcs that would be COMPATIBLE with a 3-4 round team streak automatic !scramble, as a plugin that needs to be custom made, should i document it in the parent directory?

What
05-29-2014, 04:37 PM
.7 is just about perfect. Too low and it opens itself up for petty abuse. Nearly everyone here claims that they do not stack and that they want fair teams. If that is truly the case, than it shouldn't be a problem to get a scramble if the teams are lopsided, especially with .7, since that would assume the entire team getting pwned will vote for it, it will need only a handful of players from the other team.

kionay
05-29-2014, 06:18 PM
.7 is just about perfect. Too low and it opens itself up for petty abuse. Nearly everyone here claims that they do not stack and that they want fair teams. If that is truly the case, than it shouldn't be a problem to get a scramble if the teams are lopsided, especially with .7, since that would assume the entire team getting pwned will vote for it, it will need only a handful of players from the other team.

handful of players from the other team, getting a handful of people, who are winning, to want to risk losing, will be hard

also i don't think it is that easily abused since if voted for it lasts for 3 rounds, the worse case scenario is that it keeps getting voted for every 3 maps and the server stays scrambled for extended periods of time... which isn't that terrible :-/

What
05-29-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm assuming that it can be activated again, within the 3 map period in case teams are stacked from auto assign or other reasons. Since it restarts the map, I can definitely see some of the more douchey people on the server working to get the map restart repeatedly just to be douche bags. I do not think that the team being destroyed would not vote for the scramble, and then, as I said, it should not be too hard to get some of the other team to vote for it since we have all heard for over a year now how no one stacks and just wants the teams to be even. Even the team being destroyed can not muster up a decent number of votes, then the stackage must not be perceived as an issue, and if a minority of players on the team that is losing does not feel like its an issue, then its not an issue.

kionay
05-30-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm assuming that it can be activated again, within the 3 map period in case teams are stacked from auto assign or other reasons. Since it restarts the map, I can definitely see some of the more douchey people on the server working to get the map restart repeatedly just to be douche bags. I do not think that the team being destroyed would not vote for the scramble, and then, as I said, it should not be too hard to get some of the other team to vote for it since we have all heard for over a year now how no one stacks and just wants the teams to be even. Even the team being destroyed can not muster up a decent number of votes, then the stackage must not be perceived as an issue, and if a minority of players on the team that is losing does not feel like its an issue, then its not an issue.

i assumed that it wouldn't allow it to be activated again in the 3 map period

and perhaps, What, you give people too much credit, since as i understood it, most of the people complaining about stacked teams... weren't on the stacked team, and with 55%(okay maybe 60-65%) and no way to choose what team you're on, then the team numbers should stay pretty even, which means it would require everyone on the losing team to feel like it's an issue, plus a small number of proud people on the stacked team

if people wanted the map changed repeatedly we already have the RTV system in place for that

What
05-30-2014, 11:09 AM
i assumed that it wouldn't allow it to be activated again in the 3 map period

and perhaps, What, you give people too much credit, since as i understood it, most of the people complaining about stacked teams... weren't on the stacked team, and with 55%(okay maybe 60-65%) and no way to choose what team you're on, then the team numbers should stay pretty even, which means it would require everyone on the losing team to feel like it's an issue, plus a small number of proud people on the stacked team

if people wanted the map changed repeatedly we already have the RTV system in place for that

You are not understanding anything I am saying. Resetting the map is different than an RTV vote first and foremost. It will also be easier to do if we make the vote threshold ridiculously low. Also, 90% of the people I have heard complain about stacked teams, are usually the ones on the stack teams, but they have seemed to convey a notion of, "Well, what can I do about it?" Now they have an option and if they are not full of shit and are not hypocrites, then 70% is perfectly fine. 55% is stupidly low, since it would require just about a single person from the so called "stacked" team in addition to the unstacked team. If the unstacked team can not muster their own people to type a vote command to make the teams "even" then it must not be a real issue.

Also, sometimes, it is a single person who is making a team "stacked" in this case, all scramble would do is allow some new people to be on the winning team on a map restart, and not really help, which is why too low of a threshold is stupid. People can just vote so they have the one veteran in the server on their team, and once the other team starts to get pwned, they will want to scramble as well etc.

Passarelli
06-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Would it be possible to have it instead create/balance the teams? The most accurate way to balance the teams would probably be to average the teams K/D ratio and swap people so that they are as close as possible.

