PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher 3

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-15-2014, 07:38 PM
First A VIDYEA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

This video will link you to other videos, including gameplay.

So yea, just wanted to post so that you all knew about it's coming.
I for one, love the first two games. Mostly because of the story.

The best part is, you can pre order the game for $70 and get both the enhanced editions of The witcher and The witcher 2.
This game is similar to mass effect in the sense that your saves carry over and the story is connected.
I recommend it, 110%.

Thoughts from the rest of you?

Xerenix
07-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Looking forward to this game after reading all the books and playing the other 2 games.

Just hope that the saves from W2 carry over better than from 1 to 2 since little to nothing carried over there.

StarsMine
07-15-2014, 10:56 PM
You can preoder it for 48 bucks if you own 1 and 2 already http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

GoG and CD projekt are sister companies.

For me, I dont think I will pre order it, Have yet to beat 1 and 2 yet...

Xerenix
07-15-2014, 11:36 PM
You can preoder it for 48 bucks if you own 1 and 2 already http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

GoG and CD projekt are sister companies.

For me, I dont think I will pre order it, Have yet to beat 1 and 2 yet...

15% off on STEAM if you have both 1 and 2 on Steam.

StarsMine
07-16-2014, 12:44 AM
Gog Deal is still better thats 20% off, and shit ton of bonus stuff you dont get on steam

Masskid
07-16-2014, 01:20 AM
I would rather get it from gog since they say that's who they are partnered with or w/e

acolyte_to_jippity
07-16-2014, 01:42 AM
I would rather get it from gog since they say that's who they are partnered with or w/e

GoG is run by GoG Ltd. which is a wholly owned subsidiary of CD Projekt RED (i think. the wikiedia articles for CD Projekt is REALLY weird. Like, CD Projekt is the parent company of CD Projekt RED, but on the CD Projekt page, its mentioned that RED is the owner. idfk)

in other news, CD Projekt RED is one of my favorite developers. They got shit locked down tight when it comes to what fans want. The initial release of Witcher 2 was DRM'd, and that version was heavily pirated. When they removed the DRM, piracy rates plummetted. So they're releasing Witcher 3 with no DRM. plus, they're doing amazing things with the Cyberpunk 2077 game. I legit cannot wait for Cyberpunk to come out.

Xerenix
07-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Just checked my local stores and found that GoG/Steam(They are both the same cost) is 15 USD more expensive with the same pre-order bonuses.

GoG will really have to impress me with the planned pre-order bonuses before i spend that much.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-16-2014, 07:04 PM
The $70 for all three games was aimed at people who havnt played any of them yet. Its not to late to start and dive into the story.

YSo you are saying there is a chear option for getting in game goodies for 3?
i didnt see anything about that.

Oh man.,.. the collectors edition comes with a statue and witcher medallion

geeking out... be back later.

maynard
07-21-2014, 01:59 PM
100% free on torent sites ^^

Xerenix
07-23-2014, 08:12 AM
100% free on torent sites ^^

I prefer supporting good game series and companies by paying instead.

At a reasonable price of course =)

StarsMine
07-23-2014, 03:21 PM
I dont understand how maynard justifies his piracy...they have gone out of their way to provide as much as they can to those who buy it, DRM free, all the extras, a fair price, good distribution, what more can you ask for? They treat the consumer better then anyone in the business.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-24-2014, 06:58 PM
I dont understand how maynard justifies his piracy...they have gone out of their way to provide as much as they can to those who buy it, DRM free, all the extras, a fair price, good distribution, what more can you ask for? They treat the consumer better then anyone in the business.

this. CDProjekt RED is an awesome company, and i absolutely support them and their games.

Sin
07-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Publishers like Bethesda, EA, Activision, etc... ruin it for everyone.

That being said, I'm going to wait for the "Game of the Year" edition like I do with all these games, where the DLC will be included for about half the price.

StarsMine
07-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Bethesda has issues with treating its customers?
Activison has at least gotten alot better as of late. good enough to stop my personal boycot, EA on the other hand I dont trust quit yet at all so I just dont buy....Hopefully they have changed enough when Mirrors edge 2 comes out.

Xerenix
07-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Don't understand the EA hate however the only thing i've bought from them is made by Bioware and they have yet to disappoint me.

Never had any problems with Bethesda games either other than the fact the games they create are filled with bugs but which are fixed by the modding community.

maynard
07-30-2014, 01:17 PM
I like using torrenting so I can screen games. If the game is good, I'll deff support it and buy it, just always want to test it out first though via the interwebs ^^

Sin
08-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Bethesda has issues with treating its customers?

Oh you must not have played ESO.

StarsMine
08-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Oh you must not have played ESO.

No I didnt but one bad game =/= equal to treating the customer badly. So ill have to assume they did something management wise that screwed customers over(other then release a bad game) that I have not heard about.

Sin
08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
No I didnt but one bad game =/= equal to treating the customer badly. So ill have to assume they did something management wise that screwed customers over(other then release a bad game) that I have not heard about.

It's always something "management wise" that screws customers over, and considering ESO is fairly recent their name stuck out in my mind. There are plenty of shitty publishers out there. Triple AAA titles are shit.

Xerenix
03-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Anyone want a free copy of W2? I already got the game and was given a free copy of it.

maynard
03-13-2015, 11:36 PM
Bah... already own it... I like free games way more...

swagbot 9k
03-14-2015, 11:19 PM
I mean if you're offering... lol.