CYBER
06-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Scrambling process:

get players with high current kdr, check in their allies who is the least victim to that player (this is to counter those who always stack team together, looking at u ronnie and yoshir), and split them.
Then balance current players to have the closest average SKILL level on both sides and then by kdr IF there are any players that are currently in the top 20.
Remove the whole discount system we have, it's being abused by players joining the loosing team after carrying the winning team... or after winning team no longer has any edge. Unless zero makes it so that you only get the discount IF you WERE on that loosing player team for the duration of the losses... not if u just happened to "conveniently" join a loosing team. And this way you dont have to restart hte map, just start a new round with current scores

In fact i am about to propose a whole new economy system for wcs: Killing sprees and shutdowns, just like in league of legends:

We can easily check how many kills a player has had since their last death, calculate a spree.
Depending on how big of a spree that player was on (for example 5 kills spree) and someone on the other team kills that player. That lucky bastard will get 5 x deathmoney instead of normal system.
The more a player is being killed (simply check their current in game kdr), the LESS amount of money they return on win. this is to balance those games where someone repeatedly hunt down weak players at start while stacking a strong team.
Perhaps suggest some sort of "assists" system, where you can check if a player did more than 30% of dmg to a player before that target died by an ally, and give % of money to the assistant.

This will make it so that people can no longer abuse the "team sided" buffs, but instead WORK TOGETHER to kill off HIGH priority targets that are currently carrying the enemy team on a killing spree.
Hell i would throw bonus money or xp for killing off cuntsacks on enemy team that are currently on a maxed human, jack, molecule, spidey, and hell even vagas i dnt mind.

and finally. JUST. DO. SOMETHING. about that fucking op ass human race, and this current meta needs to be changed.

Although I don't like balancing wcs by making it less like wcs...I support zero's suggestion to have an anti-stack race, for example a race which has an ability (among others) that allows said player to SELECT A SKILL out of 40 x 5 list of skills in the game, and have that skill have 25/35/45/60/75 % LESS chance to proc on them. another ability could be so that an enemy player does LESS damage (or chance to dodge) the more XP that player has on that race COMPARED TO HIS OTHER RACES. (i.e if u play all races equally and are a veteran, u shoiuld be fine, but if u ONLY play human race and never other races...u do less damage while on THAT race) .
So if some fucking cunt nugget is whoring human throughout the entire fucking game, a bunch of player can hop on anti-meta , or what i call the new "Metanull" race (which can be given away as a starting race lv 0 for new players and only have 10 levels or smthn FREE as starter), and with more people on that race blocking the SAME ability, it would FORCE that motherfucking human (or other) dick off that fucking race for as long as they stay on that Metanull race, and force them to change tactics...
This metanull lv 0 race might actually be a way to allow new players to learn the skills they need to "disable" and know what is killing them, and how to counther them by playing a starter race specifically to tutor them how to counter big races.

Thoughts?
"What" , your thoughts don't count as we already argued about this.

Passarelli
06-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Thoughts?
"What" , your thoughts don't count as we already argued about this.

I laughed.

What, while Cyber may not wish to argue, I would love to hear your point of view.

We may want to consider breaking these other changes into different threads and keep this one for the Scramble plugin. Up to you guys though, I don't care that much.

What
06-01-2014, 11:49 PM
I do not believe that anit-races are the answer. It makes no point to remove the mod from a mod. It would only take about 1 or 2 of those on a team and we would essentially just be playing normal CS, since you can always reset your skills to select something else. You force someone off of one race onto another and you just keep switching back the whole time.

As I have said before, the only way to ensure that people don't douche it up, is to get rid of rankings and stat tracking. Have everything ranked on total amount of xp. That way there is no impetus to race whore since you don't need to preserve your rank or up your kdr. Cyber believes that ranking is the only thing that keeps players coming back, but a lot of these players are the same one he complains about. Ranking would still exist, based on xp, something like the war3rank or something like that, but have no record of kdr, accuracy or shit like that.

ZERO
06-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Yea things that are not for this plugin need to be in their own thread. On that note I do like the money idea.

CYBER
06-02-2014, 03:07 AM
Yea things that are not for this plugin need to be in their own thread. On that note I do like the money idea.

yes i realize that this should be suggested as its own plugin, but it was an elaboration on the !scramble command since worrying about money was an issue. :)

I will post a plugin request for the new economy system tomorrow seperately.

kionay
06-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Would it be possible to have it instead create/balance the teams? The most accurate way to balance the teams would probably be to average the teams K/D ratio and swap people so that they are as close as possible.

i started to post about it being about balance

but i remembered that this is a scramble, not a team balance thing so i kinda didn't :-/

i'd post about what cyber and What said but this is about the plugin, i'll go to cyber's thread tomorrow :P